Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,147 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) (24596 Views)

Nigerian Dragons Den Help / Uba & The Dragons Den Tussle. / Dragons Den Nigeria: A Timely & Worthy Gesture! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by simeonT: 2:35am On Oct 27, 2012
She is a YORUBA woman now that she needs something but when she becomes successful she is a NIGERIAN woman. Go girl the sky is the limit for you. You are the real child of your father. Your father started just like this. No doubt All your haters and haters of Yorubas will celebrate you soon.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cfours: 3:55am On Oct 27, 2012
her project has a LOT of potential to rival a site like LinkedIn. This is BIG!!!
congrats to her.

it's pretty much a website where employers can find employees. and it's modeled after dating sites where you put information on yourself and you are ranked based on algorithms for the employer to view. interesting concept.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by occam(m): 4:54am On Oct 27, 2012
cap28:

Has it occurred to you that tv is all about entertainment and drawing in viewers?

dragon's den is just another form of entertainment just like so much stuff thats on tv - its objective is not meant to educate or inform but to titillate you, to evoke a certain type of reaction from you, its also aimed at conditioning you in a very subtle way, therefore to base any constructive thought on a tv programme in my opinion is very naive. There is nothing genuine about this programme or the so called investors - at the end of the day the programme's objective is to draw in as many viewers as possible in order to increase the volume of viewers thereby justifying further productions and of course money for the producers - how do you know whether the applicants are not speakign from prepared scripts? how do you know whether everything that the dragons say is scripted ? I find it really strange that the investors were so interested in her family background because they never usually are with the other applicants, perhaps this was just another way to make this particular episode more interesting. we now know that most of the so called reality shows are scripted and set up so why would this one be any different, tv is one of the most powerful mediums used in the western world to condition and control the mode of thinking of western populations, it is so powerful that some people can not distinguish between real life and tv and very often you find many people here in the west acting out what they see on tv due to the relentless brainwashing that they are fed day in and day out.

by the way Levi Roots' reggae reggae sauce is poison - i bought a few bottles in tescos and its absolutely disgusting so i have no idea who is actually buying that crap - which begs the question who in their right mind would invest in a product that bad.

You're quite correct; it's all entertainment.

Personally, I find it condescending and patronizing. Couple of rich white folks helping a talented, young, black lady grow her business. Gimme a break! Life just not like that for black folks in any white dominated country. And telling her personal story seems so fake and scripted.

Why should any smart business person invest without getting answers to critical questions about revenue generation, plans on getting customers, overhead costs, potential profit etc. Instead the focus is on her personal story.

Sourcing for INTERNS through a website? Really! How many businesses will fork out 100 pounds per month just to get access to interns? Even if she gets 100 customers (a highly optimistic number), that's only 10,000 pounds a month. How is this biz going to pay for itself? Clever girl. I think she'll just take the 50k and invest in some other biz.

Hopefully, the publicity generated on dragons den may help attract visitors to the site in the short term only. Generating and sustaining traffic to a online business is very EXPENSIVE. Building the web tools and platforms is only the beginning.

The whole things looks like a sham designed to attract young black audience for Dragon's den. Period.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by oilmatters: 7:43am On Oct 27, 2012
Great job. God never forget the righteous ones even after their demise. Even if Abiola family are now poorer, can we compare them with the guy mentioning "begging, begging" at all time, Gosh? Maybe you need to come out and tell us which of the looters in the country has son/daughter who is creative as she is or there is a crime in working because her family is rich? I am proud of you babe and keep it up. No matter how rich your or your parents, Education and Creativity is the most important. I have joined the boxing numbers from the age of 23 years too and my business is growing but will never cease to research and be creative,i am now in UK studying Software Engineering. Guess what the illiterates are saying? "What is he still looking for after all these monies" grin grin grin So don't be surprised if you see me introducing my own Powerful software/system on CNN soonest, if you like, call it HAWKING.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Tafugo: 8:28am On Oct 27, 2012
advocate666: We are not talking of anybody's daughter here.

This is Chief MKO Abiola himself. The Bill Gates of yorubaland.
ITT Vice President, Africa and Middle-East
Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD
Founder of Abiola Farms, Abiola bookshops, Radio Communications Nigeria, Wonder bakeries, Concord Press, Concord Airlines, Summit oil international ltd, Africa Ocean lines, Habib Bank, Decca W.A. ltd, and Abiola football club.
Chairman of the G15 business council, President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Patron of the Kwame Nkrumah Foundation, Patron of the WEB Du Bois foundation, trustee of the Martin Luther King foundation and director of the International Press Institute.
Conferred with 197 traditional titles by 68 different communities in Nigeria
His financial assistance resulted in the construction of 63 secondary schools, 121 mosques and churches, 41 libraries, 21 water projects in 24 states of Nigeria

The Aare Ona Kakanfo of yorubaland.

What happenned to all the family money? Yoruba PEOPLE!

His daughter is begging for £50000 in UK.
Half a day fasting by GEJ will pay double that amount. So put it in perspective. Not that big an amount. Won't even buy a good 4x4.

You see why it is difficult to fight for peasants like you.the man fought and lost everything to free idiots like you and you bring stupid tribal sentiments into the matter.i don't know where the bloody hell you come from but I can guess your background is poor not necessarily money wise but you lack home training and value for human feelings.i am sure you probably escaped from Allu after partaking in the murder of those 4 boys.For your information Yorubas believe in educating their children very well so that they can fend for themselves as this I young lady has done I'm sure your sister is in Abuja selling her P----y for contracts.if you are not inspired by this pitch you are as stupid as I gussed..look at your thinking 4 x 4 that's what matters to this pea brain.im sorry for this generation of Nigerians .i think I will stop reading comments on Niaraland because some people are just so revolting and make me feel disgusted.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by CuntDestroyer: 8:59am On Oct 27, 2012
Sky-walker:

You think every successful business is all about money?

No it's down to blowing bubbles with bubble gum. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by coretechng(m): 9:01am On Oct 27, 2012
obailala: How I just love it when children of the rich strive to carve out an empire of their own from scratch without having to depend on family wealth. Very impressive!
Good perspective.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Ijebulogic(m): 9:06am On Oct 27, 2012
If Nairaland is an indication of how Nigerians process information then we are in trouble. I have a message for all the negative posters on this topic. Of all the qualities you should pray for and strive for in life it is HUMILITY. This lady may not have inherited billions but she has certainly the humble gene from her Father. Stinkingly rich MKO was not a perfect man but never forgot his roots; if not for the Abacha persecution , he insisted that ALL his children attended Federal Government Colleges in Nigeria until O'levels. MKO preached humility to his kids becaused he knew that money comes and goes but your education and personality stay with you forever. The most unfortunate comments here are from those who say "how can MKO's daughter be begging for £50,000"?...Clearly those posters are very ill-exposed and dont understand the business world outside Nigeria. In the UK, if you have a respected multi-millionaire like Peter Jones on your Board of directors (which Dupsy strategically negotiated), it can transalate to access to additional millions of pounds of private equity/investor funds. She has given her business model the "credibility and exposure" it needs to raise millions of pounds. Very strategic, very smart, very impressive....but all narrow-minded posters can say is "what about her inheritance"? Lord have mercy!!!

2 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by CuntDestroyer: 9:34am On Oct 27, 2012
Ijebulogic: [s]If Nairaland is an indication of how Nigerians process information then we are in trouble. I have a message for all the negative posters on this topic. Of all the qualities you should pray for and strive for in life it is HUMILITY. This lady may not have inherited billions but she has certainly the humble gene from her Father. Stinkingly rich MKO was not a perfect man but never forgot his roots; if not for the Abacha persecution , he insisted that ALL his children attended Federal Government Colleges in Nigeria until O'levels. MKO preached humility to his kids becaused he knew that money comes and goes but your education and personality stay with you forever. The most unfortunate comments here are from those who say "how can MKO's daughter be begging for £50,000"?...Clearly those posters are very ill-exposed and dont understand the business world outside Nigeria. In the UK, if you have a respected multi-millionaire like Peter Jones on your Board of directors (which Dupsy strategically negotiated), it can transalate to access to additional millions of pounds of private equity/investor funds. She has given her business model the "credibility and exposure" it needs to raise millions of pounds. Very strategic, very smart, very impressive....but all narrow-minded posters can say is "what about her inheritance"? Lord have mercy!!![/s]

I have never read such rubish since I stumbled upon Marie-Antonietes Finger-Butt Series.

Abiola's Kids with all the assets he had and all the opportunity they were given and also his heritage must be at least an elevator ride to the top for her.

She is ;

1. On a TV game show ( Not on some high level board meeting)

2. If she was so smart, how come she can't attract the necessary investor portfolios or get a bank loan at least?

3. Where is the money? Gone. Kola Abiola is a common landlord in Lagos, renting everything from his Father's Hanger at the Domestic wing to office spaces his father's empire once operated from. I recall one of Abiola's senior sons being arraigned for fraud. When Kudirat Abiola was fighting for her Husband's release, Kola was busy jetting to Minna to beg Aisha (IBB's daughter) for marriage.

4. The truth be told she has no clue on how to raise the required funds. Anyone could have handed her a portfolio brief and rehersed the pitch with her before going on air.

Stop supporting trash!

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by CuntDestroyer: 9:52am On Oct 27, 2012
This clearly demonstrates how corruption never benefits anyone just like pr0stituition everyone gets screwd.

Abiola was an oppurtunist who made money from the corridors of power. He made his first millions through ITT, got more with IBB.

Even the likes of Atiku and Tinibu are by far richer than Abiola.

The only true business dynasty we have in Nigeria are the Ibrus.

The patriach Ibru made money the hard way, instilled virtues in his kids and made them realize that money comes through hard work.

During Abiola's time on earth what viable investment did he have going? None. He at one time or the other would have hinted to his kids about getting a contract from so and so Govt agency. Ibru never got any such opportunity and naturally his kids saw their father as a hard working , shrewd business man.

The Ibru dynasty till this day is in the Banking sector, aviation (aero), maritime, oil and gas, real estate, media (Guardian), hospitality business (Sheraton Lagos).

God forbid a 5th generation Ibru gets on who wants to be a millionaire (nigerian version).

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by bakenda(m): 9:59am On Oct 27, 2012
Waoooh. Brilliant, beautiful, confident.
See as oyinbos dey trip.
Another IT guru in the making.
She's got brains of her own.
Go girl.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by xJaysonx(m): 9:59am On Oct 27, 2012
Thanks for this video. This is the best dragon den presentation i have ever seen.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by eaglechild: 11:34am On Oct 27, 2012
cap28:

cheers bro - research Abiola's background and you will discover that this man was a close friend of IBB and even Abacha - he financed the military coup that overthrew Buhari in 1985, Buhari was trying to steer Nigeria in the right direction - Abiola was a traitor and a criminal this is why yoruba people do not like him and even in death they did not want Unilag named after him because they knew what he stood for - this girl is reaping the benefits of her father's ill gotten wealth at the expense of many nigerians who are living in poverty and misery, many nigerians will never get the chance to live the life she is living due to the mass looting that her father and other nigerian bandit politicians subjected nigeria to.

do you know that she lives in a very expensive part of central london - marylebone - this is an area of london where only millionaires and celebrities live eg people like madonna.

Really? That's shocking.
Soon, Paris Hilton will come on dragons den to tell the whole world that her paid for "Oxford education" wasnt in vain, and she needs $20,000 for a blueprint on a perfume.
Dupsy maybe smart but she's a dog in a manger.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cap28: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2012
Ijebulogic: If Nairaland is an indication of how Nigerians process information then we are in trouble. I have a message for all the negative posters on this topic. Of all the qualities you should pray for and strive for in life it is HUMILITY. This lady may not have inherited billions but she has certainly the humble gene from her Father. Stinkingly rich MKO was not a perfect man but never forgot his roots; if not for the Abacha persecution , he insisted that ALL his children attended Federal Government Colleges in Nigeria until O'levels. MKO preached humility to his kids becaused he knew that money comes and goes but your education and personality stay with you forever. The most unfortunate comments here are from those who say "how can MKO's daughter be begging for £50,000"?...Clearly those posters are very ill-exposed and dont understand the business world outside Nigeria. In the UK, if you have a respected multi-millionaire like Peter Jones on your Board of directors (which Dupsy strategically negotiated), it can transalate to access to additional millions of pounds of private equity/investor funds. She has given her business model the "credibility and exposure" it needs to raise millions of pounds. Very strategic, very smart, very impressive....but all narrow-minded posters can say is "what about her inheritance"? Lord have mercy!!!

MKO Abiola humble ? So humble that after financing the military coup that removed Buhari he got involved in a power tussle over who
should rule nigeria with his buddies Abacha and IBB. A man so humble that he used his concord newspaper to keep nigerians brainwashed and compliant to ensure that they would vote him into the corridors of power.

Here is a man who became a multi millionaire not through hard work and graft but by theft on an industrial scale - did you know he diverted funds meant for the construction of a telecommunications system for nigeria into his own personal bank accounts? - are you aware that in a normal society this man would have been rotting in prison since the 1970s?

After stealing from ITT to his heart's content he then went on to declare himself a philanthropist using stolen money to open up businesses here and there and give dumb nigerians a few scraps in order to ensure their loyalty to him.

Here in the UK the late newspaper mogul Robert Maxwell stole millions of pounds from his company's pension fund and just as the law was about to catch up with him he threw himself off his yacht and quite rightly committed suicide his sons to this day carry the stigma of this man's crime - in nigeria we praise and bow down before the children of bandits and thugs.

By the way your claim that all his children attended federal govt colleges in nigeria is not true this girl attended both secondary schl and university in london - and not just any secondary schools or university - elitist schools which groom and educate the children of the rich and powerful , so your comments about abiola making sure his children all went to federal govt colleges in nigeria is simply not true, also going on a tv show does not indicate that she is humble - it simply indicates that she likes publicity if she were that serious about investors she could have easily gone to a bank - thats what serious business people do they dont advertise themselves on tv shows.

Lest i forget your humble messiah stole millions of dollars from another bandit - the late Samuel Doe of Liberia - after Doe had been murdered and it came time to give Doe's widow the loot he was holding for Doe he refused and the woman was practically left destitute with her children (not that they didnt deserve it after all Doe was nothing more than an illiterate thug) but see how Abiola got his own come uppance - as they say what goes around comes around -nothing beats karma.

3 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by CuntDestroyer: 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2012
^^^I just liked you.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by cap28: 12:17pm On Oct 27, 2012
CuntDestroyer: ^^^I just liked you.

wink cheers bro
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Ijebulogic(m): 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

Abiola's Kids with all the assets he had and all the opportunity they were given and also his heritage must be at least an elevator ride to the top for her.

She is ;

2. If she was so smart, how come she can't attract the necessary investor portfolios or get a bank loan at least?

3. Where is the money? Gone. Kola Abiola is a common landlord in Lagos, renting everything from his Father's Hanger at the Domestic wing to office spaces his father's empire once operated from. I recall one of Abiola's senior sons being arraigned for fraud. When Kudirat Abiola was fighting for her Husband's release, Kola was busy jetting to Minna to beg Aisha (IBB's daughter) for marriage.

4. The truth be told she has no clue on how to raise the required funds. Anyone could have handed her a portfolio brief and rehersed the pitch with her before going on air.

Stop supporting trash!

Oh my word...you clearly have a lot of venom for this family and you must come from the school of thought that the Children must be punished for the sins of the father? Anyway dear sir (with a very interesting user name) let me respond to your opinion (which you are 100% entitled to)

Your point 1 - If you have ever presented to an EXCO or Board you will admit that few can be as intimidating as the Lions Den - we are talking about 75 years worth of joint enterpreneurial experience looking for holes in your business model. These are all Chairman and Directors of various boards coming togther to critique a business plan - so i'm afraid your point is not clear. Please do not trivialise this but "dumbing it down" and calling it a TV show. It takes nerves of steel to handle a pitch to this caliber of shrewd business people

Your Point 2 - Dear sir, i dont want to lecture you and i mean this in the most respectful way - you clearly do not know the difference between financing a business with Debt versus Equity. You also clearly do not know the difference between Venture Capital and Equity. if you want to finance your business via debt, you go for a bank loan and it adds working capital but ZERO strategic expertise to your business. If you want just equity, you can raise from investors. However, if you want strategic and reputational gravitas, you sell a percentage of your business to a strategic investor, with more expertise than you to help you grow your business and open doors in the market in which you operate. Who is better than Peter Jones to do this for a UK business? This is Corporate Finance 101 and i'm sorry, you just dont get it.

Your Point 3 - Two traits of many Nigerians - a. we have a short memory and b. we are most comfortable criticising and abusing others when in truth, its only by the Grace of God we ourselves are not in worse situations. I can recall that Sani Abacha WIPED OUT every investment MKO Abiola had in order to frustrate him to abandon his mandate. I dont know what happened to the money but you clearly have a strong interest in the Abiola family as i dont know half of all the gossip you published....but sir, what exactly do you suggest this lady does following the loss of the family wealth?? Give Up? Quit? Go and hide under a stone?? what do you suggest? She picked herself up, dusted up and is building her own business empire...why would you hide behind a laptop and attack such a person? Unless its a personal issue you have?

Your Point 4 - You say "anyone" could have delivered that pitch? I cant find the words to respond to that. Lets just agree to disagree on that.

Parting note - you are entitled to your opinion and i respect it...but try to be objective and dont let venom and bile cloud your judgement. All the best sir, and i hope no one ever blames your kids because of your weaknesses.

3 Likes

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Alxmyr(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2012
As I watched the video and read different comments, lots of things came to my mind.
First, I am very happy for her. Despite coming from a wealthy family, she is not ending up as one of the spoilt brats we see on streets of Abuja and Victoria Island. She is sound, intelligent, confident and convincing. It shows in her that she is dependent on her father's future or whatever is left of it.
Second, she presented a business proposal and seek investors. When a business person seeks an investor, it is not begging. Investors invest because they are expecting profit from their investments. Comments on this post shows the reason many people don't invest in our young businesses. Many think that when they are giving money for business investment, it is a gift, especially from a rich investor to them. With a mindset like that, the SME continues to suffer.
Lastly, if this lady extends her service to Nigeria, she will become automatic millionaire.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Alxmyr(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

I have never read such rubish since I stumbled upon Marie-Antonietes Finger-Butt Series.

She is ;

Stop supporting trash!

You don't have a point with the bolded.
How many of the musical stars today can stand the rigor of MTN Project Fame?

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by pato405(m): 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2012
@ cap28: you nailed it, you killd it, you annihilated it, you pulverised it, you mangled it grin, infact I lack words to describe how content I am with your exposition. one thing that baffles me beyond description is how forgetful Nigerians are. Amnesia readily beclouds objective reasoning particularly when it comes to rationalising issues in hindsight. I tire for them o! It's really a shameful travesty seeing someone of Dupsy's background and pedigree in this show. she's really a dog in a manger as someone rightly described her. well lets hope things are exactly the way it appears here and that indeed, she really and desperately needs the fund. that'll be an indication that nemesis is really catching up with all of them. wonder how children of these so called 'wealthy' nigerians who wantonly looted the nations treasury are basking in a show of shame? reminds of the mutallab saga. the nitwits born with pilfered silver spoons, nurtured with bread butered on both sides even when the average nigerian languish in lack, are busy globe-trotting and publicising themselves as under-achievers. doesn't this clearly justify the saying that 'ill gotten wealth profitet NOTHING'? - Prov 10:2
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Ijebulogic(m): 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2012
cap28:

MKO Abiola humble ? So humble that after financing the military coup that removed Buhari he got involved in a power tussle over who
should rule nigeria with his buddies Abacha and IBB. A man so humble that he used his concord newspaper to keep nigerians brainwashed and compliant to ensure that they would vote him into the corridors of power.

Here is a man who became a multi millionaire not through hard work and graft but by theft on an industrial scale - did you know he diverted funds meant for the construction of a telecommunications system for nigeria into his own personal bank accounts? - are you aware that in a normal society this man would have been rotting in prison since the 1970s?

After stealing from ITT to his heart's content he then went on to declare himself a philanthropist using stolen money to open up businesses here and there and give dumb nigerians a few scraps in order to ensure their loyalty to him.

Here in the UK the late newspaper mogul Robert Maxwell stole millions of pounds from his company's pension fund and just as the law was about to catch up with him he threw himself off his yacht and quite rightly committed suicide his sons to this day carry the stigma of this man's crime - in nigeria we praise and bow down before the children of bandits and thugs.

By the way your claim that all his children attended federal govt colleges in nigeria is not true this girl attended both secondary schl and university in london - and not just any secondary schools or university - elitist schools which groom and educate the children of the rich and powerful , so your comments about abiola making sure his children all went to federal govt colleges in nigeria is simply not true, also going on a tv show does not indicate that she is humble - it simply indicates that she likes publicity if she were that serious about investors she could have easily gone to a bank - thats what serious business people do they dont advertise themselves on tv shows.

Lest i forget your humble messiah stole millions of dollars from another bandit - the late Samuel Doe of Liberia - after Doe had been murdered and it came time to give Doe's widow the loot he was holding for Doe he refused and the woman was practically left destitute with her children (not that they didnt deserve it after all Doe was nothing more than an illiterate thug) but see how Abiola got his own come uppance - as they say what goes around comes around -nothing beats karma.

Please see my response to XXXXdestroyer which responds to most of your issues. I also heard a lot of Pub Foklore (or as they call it in Nigeria - "Beer Parlour Gist"wink as to MKO - stealing ITT money etc...but till today no one can articulate intelligently how exactly one Nigerian employee could loot money via a Multinational like ITT without going to jail)...for those who dont know ITT was bigger than Verizon, AT&T etc of today...what exactly happened that Billions ended up in MKO's account? Can someone please articulate it factually without blabbing about what Fela said on his album? I also heard the pub folklore about MKO holding money for Samuel Doe, Abacha, IBB etc etc...how can i possibly debate these peppersoup joint stories?? i debate only with facts. You forgot to throw in the story about MKO sinking a million bibles in the atlantic?? (even though Kofo Annan recently confirmed MKO read only the Koran and the Bible when he saw him in detention).. You see, majority of Nigerians depend on watered down gossip to form their judgement.

Please read my post again - all of MKO's kids were in FGN schools until the June 12 persecution started. Thats a fact. So of course this girl wasnt in Nigeria at the time as the entire family had to leave the country. Even those of us that were not involved in the elections found ourselves in the UK, States, Ghana wherever to complete our studies.

But back to the issue at hand. MKO was rich and lost all his money right? - Yes Fact. This lady is his daughter? - Yes. Fact. She has moved on with life, accepted her fathers death and as a young enterpreneur, she gave a compelling pitch that got shrewd UK Businessmen to pour accolades on her and invest in her business right? Yes Fact? You sir, prefer to remind anyone with anything positive to say about this young Nigerian talent...that her father was corrupt, a coup sponsor, etc etc...Reality is that no matter how much negativity you throw out there, some people will just make it in life (despite who their father is). Accept it and move on.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by samakson(m): 3:05pm On Oct 27, 2012
I know how painful the Poster feels not to have been able to submit his CV on www.internavenue.com, its not her fault that you are not in the UK and not too worry she will soon extend it to Nigeria.

You keep referring to YORUBA as Yoruba, It really shows me how ignorant you are. If truly you understood the video you posted you will realize that the said Abiola's Daughter is A Barrister even when she lost her father at the age of 17.

Why did your own Father or Mother not Struggle to send you to school? Am sure you blame them. Sit down there, the Young girl just enlarge her Business and you will drive her children around whenever they choose to visit Lagos Nigeria.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2012
I like that Yoruba prostration she did when she took up on Peter's offer.

I find myself doing the same thing too, esp when I'm late to lecture and the professor stops to make a huge deal about it {asshoes}

Very well spoken, eloquent an driven. I love it!
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2012
She reminds me of Busy_body of NL.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by bolayei: 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2012
na wa o, nigerians speak in english but not all nigerians that can read and write can understand english english,did you not hear, she has a fair amount of money but is only after their expertise and experience in that field and yea mko had money and even if mko was still alive with all the money she will probably still go to the dragon's den. Right move in the right direction
advocate666: We are not talking of anybody's daughter here.

This is Chief MKO Abiola himself. The Bill Gates of yorubaland.
ITT Vice President, Africa and Middle-East
Chairman ITT Nigeria LTD
Founder of Abiola Farms, Abiola bookshops, Radio Communications Nigeria, Wonder bakeries, Concord Press, Concord Airlines, Summit oil international ltd, Africa Ocean lines, Habib Bank, Decca W.A. ltd, and Abiola football club.
Chairman of the G15 business council, President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Patron of the Kwame Nkrumah Foundation, Patron of the WEB Du Bois foundation, trustee of the Martin Luther King foundation and director of the International Press Institute.
Conferred with 197 traditional titles by 68 different communities in Nigeria
His financial assistance resulted in the construction of 63 secondary schools, 121 mosques and churches, 41 libraries, 21 water projects in 24 states of Nigeria

The Aare Ona Kakanfo of yorubaland.

What happenned to all the family money? Yoruba PEOPLE!

His daughter is begging for £50000 in UK.
Half a day fasting by GEJ will pay double that amount. So put it in perspective. Not that big an amount. Won't even buy a good 4x4.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by bolayei: 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2012
dumb ass like you.
CuntDestroyer:

She is ;

Stop supporting trash!
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by zeembab(m): 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2012
I have just confirmed now that majority of Nairalander are not well informed.
Dragon's Den is not just about getting funding, but getting the right people on board of a startup
business to give it a much needed impetus to succeed.
From her pitch, Dupsy confirmed she has sufficient funding for her business but her primary objective
was to bring as much dragon as possible on board.
Business is not just about seed capital but business management skills that come with experience.
So sad that rather than celebrating our own, some people would rather tribalise it as usual.
The last time a Nigeria was on dragon's den was an igbo man pitching for seed capital to start a church in Nigeria.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by namski(m): 11:44am On Oct 28, 2012
Exhibition of ignorance part 1. A girl that has gone to seek investors for her business has turned a beggar. Any wonder why we are refered to as third world - it's very much deep rooted going by comments here. Talk is cheap afterall!
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by Iliveon: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2012
I pray that those of you shouting here do not go through what this lady went through in life.Dont judge her because you dont know half of her story.Her sister, Dr. Wura Abiola was an adjunct lecturer at Unilag MBA school and she was my Organizational Dev. lecturer. I would tell you with every sense of responsibility that she was the best lecturer that had ever taught me. And when she unconsciously talked about her family you could only imagine what this people went through to become what they are today.Btwn, I really dont understand what is wrong with her participating in Dragon Den to seek for investors.We really need a lot of grow-up to do.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by nikinash(f): 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
Excellent pitch and congrats to her! TO anyone saying she is begging, i dont even begin to understand how this is begging. Even if her father were alive and had all the money still, why cant she start her own empire, any way she sees fit. Not only is she getting investment, she is also getting some powerful investors, more to come even after Peter Jones. If many of the people here have this opportunity of getting investments such as this, are you saying you wouldn't take it, i very much doubt it.
Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by advocate666: 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
gtrust: Walai!
When I saw the topic I quickly rushed to open it because I thought she was an INVESTOR
on the show and my mind was set that way.

Now, that it is different, I have no comment

26,000,000 naira and Abiola I'm not sure now.
In short, I'm a bit confused now.
Initially I thought people were talking about 260 Billion Naira!

Can someone tell me why she cannot be on the other-side

Abeg my brother. See them defending her like she is doing something great when in reality she is going backwards.
Talk of people with low standards and even lower expectations.
Abiola's family should be investing in people. Not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) by CuntDestroyer: 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ijebulogic:

[s]Oh my word...you clearly have a lot of venom for this family and you must come from the school of thought that the Children must be punished for the sins of the father? Anyway dear sir (with a very interesting user name) let me respond to your opinion (which you are 100% entitled to)

Your point 1 - If you have ever presented to an EXCO or Board you will admit that few can be as intimidating as the Lions Den - we are talking about 75 years worth of joint enterpreneurial experience looking for holes in your business model. These are all Chairman and Directors of various boards coming togther to critique a business plan - so i'm afraid your point is not clear. Please do not trivialise this but "dumbing it down" and calling it a TV show. It takes nerves of steel to handle a pitch to this caliber of shrewd business people

Your Point 2 - Dear sir, i dont want to lecture you and i mean this in the most respectful way - you clearly do not know the difference between financing a business with Debt versus Equity. You also clearly do not know the difference between Venture Capital and Equity. if you want to finance your business via debt, you go for a bank loan and it adds working capital but ZERO strategic expertise to your business. If you want just equity, you can raise from investors. However, if you want strategic and reputational gravitas, you sell a percentage of your business to a strategic investor, with more expertise than you to help you grow your business and open doors in the market in which you operate. Who is better than Peter Jones to do this for a UK business? This is Corporate Finance 101 and i'm sorry, you just dont get it.

Your Point 3 - Two traits of many Nigerians - a. we have a short memory and b. we are most comfortable criticising and abusing others when in truth, its only by the Grace of God we ourselves are not in worse situations. I can recall that Sani Abacha WIPED OUT every investment MKO Abiola had in order to frustrate him to abandon his mandate. I dont know what happened to the money but you clearly have a strong interest in the Abiola family as i dont know half of all the gossip you published....but sir, what exactly do you suggest this lady does following the loss of the family wealth?? Give Up? Quit? Go and hide under a stone?? what do you suggest? She picked herself up, dusted up and is building her own business empire...why would you hide behind a laptop and attack such a person? Unless its a personal issue you have?

Your Point 4 - You say "anyone" could have delivered that pitch? I cant find the words to respond to that. Lets just agree to disagree on that.

Parting note - you are entitled to your opinion and i respect it...but try to be objective and dont let venom and bile cloud your judgement. All the best sir, and i hope no one ever blames your kids because of your weaknesses.[/s]

Abiola remains a crook. His 1st generation are now begging for money. simple.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nollywood-Military Movie, Eagle Wings Premieres In Lagos / Kechi Okwuchi Is A Finalist On America's Got Talent 2017 / Christians Watching BBNaija, Football Lovers Are The Same – Joshua Bamiloye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.