Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,885 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:31 AM

Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) (24579 Views)

Nigerian Dragons Den Help / Uba & The Dragons Den Tussle. / Dragons Den Nigeria: A Timely & Worthy Gesture! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by IleIfe2(m): 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
advocate666: We are not talking of anybody's daughter here.

This is Chief MKO Abiola himself. The Bill Gates of yorubaland.
ITT Vice President, Africa and Middle-East
Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD
Founder of Abiola Farms, Abiola bookshops, Radio Communications Nigeria, Wonder bakeries, Concord Press, Concord Airlines, Summit oil international ltd, Africa Ocean lines, Habib Bank, Decca W.A. ltd, and Abiola football club.
Chairman of the G15 business council, President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Patron of the Kwame Nkrumah Foundation, Patron of the WEB Du Bois foundation, trustee of the Martin Luther King foundation and director of the International Press Institute.
Conferred with 197 traditional titles by 68 different communities in Nigeria
His financial assistance resulted in the construction of 63 secondary schools, 121 mosques and churches, 41 libraries, 21 water projects in 24 states of Nigeria

The Aare Ona Kakanfo of yorubaland.

What happenned to all the family money? Yoruba PEOPLE!

His daughter is begging for £50000 in UK.
Half a day fasting by GEJ will pay double that amount. So put it in perspective. Not that big an amount. Won't even buy a good 4x4.

The business is financially stable. You dummy, Did you even watch the video? She is there for inputs money can't buy.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Studio56: 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
What a superb pitch. Go girl. Your pitch will inspire other young people. Well done!

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by dnawah(m): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2012

Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD
Founder of Abiola Farms, Abiola bookshops, Radio Communications Nigeria, Wonder bakeries, Concord Press, Concord Airlines, Summit oil international ltd, Africa Ocean lines, Habib Bank, Decca W.A. ltd, and Abiola football club.
Chairman of the G15 business council, President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Patron of the Kwame Nkrumah Foundation, Patron of the WEB Du Bois foundation, trustee of the Martin Luther King foundation and director of the International Press Institute.
His financial assistance resulted in the construction of 63 secondary schools, 121 mosques and churches, 41 libraries, 21 water projects in 24 states of Nigeria

Half a day fasting by GEJ will pay double that amount. So put it in perspective. Not that big an amount. Won't even buy a good 4x4.
there are a lot of people who want to make it on they own,not minding where they come from ok.go!girl abi na lady?well which ever as far as u don use yourself.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by ocheejemb: 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2012
50calibre: I actually watched her pitch when it was aired on BBC, I couldn't believe it. MKO who was stinkinly wealthy, well such is life

Great Ideas are a dime a dozen, if you do not have the funds or the technical manpower to execute them, then your great idea does not count for shit. Without her family's funds (bear in mind MKO had several children, only God knows how much eventually filtered to her and her siblings), she probably would not have been able to execute this project to the stage that she has. She probably would not have had the good education to see her become a Barrister, which by itself pays very very well in the UK, she would not have been able to take the decision to quit paid employment to pursuer her entreprenurial dreams. And even if she had a billion pounds backing her financially, this money alone still wouldnt be able to provide her the coverage that the BBC's Dragons Den has, and we wouldnt be here discussing the

5 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by doja(m): 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
Nairaland has gone to the dogs! Where is our Nairaland of 2006? Where did all these dull people come out from? Are these comments as a result of the video I just watched or something outside of it?

3 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by 1forall: 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
This is for discerning minds please, we know there are a lot of other kinds on the forum wink

Read the report in Ham & High online here

and it was also reported by graziadaily.co.uk read it here, its a short read.

This Nigerian girl is doing good stuff out there and I can't for the life of me figure out how the conversation on this topic turns out like this? Is this how sick some of us really are as people? Shey we are beginning to understand the extent of the work that needs to be done? It gets worse by the year and the sooner we act the better for our future. undecided

PS: And she won a £100,000 investment i.e ₦26 million how cool is that for anyone to have that invested in your own entrepreneurial idea, which you're passionate about cheesy grin

Haters sha gon' hate sha cool

5 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by blasterman(m): 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
1forall: This is for discerning minds please, we know there are a lot of other kinds on the forum wink[b][/b]

Read the report in Ham & High online here
No mind them alot of villagers from idk where have access to internet to spew their envy, na Blackman problem be that

This Nigerian girl is doing good stuff out there and I can't for the life of me figure out how the conversation on this topic turns out like this? Is this how sick some of us really are as people? Shey we are beginning to understand the extent of the work that needs to be done? It gets worse by the year and the sooner we act the better for our future. undecided

PS: And she won a £100,000 investment i.e ₦26 million how cool is that for anyone to have that invested in your own entrepreneurial idea, which you're passionate about cheesy grin

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by blasterman(m): 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2012
1forall: This is for discerning minds please, we know there are a lot of other kinds on the forum wink[/
No mind them alot of villagers from idk where have access to internet to spew their envy, na Blackman problem be hat[b]

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by bobobabe: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
I'm highly impressed with what this young lady is doing irrespective of her financial background and she refused to believe in her family fortune. This is a great idea. To some of you "haters", my word to you is that remain here as a commentator and Dupsy will be going to world to make her goodies and sound name.

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
It beats me how some of us can be so d*umb. She is absolutely brilliant.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by dor75: 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
jbrodaly:
Later they say El Rufai was wrong with his recent statement about Nigerian youths!

I think the problem is lack of understanding, they read; listen to audio or video but still lack understanding.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Elueme: 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2012
I simply love this lady and don't get my intention twisted. She has got guts, she is smart, brimming in ideas and above all ambitious.. She is not looking lazy as most folks who were born into wealth will look. She knew life wasn't fair, her dad was murdered and the family wealth unevenly distributed so she's taking the bull by the horn and calving her on niche.. I wish you well Dupsy

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by 2mch(m): 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2012
What a monumental failure this OP is. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Maestronaija(m): 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
[quote author=advocate666]We are not talking of anybody's daughter here.

Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD

[/quote
re........tar............ded................
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by elopee3000(m): 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2012
had abiola married one wife like other billionaire this girl will not be in this show.but mko has more than 30 wives with 150 cildren so things will get to everybody just like obasanjo has up to 10 wives too sunnny ade too segun odegbami oga bello elake of egba land too any yoruba men like women die.thier women marry multiple husbands too
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Maestronaija(m): 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2012

Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD

AM sure u jux one of d rotten scumbag, retarded persin usin laptop as a cover...

Nid 2 examine ur brain coz u are a potential hazard 2 d pple...

am sure u dont av 0.005% of d lady brain....

stay in ur sorry crib n continue cryin... hiss.................
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Egbagirl(f): 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2012
Really impressive. To all those hating, una no go understand. People dey advance dey use brain, una dey siddon dere dey yab them. And yet we wonder what the problem is with Nigeria. Instead of people to learn and get inspired o, they are busy talking. Na so we dey talk and yab people while our country falls apart right under our noses.

3 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Egbagirl(f): 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2012
dor75:

I think the problem is lack of understanding, they read; listen to audio or video but still lack understanding.

Then maybe we need to call into question what it is they actually read. It's one thing to read gossip blogs and another to read GOOD books. Reading yato si reading o.

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by redsun(m): 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
ndu_chucks: After Abiola raked in billions from the ITT scheme without giving us anything in return. One would think he would have made provisions for all his children so that seed money, as his daughter is making a pitch for here, should not be a problem for anyone of his children. Dan Barawo

Abiola,s wealth died with him,and it is a classic example of what happens to ill gotten wealth. It withers away like grass for lack of strong roots..

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by gtrust: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2012
Walai!
When I saw the topic I quickly rushed to open it because I thought she was an INVESTOR
on the show and my mind was set that way.

Now, that it is different, I have no comment

26,000,000 naira and Abiola I'm not sure now.
In short, I'm a bit confused now.
Initially I thought people were talking about 260 Billion Naira!

Can someone tell me why she cannot be on the other-side
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Lyth: 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2012

Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD

Sry dumb-a$$ not evry1 wnts 2 live off their parents wealth ....wat she jst did is an achievement commendable solely 2 her thinking faculty. And how much wld u ve liked her 2 pitch for anyway?
Lazy-Twiddle lyk u. Nxt plz!

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by mimifonwon(f): 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
so proud of her, go dupsy!!!
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by skup008(m): 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
Tot she was tryin τ̅☺ beg for reduction of price of garri ni!....mtchwww :DTot she was tryin τ̅☺ beg for reduction of price of garri ni!....mtchwww
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by redsun(m): 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
Someone mentioned here that gej could be spending up to 50.000 pounds on food a day at this austre time that millions of nigerians are starving. If that is true,then that guy is like a rat gradually chewing away bags of grain in the barn with no care in the world whether the farmer incures loss or not.

What he is doing is outrageous and nigerians should cry blood against evil and wasteful leaders like him.

For how long can this korokoro stealng by the criminals called leaders in nigeria continues?

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by 1forall: 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
gtrust: Walai!
When I saw the topic I quickly rushed to open it because I thought she was an INVESTOR
on the show and my mind was set that way.

Now, that it is different, I have no comment

26,000,000 naira and Abiola I'm not sure now.
In short, I'm a bit confused now.
Initially I thought people were talking about 260 Billion Naira!

Can someone tell me why she cannot be on the other-side

You know you're not, but it looks like you're trying really hard to look like an id1ot lol

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by 4ler: 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2012
What most people do not understand is that majority of people that go on dragons den dont go to beg for money. Obviously, there are several ways that she could have raised triple that amount without help from any individual. Getting one of those guys as a business partner is far worth more than £1m. What that business will generate in one month with Peter Jones as a "partner" will be 50 times greater than what she will make working alone for 5 years. She wasnt begging for money... far from it.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by olagamalin(m): 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2012

Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD

Don't you have a terribly empty feeling - in your skull?...CRETIN!!!
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by jbrodaly(m): 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
dor75:

I think they don't even read nor listen(watch).They just jump into conclusion.You are telling a Nigerian youth what you know(involved in), before you even finish they interrupt and tell you the wrong stuffs with all confidence.
Now,in this case the OP did not write anything that warranted the bashing he or she is getting.
If they had watch the Video they would not have bashed Dupsy or her late dad.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by CyberG: 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2012

Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD

Can you INVEST EVEN N5,000 (NAIRA) in your or anyone's idea or BUSINESS? This lady was an EMPLOYED BARRISTER, the business had already taken off BEFORE THIS PITCH or you found it difficult to understand her accent? She was in a solid financial position, as reported by the dragons not like she was BEGGING!

3 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by mobo2(f): 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2012
It is good to build your own world by yourself. I think is a good idea by her to build her own world
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by gtrust: 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
1forall:

You know you're not, but it looks like you're trying really hard to look like an id1ot lol

The reason why people like me pay our bills on time is because 'person de pass don't be silly!'
You cannot expect me to go and present in Dragon's Den for 26 million naira equity in my company.

Some of us have seen money and it's vanity.
Self respect is better than anything in this world.

She is supposed to be on the other-side
She has seen money and if she wants any of those investors she can get them anytime to invest in her ideas!

To be honest, I will not do it!
I will pay for advert like anyone else.
Finally, it's a free world and people should do whatever is legal that makes them happy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christians Watching BBNaija, Football Lovers Are The Same – Joshua Bamiloye / 15 Things You Missed In Far From Home (video) / Kechi Okwuchi Is A Finalist On America's Got Talent 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.