Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State (39592 Views)

The Inner Streets Of Aba Are Becoming Relatively Neater_pics / Setraco Inspects Aba Roads,Delivers City Blue Print.(photos) / 4 Weeks In Power : Ikpeazu Changing The Face Of Aba Roads_igberetv.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ypzilanti: 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
A friend who recently visited Aba Township was so disgusted that he sent me these pictures via BB.

I have nothing more to say. A picture is worth a thousand words.

What bothers me more is that the people are 'managing' inside this filth, when they should have started a revolution or something. na wah.

Dear Governor, what did you say you are doing with the state funds again?

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
A people get the gov't they deserve; seeing the levels of decay in that state, you and i are now left to wonder why Ndiabia haven't carried out some kind of 'occupy' protests or civil disobedience to sack the current gov't in the state....waiting patiently till 2015 may be too late, and by then the rot and damage may be irreversible.

Also, if not the civil populace, why haven't members of the state house of assembly impeached that man ?

If not for the fact that my Mum is from that state, i'd have said they're getting no more than they deserve, and that they can all go to hell!; a more placid set of brothers and sisters i'm yet to see. angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Dsage1: 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2012
Lord have mercy. But I doubt if governor is aware of these roads.

@op, are those pictures of the major roads in the city or what?
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ifyalways(f): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
Aba have always been a neglected city, like so many other cities within the country.

What irks me about the residents and perhaps makes their case unique is that ndi Aba don't care. They are so very comfortable in the filth, bad roads, zero development. Its frightening undecided
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nightshift(m): 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
Those aren't roads but craters. I weep for great Enyimba City of the 80s. I wonder what has become of the then clean and wide Aba-Owerri Rd, Asa Rd, the then smooth Okigwe Rd, Eziukwu Rd, Hospital Rd, Milverton Avenue, Jubilee Rd, Azikiwe Rd, Ikot Ekpene Rd and those fashionable streets at GRA by Okigwe Rd and around Eziama High Sch./ Enitona Hotel?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by salam001(m): 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
And then i thought Onitsha was the worse in south-east until i met Aba,Aba is only second to Nekede,Owerri

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Osama10(m): 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
Aba roads are death traps.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by felifeli: 7:31pm On Oct 28, 2012
SMH for Biafra embarassed
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by EkoAtlantic: 7:35pm On Oct 28, 2012
O boy, see as road smooth

Jaguar(car)~ 200KM/Hour
Clean environment
grin cheesy grin

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by EkoAtlantic: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
felifeli: SMH for Biafra embarassed
Bad bele.
Be happy for innovative people
In Biafra we stand cool
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by advocate666: 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
Please don't blame the artificial state. Blame the nigerian govt and their program of consistently keeping the igbos down. If we had our igbo country, this will not exist. Fight for your freedom because no one else would do it for you.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Ibime(m): 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2012
Aba roads have always been poor. I was shocked when my dad took me to Ariaria in the early 90s. This one I'm seeing here is even better than back then.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by mcnepow(m): 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2012
advocate666: Please don't blame the artificial state. Blame the nigerian govt and their program of consistently keeping the igbos down. If we had our igbo country, this will not exist. Fight for your freedom because no one else would do it for you.

Pls explain what u mean by the following. . .

1. Artificial state

2. Keeping the igbos down

Eko Atlantic: O boy, see as road smooth

Jaguar(car)~ 200KM/Hour

Clean environment
grin cheesy grin
Eko Atlantic, u are O.Y.O grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by geeez: 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2012
Igbo kwenu!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by salam001(m): 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2012
felifeli: SMH for Biafra embarassed
May amadioha god of thunder and lightening send that your head rolling on the ground,what's biafra's own here?
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Jisunpack: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
The "Japan" of Africa! The ingenuity and innovation of ibo people.
May be na Awolowo say make FG no allow them do the roads.

I laugh in biafra.

14 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Jisunpack: 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
No be una talk say biafra na Eldorado?

salam001: May amadioha god of thunder and lightening send that your head rolling on the ground,what's biafra's own here?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by geeez: 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2012
salam001: May amadioha god of thunder and lightening send that your head rolling on the ground,what's biafra's own here?

Don't mind him jare. He doesn't realize that Aba is not in Biafra grin

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2012
Igbo kwenu! grin grin grin
Biafra= Dubai of Africa...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
Eko Atlantic: O boy, see as road smooth

Jaguar(car)~ 200KM/Hour
Clean environment
grin cheesy grin

LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2012
Osama10: Aba roads are death traps.

For where? Aba has the BEST network of roads South of Sahara.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by ghettodreamz(m): 8:11pm On Oct 28, 2012
Na wa oooo sad sad sad
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by salam001(m): 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
geeez:
Don't mind him jare. He doesn't realize that Aba is not in Biafra grin
am i suppose to laugh?is it worse than ibadan,which still holds the record 4 the dirtiest in Africa
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by dasparrow: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
@Post

Lord have mercy! what is this? Please you people should take this down from the front page. This is an embarrassment to Nigeria as a country. And we sadly call ourselves 'giant of Africa.' I guess we are the giant of filth.
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by geeez: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2012
salam001: am i suppose to laugh?is it worse than ibadan,which still holds the record 4 the dirtiest in Africa

Post a ranking or pictures please. Until then, Aba holds the title

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
salam001: am i suppose to laugh?is it worse than ibadan,which still holds the record 4 the dirtiest in Africa
May Sango god thunder strike your dirty lying mouth, I don't know of any road worse like this in Ibadan not even in Saki..
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
The whole of SE is one poverty ravaged foul smelling big village. See road, see building, see people! Chei!!! Let me go and vomit o.
I will be back.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
I'v got somfin for you all check the link below
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Jettage: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
I have heard Igbo People Called other tribes Dirty People, Especially the goons who live in Lagos, They have turned every corner of the street to market and their palm wine villagers drags a wheel barrow on the streets selling unthinkable things, The most anoying are the ones who claim to sell what they call gospel music or music of nameless genre with a loud speakers and generators that disturbs public peace.

Thank God for Fashola who drove them off the Yaba Railway, They harass girls in the name of selling Okrika, They have destroyed south west the way they messed up the road in Pictures.
we can tell from the pictures that they have a pathological history of dirt and debris. Yet many of them especially those who live in rented apartment in Lagos are to proud to accept their dirty status,

You can curse your Fathers in your replies. I don't give a Hoot. Only those who live in Abia can boast NOT those who are too ashamed to return

Awon Oloorun

17 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
T.A Orji,ihere megbu o gi! WTF is he still doing in government house? They should have longed kicked his passive a$$ out of office.The man no try at all! Aba people sef no send.odikwa egwu!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by samallaydyce: 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
i plan to go to aba tomorow,hope dis is not the road where they sell GA R R I?
Re: Pictures Of Aba Roads: I Weep For My State by salam001(m): 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
geeez:

Post a ranking or pictures please. Until then, Aba holds the title
then you have to wait forever because no way will i download and upload virus ibadan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa / Zahra Buhari's Husband Surprises Her With Birthday Cake At Their Wedding / Oshiomhole’s Removal: Court Makes Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.