Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,734 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. (4691 Views)

The Absurdity Of Atheism / The Absurdity Of The Bible And Biblical Beliefs / Rick Warren's "miracle" Shows The Absurdity Of Religious Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Heathen(m): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2012
Horus:

Ley us analyse your answers below:

So your "god" or God came down from heaven.

From Heaven = (Point A)

To Earth = (Point B)

A "god" that is suposed to be Omnipresent is suposed to be in Heaven = (Point A) and on Earth = (Point B) at the same time and at all times, and permanantly. He didnt have to "came down" if he was already everywhere and omnipresent.

Here you just demonstrated by your answer that your "god" or God is NOT Omnipresent

Why do your "god" or God have to travel from a point A (Heaven) to a point B (Earth) if he is Omnipresent?

Please can you answer this question?

How can they hide from God if he is Omnipresent?

And why did God have to ask "Where are you?"

If he is Omnipresent he should know where Adam is and he should not have to rely on a mortal to have an answer.

By your answers you just gave us proofs of the absurdity of God Omnipresence. You have "confessed" that your "god" is NOT Omnipresent
OWNAGE!!!
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by truthislight: 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

It is your own God that is a fool. He said that the moon is a light.

<< Genesis 1:16 >>

New International Version (©1984)
God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

are you still deceiving your self here because you are ignorant of what reflective light is?
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2012
truthislight:

are you still deceiving your self here because you are ignorant of reflective light is?

When did a mirror or reflector become a light?

FAIL
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by pastormustwacc: 8:40pm On Oct 27, 2012
truthislight:

are you still deceiving your self here because you are ignorant of reflective light is?

You are quiet correct.

Logicboy03:

When did a mirror or reflector become a light?

FAIL
Wanna bet? I think you are losing focus (due to some internal battles you are going through).
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2012
pastormustwacc:

You are quiet correct.

Wanna bet? I think you are losing focus (due to some internal battles you are going through).

Reflector or reflection is not a light. The moon is not a light. The moon only reflects light. It would be like saying a mirror is a light!

How foolish can people be just to defend their god?
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2012
advocate666: Many theists believe in the omnipresence of god. They sing it in their songs. It is the reason why they pray anywhere because they believe god hears and sees them wherever they are.

But this omnipresence of god is not without problem for the minds of the godly because it implies that god is also in places where they will rather he not be. Consider this: God is in hell.

This assertion posed a lot of problems to early christians but they eventually admitted that it was true.

Here is Martin Luther discussing this with his friends.
http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/djw/lutherantheology.godinhell.html

Well, theists, consider my own input in this. The omnipresence of god implies thus that god is

in my sewer
in my urine
in ashawo's menstrual pad

when, the okada man is inside the prostitute, there is god, right between the friction of their privates.
god is wholly and in essence inside the vomit of the drunkard
the exploding bomb of boko haram contains god

god is on my keyboard while i'm typing this
he is in me, in my veins and in my brains.

he is in the devil and is part and parcel of his three tongued fork
he was in hitler and was in the furnace that burned those jews.

he is in my spperm and when i go to the toilet in the morning, there he is.
are you smoking ganja? you are smoking god.

have you ever seen two dogs locked together in their sexual act, god is inside.
etc etc.

If you deny any of these statements, then you are denying god's omnipresence.

So the next time you see dog poo on the side of the road, please bow down in submission to his holy presence.
I'll play devil's (abi na God) advocate.
Yes, indeed God is present in all these things... it's based on your perspective...

Take dog poo for instance, disgusting to you,edifies the soil...
dogs 4king? God doesn't frown on sexual acts between animals. again your perspective

GOD is.

ROMANS 11:36 For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by pastormustwacc: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Reflector or reflection is not a light. The moon is not a light. The moon only reflects light. It would be like saying a mirror is a light!

Wrong, i can never and will never defend God. Not now or ever. God does not need us to defend Him. At least not the all-powerful baba that i serve.
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Wrong, i can never and will never defend God. Not now or ever. God does not need us to defend Him. At least not the all-powerful baba that i serve.

You do not need to defend God, but you're called to defend your faith

1 peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by pastormustwacc: 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2012
musKeeto:

You do not need to defend God, but you're called to defend your faith

There is an spiritual war at the moment (with the greatest enemies of mankind) that is taking most of my energy. You guys are not the bad guys in this war - in fact i do not have a case with you guys.

*Unsubscribes, and leaves the thread with a smile*
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by cyrexx: 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2012
pastormustwacc:
There is an spiritual war at the moment (with the greatest enemies of mankind) that is taking most of my energy. You guys are not the bad guys in this war - in fact i do not have a case with you guys.

*Unsubscribes, and leaves the thread with a smile*

hmmm. Interesting. Spiritual war. Good personified as God/Yahweh has been fighting evil personified as Devil for the past 6 thousand years and he has not won. Infact evil has been winning as the devil has more souls won to him than the the number of souls of christians won by the All-powerful Yahweh.
So much for the omnipotent God who cannot win more souls than the devil can.

1 Like

Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by mrmayor(m): 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2012
advocate666: Many theists believe in the omnipresence of god. They sing it in their songs. It is the reason why they pray anywhere because they believe god hears and sees them wherever they are.

But this omnipresence of god is not without problem for the minds of the godly because it implies that god is also in places where they will rather he not be. Consider this: God is in hell.

This assertion posed a lot of problems to early christians but they eventually admitted that it was true.

Well, theists, consider my own input in this. The omnipresence of god implies thus that god is

in my sewer
in my urine
[size=13pt]in ashawo's menstrual pad
[/size]

when, the okada man is inside the prostitute, there is god, right between the friction of their privates.

etc etc.

So the next time you see dog poo on the side of the road, please bow down in submission to his holy presence.

I don laff die @bolded grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by pastormustwacc: 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2012
*Peeps into the thread* Nah, you have no idea of who is winning - it is beyond your comprehension. But notice i used the word "enemies" - that was not a slip of tongue. I am not even talking about the devil here funny enough. Leaves the thread in a hurry, pauses, rolls eyes and said: (Lord God, these people will never get it, yet, they see the greatest enemies of all mankind in the physical realm, celebrate them - but fail to identify them as such).

*Unsubscribes again and runs out of the thread*
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by McStoic(m): 8:25am On Oct 28, 2012

in my sewer
in my urine
in ashawo's menstrual pad

etc etc.

666 man or whatever your nomenclature is, am not trying to join issues with you because i perceive you are anti God and its hardly healthy explainging these things to a mind like yours. At best, its a waste of time which stokes strife and modulates the pleasure your ilk derive from such. All the same am only trying to plug the doubt you seek to establish in the mind of the innocent young ones. For starters, if anyone can successfully and adequately make out the composition of air, its movement, location at given points in time and origin etc. then, he or she may now start the long, beyond-una-intelligence thought of justapoxing God with common sense and feeble self deprecation.......To cut a long story short, God made the air we breathe. And air is virtually anywhere you can think of. Now, by the virtue of a simple logic, the created(Air) is an evident and a picture of the creator(God). Hence, if air can possibly be everywhere, then why cann't God. If the devil claims omnipresence albeit falsely, then how about God Himself who created all these things. All the places you said God exist are true and are

1 Like

Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by truthislight: 11:02am On Oct 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

your car head lamp is not a light/lamp bemuse it is only reflecting light from the source.

Kid !
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 28, 2012
truthislight:

your car head lamp is not a light/lamp bemuse it is only reflecting light from the source.

Kid !

Head lamp has a bulb. A bulb is a light.

Not all head lamps have reflectors.

Reflectors are not light, they reflect light.

The moon is not a light
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by advocate666: 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2012
Mc Stoic: 666 man or whatever your nomenclature is, ... All the places you said God exist are true and are

Many thanks. Please tell your fellow theists. Ashawo's AIDS filled diarrhea is full of your god. Worship and praise.

1 Like

Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by taniboo: 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
Niflheim: jesus said ,'my god my god why hast thou forsaken me?'..............................because god was busy watching the match between angola and burkina faso(nations cup qualifier)!!!

No Nifiheim.God was not watching any match. God cannot look upon sin neither can he look on iniquity because He is pure. Habakkuk 1:13 says "Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil,and canst not look on iniquity"

When Jesus was nailed on the cross,He was carrying all the sin of humanity, he was carrying all the iniquities of men, all the wicked of the human race, He carried all of these upon Him. God had to remove His face from His only begotten son at that point because behold, God cannot look upon sin and wickedness and so Jesus cried out "My God,My God why has thou forsaken me in Matthew 27:46

I hope this sheds more light on why Jesus said those words.

1 Like

Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by taniboo: 7:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
Niflheim: jesus said ,'my god my god why hast thou forsaken me?'..............................because god was busy watching the match between angola and burkina faso(nations cup qualifier)!!!
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by advocate666: 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2012
taniboo:

No Nifiheim.God was not watching any match. God cannot look upon sin neither can he look on iniquity because He is pure. Habakkuk 1:13 says "Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil,and canst not look on iniquity"

When Jesus was nailed on the cross,He was carrying all the sin of humanity, he was carrying all the iniquities of men, all the wicked of the human race, He carried all of these upon Him. God had to remove His face from His only begotten son at that point because behold, God cannot look upon sin and wickedness and so Jesus cried out "My God,My God why has thou forsaken me in Matthew 27:46

I hope this sheds more light on why Jesus said those words.

so your own god is not omnipresent then? Rather a coward who sent his son to be tortured and murdered because he made mistakes in his factory, but cannot even look at the suffering he is allowing his son to endure.

1 Like

Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by ogoamaka99(m): 4:59am On Oct 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

It is your own God that is a fool. He said that the moon is a light.

<< Genesis 1:16 >>

New International Version (©1984)
God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.
@ logicboy,
it seems you have problem with your reasoning that you can't know the difference between day and night?. I perceive that you do greet people "GOOD MORNING" when moon is shinning?

1 Like

Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by truthislight: 8:58am On Oct 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

Head lamp has a bulb. A bulb is a light.

Not all head lamps have reflectors.

Reflectors are not light, they reflect light.

The moon is not a light

sorry boy.
You made no sense in that.

The moon reflect the light from the sun to the earth when the sun is facing other parts of planet earth.

So, the reflected light from the sun illuminaty other part of the earth that the sun is not reaching at night without heat.

If we have two source of light like the sun with their "heat", one day and one night or if the sun's light/heat was not periodical the life on planet earth will die off due to excess heat.

If the light at night when the planet is having a break from the heat of the sun was hot the result will be the same, life will die off due to excess heat and planet earth will be a wilderness like the other planets that are either too close to the sun or too far away.

The moon with the perfect reflective surfaces at the right angle reflects the light from the sun to the earth without "HEAT" at night.

Like an head lamp, the:

bulb, light source = sun

reflectors of light = moon.
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2012
ogoamaka99:
@ logicboy,
it seems you have problem with your reasoning that you can't know the difference between day and night?. I perceive that you do greet people "GOOD MORNING" when moon is shinning?

I notice that you never argued that the moon is a light?

Your bible calims that there are two lights when there is only one!
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 29, 2012
truthislight:

sorry boy.
You made no sense in that.

The moon reflect the light from the sun to the earth when the sun is facing other parts of planet earth.

So, the reflected light from the sun illuminaty other part of the earth that the sun is not reaching at night without heat.

If we have two source of light like the sun with their "heat", one day and one night or if the sun's light/heat was not periodical the life on planet earth will die off due to excess heat.

If the light at night when the planet is having a break from the heat of the sun was hot the result will be the same, life will die off due to excess heat and planet earth will be a wilderness like the other planets that are either too close to the sun or too far away.

The moon with the perfect reflective surfaces at the right angle reflects the light from the sun to the earth without "HEAT" at night.

Like an head lamp, the:

bulb, light source = sun

reflectors of light = moon.

You copied this argument(headlamp analogy) from an apologist website. The problem is that you cant see the flaw in your copy and paste.

Lets take the headlamp analogy. The headlamp is still one light, even with the reflector and not two. It gives off a light called the headlight.

Your God claims that there are two lights.

Secondly a reflector can not be a ligh even your analogy accepts that.

You fail
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by truthislight: 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
Logicboy03:

You copied this argument(headlamp analogy) from an apologist website. The problem is that you cant see the flaw in your copy and paste.

Lets take the headlamp analogy. The headlamp is still one light, even with the reflector and not two. It gives off a light called the headlight.

Your God claims that there are two lights.

Secondly a reflector can not be a ligh even your analogy accepts that.

You fail

*sigh*

west of time.

Try science/engineering in your next degree if possible.
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
truthislight:

*sigh*

west of time.

Try science/engineering in your next degree if possible.

grin grin grin grin

You were painfully debunked? eh?
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Todaynatoday: 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
hmmmn, people still trying logic to the things of GOD.
Listen to me, so-called "atheists" open your heart to GOD and believe in Him and you will gain understanding of the scriptures.
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
Todaynatoday: hmmmn, people still trying logic to the things of GOD.
Listen to me, so-called "atheists" open your heart to GOD and believe in Him and you will gain understanding of the scriptures.

lolololol....so you agree that your god is illogical
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Todaynatoday: 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

lolololol....so you agree that your god is illogical
Well, you have chosen not to believe in Yahweh so anything I say will not change your mind but I pray that Yahweh will reveal Himself to you and you will have a change of heart.
Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
Todaynatoday: Well, you have chosen not to believe in Yahweh so anything I say will not change your mind but I pray that Yahweh will reveal Himself to you and you will have a change of heart.
Stay blessed.

So Yaweh is not smart enough to reveal himself to everyone in the world?
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Todaynatoday: 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

So Yaweh is not smart enough to reveal himself to everyone in the world?
How will He reveal himself to you if you don't make an attempt to know him?
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
Todaynatoday: How will He reveal himself to you if you don't make an attempt to know him?

Oh but he chose to reveal himself to Saul who killed christians and who wasnt looking for him?
Re: The Absurdity Of God's Omnipresence. by Todaynatoday: 10:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

Oh but he chose to reveal himself to Saul who killed christians and who wasnt looking for him?
Saul believed in the existence of God but he refused to believe that Jesus was the Son of The Most High hence the persecution of his followers. He actually thought he was doing the will of God but alas! He was mistaken. Saul felt he was serving God by persecuting Christians but he was wrong. His case is different.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! / Catholic Woman Becomes Atheist: "Letting Go Of God" / Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.