Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:26 PM

Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others (11215 Views)

Presidency Intensifies Efforts To Discredit Ribadu Report. / Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe / Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by amokemi(m): 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
I'm more baffled by people's response to this damning evidence of massive sleaze. Why can't we leave our political affiliation and save this country's soul. Corruption is corruption irrespective of who did it. Please let us save this country and stop being an appendage of the massively corrupt officials who are impoverishing the present and future generations.
Where is the hope for this country when people of my age bracket who are supposed to be the hope of this country are just waiting for their turn to take their own loot as evidenced in some comments above.

I weep for this country.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by mulumele(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2012
amokemi: I'm more baffled by people's response to this damning evidence of massive sleaze. Why can't we leave our political affiliation and save this country's soul. Corruption is corruption irrespective of who did it. Please let us save this country and stop being an appendage of the massively corrupt officials who are impoverishing the present and future generations.
Where is the hope for this country when people of my age bracket who are supposed to be the hope of this country are just waiting for their turn to take their own loot as evidenced in some comments above.

I weep for this country.

The fact is some people just comment out of religious,tribal or political sentiments. Until we rise up as one against this slap, nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by pappy2000: 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
amokemi: I'm more baffled by people's response to this damning evidence of massive sleaze. Why can't we leave our political affiliation and save this country's soul. Corruption is corruption irrespective of who did it. Please let us save this country and stop being an appendage of the massively corrupt officials who are impoverishing the present and future generations.

I weep for this country.
My brother it is a very pathetic situation.the fact that some people can openly defend the minister when the very act is done in her ministry. I strongly believe there is no hope for this nation

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by mbulela: 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2012
pappy2000:
I strongly believe there is no hope for this nation

You are welcome to the club.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by bros856: 7:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN PLEASE WAKE UP OOOOOOOOHO!!!! FOR NIGERIA IS TURNING INTO A VILLAGE. YOU CANNOT FEAR A WOMAN TOO. IF YOU DEY FEAR OTEDOLA, DANGOTE ETC... I CAN UNDERSTAND BUT NOT ALISON-MADUEKE. EXCEPT SOMETHING IS GOING ON.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by taharqa: 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
Smone shld help me out here; i just want to be clear bout what this 'MASSIVE' fraud is about: 11 discretionary licenses were given, 3 of which were given by dis admin; and discretionary licenses, as d report said, are not illegal( even if a case can be made for its discontinuance- i dont kw if such is reflectd in d proposd PIB bill). Now, d real problem seem to be that the signature bonuses of d 11 licenses hv bn declard 'missing' by d report( which cud eida be that it was stolen OR dat it has just not yet been reconcild). I usd d word 'Or' cos i was wondering how signature bonuses for licenses( including d 3) wud be outrightly stolen when these licenses where open even if given by d discretn of Minister or President; 2nd, wudnt it be a very foolish minister that wud appoint a committee made up of ppl like Ribadu, Agbakoba and others to reconcild payments systems bw govt and oil comps if she has just stolen an open thing like signature bonuses( we are nt talking bout kick-backs here which knowing wot i know bout d oil industry almost certainly wud hv bn involvd on all levels)...if this is what dis 'massive' fraud is all about, i say i wud wait 4 more info... I hweva support d call 4 d resignatn of d oil minister cos smone has got to tk responsibility for the subsidy fraud eida 4 collusn and/or incompetence or just tking responsibility for bn minister at d time; she shld also go so dat d strong forces who hv bn afta her even b4 she became minister of Pet wud no longa hv any excuse to try to derail important reforms going on in d sector. GEJ can then appoint anoda person 4rm d SS
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by sheyguy: 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Can any one point at where the minister of petroleum was said to have been indicted? That corruption was purportedly to have been carried out in your ministry doesn't make you culpable as she's not God to know everything and why the essence of this committee led by nuhu ribadu. This is not holding brief for anybody but I think this call is not necessary until they got a concrete evidence linking the minister to the said shady deals.
The report they say had so many 'damning revelations'. If i may ask, under whose watch did the whole episode tøok place?
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by SOHKAHTOA: 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
pappy2000:
So if she is not cupable then who should be made culpable.I understand that you are doing your job to the best of your ability but to say that the corrupt act that took place under her ministry that she should not be responsible is simply stupi.d . I thimk that the Minister has no moral right to touch that report because the report indicts her person and the committee is set up by the President and not the minister. In a saner clime the Minister ought to resign because the report indicts her.
This attitude by some to assume anybody with differing opinion on issues is either being chauvinistic or paid agent is most baffling and it won't help argument because your mind is fixated. I raised some salient points which I expected you to take me on. Well, if you assume so, I am so glad to be doing my job. Have a gr8t week
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by SOHKAHTOA: 8:37pm On Oct 28, 2012
taharqa: Smone shld help me out here; i just want to be clear bout what this 'MASSIVE' fraud is about: 11 discretionary licenses were given, 3 of which were given by dis admin; and discretionary licenses, as d report said, are not illegal( even if a case can be made for its discontinuance- i dont kw if such is reflectd in d proposd PIB bill). Now, d real problem seem to be that the signature bonuses of d 11 licenses hv bn declard 'missing' by d report( which cud eida be that it was stolen OR dat it has just been reconcild). I usd d word 'Or' cos i was wondering how signature bonuses for licenses( including d 3) wud be outrightly stolen when these licenses where open even if given by d discretn of Minister or President; 2nd, wudnt it be a very foolish minister that wud appoint a committee made up of ppl like Ribadu, Agbakoba and others to reconcild payments systems bw govt and oil comps if she has just stolen an open thing like signature bonuses( we are nt talking bout kick-backs here which knowing wot i know bout d oil industry almost certainly wud hv bn involvd on all levels)...if this is what dis 'massive' fraud is all about, i say i wud wait 4 more info... I hweva support d call 4 d resignatn of d oil minister cos smone has got to tk responsibility for the subsidy fraud eida 4 collusn and/or incompetence or just tking responsibility for bn minister at d time; she shld also go so dat d strong forces who hv bn afta her even b4 she became minister of Pet wud no longa hv any excuse to try to derail important reforms going on in d sector. GEJ can then appoint anoda person 4rm d SS
I share in most part of your views and your thought as good as mine. I think we should wait for more information and revelation on this especially on the signature bonuses if truly they were missing.. For the minister resigning, I will say no to that for obvious reasons.. The minister met the subsidy regime as well as a very corrupt system. You won't expect her to abruptly put a hurt to the corruption which was almost institutionalised. If you had followed the subsidy debate, you would have understood that Alison Madueke, NOI and SLS were the protagonists of the removal as a surest way to put a hurt to the fraud and this was barely one year into her tenure as a minister. In as much as I am not her spokesman, we may need look beyond her to seek justice.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2012
Resign for what? A corrupt system that has been running since Abacha's days.
Last time I checked, subsidy is related to the downstream oil industry, Why has Ribadu and company shifted to OPLs and OMLs, what has oil prospecting got to do with importing petrol and kerosine. Same set of noise makers looking to play politics with a simple national assignment. We all know the subsidy system has been corrupt since Obasanjo's days, and makes no sense. To scrap it, people went on strike, now they are looking for scape goats. Lets start by prosecuting Obasanjo's for the oil licenses he gave out based on warped discretion to his cronies, then northern former military service Chiefs for the money they never worked for which is coming from oil blocks allocated by Abacha. I think then we can have a moral ground to make accusations on Allison Madueke.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by yohannazack(m): 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2012
Any move by any organisations or persons, is as gud as askin a mountain to relocate usin mere words whch is almost not possible. Well, may GOD grant their requests.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by pappy2000: 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: This attitude by some to assume anybody with differing opinion on issues is either being chauvinistic or paid agent is most baffling and it won't help argument because your mind is fixated. I raised some salient points which I expected you to take me on. Well, if you assume so, I am so glad to be doing my job. Have a gr8t week

Sir my mind is not fixated all I am saying is that this same tactics of yours is what put us in this mess,using the lapses in the law to make people who are corrupt go scot free.The fact that a person is assume innocent until proven guilty. The fact remains that this woman should be responsible of the action and inaction of her ministry.if the ministry has done exploit she will be the one to take the glory and if the ministry is bad she should take responsibility for that.You and I know that with the level of corruption in the oil indutry
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by taharqa: 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: I share in most part of your views and your thought as good as mine. I think we should wait for more information and revelation on this especially on the signature bonuses if truly they were missing.. For the minister resigning, I will say no to that for obvious reasons.. The minister met the subsidy regime as well as a very corrupt system. You won't expect her to abruptly put a hurt to the corruption which was almost institutionalised. If you had followed the subsidy debate, you would have understood that Alison Madueke, NOI and SLS were the protagonists of the removal as a surest way to put a hurt to the fraud and this was barely one year into her tenure as a minister. In as much as I am not her spokesman, we may need look beyond her to seek justice.
I undastad yr points but i bliv that ppl take responsibility on what happens under their watch, whether they contributd to it directly or not- we ought to be pushing this culture more often in Nigeria. I agree that she was one of those persons that wantd to clean d system by removing d corrupt subsidy system that has bn in place b4 her coming in but for almost a yr afta she enterd it continued and sm persons fleezd d nation
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by pappy2000: 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2012
KenGali: Resign for what? A corrupt system that has been running since Abacha's days.
Last time I checked, subsidy is related to the downstream oil industry, Why has Ribadu and company shifted to OPLs and OMLs, what has oil prospecting got to do with importing petrol and kerosine. Same set of noise makers looking to play politics with a simple national assignment. We all know the subsidy system has been corrupt since Obasanjo's days, and makes no sense. To scrap it, people went on strike, now they are looking for scape goats. Lets start by prosecuting Obasanjo's for the oil licenses he gave out based on warped discretion to his cronies, then northern former military service Chiefs for the money they never worked for which is coming from oil blocks allocated by Abacha. I think then we can have a moral ground to make accusations on Allison Madueke.
Firstly I think that the minister should resign,this does not mean she is guilty of the said offence,but that is the standard paratice in saner climes,when you are accused of corruption you resign your post and then go clear your name but in Nigeria the reverse is the case,do you know th pain and the tears we have in this country on a daily basis.this is not the time for grammer,this is the time for action,if GEJ is serious about the war on corruption he must start in his own backyard and fight his allies if they are corrupt.The fact that obasanjo and all former oil ministers who may have been directly and indirectly involved in this deal can not be apprended now does not mean we should not prosecute the current oil minister if we have concrete evidence to do so.To say that until you get all the criminals that are on the run that is when you will prosecute the ones that you have nabbed just does not make sense.I am sure if the oil minister is prosecuted then that will send a strong signal to everyone that there are indeed no scared cows
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by taharqa: 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
sheyguy:
The report they say had so many 'damning revelations'. If i may ask, under whose watch did the whole episode tøok place?
And what are d 'daming revelatns' plz and who perpetuatd it
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by taharqa: 9:37pm On Oct 28, 2012
pappy2000:
This is a woman that cannot tell us the amount of crude that is pumped ot daily.This is a woman that lied to the nation.to you she is the best performing minister.
Guy plz be informd b4 asserting things. This is not her fault at all, infact she shld be commended in dis respect. Nigeria has neva known d amount of crude she produces; it is actually under her that real moves are been made to rectify this. The PIB whose drafting she oversaw mks it compulsory for the 1st time dat oil companies must hv a metering system on dier platforms, And only recently d President orderd d reorganisatn of d almost moribund Weights and Measures into a dept in d Min of Trade and Industry and dier monitoring of crude oil liftings of oil platforms
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by pappy2000: 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
taharqa: Guy plz be informd b4 asserting things. This is not her fault at all, infact she shld be commended in dis respect. Nigeria has neva known d amount of crude she produces; it is actually under her that real moves are been made to rectify this. The PIB whose drafting she oversaw mks it compulsory for the 1st time dat oil companies must hv a metering system on dier platforms, And only recently d President orderd d reorganisatn of d almost moribund Weights and Measures into a dept in d Min of Trade and Industry and dier monitoring of crude oil liftings of oil platforms
Can I ask you a question,how many version of the PIB do we have,the version you are talking. About is the version which amkes the overall oil industry the private estate of the oil minister
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by taharqa: 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
pappy2000:
Can I ask you a question,how many version of the PIB do we have,the version you are talking. About is the version which amkes the overall oil industry the private estate of the oil minister
There is only one version of PIB dis time around( dat God) which is currently wit d National Assembly. Hw many versions do u know?.... And i dont get dis idea that d 'Minister' wud be too powerful in d current PIB; i mean i hv d bill and hv read it and cant get d context of d claim. Cud u point out to me in what ways d Minister's powers wud markedly increase both relative to d current powers in dat office and/or what is necessary for that office going forward( plz do not mk general statements; be specific- i wudn't mind a debate)?... Moreova, hw can d argument be made dat this Minister increasd her powers just for herself when she wont be in dat positn for more than 3 yrs? Can you mk any sense of dat? ...... Oh by d way, what does dis hv to do wit d proposd law mking it compulsory for oil companies to hv metering systems on dier platforms which wud help us know for d 1st time d quantity of crude we are producing( that was what we were discussing right?)
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by stolenstone: 6:30am On Oct 29, 2012
if this is what it looks like froggie-bulgie-eyes should be on her way out of the office, but then again that could be anoda utopian dream of mine cos corruption and incompetence seems to be more celebrated in this country than heroism and gallantism.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by member479760: 6:51am On Oct 29, 2012
Ribadu!!!
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 29, 2012
pappy2000:
Firstly I think that the minister should resign,this does not mean she is guilty of the said offence,but that is the standard paratice in saner climes,when you are accused of corruption you resign your post and then go clear your name but in Nigeria the reverse is the case,do you know th pain and the tears we have in this country on a daily basis.this is not the time for grammer,this is the time for action,if GEJ is serious about the war on corruption he must start in his own backyard and fight his allies if they are corrupt.The fact that obasanjo and all former oil ministers who may have been directly and indirectly involved in this deal can not be apprended now does not mean we should not prosecute the current oil minister if we have concrete evidence to do so.To say that until you get all the criminals that are on the run that is when you will prosecute the ones that you have nabbed just does not make sense.I am sure if the oil minister is prosecuted then that will send a strong signal to everyone that there are indeed no scared cows
You are very funny, who told you it's standard practice that when ever political jobbers like Ribadu make accusations, then someone should resign. My point is that the Subsidy fraud did not start in 2011. If you have had any contact with the downstream oil industry in the past you will know this. Infact the subsidy is the single most important factor that supported the indirect cannibalisation of the refineries. For anyone to stand up to make the kind of accusations I hear against the current administration, who started by scrapping the system, I think that person must be blind. If you want to sanitizer a system, start from the source. Yeah your strategy also sounds really smart, GEJ should sack any of his political associates that the opposition points fingers at, and then leave himself porous and open for a brutal overthrow. How about people like you and Ribadu head to court to initiate proceedings against the minister, thats what the courts are for, all those judges are not paid for fancy. If you know these accusations are so true, so convincingly true, I see no reason why it should not be in court. GEJ is a President not a judge, and the minister in question is not protected by Immunity.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by Gbawe: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2012
stolen stone: if this is what it looks like froggie-bulgie-eyes should be on her way out of the office, but then again that could be anoda utopian dream of mine cos corruption and incompetence seems to be more celebrated in this country than heroism and gallantism.

We all have to just accept that we are being sustained on a diet of crude leaders who operate with the mantra "it is our turn" to loot and feed fat.

One day, we will gain a President who actually has the genuine desire and talent to be President rather than all the stooges so far who were selected to ensure 'business as usual' is preserved. When Nigerians gain a President who genuinely deserves to be President, because he is visionary and places Nigerians first, we will all know it within a month. That is how transformational the office of president can be in the right hands.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by buJu234: 9:05am On Oct 29, 2012
she is the Kingpin; so jst as GEJ cant touch Otedola; same goes for this woman.

Have u heard of ALL GRACE oil company (bought Shell assets without bid); 7-energy (Technical partners to NPDC); Atlantic Energy (Technical partners to NPDC) ; Chorus energy LTd (bought Shell assets without bid); these companies all have links to this woman...

I used to think that when a woman is power things will change... but in Nigeria; plzzzzzzzzz trust no woman and man...
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by luluosas(m): 9:17am On Oct 29, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Can any one point at where the minister of petroleum was said to have been indicted? That corruption was purportedly to have been carried out in your ministry doesn't make you culpable as she's not God to know everything and why the essence of this committee led by nuhu ribadu. This is not holding brief for anybody but I think this call is not necessary until they got a concrete evidence linking the minister to the said shady deals.
Can you please ask yourself: Why is there scarcity of Petrol these days, and the government is doing nothing about it?
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by pappy2000: 9:33am On Oct 29, 2012
KenGali:
You are very funny, who told you it's standard practice that when ever political jobbers like Ribadu make accusations, then someone should resign. My point is that the Subsidy fraud did not start in 2011. If you have had any contact with the downstream oil industry in the past you will know this. Infact the subsidy is the single most important factor that supported the indirect cannibalisation of the refineries. For anyone to stand up to make the kind of accusations I hear against the current administration, who started by scrapping the system, I think that person must be blind. If you want to sanitizer a system, start from the source. Yeah your strategy also sounds really smart, GEJ should sack any of his political associates that the opposition points fingers at, and then leave himself porous and open for a brutal overthrow. How about people like you and Ribadu head to court to initiate proceedings against the minister, thats what the courts are for, all those judges are not paid for fancy. If you know these accusations are so true, so convincingly true, I see no reason why it should not be in court. GEJ is a President not a judge, and the minister in question is not protected by Immunity.

Firstly,you and I know that the reason Ribadu was appointed was because of his stance against corruptio. I believe that you also know that if you are. In developed world when strong accusation of corruption is made against you the path of honour is to resign and face the charges,don't get me wrong nobody is saying she is guilty but the path of honour is for her to resign and clear her name.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by Gbawe: 9:52am On Oct 29, 2012
pappy2000:

Firstly,you and I know that the reason Ribadu was appointed was because of his stance against corruptio. I believe that you also know that if you are. In developed world when strong accusation of corruption is made against you the path of honour is to resign and face the charges,don't get me wrong nobody is saying she is guilty but the path of honour is for her to resign and clear her name.

That is why I keep emphasizing that we must get our choice of President right. It is only the right President that can introduce the concept of leaders accepting responsibility for malfeasance/misrule or action abetting corruption that happened directly under their watch.

Too much has happened under Allison-Madueke for her to still be in her job if not that GEJ is himself a very corrupt individual who "does not give a damn" how unprincipled he appears. He cannot afford to get rid of his 'blank cheque' in Allison-Madueke. If Nigeria is even semi-sane, the woman would have gone ages ago. As NNPC boss, it was directly under her watch that marketers licence were issued to so many scammers who then went on to initiate , by far, the highest level of subsidy payment ever recorded in Nigerian history. Should that sort of thing be swept under the carpet if Nigeria is not a nation heading towards becoming a failed State?

I certainly think some have a case when they say GEJ is one of the most corrupt President in Nigeria's history.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 29, 2012
Gbawe:

That is why I keep emphasizing that we must get our choice of President right. It is only the right President that can introduce the concept of leaders accepting responsibility for malfeasance/misrule or action abetting corruption that happened directly under their watch.

Too much has happened under Allison-Madueke for her to still be in her job if not that GEJ is himself a very corrupt individual who "does not give a damn" how unprincipled he appears. He cannot afford to get rid of his 'blank cheque' in Allison-Madueke. If Nigeria is even semi-sane, the woman would have gone ages ago. As NNPC boss, it was directly under her watch that marketers licence were issued to so many scammers who then went on to initiate , by far, the highest level of subsidy payment ever recorded in Nigerian history. Should that sort of thing be swept under the carpet if Nigeria is not a nation heading towards becoming a failed State?

I certainly think some have a case when they say GEJ is one of the most corrupt President in Nigeria's history.

What exactly happened under her watch, be specific?
As for licence to import petrol, that has always been a scam. A scam started by Obasanjo's for his cronies. It extended to the licence to buy base oil from the refineries and the subsequent destruction of the FCC units at the refineries. so get your facts straight. Other people merely joined in a game that was being enjoyed by the few associated with Obasanjo. lets start from the right source of the problem.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by pappy2000: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2012
KenGali:

What exactly happened under her watch, be specific?
As for licence to import petrol, that has always been a scam. A scam started by Obasanjo's for his cronies. It extended to the licence to buy base oil from the refineries and the subsequent destruction of the FCC units at the refineries. so get your facts straight. Other people merely joined in a game that was being enjoyed by the few associated with Obasanjo. lets start from the right source of the problem.
I guess by your own write up you agree that there is so much corruption in the oil industry which predates this administration,but your line of argument is very laughable you said that other people joined obj cronies and since we can't get obj cronies for now,then the oil minister should continur her maladministration.It pathetic for young men to depend corruption in such a manner,so where is the hope for this country,we all know that corruption is problem of our nation.
I personally advocate a system that if you hold a public office and strong case of corruption is made against your person then you should be assumed guilty until proven innocent.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by Bukkyade: 11:16am On Oct 29, 2012
Gbawe:

The reason for the unnecessarily high payments was the increase in the cost of petrol in the international market,pls get your facts right,and by the way when you say it was under her direct watch that these fraudulent payments were made in NNPC you forget that she is just the head of the board of NNPC,there is a GMD who actually runs things there and if I recall correctly Austin Oniwon lost his job over that saga and the executive secretary of PPPRA also lost his job and was replaced with Reginald Stanley,the same also applied to PPMC,so since heads rolled in the different organizations that were directly responsible for this fraud why will you still be calling for the minister's resignation,if she is directly responsible for these things then you should be callig for the scrapping of these organizations instead,and something else when you say that she abrogated so much power to herself in the new PIB,what do you expect,that she should sell off our resources and their control to the outside world,don't you know that this is the age when resource producing countries try as much as possible to keep it on a tight leash,go to Venezuela,Saudi Arabia,Qatar and see how they control their resources,this woman cannot be there for more than the next three years or a little more,do not be biased in your reasoning.
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by taharqa: 11:36am On Oct 29, 2012
pappy2000:
I guess by your own write up you agree that there is so much corruption in the oil industry which predates this administration,but your line of argument is very laughable you said that other people joined obj cronies and since we can't get obj cronies for now,then the oil minister should continur her maladministration.It pathetic for young men to depend corruption in such a manner,so where is the hope for this country,we all know that corruption is problem of our nation.
I personally advocate a system that if you hold a public office and strong case of corruption is made against your person then you should be assumed guilty until proven innocent.
Thought we were hving a discussion on yr claim dat d proposed PIB made d oil industry 'a personal estate of d Minister' and yr claim that she shld resign over her not knowing d amount of crude producd? Plz dont mk claims in public that u cannot or do not hv d intention to defend.....by d way on dis particular comment, you cannot blame smone who met a broken system that he/she is trying to fix for the negative results of dat system whether b4 or during dat person's tenure except you hv Specific infractions that dat person did in d course of fixing it. This is common sense
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by Olaolufred(m): 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
mbulela:
The fact that you are baffled gives you away as slightly naive.
Where do you think GEJ's slush fund is coming from?
How do you think the election was funded?
As long as GEJ remains, that woman remains.By the way, there is nothing in that report that is news.
NNPC and the federal civil service are neck to neck in the epic corruption race.

I am waiting to see who will do the Usain Bolt thing among these two heavyweights. grin
Re: Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
ARRANT NONSENSE!!! Look at their NAMES sef --- Debo Adeniran; Adetokunbo Mumuni; Promise Adewusi; Jaye Gaskia; Yinka Odumakin; Tunde Bakare + the rest of them... Whenever you guys are done whinning, you can then go to Abuja to take over from her.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How to tackle the Problem of Corruption Cankerworm In Nigeria! / Breaking News!!!!!!! : Fuel To Sell At N57/litre ? / Lawyer Scaled Fence Into Office, Stole $40,000 – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.