Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,392 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure (36903 Views)

Gospel Singer Sinach Is PREGNANT! (Photos) / 'Abuja Pastor Sent Prostitute To My Hotel Room' Says Gospel Singer / Romance With Female Gospel Singer, Sinach Crashed Oyakhilome’s Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Sunbellar: 3:55am On Oct 28, 2012
egoldman: This man of GOD dies like this , meanwhile we have other men of GOD in Nigeria living the the private jet lives , is this the kind of ministry JESUS had while on earth ?
Regrettably, we ve terrible self acclaimed Pastors and Men of God who are after your tithes n offerings to enrich themselves. Always brainwashing the congregations! what a pity bc i know Rev. Patty Obasi must be faithfully paying his tithes.

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by iykak47: 3:59am On Oct 28, 2012
Oh! my best gospel singer is no more, Patty may God overlook your shortcomings and grant you eternal life. Uwa bu aja. Adieucry cry cry
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by buchibabe: 4:28am On Oct 28, 2012
Eyaaaa!!! Dis is one man who evangelized n preached d undiluted word of God thru his songs,not all dis gospel artistes we hv now dt r in for just d moni wit dia meaningless gospel songs.

I'm a great fan of dis man,his songs have a way of making u reflect on d actual purpose of life .

RIP Man of God!!!

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by salam001(m): 4:32am On Oct 28, 2012
Nobody came to him when he needed help,what a pity but i guess his burial will be an avenue for sycophancy,fans and enemies alike would claim they love him

2 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by buchibabe: 4:37am On Oct 28, 2012
salam001: Nobody came to him when he needed help,what a pity but i guess his burial will be an avenue for sycophancy,fans and enemies alike would claim they love him

Ah! Dnt be suprised he wil be given a befitting burial. His state govt n fellow top gospel artiste dt nevr came to his aid when he needed it most,will now turn up to splash dia moni on d burial .
#Godiswatching#
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by aikorodo(m): 4:38am On Oct 28, 2012
..good things naturally do not last long. Rest in peace bro party obasi.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Engineer96(m): 5:19am On Oct 28, 2012
May the soul of Patty Obasi rest in perfect peace.
Amen.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by malele(m): 5:22am On Oct 28, 2012
White007: May his soul rest in perfect peace. cry cry

It's so sad that he couldn't get the required amount needed to treat his ailment. I'm surprise that no one could come to his aid. ( politicians, churches, NGO's ).

See how the poor is neglected in this country. If it's our politicians that are sick, even for common headache, they will fly to Germany for treatment with tax payers money. Smh for this country.
I weep for this country , the poor dieing everyday because of the policies made by the rich.
Nigerians have to rise up and face these problem once.no hospital, no roads, no education nothing.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by ROCKJ1(m): 6:00am On Oct 28, 2012
Hardfact: Patty didnt die of kidney failure! Truth is poor Patty Obasi died of Charity Failure! You can imagine that with all his popularity neither the wealthy churches nor the govt (even of his own state) seemed have done anything to save him! I'm sure there's hardly any Sunday that some of his songs arent used in churches (esp Igbos). Now that he's dead all such hands will want to be on deck.
such is life.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by fabian62: 6:06am On Oct 28, 2012
Pls people should not talk the church equally help for like a year.may his soul rest in peace amen.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by patostation(m): 6:07am On Oct 28, 2012
My heart goes out to his family (his first wife and his second wife and her children). It suprises me that after releasing many popular albums, Patty still died poor thanks greedy record marketers. Adieu my namesake!
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Ignatio(m): 6:18am On Oct 28, 2012
mike404: I wanna download his songs... Any link

The man died because of lack of funds for treatment and you still want to download his song for free. It's your like that impoverish our artists. FIND YOUR WAY TO THE MARKET MY FRIEND!!!

2 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Maxymilliano(m): 6:19am On Oct 28, 2012
Never heard of him but he could have reached out to MTN Foundation, his perceived popularity would have earned him a beneficiary status and might as well just be considered as the brand face of the foundation because he would have been there, and done that.

So sad, RIP Bro.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Ignatio(m): 6:28am On Oct 28, 2012
Why can't our leaders provide facilities for kidney transplant at home? Must we fly to India?
Meanwhile the governor of Enugu state Sullivan Chime is currently in India for treatment. This is his second tenure in office. I hope he sees the need for having the facilities here in Nigeria and maybe use his remaining tenure to do something about it.

On the other hand I don't blame Nigerian artistes for charging outrageous amounts for shows.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Biim: 6:49am On Oct 28, 2012
Rest in peace sir.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by ceejay80s(m): 6:57am On Oct 28, 2012
All the money we generate from oil....we no even fit use am save life, na God go punish all past, present and future nigerian leaders. He needed just 10million for his treatment and our leaders eg president,senate, judiciary,governors etc dey thief billions of our oil money

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by casestudy: 7:10am On Oct 28, 2012
chai!!!!!!!!!!! The great iroko tree of the gospel music forest has fallen!!! Rest in Peace great one! We will meet again at the resurrection morning!

1 Like

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by CzarChris(m): 7:15am On Oct 28, 2012
Patty Obasi, my tears won't bring you back, your songs are inspirational. To me you where the best gospel musician because of the originality of your songs. R.I.P You have fought a good fight and the Lord who rewards, will reward you. Rest in the Lord, Sir.......smh, *wipes tears*
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by freecocoa(f): 7:16am On Oct 28, 2012
Ah no no, not my patty please.
Chei this one pain me.
*crying while singing*

Onye kwere ekwe anwugi anwu o
Ohiga ura mgbe onuru opi ike oga ebilite
Oga ebili na enweghi ure obula
Onye ekwere ekwe anwughi anwu.
Ma ogbabiru nwuo ma oriariara nwuo
O doro anya na onye kwere nwere olile anya ila ni igwe
Jesus nke noo ni ime'm ya bu olile anya
Olile anya mbilite na onwu na ebube
Hicha anya mmiri onwu abughi ogwugwu
Mkpuru oka na ereghi ure adighi efulite
Onwu bu ihe ona mee
Onye kere ndu ya kere onwu
Onye si na obu ya kariri onwu?
Oburu go di onye tara amosu oga nwuriri
Onyiri onwu adighi na uwa
Ma onye kwere ekwe nwere olile anya.
Well may his soul rest in perfect peace and his loved once take solace in the song above, he said it all there.

8 Likes

Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 28, 2012
Ouch!! My father loves dat man,he even has all patty's album.bt dis. Is my first time of hearing he eva had kidney dyfuntion...RIP patty,ur great voice wld be missed
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Afam4eva(m): 7:18am On Oct 28, 2012
Pls can someone put up a picture of the Man.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Biggyd2: 7:20am On Oct 28, 2012
R.I.P
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by freecocoa(f): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2012
afam4eva: Pls can someone put up a picture of the Man.
Kedu udi onye igbo e bu sef? So e maro patty obasi? E nu go egwu a?
Ezi nwanyi di uko
Onu ahia ya ka ruby ezi nwanyi di uko
Samson luru ajo nwanyi o
Akwukwo nso ya kwuru ya
Akpucha ya isi ma opusia ya anya
Ifu go nu ka odogwu siri la.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by pastormustwacc: 7:26am On Oct 28, 2012
bros856: PATTY OBASI, REST IN PEACE. TEARS RUN DOWN MY CHIC AS I HEAR ABOUT HIS DEAD. NO RICH PASTOR COULD HELP SAVE HIS LIFE. CHURCH PASTORS IN NIGERIA ARE BUYING BRAND NEW PRIVATE JETS EVERY YEARS WITH MEMBERS TITHES AND OFFERING. NO CHURCH COULD ORGANISE CRUSADE TO RAISE FUNDS AND HELP PATTY, EVEN POLITICIANS. I WISH WE HAD CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA. A LOT OF CHURCH MEMBERS, NO CHRISTIAN IN NIGERIA. RIP BROS.

THIS REMIND ME OF LEVITES BACK IN THE OLD TESTAMENT FAILED GOD, AND WERE CURSED.

I am not talking about news testament tithing which i discussed here - TITHING: New Testament Practice Or Old Testament Bondage , but about the danger of these men of God who hoard all the money.

After their captivity into Babylon, and in anticipation of the day when God would send the Messiah to deliver His people and purify the sons of Levi, the LORD points out the exact nature of the Levite's sin:

Malachi 3:7-11... you have turned aside from My statutes, and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you,” says the LORD of hosts." But you say, 'How shall we return?' (*NOTE - The “we” spoken of here in the context is referring to the sons of Levi)

Malachi 3:8 "Will a MAN rob (LIT-defraud) God? Yet YOU are robbing Me! But YOU say, ‘How have WE robbed Thee?’ In tithes and offerings (LIT-heave offerings).”

Malachi 3:9 (Rotherham's Emphasized Bible) <With a curse> have YE been cursing, and yet <me> have YE been defrauding, the whole nation. (LIT-the nation, the whole of it). Malachi 3:10 - Bring the whole (LIT-the complete) tithe INTO THE STOREHOUSE so that THERE MAY BE FOOD in My house... "

Before continuing, READ Malachi 2:1-9. This helps establish that the rebuke given to the Levites is consistent throughout the entire context. With that in mind consider the following points:

God said the Levites had turned aside from His statutes. We looked at these statutes earlier in Numbers 18:28-29 where the Levites were to give a tithe of the tenth they received.

God said it was a "MAN" (singular) who was robbing God. Women could not hold the office of a priest, so this is further proof of who the rebuke is to.

The Hebrew text says that the Levites had robbed God in "tithes" (plural) and the "heave offering." The heave offering was the tithe of the tenth to be given to the LORD by the priests (see Numbers 18:25-30). As a result of the greed of the Levites, who were to be the spiritual leaders of Israel, God said He did not receive a "whole" or completed tithe, and this was exemplified by the fact they were even neglecting to tithe on the tenth received from the people. Remember the example given in Nehemiah 13:4-14 where the priestly household of Tobias was expelled from the oversight of the storehouse for greedily turning it into a place for their own use.

God said that the sons of Levi had been defrauding Him, and cursing Him, yet God also equated this as a defrauding of the nation of Israel as well. How did they defraud Israel? Malachi 3:5 says that they failed to feed the widows, orphans and aliens. The poor of the nation went neglected because of the greed and sorcery of these wicked priests.

Malachi 3:10 says that they (the Levites) were to bring the COMPLETED TITHE into the STOREHOUSE. As you recall from Nehemiah 12:44 and 13:4,5,13, it was the sons of Levi, and the priests, who were given charge over the storehouse. This proof makes it abundantly clear that the context is dealing with Levites, not New Testament believers.

Although it was allowed, under provisions of the Mosaic Law, for a man to redeem his tithe of the crops and trees in monetary ways by adding 1/5 to it's value, Malachi 3:10 makes it clear that God is more concerned that He wanted FOOD in His house to be able to care for the needy. This is important to understand because it refutes the notion of many churches that the "tithe" is in reference to one's monetary gift from their checkbook to finance a building. God is more concerned with human beings than He is with church programs and building projects.
Source: http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/tithing1.htm
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by pastormustwacc: 7:28am On Oct 28, 2012
mike404: I wanna download his songs... Any link
May Amadioha fire your head. For free?
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Soundmind(m): 7:37am On Oct 28, 2012
Sorry o!
Dear Patty,
Rest In Peace.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 28, 2012
In Nigeria, you know how much you are loved when you are in need. I know there are ten churches in Nigeria that could have raised ten million for him without a plink
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by fm7070: 7:40am On Oct 28, 2012
See how we have lost a rear gem to curable and preventable death.
and none of this looting politician will suffer similar fate because 10m is way too small for them to afford.
With our wealth and oil, Nigeria can still not set up at least 10 kidney and heart transplant centre and we have to travel far away to get this done.
I'm just sorry for this country called Nigeria.
Pat, rest in the bossom of the Lord.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 28, 2012
fm7070: See how we have lost a rear gem to curable and preventable death.
and none of this looting politician will suffer similar fate because 10m is way too small for them to afford.
With our wealth and oil, Nigeria can still not set up at least 10 kidney and heart transplant centre and we have to travel far away to get this done.
I'm just sorry for this country called Nigeria.
Pat, rest in the bossom of the Lord.

You are a joke if you think anybody - including the church- care shit about you.
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by ifyalways(f): 7:44am On Oct 28, 2012
Awurade!

We've really lost a gem. I didn't hear about his sickness. Omgosh! I can't just stop the tears. Men like him are rare to come by. His songs so inspiring .
Omgosh!!!
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by LordBabs(m): 7:46am On Oct 28, 2012
Smoke weed, they'll snub you...snuff tobacco, they'll jeer you...shâg hard, they ne'er will! Why won't the kidneys fail? These are equilibrants that keep your kidneys in motion. Feign ignorance and die wrongfully!
Re: Gospel Singer Patty Obasi Dies Of Kidney Failure by ifyalways(f): 7:53am On Oct 28, 2012
afam4eva: Pls can someone put up a picture of the Man.
Afam, you don't know him? Strange!

Him, voice of the cross and maybe one or two others are the only real "igbo gospel singers" he infact is known as "the preacher". Go and look for him in youtube.

Listen to tracks like :

Bianu ka anyi kele
Onye nwe m na-edu m ije.
Ole ebe ka nsopuru m no

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Money The Root Of All Evil? / Pastor Samuel Akinbodunse: "Buhari Will Die Before 2019 Elections" / Demonic Convenant Associate With Attachment And Weavon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.