Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG (11119 Views)

Boko Haram Destroys Nigerian Military Base; 107 Troops MIA - Dailymail UK / El-rufai Donates 107 Patrol Vehicles, Security Gadgets To Kaduna Police. Photos / Boko Haram Kills 107 In Zamfara, Potiskum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Sorry! What language is this ?
cant u make use of ur dead brain. It was a mistake. Harrass is what is missing in the text.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2012
geeez:

I wonder how some people reason. So because vehicle accidents, robberies or infant mortality kill more people, we should encourage deaths on okadas because its not the biggest killer of Lagosians? How sad that life has no value in these climes

You are too slow. Of course, life is of no value in NIGERIA .
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 11:24am On Oct 26, 2012
oluface: cant u make use of ur dead brain. It was a mistake. Harrass is what is missing in the text.

Need I say more? Still don't get it. Whose brain is dead? Yours or mine? Proved my point really. I expect you to confuse me even further and tell me you have a Phd in English ! You are experts at insults but amateurs at simple reasoning .
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 26, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Sorry! What language is this ?
and if i made a mistake in writting in english... Its a normal thing because english is not my mother language ode.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by greall1: 11:36am On Oct 26, 2012
2015 around the corner,we need changing of power.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 26, 2012
iwanchop:
Mr Intelligent,so u c nothing wrong in okadas plying major highways and getting people killed or injured?Hav u lost any loved one in a motorbike accident?I pray u dnt.

Mr. Unintelligent, what makes Okada accidents so special and different from automobile, aircraft, and pedestrian accidents? Or is it more painful to you when someone dies from an Okada accident than when one dies from a car accident or plane crash? If so, may your wishes come true - may your loved ones not die from Okada accidents maybe only by other 'prestigious' means.

The point remains that nobody has made any sensible argument about why it is justifiable to single out only Okadas for blame in terms of accidents and other risks associated with technological means of transportation. This reeks of hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by geeez: 11:44am On Oct 26, 2012
SELFWORTH:

You are too slow. Of course, life is of no value in NIGERIA .

And what is this supposed to mean? Are you high on something?
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by kkkossy(m): 11:47am On Oct 26, 2012
Dana airline took more than hundred lives in a day, all those crazy truck driver carrying flammable liquid as well. Pls they shud focus on those areas. Lagos is vry populated, they shouldn't compare her with other states.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by geeez: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2012
kkkossy: Dana airline took more than hundred lives in a day, all those crazy truck driver carrying flammable liquid as well. Pls they shud focus on those areas. Lagos is vry populated, they shouldn't compare her with other states.

I wonder how some people reason. So because a plane crash killed more people, we should encourage deaths on okadas because it wasn't the biggest killer in Lagos in 2012? What about those that died before now and those that possibly still would in bike accidents? Maybe even someone close to you. I saw the picture of a good looking and promising young man on my friend's blackberry avatar some weeks ago with a display message RIP and when I asked what killed him, my friend said he died in a bike accident on a highway. If the restriction was a month earlier, he probably would have been alive now
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 26, 2012
geeez:

I wonder how some people reason. So because vehicle accidents, robberies or infant mortality kill more people, we should encourage deaths on okadas because its not the biggest killer of Lagosians? How sad that life has no value in these climes.

Do you reason in black and white? You need more colour 'upstairs'. If vehicle accidents kill more people - as you have rightly acknowledged - why is it more of a priority to discourage "deaths on Okadas", while also encouraging deaths "on" vehicles? Having said that, since Okadas kill people and should therefore be discouraged, why should vehicles be encouraged - even though they also kill many more people than Okadas? Where is the sense in this logic?

I saw the picture of a good looking and promising young man on my friend's blackberry avatar some weeks ago with a display message RIP and when I asked what killed him, my friend said he died in a bike accident on a highway. If the restriction was a month earlier, he probably would have been alive now

I saw the picture of the extremely beautiful Cynthia Akusogwu a few months ago, she was ensnared and killed through Facebook and Blackberry messenger. If Facebook and Blackberries had been restricted/banned, she probably would be alive now.

I also have a former school mate who died in a fatal accident when the bus he was travelling in collided head-on with a trailer. He would definitely be alive now if buses and trailers had been restricted or banned.

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 26, 2012
geeez:

I wonder how some people reason. So because a plane crash killed more people, we should encourage deaths on okadas because it wasn't the biggest killer in Lagos in 2012? What about those that died before now and those that possibly still would in bike accidents? Maybe even someone close to you. I saw the picture of a good looking and promising young man on my friend's blackberry avatar some weeks ago with a display message RIP and when I asked what killed him, my friend said he died in a bike accident on a highway. If the restriction was a month earlier, he probably would have been alive now
AHHH O MA SE O.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by olaolaking: 11:56am On Oct 26, 2012
persistenc: Mtcheww and dana air wiped out hw many in day ? Silly excuse to deprive of their livelyhood Expect increase in of forms of robbery even in broad daylight.Fingers crossed
You are myopia!. You can see more than today
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by geeez: 11:56am On Oct 26, 2012
pro01:

Do you reason in black and white? You need more colour 'upstairs'. If vehicle accidents kill more people - as you have rightly acknowledged - why is it more of a priority to discourage "deaths on Okadas", while also encouraging deaths "on" vehicles? Having said that, since Okadas killm and should therefore be discouraged, why should vehicles be encouraged - even though they also kill many more people than Okadas? Where is the sense in this logic?

I saw the picture of the extremely beautiful Cynthia Akusogwu a few months ago, she was ensnared and killed through Facebook and Blackberry messenger. If Facebook and Blackberries had been restricted/banned, she probably would be alive now.

I also have a former school mate who died in a fatal accident when the bus he was travelling in collided head-on with a trailer. He would definitely be alive now if buses and trailers had been restricted or banned.

I seriously don't engage in dull arguments because what you posted doesn't make sense to me in any way. A government wil strive to reduce mortality in any way it can. Don't people die in road accidents in the US and Europe? In the US alone, 93 people die each day in road accidents on the average. And you believe in your right senses that a taxicycle should be racing on a 100kph highway alongside cars?

As regards the Facebook, thingy, I will choose to ignore that because its one of the silliest things I've read. Those guys don't need Facebook or any social media platform to have done what they did.

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by dammytosh: 11:59am On Oct 26, 2012
oluface: and if i made a mistake in writting in english... Its a normal thing because english is not my mother language ode.

It is not a normal thing and English is not your Mother language it is your Father Language . Idiot.

No wonder you reason the way you do and see Okada business as fast money.

See what fate has done to some people. Some Okada riders can actually construct and speak better English than you.

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
geeez:

I seriously don't engage in dull arguments because what you posted doesn't make sense to me in any way. A government wil strive to reduce mortality in any way it can. Don't people die in road accidents in the US and Europe? And you believe in your right senses that a taxicycle should be racing on a 100kph highway alongside cars?
my brother all this arguement no go reach ur area coucellor talkless of fashola. E don happen e don happen. nothing wey we go fit do.

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2012
geeez:

I seriously don't engage in dull arguments because what you posted doesn't make sense to me in any way. A government wil strive to reduce mortality in any way it can. Don't people die in road accidents in the US and Europe? In the US alone, 93 people die each day in road accidents on the average. And you believe in your right senses that a taxicycle should be racing on a 100kph highway alongside cars?

Mr. Man, it takes sense to recognise sense, so I don't expect much from someone like you. "A government would strive to reduce mortality in any way it can" - by ignoring the biggest sources of mortality (vehicle accidents, poor roads, etc) and inflicting pain on the poor masses?

If you have run out of shallow, untenable arguments, get off the fucking thread and go and sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2012
pro01:

Mr. Man, it takes sense to recognise sense, so I don't expect much from someone like you. "A government would strive to reduce mortality in any way it can" - by ignoring the biggest sources of mortality (vehicle accidents, poor roads, etc) and inflicting pain on the poor masses?

If you have run out of shallow, untenable arguments, get off the fucking thread and go and sleep.
chairman issokay issokay. lifam now. e don do abeg
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by kkkossy(m): 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
geeez:

Ur the one that lacks basic reasoning!! So it's because u lost a frnd in a bike accident u nw think dats a good reason why it should be banned? I have lost frnds who have died in car crash and plane crash, do u think that's a good reason to ban plane and cars in lagos? Face the facts,n statistically specking car accident is more prominent.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by geeez: 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
pro01:

You sure didnt read my post. Over 93 people die in the US in road accidents on the average each day. Once again I put it to you and I need an answer. In your right senses, do you that a taxicycle should be racing on a 100kph highway alongside cars?

You don't need sleep but an overdose of IQ. Where on earth do people like these drop from sef?

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by olaolaking: 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Why don't you ask LASG to provide you with the accurate number since you have more confidence in their numbers? I actually believe that my numbers are on the low side, don't be surprised if the authorities give you a higher number.
You are so negative! I HATE YOU
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Topeedo: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
AS FOR D CASE OF INCREASE IN ROBBERIES, NOW DAT THE GOVERMENT WANTS TO STOP OKADA, WONT THE RIDERS GO INTO THE ROBBERIES THE GOVERNMENT CLAIMS TO AVOID BY THIS MEASURE?
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by olaolaking: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
Super1759: give a rat a name and hang it, that is what our gov is good at. Obviously crime rate will be at increase geometrically
Then you can join them or advice your okada brother to engage in crime. Both of you will be caught in no time

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Aderostock(m): 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
kkkossy:

Ur the one that lacks basic reasoning!! So it's because u lost a frnd in a bike accident u nw think dats a good reason why it should be banned? I have lost frnds who have died in car crash and plane crash, do u think that's a good reason to ban plane and cars in lagos? Face the facts,n statistically specking car accident is more prominent.
Unfortunately, some people went to school just to learn English only. No intellectual which makes them not to reason beyond these craps.
Have u read the Traffic laws? I guess no. Since other vehicles also involve in accidents, they should equally be banned? There is why we have Traffic laws to reduce accidents on other Vehicles suchas cars, bus, trucks and trucks. Think before u type trash
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by olaolaking: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2012
Topeedo: AS FOR D CASE OF INCREASE IN ROBBERIES, NOW DAT THE GOVERMENT WANTS TO STOP OKADA, WONT THE RIDERS GO INTO THE ROBBERIES THE GOVERNMENT CLAIMS TO AVOID BY THIS MEASURE?
If they go into robberies, you will be the first to be robbed. Their attempt on mw will fail and they will be caught. They will call you as their lawyer and all what you will say to defend them will be "because they were stop from riding okada in expressway that is the reason why they rob. The judge will now say yes you have a good point. you are discharge and acquited. IDIOT
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by kkkossy(m): 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
Aderostock:
Unfortunately, some people went to school just to learn English only. No intellectual which makes them not to reason beyond these craps.
Have u read the Traffic laws? I guess no. Since other vehicles also involve in accidents, they should equally be banned? There is why we have Traffic laws to reduce accidents on other Vehicles suchas cars, bus, trucks and trucks. Think before u type trash

U think the best way to win an argument is to insult people, it shows how shallow minded u are. Read my comment again! Did I ever say I encourage the ban of cars as well, I was only being hypothetical. U sure don't understand english. Consider urself ignored.

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Burch(m): 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
scopusng:

Shut up my friend,what lively hood.It could be your turn.I guess if you have had a relation that had died from bike accident I know you won't be naive to talk about lively hood.Go to Abuja,Portharcourt also Akwa Ibom bike are banned and nothing happened. Una see Fashola finish.

Stop being stupid. If ur family member dies in a plane crash, will u advice d govt to ban air travel bizness?
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by GARRIx7(m): 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
Lagos cannot become a World-Class City without some painful sacrifices...

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
oluface: and if i made a mistake in writting in english... Its a normal thing because english is not my mother language ode.

It's not the making of the mistake . It's the lack of humility in admitting so in the first place . Instead of correcting the post , you responded with insults. Anyway , check out your spelling in the above. The grammar is dodgy too. The lesson here is don't let your brain runaway before you think. lipsrsealed
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by steffans(m): 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
I Wonder why all of una dey Complain....its jst 4 dis momemt dat d Hardship will bite hard..but in a very Short wyl ppl will Acclamatize with d situation..

It has Worked in So many states..even Jos dat d Road netwrks are bad....are used to d Situation....

Rather than Running ur mouths...
Gather money and buy keke Napeps and flood d Streets with it..see hw much dat will fetch u weekly...

Lots of ppl in abj are Thanking God 4 El-Rufai...
Lots of ppl culdnt drive bcuz of hw reckless dis Bike men are..but we can sEe Women today..who neva thot of driving.. Are driving today..

We need 2 look at d bright side!!!!
Cheers!
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Remii(m): 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
Fasola should also tell us how many people have Ben killed directly and indirectly because of govt insensitivity. Okada riding is out of predicament, govt should provide alternatives not just decrees even in civilian government.

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Remii(m): 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
grin
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by olaolaking: 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
greall1: 2015 around the corner,we need changing of power.
Ok Put the person you know you will be able to control. Mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bayelsa’s Richest Politician Efcc Cannot Arrest! / A Secret For Igbo On Nairaland - Why I'm Not Happy With My Igbo People Here! / Our Monarch Abductors Killed Four, Burnt 50 Houses – Anambra Youth Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.