Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University (32593 Views)

Nigerian Sets Record, Scores 5.0 GPA In Russia.. / Nigerian Student Breaks A 50yr Record In Japan,Graduates With Ist Class(photos) / Unilag’s Best Student Scores 4.96 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:49am On Oct 26, 2012
A genius could be referred to as an exceptional child who is academically sound. But, how would you describe an individual who never misses a point in his examinations from first year in the university to the final year? If there is any adjective to qualify such a person, that word could best describe Tunji Olu-Taiwo, an Engineering student of Eastern Mediterranean University in the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus who obtained 4.0 CGPA out of 4.0 CGPA, the first ever in the department.

Encomiums have continued to be showered on Tunji Olu-Taiwo from various quarters, because his impressive performance has placed him in the spotlight.

Over the years, Nigeria's human resources have ranked among the best in the world partly due to the profound efforts of critical-minded parents that stimulate the astuteness that hides within every student, begging for whom to push the trigger.

Tunji Olu-Taiwo, who hails from Ifako-Ijaye Local Government Area of Lagos State, emerged the best graduating student from the Faculty of Engineering, obtaining a status of High Honours (first class).

Tunji is the first African to have bagged such a status in the Department of Engineering, obtaining a degree in Engineering on a Grade Point Average of 4.00 out of 4.00 (straight A's).

Amid great honour and eulogy sang by the students and academic, expressing marvel at the development, Vanguard met with Tunji in an online chat to speak more on his success.

Mark Elliot Zuckerberg as Role Model

"I am looking up to Mark Zuckerberg, he is a genius I love to emulate," Tunji said. Mark Elliot Zuckerberg (born May 14, 1984) is an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur. He is best known as one of the five co-founders of the social networking site, Facebook. Zuckerberg is the chairman and chief executive of Facebook. Inc.

Further Study

"I plan to further by specializing in the field of software engineering. “Software Engineering is a course I have cherished right from time. I know I owe the society more with this, that is the reason that I wish to go further in that regard for this dream to be fulfilled.”

Hopes and challenges in Nigeria

Tunji expressed hope in Nigeria when he said; "there is no place like home," adding; "I like the fact that no matter the difficult situations Nigerians find themselves in, they still try to be happy."

Advice for the Government

Poverty, I believe is the greatest distraction, frustrating process of seeking admission into universities and lack of steady electricity are some dire challenges the people, especially students, usually grapple with, in his honest opinion. Tunji advised the government thus:

“Admissions should be done on a per semester basis. I will advise that the Federal Government should try to provide constant electricity. This, to me, will automatically eradicate about 50 per cent of Nigeria's problems. Also, a simple advice for all students is that the road to success is not on a straight path. Patience is a very important virtue that should be put to good use.”

His Background

“My father, Dr. Mike Olufemi Taiwo is a dental surgeon and a retired army officer. He is from Lagos State. My mother, Mrs. Ajoke Lillian Olu-Taiwo is a business consultant. She hails from Kogi State.

My parents modelled my life the way it is today. They took time to instil discipline in me. I was born and raised in the great city of Kano. I grew up in a large Catholic family, with three brothers and four sisters. I started reading at a very young age. My parents made sure I did my assignments and that zeal still remains in me up to this moment.”

Tunji's father who spoke with Vanguard about Tunji's up- bringing said; "I brought up all my children in Kano. I noticed that many parents allow their children freedom to wander about after school which I detested so I made it mandatory for my children to remain home-bound. I was part of their lives. I made sure their home works were done and their books studied on daily basis. I was their mentor and at the same time, their friend.

“Nevertheless, because all work without play makes Jack a dull boy, so I provided indoor games for my children. When they were big enough to play table tennis, I played the game with them. It was fun.

“I also taught them chess and was always beating them, but when Tunji came from Cyprus, he started beating me hands down and I began to marvel. I was not too surprised about the result he made," said Dr Olu Taiwo.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/nigerian-student-breaks-world-record-scores-4-0-over-4-0-in-turkish-varsity/

25 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by qualified(f): 2:13am On Oct 26, 2012
I didn't waste precious time to read ur 'tribalistic' story. What is 'yoruba' doing in d title?

smh

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Chubhie: 4:22am On Oct 26, 2012
The family plays a very important and strategic role in molding a child's destiny and changing society. My guy tunji is so on point. 4.0 nor be moi moi in engineering o. All the very best in his future endervours.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by tchaik(m): 6:47am On Oct 26, 2012
Nice one! Just reminded me of these predictions:

https://www.nairaland.com/1066757/predictions-last-quarter-year

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 26, 2012
qualified: I didn't waste precious time to read ur 'tribalistic' story. What is 'yoruba' doing in d title?

smh
abi oo! Immediately I saw the title of the topic, I didn't bother reading the thread.smh.
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by ektbear: 7:49am On Oct 26, 2012
Congratulations to him
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by PaulJohn1: 7:55am On Oct 26, 2012
OP, it'll be reasonable of you if you can edit your topic. Erase the first word.

Congrats to the guy, but why Turkey?! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 26, 2012
Mark Elliot Zuckerberg as Role Model

son, Mark was busy pursuing his dreams not degrees..

Well you may get a slot in Covenant as Lecturer II.
Congratulations..!!!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by PaulJohn1: 8:12am On Oct 26, 2012
Admissions should be done on a per semester basis. I will advise that the Federal Government should try to provide constant electricity. This, to me, will automatically eradicate about 50 per cent of Nigeria's problems. Also, a simple advice for all students is that the road to success is not on a straight path. Patience is a very important virtue that should be put to good use.”

The part in bold is a good point.
I heard a private university(Bowen University, Iwo) in Nigeria has started it already, It's only for post graduate program though. Our universities need to emulate this, not just for post graduate programs alone but first degree as well. It helps in reducing time wasted in seeking admission by our high school graduates
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 26, 2012
Patience is a very important virtue that should be put to good use.”

You mean Patience & Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by SlyIg(f): 9:05am On Oct 26, 2012
qualified: I didn't waste precious time to read ur 'tribalistic' story. What is 'yoruba' doing in d title?

smh
My dear, its a thing of joy for the Yorubas'. While others are being caught and reported for one crime or the other on daily bases,here is a good news for them. Do you think its easy? Abeg,give respect to whom respect is due and rejoice with those who rejoice so that the next point of joy can locate you.
Can anything good come out of this nation. Thanks to this guy. He has made our weekend here on nairaland.
Long Live Lagos state
Long Live the Yorubas
Long Live Nigeria!
By d way,im not a Yoruba o. Thank you.

37 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by PaulJohn1: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2012
^^
Akwa Ibom lady, that was funny smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by aljharem(m): 9:21am On Oct 26, 2012
Am not surprise. Even the Nairaland shows it all the disparity of intellect. Congratulations Olu
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by aljharem(m): 9:21am On Oct 26, 2012
SlyIg:
My dear, its a thing of joy for the Yorubas'. While others are being caught and reported for one crime or the other on daily bases,here is a good news for them. Do you think its easy? Abeg,give respect to whom respect is due and rejoice with those who rejoice so that the next point of joy can locate you.
Can anything good come out of this nation. Thanks to this guy. He has made our weekend here on nairaland.
Long Live Lagos state
Long Live the Yorubas
Long Live Nigeria!

Thank you my sister. kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:22am On Oct 26, 2012
Some people are just shy away from the topic.

The progress is ours while we try as much as possible to represent Nigeria in a good manner.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by aljharem(m): 9:23am On Oct 26, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Some people are just shy away from the topic.

The progress is ours while we try as much as possible to represent Nigeria in a good manner.

Yes indeed the progress of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:31am On Oct 26, 2012
SlyIg:
Long Live Lagos state
Long Live the Yorubas
Long Live Nigeria!

^^^While it's not in doubt that "it's a thing of joy for the Yorubas'", the rest of your bolded statement would make the uninformed think that 'others' have no sons or daughters to be proud of, but are only "caught and reported for one crime or the other on daily basis"; and on the other hand, Yorubas' have no criminals but are whiter than white and are all prime candidates for sainthood.

By emphasising 'Yorubas'' in his heading instead of 'Nigerian', he certainly made it a thing of joy for just Yorubas'.....see my point?

Cheers.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by aljharem(m): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^While it's not in doubt that "it's a thing of joy for the Yorubas'", the rest of your bolded statement would make the uninformed think that 'others' have no sons or daughters to be proud of, but are only "caught and reported for one crime or the other on daily basis"; and on the other hand, Yorubas' have no criminals but are whiter than white and are all prime candidates for sainthood.

By emphasising 'Yorubas'' in his heading instead of 'Nigerian', he certainly made it a thing of joy for just Yorubas'.....see my point?

Cheers.

can you show us where yoruba is in the heading ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by PaulJohn1: 9:52am On Oct 26, 2012
alj harem:

can you show us where yoruba is in the heading ?
The Op has just edited it
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by aljharem(m): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2012
Paul John:
The Op has just edited it

oh i see

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by ayklazic(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2012
We are no longer giant of africa but now gaint of the world

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by solomon111(m): 10:59am On Oct 26, 2012
SlyIg:
Long Live Lagos state
Long Live the Yorubas
Long Live Nigeria!
you must be very stupid.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by nku5: 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2012
tongue The chameleon strikes back

alj harem:

Thank you my sister. kiss
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by CyberG: 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
solomon111: you must be very stupid.

And you are brainlessly STUPI.D!!

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Osiris211: 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2012
I rep south west! Fucck you hater cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by nku5: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
Congrats to this boy wonder. Confirmed lagos boy. His parents sef sabi book. Lol
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
Just another sign that Nigerians are among the world's most intelligent and brilliant people.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by SlyIg(f): 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Cheers.
If you arent aware or maybe you are only pretending not to notice that most daily crimes like drug,kidnapping and ritual are reported from one part of the country,thats number one! Then two,bombing is reported on daily bases from another part of the country! But here,once in a blue moon,we use to receive great news like this very one from another part of our country. Aint you aware of the different parts of the country that im talking abt? But nevertheless,all the glory goes to the Yorubas and Nigeria at large. Try to put your own part of your country in shape so that the next glory can locate you. Still,remember im not a Yoruba, igbo nor Hausa. Im only a lover of good thing. Thank you...

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by SlyIg(f): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
solomon111: you must be very stupid.
Nna, thank you. Go and put your household in order. Appreciate other people's progress so that good things can locate you. If the headline was actually abt drug or any crime,i would have known that its your brother. I knew it must be a Yoruba when i saw the headline or someone from my beloved state. Yes o o ... Go and die! You guys suck!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
acidosis™:

son, Mark was busy pursuing his dreams not degrees..

Well you may get a slot in Covenant as Lecturer II.
Congratulations..!!!
pls don't make me laugh honey. grin
Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by Osiris211: 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
This girl bad ooooo. Omo seeeeeee finishing!

SlyIg:
Nna, thank you. Go and put your household in order. Appreciate other people's progress so that good things can locate you. If the headline was actually abt drug or any crime,i would have known that its your brother. I knew it must be a Yoruba when i saw the headline or someone from my beloved state. Yes o o ... Go and die! You guys suck!

I like you cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University by solomon111(m): 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
SlyIg:
But you just said that you are not yoruba.
This goes to show the low level of 'class' that yoruba women are known for.
Shame on you.
PS:You definitely do not want to enter a competition with me on which ethnic group is more academically sound.
Maybe you should ask your fellow tribalistic superiors.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB UTME 2011 Cutoff Marks Of Nigerian Universities / UNIJOS Student Commits Suicide Over ASUU Strike / What You Need To Know If You Need Admission Into UNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.