Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice (20495 Views)

I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Few Nigerians Work As Cabin-Crew On International Airlines? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 31, 2014
Hello everyone. Pls I need to know if a change of name on an international passport can now be done in lagos...and how much. thanks
Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by yimiton(f): 7:28am On Oct 31, 2014
abfas:
Hello everyone. Pls I need to know if a change of name on an international passport can now be done in lagos...and how much. thanks
You still have to go to Abuja for capturing. If you're doing it directly, it's about 18k but if you use a contact, you'll get it the same day you capture, you'll pay 50k or thereabouts. Anyways, you must still go to Abuja for capturing.
Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
@henrychubayo
Thanks so much for your help, the guy you gave me his contact was of much help, everything went smoothly and my passport has been sent to me here in Lagos. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
Actually, the official price as was advertised on the indoor billboard at Abuja immigration office is about 8700. But I paid 35k and was happy about cos I processed from Lagos here, I sent all my document to a contact who got approval for me and I travelled for the capture which didn't take up to 10mins cos we went to VIP , I left for Lagos immediately and my passport was sent to me here in Lagos two days later.
Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by henrychubayo: 8:35am On Nov 05, 2014
tochimas:
@henrychubayo
Thanks so much for your help, the guy you gave me his contact was of much help, everything went smoothly and my passport has been sent to me here in Lagos. Thanks so much.
Wow Congrats. I have beginning to wonder why u have not debrief me since then. Happy that u succeeded. That guy is very trusted. Cheers anyway. Which country are u flying to?
Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by Barisvilla(m): 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
pls keep the discussion going on I needed to know more about this?
Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by pwettylady(f): 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
henrychubayo:
Wow Congrats. I have beginning to wonder why u have not debrief me since then. Happy that u succeeded. That guy is very trusted. Cheers anyway. Which country are u flying to?
@henrychubayo please i want to do a change of name and state of origin on my passport.i have been using my step father's name and i recently got to meet my father hence,my decision.i understand i have to go to abj and hv booked my flight for tmrrw.the problem is i dont have a contact there and this is urgent.i need to get a visa asap.please i need your help.thanks.waiting for your response
Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by pwettylady(f): 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
pwettylady:

@tochimas please i want to do a change of name and state of origin on my passport.i have been using my step father's name and i recently got to meet my father hence,my decision.i understand i have to go to abj and hv booked my flight for tmrrw.the problem is i dont have a contact there and this is urgent.i need to get a visa asap.please i need your help.thanks.waiting for your response
Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 25, 2014
[quote author=pwettylady post=28347258][/quote]
Doing a change of name due to marriage is quite an easy thing according to the immigration officer that did mine. But ordinary change of name and state is a bit complicated , you will have to talk to an immigration officer first but be quite prepared cos they will have to put you through a lot, to prove your story, from getting a letter from your state liaison office to court and letter from parents and so on, you can start now but don't expect to get approval in a short time like marriage change of name. First talk to immigration officer,if it's what he or she can handle you will know, cos there are some cases that they won't like to touch for the sake of losing their job.
Talk to immigration officer to know the documents you need before going to Abuja .
Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by pwettylady(f): 11:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
tochimas:

Doing a change of name due to marriage is quite an easy thing according to the immigration officer that did mine. But ordinary change of name and state is a bit complicated , you will have to talk to an immigration officer first but be quite prepared cos they will have to put you through a lot, to prove your story, from getting a letter from your state liaison office to court and letter from parents and so on, you can start now but don't expect to get approval in a short time like marriage change of name. First talk to immigration officer,if it's what he or she can handle you will know, cos there are some cases that they won't like to touch for the sake of losing their job.
Talk to immigration officer to know the documents you need before going to Abuja .
thanks a lot.the problem is that i dont know any immigration officer.
Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by justwise(m): 12:48am On Nov 26, 2014
@All

Please don't bother dropping name or contact details of any immigration officer or agent here because it will be removed.

Visit the immigration office and apply for passport and stop encouraging corruption.

1 Like

Re: Married And Need To Change Name On International Passport. Pls Advice by Aanu96(f): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2021
@henrychubayo

good morning, With regards to the above, please can I send you a mail? My mail is nikkifikky@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asaba International Airport Ready To Receive Big Aircrafts - Governor Okowa / Nigerians Sitting On A Moving Train, Risking Their Lives (Video) / Travellers Blind Date - Only For Cuties And No Visa Hustlers Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.