Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster (21782 Views)

Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others / What Governor Amaechi Wore To A Campaign Rally Today / Four Kogi Farmers Commit Suicide Over Flood Disaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ibrokay(m): 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
@Risky
Let us try to avoid insults and be objective in our analysis. All our rulers are the same and we need to call them to order.
I don't know when private jets becomes asset to a state that is ravaged by flood with no meaningful development .
I was one of those singing his praises during his first term in office. Honestly,I was not happy when I saw the state of there roads last month.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
Shebi pesin go tell me say nigerian youths no dey read book and we lazy.another edioot go tell me say make I study hard to make it in life! Since I don dey study wetin come happen? Meanwhile the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.there is no middle class sef! GOD PUNISH POVERTY!!
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Areaboy2(m): 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
These Jets have a waiting time of at least 12 months as they are built only on orders. They don't have Jets lying about waiting to be bought like cars. NO!

So he probably ordered this over 12 months ago and is only getting delivery now. Wrong timing indeed that it was delivered when the state is in so much flood related problems.

Neither am I in support of Private Jets for govt officials. He can rope himself out of it and say it is state govt owned though, then i'll breathe easy.

Amaechi has done a lot already and is currently focusing all energy on greater phc. I believe this is the best way to go so when the bulk of ph population is pushed aside to the new location, meaningful construction of infrastructure can begin in the old place. All this to prevent a nightmare situation when residents have to deal with major construction projects resulting in miles and miles of daily traffic. Just my take on it

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by COMPAQ(m): 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
I agree that Amaechi has been almost invisible during this seci=ond term. Asides from the roads he dualised in Port Harcourt metropolis, most of the other feeder roads are in a shocking state.

Amaechi is really messing up this second term!!
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Rooneyboy(m): 1:33pm On Oct 26, 2012
otokx: Mr Ricky Ross, my area of Port Harcourt has not had any light since 4pm yesterday, not even a blink, the road in front of my house is a disaster to say the very least notwithstanding the last 2 days of intense sunshine, the rivers on the roads are practically intact. The greater Port Harcourt you talk of may turn out to be the very nemesis of AMAECHI, apart from the uncompleted stadium and uncompleted access roads there is not much to show for it. Which secondary and primary schools are you talking of? Oh yes he completed some schools, renovated them with micro basket ball courts but ever since they have been largely under lock and key. Did you stop to ask what or where the students of those schools would be now. Oh yes again he claims he wants to give them to Indians to run so until then the students should be at home shey.

A lot of Nigerians are ok with mediocrity and for them 15% would be a solid pass, that is why we are in the mess we are. Mr Ricky Ross did you hear of the people that died in the camps opened for flooded victims. They died of sickness that could have been prevented.

Did you say world class university? RSUST has been closed for a very long time - probably the longest for any university in Nigeria in the last 2 years till the point other universities have to go on sympathy strike to tell the world the evil going on there where AMAECHI is hell bent on imposing his own VC on the people. Which world class hospital are you talking about? The last i checked the best hospital still remains the federal owned University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital so which one are you referring to or is it the renovated dental clinic on Aba road?

My brother pls leave the mor.on,
His bias nature has turned him into a complete idi.at
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by playmode(m): 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2012
[size=20pt]ROFLMAO...........so what? You monkeys voted for him didn't you? Tomorrow you cretins will go out and vote for someone like him again once they give you guys N500 bribe. Africans can not rules themselves ,it has been proven in 40+ countries.I no longer feel pity for Africans or Nigerians,you voted so stop whining, enjoy your vote.

Maybe after another 100 years of pain and suffering ,you baboons will be smart enough to choose the right leaders.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2012
otokx: Mr Ricky Ross, my area of Port Harcourt has not had any light since 4pm yesterday, not even a blink, the road in front of my house is a disaster to say the very least notwithstanding the last 2 days of intense sunshine, the rivers on the roads are practically intact. The greater Port Harcourt you talk of may turn out to be the very nemesis of AMAECHI, apart from the uncompleted stadium and uncompleted access roads there is not much to show for it. Which secondary and primary schools are you talking of? Oh yes he completed some schools, renovated them with micro basket ball courts but ever since they have been largely under lock and key. Did you stop to ask what or where the students of those schools would be now. Oh yes again he claims he wants to give them to Indians to run so until then the students should be at home shey.

A lot of Nigerians are ok with mediocrity and for them 15% would be a solid pass, that is why we are in the mess we are. Mr Ricky Ross did you hear of the people that died in the camps opened for flooded victims. They died of sickness that could have been prevented.

Did you say world class university? RSUST has been closed for a very long time - probably the longest for any university in Nigeria in the last 2 years till the point other universities have to go on sympathy strike to tell the world the evil going on there where AMAECHI is hell bent on imposing his own VC on the people. Which world class hospital are you talking about? The last i checked the best hospital still remains the federal owned University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital so which one are you referring to or is it the renovated dental clinic on Aba road?

I am not here to argue, I am not talking about RSUST in Mile 4, I am talking about the new one under construction in Greater PHC.
Show us pic of any of the primary or secondary schools under lock/keys?
This is the website of Greater ph city where you will find all ongoing projects including the university and hospitals i was referring to: http://www.gphcity.com/projects/index.php?projectid=8

Again, I want you to tell me which governor in Nigeria that has built better primary/secondary schools than Amechi. All primary schools in Rivers state are fully air conditioned, standard labs, private computer per student, basketbal/volleyball court etc. There is no school under locks in rivers state, the best public primary/secondary schools in Nigeria are in rivers state.

Finally I once again will say Amechi is sleeping during this second term, but saying he hasn't tried is rubbish. If you center your judgement on flooding then someone like fashola has failed as well
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ifihearam: 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
IF A PASTOR BUYS AN AIRCRAFT NIGERIANS WILL COMPLAIN,IF A POLITICIAN BUYS,UNA GO STILL COMPLAIN,IF A BUSINESSMAN DOES THESAME YOU WILL STILL COMPLAIN!!!

HABA, MAKE UNA ALLOW US REST JARE
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Kslib(m): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
Wait oh!! So this man remove 50million naira into 150 places to buy jet just like that.. Wait oh,how im take dey fly before..
See as this people dey use money anyhow,when people need help..Inshort it is very obvious that the problem with Nigeria is not ordinary.. No wonder some people have resorted to spiritual help..
Like they say "MAY GOD HELP US"....
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by femliany(m): 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
Prodigal son
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by RickyRoss1(m): 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
Rooneyboy:

My brother pls leave the mor.on,
His bias nature has turned him into a complete idi.at

Ewu Congo, you are still angry that i took you to the gutters on a certain thread where you were talking rubbish about PSquare? Hahahaha, if e pain u so much, go hug a transformer. Like I have said many times already, Amaechi is sleeping this second term like the other governors, that doesn't mean he hasn't tried. Tell us your state of origin and lets see what your own governor has done Ewu Congo hahahaha
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by chichiman: 1:41pm On Oct 26, 2012
playmode: [size=20pt]ROFLMAO...........so what? You monkeys voted for him didn't you? Tomorrow you cretins will go out and vote for someone like him again once they give you guys N500 bribe. Africans can not rules themselves ,it has been proven in 40+ countries.I no longer feel pity for Africans or Nigerians,you voted so stop whining, enjoy your vote.

Maybe after another 100 years of pain and suffering ,you baboons will be smart enough to choose the right leaders.
[/size]

[size=18pt]THIS IS THE BITTER TRUTH[/size]
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Rooneyboy(m): 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
Movingcoil: sharaaaaaaap!!! Mr man, sip alomo and oga b*h, if u ar standing, sit down, if u ar siting down, lie down and if u ar lying down sleep and if u are sleeping die and if possible go to hell instead of talking rubbish

Well said brother, well said.

May ur days be long for this advice.
grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

I am not here to argue, I am not talking about RSUST in Mile 4, I am talking about the new one under construction in Greater PHC.
Show us pic of any of the primary or secondary schools under lock/keys?
This is the website of Greater ph city where you will find all ongoing projects including the university and hospitals i was referring to: http://www.gphcity.com/projects/index.php?projectid=8

Again, I want you to tell me which governor in Nigeria that has built better primary/secondary schools than Amechi. All primary schools in Rivers state are fully air conditioned, standard labs, private computer per student, basketbal/volleyball court etc. There is no school under locks in rivers state, the best public primary/secondary schools in Nigeria are in rivers state.

Finally I once again will say Amechi is sleeping during this second term, but saying he hasn't tried is rubbish. If you center your judgement on flooding then someone like fashola has failed as well

Amaechi wants to relocate the University from where it is now to the greater port harcourt area but the vast majority of rivers people do not see the merit of the relocation as the costs involved will be too much for a thousand generations. The pictures on the website are what they are pictures and not in fact any reality. The school he did in the Choba area is under lock and key and so many others, there is no point air conditioning a school when there is no light, football fields with tracks would have been better than those miniature volley and basket ball scams. There is a modal health center down the road where i stay but due to the bad road that is largely inaccessible very few if any person goes there from this axis. As i type its raining cats and dogs in PH so you can imagine the suffering that is going to befall us.

Let us be truthful, this is 2012, how many of those wonderful projects is AMAECHI going to complete before he leaves office? Even the ones he thought he has completed aka rumuokuta - choba road is already in a state of disrepair at many points. If you have direct access to AMAECHI please tell him to wake up and match his PR photo shoots with concrete actions - ditto for all other politicians.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by ibrokay(m): 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
Greater phc indeed! I learnt he is already selling the land to companies and some individuals after withdrawing the land from the owners
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Siga: 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
playmode: [size=20pt]ROFLMAO...........so what? You monkeys voted for him didn't you? Tomorrow you cretins will go out and vote for someone like him again once they give you guys N500 bribe. Africans can not rules themselves ,it has been proven in 40+ countries.I no longer feel pity for Africans or Nigerians,you voted so stop whining, enjoy your vote.

[/size]
....are there anymore right leaders in Naija....even if u decide to be a good leader....u must dance with the devils we have there now to get there...once u get there....dem no go gree u rest...no so so demands....I tell u my guy....even ur own family go talk say u dey craze if u no give them appointments and contracts...lol...the country is totally upside down....no one gives a damn about the poor...
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
ibrokay: ^^^ Corruption everywhere. He need one more to compete with the likes of Bishop Oyedepo. We need revolution in Nigeria. Enough is enough.

Political abi church revolution?
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Mpetempe(m): 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2012
King Solomon Called It Vanity Upon Vanity.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by tevinsolt: 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
Nigeria is filled with so many parasites and rodents, greed ravish the mind of people, they are selfless, useless, brainless, careless, merciless things that call themselves humans but are really animals, infact it is an insult to animals to call them animals shocked
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2012
Rooneyboy:

The state is in complete shambles my sister.

Prior to my visit, when ever I heard PH I used to think it was a very beautiful city, but on my arrival I was so disappointed.

Bad roads ,
Stayed there for about two weeks and saw light for about 45 minutes.

Really, I DEY SHAME FOR MY COUNTRY.

45minutes divided by (24hrs * 14 days). That one no reach 1% power supply density.

Ridiculously unbelieveable, i would say.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by franchizy(m): 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2012
Gov Amaechi is the best Governor in Nigeria, he brough happiness and pride to the people of Rivers state. The only Gov in Nigeria who is honest, sincere and God fearing and who does not loot the states funds. See the good roads and drainage network round the state. He deserves no query if he bought a jet. I'm proudly Ikwerre Man
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Siga: 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2012
tevinsolt: Nigeria is filled with so many parasites and rodents, greed ravish the mind of people, they are selfless, useless, brainless, careless, merciless things that call themselves humans but are really animals, infact it is an insult to animals to call them animals shocked
...it is a proven fact so far that even dogs, cats and baboon sef care pass Nigerian leaders...

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by kpozite(m): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2012
I wish boko haram will visit the Bombardier cry
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Rooneyboy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2012
ifihearam: IF A PASTOR BUYS AN AIRCRAFT NIGERIANS WILL COMPLAIN,IF A POLITICIAN BUYS,UNA GO STILL COMPLAIN,IF A BUSINESSMAN DOES THESAME YOU WILL STILL COMPLAIN!!!

HABA, MAKE UNA ALLOW US REST JARE

Who's talking ?

All some people in this world know hw to do best is to fantasize.
Oh boi wake up from ur slumber and go and make money.

Posterity and ur children wouldn't forgive u.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1084968/ASUU-threatens-another-strike-rivers#12703684

ASUU national wants to strike again because of the crisis in the rivers state university which is remotely linked to AMAECHI.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
Whats wrong with a State Government owning a private jet if I may ask ?
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross: I am not supporting the extravagant lifestyle of our governors, but the way some fools are trash talking Rivers State is alarming. Can you all mention the names of your respective states so we can compare with Rivers State? Outside of Lagos State, which other Nigerian city is as developed as Port Harcourt? Someone said he spent 2 weeks in Rivers state and enjoyed only few hours of electricity? Which village is that? Thats what you get when you live in the ghetto... My own part of PHC i have standard road networks and we enjoy minimum 18 hours of power daily, sometimes the electricity lasts 3 days non stop...

I live in PHC, but someone comes from outside the state, spends 2 weeks in Port Harcourt and automatically he now knows PHC more than everyone else.

I must admit, Amaechi did wonders during his first term, and he is very slow now, but he is far ahead of most of your state governors hands down. What Amaechi achieved in the educational sector no other state governor can achieve in 8 years. Primary and secondary schools in River state are far more advanced and more equipped than many of your state universities, this is no joke. All over Rivers state, he built state of the art health centers.

If you are wondering what Amaechi is doing now, then take a trip to the GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY. Thats where I built my house and that's where all the mega projects are going on. The World class hospital, world class roads, the best stadium in Nigeria, the Rivers state university of science and technology etc are at advanced stages of construction. There are too numerous projects in the GPHC to mention here. You either pay a visit to confirm, or you Google it.

Rivers state does not need this private jet, I am not from Rivers, I am not singing anyone praises, but I say things the way they are. From the way people are talking shiit here a stranger will assume PHC is a kinda shit hole. They should start by telling us what their own state governors have done better than Amechi. Akpabio should build the kind of world class schools in rivers bc that is what the poor masses need, not some Tropicana resorts and 5 star hotels that are for the rich only.

Total Rubbish from a Self Centered half human being.

I think ALUU is in river state and are striking with poverty to the extent of been callous to outsider.

Don't aluu villagers deserve a better life like you?
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2012
same ol' same ol'..... The prime minister of the UK does not even have a jet for official use. Soon our local government chairmen sef go dey buy jet like its running out of fashion.
The same government that won't provide good health facilities, jobs, infrastructures, pipeborne water, good roads e.t.c What a shame....
When sh*t hits the fan, nobody would be safe...even the elites in their big mansions with heavy security.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Born2beRich1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ricky_Ross: I am not supporting the extravagant lifestyle of our governors, but the way some fools are trash talking Rivers State is alarming. Can you all mention the names of your respective states so we can compare with Rivers State? Outside of Lagos State, which other Nigerian city is as developed as Port Harcourt? Someone said he spent 2 weeks in Rivers state and enjoyed only few hours of electricity? Which village is that? Thats what you get when you live in the ghetto... My own part of PHC i have standard road networks and we enjoy minimum 18 hours of power daily, sometimes the electricity lasts 3 days non stop...

I live in PHC, but someone comes from outside the state, spends 2 weeks in Port Harcourt and automatically he now knows PHC more than everyone else.

I must admit, Amaechi did wonders during his first term, and he is very slow now, but he is far ahead of most of your state governors hands down. What Amaechi achieved in the educational sector no other state governor can achieve in 8 years. Primary and secondary schools in River state are far more advanced and more equipped than many of your state universities, this is no joke. All over Rivers state, he built state of the art health centers.

If you are wondering what Amaechi is doing now, then take a trip to the GREATER PORT HARCOURT CITY. Thats where I built my house and that's where all the mega projects are going on. The World class hospital, world class roads, the best stadium in Nigeria, the Rivers state university of science and technology etc are at advanced stages of construction. There are too numerous projects in the GPHC to mention here. You either pay a visit to confirm, or you Google it.

Rivers state does not need this private jet, I am not from Rivers, I am not singing anyone praises, but I say things the way they are. From the way people are talking shiit here a stranger will assume PHC is a kinda shit hole. They should start by telling us what their own state governors have done better than Amechi. Akpabio should build the kind of world class schools in rivers bc that is what the poor masses need, not some Tropicana resorts and 5 star hotels that are for the rich only.

From your statement i can now say that we Nigerians love suffering and smiling...Infact apart from port harcourt, where in river state can you boldly come out and say is developed? People are now thinking that portharcourt is the only place in River state.. with all the whole money being generated from the state especially via crude oil, instead of developing the various local government areas we just concentrate on only portharcourt(which is still underdeveloed)...If other areas in the state experienced positive changes, i dont think there will be backwardness in most areas of the state..e.g ALUU...These governors just think of only themselves and that is how God will pluck them out one after the other...The child wer say im mama no go sleep, he himself too no go sleep...

cool
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by MIB1(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
Niggas listen i see nuffin wrong with a state giv. Owning a private jet, besides the jet was not bought now cos the state gov. Must ve placed the order for this jet 6-12mnths ago or do you guys fink u just buy a jet as if u r buying a car.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by otokx(m): 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
The federal government should do something about all this private jets by increasing taxes on them and also ensuring they pay very high landing/parking fees even higher that what commercial planes like Aero and Arik pay.
Re: Governor Amaechi Buys $50 Million Bombardier Jet, Amid State’s Flood Disaster by Rooneyboy(m): 1:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
okpara ugo:

45minutes divided by (24hrs * 14 days). That one no reach 1% power supply density.

Ridiculously unbelieveable, i would say.

u think it unbelievable ?

U really should visit the state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today / Ali Redeploys 69 Comptrollers Of Customs / Reps Invite Jonathan Over Malabu Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.