Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? (15618 Views)

Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? / An Encounter With A Ghost. / Have You Ever Seen A Ghost Disappear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by SpicyMimi(f): 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2012
freecocoa: One certain christmas at my mum's village, I, my brother and his friend went to look for a bunch of keys my dad gave me to keep the previous day,(he was asking for it) I was with the key and didn't know where I left it, I searched everywhere in the house but couldn't find it, I asked my brother to help cos it was my dad's car keys and he would be traveling back to town early that day, we set out to look for the keys, it was about 5:30 am, my brother suggested we trace back my steps to places I went the previous day, we just dey jejely find the key with flashlight when we saw someone abi na something dressed in white, coming out of the bushes alone, omo see race, we didn't wait to see whether na ghost or not(not with all the stories we've heard).
Omo since that day if them talk about ghost, I tell people I've seen one before but thinking about it now, it could probably be someone that went to shyt for bush or even a white garment church member coming back from church, well I'll never know now but as far as I'm concerned, I saw a ghost that day, after all they always wear white and often walk alone at midnight or early morning grin.
LMAO! !! @the race.
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by MissCorrection: 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2012
xandy84: . You don't have a point.. Majority of Nairalander comment with fone which is not easy compare to PC.. That is why some error are common... Try type with fone and see d different ooooo...

Phone

Some errors

Typing with a phone

Difference

cry cry
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by IfyAwazie(f): 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
Sunymoore: Almost here is my story
was taking a shorth cut home recently
beside a burial ground in the evening.
some guy was coming behind me and
suddenly turned back and started
running, i immediately turned and
wondering if there`s danger ahead i also
started running after him. then he
started shouting ghost! ghost!! ghost!!!
just then i increased my speed to Gear 5.
two other men and one Lady that had
also joined that short path quickly took to
their heels and was also shouting. we all
ran out into the major road and where
panting as people gathered. people
curiously asked what exactly is the
matter and none of us responded until
the guy right behind me as first broke
the silence by saying that he did not see
me when he joined the pathway so when
he sighted me in his front, he then
thought i was a GHOST.
Just cant stop lafin. Wao very funny
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by ACM10: 2:16pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rumin8: Well, as unlikely as some people think ghosts are, they exist because until I saw one, I was heavily sceptical just like you guys are.

Couple of years ago, I travelled home to deliver some items to my granny. I was supposed to spend a week but found the family home slightly uncomfortable so after two nights, I decided to move to the home of a cousin who lived apart.

My cousin, it should be pointed, lived behind the only cemetery in the town. Not that that was an odd thing because a lot of folks lived there and didn't care at all about the sights of gravestones just behind their window. Anyone who is familiar with Bonny Island in Rivers State will know the cemetery and the community of Orosikiri behind it.

So, after spending the day with my old lady, I had a late dinner and set out to meet the cousin. I took a bike and pulled up at the stop between the Shell or Mobil yard around a roundabout, then walked the 100 metres to the point where I'd have to walk through the graveyard before making an exit.

It was pretty dark but I wasn't worried because I'd gone through that path severally in the past but after three, four steps inside the cemetery, I saw a figure approaching me.

It wasn't unusual to meet people walking through so I didn't give an extra thought to the figure of a man walking strangely towards me, but suddenly I had goose bumps all over and became extremely light headed. I peered closely at the 'man' and saw a face I'd never forget. It looked truly bizarre. And then it dawned on me, that what was coming towards me was no man, but a ghost.

To my astonishment, I couldn't turn and run, even though my whole body was screaming for me to get away from the object. I could also not make sound. Everything was just surreal. My head continued to swell and I became afraid that I was going to die there.

Eventually, it reached me. It stared at me for a while, with eyes that were just black holes and walked past with a loud hiss. There was a sudden coldness as it remained near me but as it went away, the night became humid again. I remember regaining control of myself and turned to watch it go, still walking/floating away. Everything must have taken 30 seconds to a minute but it felt like forever. I then ran quickly to my cousin's place and told him what I saw.

He said a chief was buried there recently and a neighbour had complained seeing a man at her kitchen door twice.

I left Bonny the next day and returned to Port Harcourt. Shared the experience with a friend who advised me to go to church, but I dismissed the idea. I had a few nightmares after the incident but have pushed the whole thing to a quiet corner of my mind, but seeing this topic brought back everything.
Do you sincerely believe that we will swallow your mumbo jumbo story? undecided
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by jhydebaba(m): 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
OP, ghost as in this

Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Rumin8(m): 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
^^ Hi Doc ACM10, you're not supposed to swallow it if it don't taste right. I have a strong scientific background and don't readily accept the whole paranormal phenomena but my experience gave me a different viewpoint to these subjects. So again, I believe ghosts exist. You don't, so that makes it even. Now you will not get a straitjacket and lock up me up in a padded room, will you?
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by ACM10: 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rumin8:

Excellent Doctor, excellent. The world is one big unit of hypoglycaemic, hyperglycaemic, high on rec drugs and mentally disturbed patients. I get it. Its a shame you don't work for Pfizer, you could have fixed us something to clear our heads with.
So what's your point here?
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Rumin8(m): 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
ACM10:
So what's your point here?

My point is, you can't infer that everyone who believes in ghosts suffer from any of the medical conditions you listed. Are you an expert on the subject? What is your declaration based on? On a clinical study?
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by ACM10: 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rumin8: ^^ Hi Doc ACM10, you're not supposed to swallow it if it don't taste right. I have a strong scientific background and don't readily accept the whole paranormal phenomena but my experience gave me a different viewpoint to these subjects. So again, I believe ghosts exist. You don't, so that makes it even. Now you will not get a straitjacket and lock up me up in a padded room, will you?
You are free to believe any tale which tickles your fancy. It's a free world. You reserve the right to choose. But it's unfair to mislead people with such tales.
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
You guys should leave @misscorrection alone. She is just joking becos her name itself is not grammatically correct.

Its meant to be ''miss correction'', not ''misscorrection''.
I hope you correct that miss.

But if you can't or u give some lame excuse then you have no right to correct others.

Nobody's perfect.
Get that ''in ur mind''.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by johnstar(m): 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
Yes yes nd yes, have seen a ghost b4, bt only wn am watching nigeria films cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Rumin8(m): 2:39pm On Oct 28, 2012
Sharing an experience is not attempting to mislead. That was my experience. Others have shared theirs. I am happy you believe I reserve the right to choose. You too should have. Just indicated your belief and perhaps tell us why. Not make a sweeping statement such as the one you made, declaring people who believe in ghosts mentally unfit.

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
Dafuq did i just read? undecided undecided undecided

no useful topics? undecided undecided undecided

and this made front page? undecided only on nairaland... undecided
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
Nope!
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by ACM10: 2:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rumin8:

My point is, you can't infer that everyone who believes in ghosts suffer from any of the medical conditions you listed. Are you an expert on the subject? What is your declaration based on? On a clinical study?
Since you are science-inclined, I will like to know your field. Can you quote any science literature to support the existence of ghosts? You can't tell me that no one has done any work on it; since the claim had been around for thousands of years. By the way, do you know that "hallucination" is a symptom associated with the transient or permanent brain disorder?
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by ACM10: 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rumin8: Sharing an experience is not attempting to mislead. That was my experience. Others have shared theirs. I am happy you believe I reserve the right to choose. You too should have. Just indicated your belief and perhaps tell us why. Not make a sweeping statement such as the one you made, declaring people who believe in ghosts mentally unfit.
You are misquoting me. "Mentally unfit" is another term altogether. My comment did not implicitely or explicitly refer to such experience with that language. Maybe you misunderstood me.
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by tintingz(m): 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
Omo Alata:

Don't even go down that route
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Rumin8(m): 3:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
ACM10:
Since you are science-inclined, I will like to know your field. Can you quote any science literature to support the existence of ghosts? You can't tell me that no one has done any work on it; since the claim had been around for thousands of years. By the way, do you know that "hallucination" is a symptom associated with the transient or permanent brain disorder?

Well let's not go down this route. Someone having visual hallucinations and someone seeing a paranormal activity experience two very different things. There are multiple studies on both of these but the findings on the latter remain inconclusive, just as the reports on outer-body-experience or OBE.

My belief that ghosts exist is not based on a scientific report but on what I saw and you can't tell me that I suddenly began hallucinating in the middle of my walk that night. I know what the mind can cause the eyes to see but my friend, my mind wasn't playing tricks with me that night. I can tell you that. smiley

Now, I'm not arguing that any sighting of an apparition is someone seeing a ghost, no. Lights and objects and our strong superstitious beliefs in these parts can contribute to a lot of claims of ghost sighting I know. What I'm only saying is that people do witness things that science can't readily explain and no, they aren't hallucinating or high on drugs.
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by nikky5(m): 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
During my undergrad days in the laate 90s, an elder in our church died.His wife and children (4) came to stay with us for a few days.The same night they came to our house around 9pm, we were watching TV when we heI ard continuous knocking at the door.I went out thrice but didnt see anyone.As soon as I entered the sitting room and closed the door as usual the banging started again and I angrily opened the door and began to pray binding and loosing.This did not stopped the unseen guest from banging the door.Finally the wife called me and asked me to ignore him that he will stop when he is tired.Few minutes later the banging stopped and never repeated itself again.I did not see any ghost.
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2012
As long as you've had encounter with herbalists(telling you some she!t you already know), seen magic(confirm ones), your head swelled for no reason(if you see ghost or not)..dude, they exist...
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by hrhobi1(m): 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
TRUE STORY LIVE WITNESS I AM.

DURING MY GRANNYS BURIAL CEREMONY , PEOPLE CAME IN FROM ALL WORKS OF LIFE, AND THE PARTY STARTED AND POLITICIANS STARTED GIVING/SPRAYING CASH ON ONE OF MY VERY WICKED, STINGY,GREEDY, AUNTY WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF GRANNY BEFORE SHE DIED, SHE BENEFITED MOST FROM GRANNY CAUSE SHE LEAVED WITH HER ALL HER LIFE, HER KIDS WHERE ALL TAKEN CARE OF BY MY GRANNY, SO AFTER THE PARTY SHE HAD TWO GHANA MUST GO BAGS FILLED WITH MONEY SHE GOT FROM HER WELL WISHERS.

SHE CARRIED THE BAGS TO HER ROOM AND PLACED IT UNDER HER BED, SHE ASKED ONE OF HER DAUGHTERS TO SLEEP IN HER ROOM TO PROTECT THE BAGS, AT AROUND 4 AM SOMEONE KNOCKED AND WALKED INSIDE THE ROOM, MY COUSIN WOKE UP SAW THE LADY AND SLEPT OFF AGAIN, THE LADY WENT STRAIGHT TO BED SIDE KNELT DOWN AND REMOVED THE TWO GHANA MUST GO BAGS FILLED WITH MONEY. THE NEXT DAY ALL HELL BROKE LOSE, FIGHT, HERBALIST, PROPHETS AND PROPHETESS FROM ALL CHURCHES ARRIVED TO WITH DIFFERENT SOLUTIONS SAYING THE THIEF WOULD DIE, DIE DIE DIE PRAYERS, ME JUST DEY ONE CORNER DEY SMOKE MY KPAKPA AND LAUGHING IF U KNOW WOT I MEAN. TOTAL MONEY MISSING WAS APPROXIMATELY 2 MILLION THIS WAS IN THE YEAR 2000

SO MY MUM HAD A DREAM 3 DAYS LATER, MY GRANNY APPEARED TO HER AND SHOWED HER THE BAGS THAT SHE WAS D ONE WHO CAME IN TO COLLECT HER MONEY THAT MY AUNTY WAS A GREEDY AND WICKED WOMEN, SHE REGRETTED NOT KNOWING WHICH AMONG TS HER CHILDREN WERE SINCERE UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE. ACCORDING TO MY MUM, MAMA SAID , MY DAUGHTER SEE MONEY I FOR GIVE YOU ALL BUT YOU NO GO FIT USE THE MONEY FOR REAL LIFE AS I DON ALREADY TAKE AM GO SPIRIT WORLD. SO SORRY TAKE CARE OF ALL MY GRAND KIDS GOOD NIGHT.

OK THATS A TRUE STORY.
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Lenny5000(m): 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
advocate666: Please tell us your experience.

How can you see a GHOST if the term refers to an INVISIBLE being? You might want to rephrase your question as you cant see something that is Invisible.
Bless
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
hrhobi1: TRUE STORY LIVE WITNESS I AM.

DURING MY GRANNYS BURIAL CEREMONY , PEOPLE CAME IN FROM ALL WORKS OF LIFE, AND THE PARTY STARTED AND POLITICIANS STARTED GIVING/SPRAYING CASH ON ONE OF MY VERY WICKED, STINGY,GREEDY, AUNTY WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF GRANNY BEFORE SHE DIED, SHE BENEFITED MOST FROM GRANNY CAUSE SHE LEAVED WITH HER ALL HER LIFE, HER KIDS WHERE ALL TAKEN CARE OF BY MY GRANNY, SO AFTER THE PARTY SHE HAD TWO GHANA MUST GO BAGS FILLED WITH MONEY SHE GOT FROM HER WELL WISHERS.

SHE CARRIED THE BAGS TO HER ROOM AND PLACED IT UNDER HER BED, SHE ASKED ONE OF HER DAUGHTERS TO SLEEP IN HER ROOM TO PROTECT THE BAGS, AT AROUND 4 AM SOMEONE KNOCKED AND WALKED INSIDE THE ROOM, MY COUSIN WOKE UP SAW THE LADY AND SLEPT OFF AGAIN, THE LADY WENT STRAIGHT TO BED SIDE KNELT DOWN AND REMOVED THE TWO GHANA MUST GO BAGS FILLED WITH MONEY. THE NEXT DAY ALL HELL BROKE LOSE, FIGHT, HERBALIST, PROPHETS AND PROPHETESS FROM ALL CHURCHES ARRIVED TO WITH DIFFERENT SOLUTIONS SAYING THE THIEF WOULD DIE, DIE DIE DIE PRAYERS, ME JUST DEY ONE CORNER DEY SMOKE MY KPAKPA AND LAUGHING IF U KNOW WOT I MEAN. TOTAL MONEY MISSING WAS APPROXIMATELY 2 MILLION THIS WAS IN THE YEAR 2000

SO MY MUM HAD A DREAM 3 DAYS LATER, MY GRANNY APPEARED TO HER AND SHOWED HER THE BAGS THAT SHE WAS D ONE WHO CAME IN TO COLLECT HER MONEY THAT MY AUNTY WAS A GREEDY AND WICKED WOMEN, SHE REGRETTED NOT KNOWING WHICH AMONG TS HER CHILDREN WERE SINCERE UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE. ACCORDING TO MY MUM, MAMA SAID , MY DAUGHTER SEE MONEY I FOR GIVE YOU ALL BUT YOU NO GO FIT USE THE MONEY FOR REAL LIFE AS I DON ALREADY TAKE AM GO SPIRIT WORLD. SO SORRY TAKE CARE OF ALL MY GRAND KIDS GOOD NIGHT.

OK THATS A TRUE STORY.

Bros alfa naaaa .... cool
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by ACM10: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2012
The disembodied spirit of a dead person [size=28pt]imagined[/size] as haunting the living
m.dictionary.com/d/?q=ghost
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by hrhobi1(m): 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
sheyie2007:

Bros alfa naaaa .... cool

You dey suspect me? tell me make i call my granny for u
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
ACM10: The disembodied spirit of a dead person [size=28pt]imagined[/size] as haunting the living

Why emphasize "imagined"? Have you lived close to a forest before? To be precise, more of a village setting? Then you'll know some forces are not smiling..
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Gialmine(f): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
pastormustwacc: Well, i am not looking for a ghost.

But walahi, any GHOST i see, i shall bind it immediately. If it is a good ghost, i will only untie the mouth and ask it to deliver its message fast and be on its way.

If it is a bad ghost - well, i will bind it and tie it into a bottle, and sell it off as a JINI in alaba-international market.

Ghosts: be warned, and STAY OFF MY ZONE!
c dis 1 o...na bcoz u neva c 1 b4 na im dey make u make mouth. Am damn sure dat u will dance Azonto if u c 1 cheesy
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Gialmine(f): 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
anitank:
That's scary shocked shocked
I purposely stay up late sometimes hoping to see my late fiance's ghost, but it never comes sad
I honestly don't know how I'd react when I see his ghost but I also want to find out
perhapz, u were expecting sum flowerz 4rm himcheesy
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Rumin8(m): 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
ACM10: The disembodied spirit of a dead person [size=28pt]imagined[/size] as haunting the living

By your definition, disembodied spirits of dead people do exist. Its their haunting the living that is thought to be imagined, right?
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Gialmine(f): 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2012
anitank:
They were probably in a family meeting they couldn't make it to the market that saturday grin grin grin
i saw dis coming! cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by Gialmine(f): 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2012
jhydebaba: OP, ghost as in this
shocked is dis d kinda ghost u alwyz c? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Has Anybody Here Ever Seen A Ghost? by pcwhiz(m): 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
Rumin8: Well, as unlikely as some people think ghosts are, they exist because until I saw one, I was heavily sceptical just like you guys are.

Couple of years ago, I travelled home to deliver some items to my granny. I was supposed to spend a week but found the family home slightly uncomfortable so after two nights, I decided to move to the home of a cousin who lived apart.

My cousin, it should be pointed, lived behind the only cemetery in the town. Not that that was an odd thing because a lot of folks lived there and didn't care at all about the sights of gravestones just behind their window. Anyone who is familiar with Bonny Island in Rivers State will know the cemetery and the community of Orosikiri behind it.

So, after spending the day with my old lady, I had a late dinner and set out to meet the cousin. I took a bike and pulled up at the stop between the Shell or Mobil yard around a roundabout, then walked the 100 metres to the point where I'd have to walk through the graveyard before making an exit.

It was pretty dark but I wasn't worried because I'd gone through that path severally in the past but after three, four steps inside the cemetery, I saw a figure approaching me.

It wasn't unusual to meet people walking through so I didn't give an extra thought to the figure of a man walking strangely towards me, but suddenly I had goose bumps all over and became extremely light headed. I peered closely at the 'man' and saw a face I'd never forget. It looked truly bizarre. And then it dawned on me, that what was coming towards me was no man, but a ghost.

To my astonishment, I couldn't turn and run, even though my whole body was screaming for me to get away from the object. I could also not make sound. Everything was just surreal. My head continued to swell and I became afraid that I was going to die there.

Eventually, it reached me. It stared at me for a while, with eyes that were just black holes and walked past with a loud hiss. There was a sudden coldness as it remained near me but as it went away, the night became humid again. I remember regaining control of myself and turned to watch it go, still walking/floating away. Everything must have taken 30 seconds to a minute but it felt like forever. I then ran quickly to my cousin's place and told him what I saw.

He said a chief was buried there recently and a neighbour had complained seeing a man at her kitchen door twice.

I left Bonny the next day and returned to Port Harcourt. Shared the experience with a friend who advised me to go to church, but I dismissed the idea. I had a few nightmares after the incident but have pushed the whole thing to a quiet corner of my mind, but seeing this topic brought back everything.

Holy shit!!!!! shocked

Holy shit!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know / The Experience Gospel Concert 2022 Holds In Lagos Today / Which Bible Character Would You Pick For A Hangout And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.