Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) (40426 Views)

The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians / Armoured 2009 Ford Expedition For Politicians, Government Dignatories & Vip's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Dee60: 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
CHINA, where most of the bikes are made, has banned the use of motorcycles for commercial commuting in Shanghai, its biggest commercial city! Can we be holier than the pope?
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
all this daft, good for nothing YORUBA's here...who alwz say village nd igbo anyhow are useless.....i live in lagos, nd i'm happy to have a village, buh the lagosianz gave dia land to d white pple wu came during d slave bla blah...tinkin d whyte were godz...shame on lagosianz..
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GboyegaD(m): 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
idesignwebsite: So because of that,he should watch them die everyday abi and kill innocent passenger with them.I am sure if u go to Igbobi majority of the patient are Okada riders flaunting the rules.

So biased. I have being to Igbobi many times and at a time, my youngest sister was admitted because she fell off the stairs and her hip bone shifted. In the ward that she was, most of them were various forms of accidents and bikes were not so common compared to cars.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GboyegaD(m): 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
idesignwebsite: @wizzmc do u know how many potential massob and boko guys riding okada in lagos. It is a serious security threat,quite frankly I don't know how we want to build our own abu-dhabi if we don't stop the ghettolization of Lagos.

What threat? What has he done to give them an option before taking their source of livelihood? I know soonest, we all would come to the reality of the truth about Fashola's highhandedness.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GboyegaD(m): 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
luvinhubby:
The minimum wage in Dubai & Abu Dhabi is 3000AED ( N130,000), how much does an average income earner take home in Lasgidi. The unemployment rate in U.A.E is less 10%, how & where do you start to compare.

Help ask Nigerians oooo. We like comparing ourself with developed/developing countries without taking into consideration basic facts.

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GboyegaD(m): 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2012
redsun:

It is a tough question,but dynamic changes come with sacrifices.People just got to learn to adapt without sinking,because at the long run,it always turn out better.

So many people in lagos will be bettter off having their own small farms,making hard but decent living,in relative decent environment in country side.

How many of his policies has brought about the better Lagos we all shout? I cannot count the many terrible experiences I had with his ways of implementing policies. While I agree with the need for sacrifices, there is also a need for caution and providing some form of cushoning before implementing policies knowing well that we are very backward in terms of development.

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by 2mch(m): 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
Its funny, but about 1million photos of GEJ in this context can be drawn up. With the whole Nigeria being the maga. undecided
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GboyegaD(m): 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
pappilo:

I dont know what road the first picture was taken on but it sure looks major enough for okadas not to be allowed on it. Why didnt Fash enforce this ban before the election if this Lagos Traffic law has been in existence for donkeys like you claim.

Because he is dubious in character. So many things to tell the kind of person he is. Why did he sponsor Labor Party when he was having issues with Tinubu? He tells you the guy lacks integrity and yes, I once supported him because I felt he was real but now I know, he is not worth supporting and most of his supporters are the pretenders in thought who feels they are better than the next person.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by idesignwebsite(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
GboyegaD:

So biased. I have being to Igbobi many times and at a time, my youngest sister was admitted because she fell off the stairs and her hip bone shifted. In the ward that she was, most of them were various forms of accidents and bikes were not so common compared to cars.
Hmmm some bird told me u had a manifest of all there accident scenario of all the patients.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GboyegaD(m): 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
Billyonaire: The Ban on Okada is a necessary evil. Someone has to clean the mess called Lagos. Majority of the riders are from Niger Republic and Chad

And what do we learn from this?
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
lolz cheesy cry cry
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by seunajia: 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
GboyegaD:

How many of his policies has brought about the better Lagos we all shout? I cannot count the many terrible experiences I had with his ways of implementing policies. While I agree with the need for sacrifices, there is also a need for caution and providing some form of cushoning before implementing policies knowing well that we are very backward in terms of development.

Stay on topic!

I smell so much anger and hate in your words. Did Fashola take your wife?
Anyway, Whatever you have against Fashola should remain politics. With regards to this policy, Fashola==Score!
Seriously now, do you sincerely think Okadas should ply highways?
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by seunajia: 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
smackimorn: all this daft, good for nothing YORUBA's here...who alwz say village nd igbo anyhow are useless.....i live in lagos, nd i'm happy to have a village, buh the lagosianz gave dia land to d white pple wu came during d slave bla blah...tinkin d whyte were godz...shame on lagosianz..

You have a long way to go. A primary 2 pupil won't write the rubbish you have up here.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by luluosas(m): 11:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
Big lesson indeed!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by OtunbaGm: 11:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
I remember very vividly that Fashola was distributing helmet to Okada riders before his re-election for seconD term in oFfice! Now hE is serving them with traffic laws! Weldone d Captain!

I am in Ondo stAte now, ur brodA akEre fail yakata. Don't forget you mite need dos okada riders again!

Iyan ogun odun man joyan lowo! D good in those okada are beta dan baD ones! We shall see saw! O dojo alE......
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by emiye(m): 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
OtunbaGm: I remember very vividly that Fashola was distributing helmet to Okada riders before his re-election for seconD term in oFfice! Now hE is serving them with traffic laws! Weldone d Captain!

I am in Ondo stAte now, ur brodA akEre fail yakata. Don't forget you mite need dos okada riders again!

Iyan ogun odun man joyan lowo! D good in those okada are beta dan baD ones! We shall see saw! O dojo alE......

The Helmet distributed is for the riders and passengers safety

The 475 busy highway ban is for the riders and passengers safety.

At the end is all to enhance road safety
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by mapet: 11:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
Oga,
You have just given what to me is the "stupidest" and sensless example to justify your needless cry. Some of you guys just do bad justice to the intelligence you claim to have. I wonder how you pieced this together as logic

No need to argue further. Please tell all the aggrieved ex-Okada riders to take to armed robbery.....you could point houses for them to rob....if it would do you any world of good.....

Olumogun: A ROBBERY OPERATION TOOK PLACE LAST WEEKEND DURING WHICH THE ROBBERS TOLD THE OLD WOMAN IN THE HOUSE
"Sorry ma! we just have to do this. What engaged us from doing this has been taken away, so for now, we have no alternatives."
In as much as I don't appreciate all the excess of these OKADA riders,
I think the swiftness of banning them is too sudden for a society like ours.
Where do the operators turn to to take care of their family, pay school fees, pay house rent, etc.
Hope our community is not in trouble by this reformation?
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by mapet: 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
Certain laws have to be bent for people it can harm? OMG twisted minds will never end

Let me help you with additional "certain laws" that should be bent

1. All YahooYahoo boys should be left off the hook, as they are feeding their families and also training some people in the business
2. All corrupt politicians should not be tried. They have people in their employ, who have families to feed.
3. All Boko Haram suicide bombers should be let of the hook, even when caught, cos they also have people they feed.
4. All market women should sell their goods, even on the road from Abuja Airport to Aso Villa, as they are earning their daily bread.
5. Area boys should be legalized. If they are banned they'll take to armed robbery.
6. All Bank MDs under trial for monumental fraud cases, should be acquitted and dischared. As the continued trial will harm their family members and villagers

Logicboy03:

Corruption is the main problem and you seem like a political thug defending his daddy. angry

There are certain laws that have to be bent because of the people it can harm. Take the illegal immigration of Mexicans to USA. They are commiting a crime but now, many of them will be given amnesty and an approach to citizenship because the cost and harm in relocating the illegals to Mexico are too much.

There are many Okada riders that have been sustaining families with their Okad. Why not create jobs in the transport industry or create a moto gp race where okada riders can compete or something before banning the Okadas all together?

How would these poor people feed or eat?

You are a wicked soul.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by hakeem4shi(m): 11:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
martyns303: The master plan, use them to get to the top, however make sure u destroy them so the nxt man don't use them to defeat you.

You get brain Jare my brother,don't mind those people ranting. As if the okada men did not collect their money for the job! I wonder how people reason,u negotiate to participate in a campaign,they give u wat will make u active during the process and they all smile,why won't the Governor has the gut to do what he feels is right for the people, or he should ignore it because of selfish and self centered okada men. We all have a taste of what Fashola's law has done to the rich and the poor,we cannot all smile at thesame time,wen d landlords were fighting Fashola,all these okada men was hailing him,cos it favours them,now he's against them,they are calling for his head! Eko o nibaje,if we can all support,and if u think he's bad,go to ur home state and find out what ur governor has been able to achieve!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by mapet: 11:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
It was when I read this, that I knew that an immature juvy is ranting.....
thelastPope:

Best for where? Don't let me even start! Most of you seat in VI and read the nation to form your opinion of Nigeria. The best governor in Nigeria is Godswill Akpabio by miles! When you go to Akwa ibom, you will now understand the meaning of the phrase "shaping the future". Fashola is just planting grass and flower. Before now, the best governor was Donald Duke! Ironically, both are PDP.

What does Lagos have? Lagos doesn't even have a simple zoo! No new hospital! No new university! No public water! Lol

All the facilities in Lagos are private sector driven. The private sector is the one developing Lagos, not LASG. All LASG is doing is collecting tax!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Kayordey: 11:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
Aringarosa: Stopping Over 40,000 Okada Riders From Their Daily Means Of Livelihood?
aw as he stopped over 40,000 okada by just preventing d highway crave of ds majorly lagos strangers who left dr towns nd villages just to deface lagos in d name of greener pastures. Eko oni baje...,obaje ti,eni ba fe baje ama le danu ni.lasgidi is working cos fashola is working!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by mapet: 12:01am On Oct 26, 2012
...then forward march to Abuja and go tell Jonathan...
DANGOTEONE: I believe Air Transportation in Nigeria should also be banned because it has recorded the most death(s) in AN HOUR (more than 154 SOULS perished in an hour trip) than all other means of transport combined.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by mapet: 12:01am On Oct 26, 2012
I wonder your contradictory submissions. Answers to your questions are simple

1. What cushion effect are you talking about Is riding Okada on a designated highway lawful in the first place.
2. Intra-city rail? - Fashola is building it already
3. Please stop this trash about "he used them for election". I challenge someone to show me the stats of the number of Okada riders that voted. Truth is your vote is your franchise, you use it the way it best suits you. All this cry is senseless.
4. "May God help ACN in 2015" is a needless pray. We should be more concern about building credible and sustainable state, so that our children will not be born into chaos like Sudan, Mali, Somalia, Haiti etc It starts by refusing to right wrongs and ills of the society, and allowing destructive tendencies to persist under the guise that some people might be affected.

james1: Banning okada is taking from people their means of livelihood but its a policy the LASG thinks is good for the overal good of the state.
Why didn't fashola think up a way to at least cushion the damning effects that's is certain to come on the riders,their families and the general public?
Why is a city the size of lagos without an intra city rail system?
Why did fashola now choose to insult the the okada riders this way?after election.
Why did they not deem it fit to include in the v/i-epe expressway,rail tracks?
May God help A C N come 2015.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by EASY39(m): 1:40am On Oct 26, 2012
grin
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by folapelumilo: 4:42am On Oct 26, 2012
I dont think Fashola has done anything wrong in banning okada from some part of Lagos. People should try and understand he is doing u more good than harm.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 26, 2012
Well, Fashola is governor now and his responsibility is to make the state a better place. Before you all crucify him, remember that for a long time now majority of car accidents have been caused by okada due to the fact that they ride anyhow believing their so small they can fit into any corner of the road. Besides, okada accidents were becoming too rampant and are always fatal. My main concern is that things like armed robbery, kidnapping might increase rapidly due to the joblessness of these okada men, not forgetting that they have families to cater for. So Fashola should try as much as possible to provide something for them. Believe me, Lagos will be a better place now.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by billynoni(m): 5:07am On Oct 26, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin those illiterate okada biatches did not see the Ban coming grin grin grin
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by billynoni(m): 5:08am On Oct 26, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin those illiterate okada biatches did not see the Ban coming grin grin grin
.....true talk
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by billynoni(m): 5:09am On Oct 26, 2012
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by naptu2: 5:14am On Oct 26, 2012
1) Okada riders were arrested before the election (for riding without helmets and riding against the flow of traffic), just as they are being arrested after the elections.

2) The fact that he solicited their votes does not mean that he will permit illegal acts or acts that go against the interests of Lagosians.

3) The governor had meetings with the okada unions and they agreed to abide by the law (this was even before enforcement started).

4) The state government has set up over 16 skills acquisition centres where those who can no longer ride okada can go and learn a trade (they will be given a loan and assisted to start a business when they graduate).

5) The government has put in place or, is in the process of putting in place, alternative transport systems like the BRT, LRT and ferry services.

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 26, 2012
mapet: I wonder your contradictory submissions. Answers to your questions are simple

1. What cushion effect are you talking about Is riding Okada on a designated highway lawful in the first place.
2. Intra-city rail? - Fashola is building it already
3. Please stop this trash about "he used them for election". I challenge someone to show me the stats of the number of Okada riders that voted. Truth is your vote is your franchise, you use it the way it best suits you. All this cry is senseless.
4. "May God help ACN in 2015" is a needless pray. We should be more concern about building credible and sustainable state, so that our children will not be born into chaos like Sudan, Mali, Somalia, Haiti etc It starts by refusing to right wrongs and ills of the society, and allowing destructive tendencies to persist under the guise that some people might be affected.

Thank you for explaining. I don't know why most people are just so shallow. Is Fashola really constructing intra-city rail? If it's true then that's going to very good.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by naptu2: 5:51am On Oct 26, 2012
naptu2: One of several meetings.

[size=14pt]Okada riders meet Fashola, back new traffic law[/size]

September 12, 2012 | 12:59 am

News

By MONSUR OLOWOOPEJO

Commercial motorcycle operators in Lagos state, yesterday declared their total support for the new traffic law in the state.

The operators under the aegis of Motorcycle Operators Association of Lagos State, MOALS of National Union of Road Transport Workers, NURTW, Lagos state, declared their support for the new law at the end of a closed door meeting with the state governor, Babatunde Fashola at the State House, Alausa,Ikeja.

Speaking on behalf of the association at the end of the meeting which lasted for several hours, Chairman of MOALS of NURTW, Mr. Tijani Pekis said “ We are now ready to comply totally with the traffic law.”

Explaining on what transpired at the meeting, Pekis explained “at the meeting, we explained our grievances to the governor on the new traffic law.”

According to him, “But when we listened to his response, it was human. It suits us as a union. We all appreciate his response and we decided to back the law.

“As the grand patron of the okada riders in the state, he has assured us that the law will continue to have human face. And we have also assured him that we will go back to our members and sensitize them on the importance of the new law before the enforcement,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/okada-riders-meet-fashola-back-new-traffic-law/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside Tafawa Balewa's Memorial House And Tomb In Bauchi (Photos) / Reno Omokri Dancing In Early Celebration Of Atiku’s Victory / Hardship: Protesters Defy Police Warning, Hit Lagos Streets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.