Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (116409 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
johnw74:

those who believe God and do what He says, Love God
those who don't believe God and don't do what He says, hate God

(Exo 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
(Exo 20:5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

I'm Done arguing
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
brocab:
So what you are saying these statues are portraying someone you know, who are praying over you?
Did you know bowing down or kissing the feet of these statues is against the eye's of God.
Have you not read {Leviticus 26:1} "Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourself, and do not place a craved stone in your land to bow down before it, I Am the Lord your God.
The Vatican is a good example-having sacred craved images made of stone across Rome-all around the world, nearly every believing Catholic, have clay images of above-you yourselves bow down praying and kissing these images to remind you of a somewhat godly present..
Do you ever read the bible-{Exodus 20:3-5} "You shall not have no other gods before Me, You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. "You shall not worship them or serve them.
Again you claim you bow down to these images to remind you of the Saints-and these statues portray are watching over you.
Do you know-becoming a born again believer-I don't need images to remind me God exist-I believe He is alive in my soul heart and mind, I pray to the invisible God [Colossians 1:15}
Jesus said, when you pray, go into your room and pray to the Father in Heaven, did you know, if you pray directly to God, you will have a direct line into His throne room. You won't need to ask any images of saints to intercede for you, because the Lord had given us access straight to His Father. You want your answers answered, then pray directly to God-without the rosaries-without the portraying of the images, just pray directly to Him.

Thanks a lot
I'd really appreciate you
We don't worship images or Idols and there's nothing bad in bowing down to them. You can't tell me bowing down to greet an Elder means you're worshipping him.
Imma hold on to what I Know!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
brocab:
You have no worries we do pray for the Catholic's, and we pray directly to the invisible God.
We don't need images of statues to remind us-their was a godly presents back in the day's of Mary and the saints, 'do you know, we now have that same Godly presents now-we have the Holy Spirit leading us, we don't need to pray to statues, that may portray someone you may have known.
Jesus said: {Matthew 18:20} when two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.
This verse is quite simple to understand, we pray to or for the living-praying to statues that remind you they are portraying someone you know, is praying to the dead.
God is the God of the living.

Yeah, I gotta appreciate you Bro.
Love the way you're taking the issue, you're a Real one
But that doesn't mean imma yield to what you've said.

JESUS CHRIST Revealed himself to Saint Maria Faustina and he instructed her to paint a picture of him which should be used when reciting the Three O'clock Prayer of Divine Mercy! Does that mean we're worshipping the Image of Jesus Christ??
No, we're worshipping GOD.
Just like an apparatus that'll aid in carrying a project.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2017
Dahustler007:

Thanks a lot
We don't worship images or Idols and there's nothing bad in bowing down to them. You can't tell me bowing down to greet an Elder means you're worshipping him.

@bold, not to you, a Bible disbelieving God hater, even though God said you shall not bow down to them:
(Exo 20:4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
(Exo 20:5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Dahustler007(m): 1:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
johnw74:

there seems nothing bad to u a God hater, even though God said you shall not bow down to them:

Bro. You're not GOD to tell who hates or Loves Him
Only GOD can Judge us
Just Hold On to what You Believe
Let others Hold on to what they Believe
We Throwing Shots at each Other's Believe makes
No Point.

Growing-up I knew I was Serving a Living GOD now you telling me all my Life I've been Serving Idols.... It's all Cool... Say what you Feel about the Catholic Church that won't Change Nothing.

I WAS BORN A CATHOLIC, I'LL DIE A CATHOLIC AND LEMME PERISH IN HELL IF BEING A CATHOLIC MEANS I HATE GOD!!!!

Twas nice meeting y'all, I'm done talking..
GOD Bless Us All
I won't answer any quote

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2017
johnw74:

i said child sexual abuse comes from satan,
and un Bibical doctrine that is part of rcc is from satan

but dictus, u roman catholics love to twist things around-lie:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

This is what you said,

with the rcc being rife with priests comitting
sexual assault on children
it's clear that their god-their originator of church
doctrine which goes against God's word, is
satan.

it is still fall actions.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
Think about-what you had just said: Maria Faustina claims Christ revealed Himself to her, in the bible it already say's we can't make any images.
A picture painting is another image just the same as your stone images-they are painted to look like the persons.
{Exodus 20:4} is as clear as it can be, God said: we can't make any images of above on earth and under the earth, and bow down too them.
You say: Maria Faustina was asked by Christ to paint an image of Himself-at 3 O clock-everybody stops and prays the divine mercy? Obviously the painting has power within-it encourages Catholic's all over the world to pray the divine mercy at three O clock on the dot.
My answer to your question, 'is yes" you are obviously praying to a visible image of Christ, at three-and not to the invisible God. Maybe you should try to pray to the invisible God. at three, without looking at the image.
We have no differences between a painting of Jesus or a statue of Jesus-they are both images-Maria Faustina had caused the Church to fall into idolatry, Maria painted images of Jesus from her own personal view, the fact is, she disobeyed the Word of God.
And plus in {Revelation 1:14-15} the bible describes Jesus, His hair on His head was white like wool, white like snow, His eye's are like a blazing fire, His feet are like brass burnt in a fire, the image you pray too, isn't the Jesus in the bible.
Dahustler007:

JESUS CHRIST Revealed himself to Saint Maria Faustina and he instructed her to paint a picture of him which should be used when reciting the Three O'clock Prayer of Divine Mercy! Does that mean we're worshipping the Image of Jesus Christ??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:10am On Aug 16, 2017
Dahustler007:

if anyone appeared to a woman and told her to paint me,
it was satan not Jesus, satan has probably appeared as mary too,
at fatima etc.etc.

speaking of rcc:
(2Co 11:13)  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
(2Co 11:14)  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
(2Co 11:15)  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

JESUS CHRIST Revealed himself to Saint Maria Faustina and he instructed her to paint a picture of him which should be used when reciting the Three O'clock Prayer of Divine Mercy!

cheesy

gullible roman catholics believe anything and everything the evil roman catholic church has told them
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:27am On Aug 16, 2017
Dahustler007:

it's God who said that u people who make the things he said not to,
and who bow down to them "hate Him"

God said it, and of course I agree with Him, and of course u don't believe Him,
a God hater wouldn't believe Him

Dahustler007:

Only GOD can Judge us
No Point.

Growing-up I knew I was Serving a Living GOD now you telling me all my Life I've been Serving Idols.... It's all Cool... Say what you Feel about the Catholic Church that won't Change Nothing.

I WAS BORN A CATHOLIC, I'LL DIE A CATHOLIC AND LEMME PERISH IN HELL IF BEING A CATHOLIC MEANS I HATE GOD!!!!

GOD Bless Us All
I won't answer any quote

@bold, that's your choice, and those who don't believe God will perish in hell-be thrown into the Lake Of Fire

Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:34am On Aug 16, 2017
Nodding your head to a living elder-isn't the same as nodding your head down to a stone statue?
You don't pray "TO" the elder, but you pray "TO" the statue, asking it "TO" pray for you.
Bowing down or nodding your head to statues is a sign of worship, bowing down or nodding your head to the living is a sign of respect, I am sure you wouldn't bend down to kiss the feet of the elder, but yet you would rather kiss the feet of a stone image?
Is the statue living? "No" but is the elder living "Yes" Jesus ask us to pray "FOR" each other-He also said: pray "TO" the Father.
God had said: do not pray-to statues-idol's, images, but go into your room and pray directly to the Father in heaven, we pray to the invisible God. I don't need to see an image when I pray-I already believe Jesus is living in my soul heart and mind
The Catholic's do the opposite to the bible-it must be hard not accepting Christ into your heart soul and mind-I suppose a statue would be ok for someone like you-who is spirituality dead, and of course you need some support to remind you God exist.
You should ask Christ into your life-you may understand the differences-we have with the Lord.
Dahustler007:

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:44am On Aug 16, 2017
Ubenedictus:

This is what you said,

with the rcc being rife with priests comitting
sexual assault on children
it's clear that their god-their originator of church
doctrine which goes against God's word, is
satan.

it is still fall actions.

yes dictus, for about the third time, i did say that, and of course it is true

rcc priests comitting sexual assult on children is from satan
and it's also clear that the rcc doctrines that go against God's word is also from satan

see dictus, how disbelieving God and hating God causes u great confusion

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

^^^ of course that leaves out the rcc being a church of the saints

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 1:48am On Aug 16, 2017
(2Th 2:10)  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
(2Th 2:11)  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
(2Th 2:12)  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

delusion abounds in the roman catholic church:
they hate the truth-God's Word, and they love their false doctrines that oppose the Bible,
and because of that God has sent then delusion that they should believe the lies that they love,
and that they all might be dammed who believed not the truth:

Dahustler007:

^^^ being a roman catholic does mean u hate God, but u don't believe Him, of course.

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 3:01am On Aug 16, 2017
the false goddess, the queen of heaven, was worshipped long ago, angering God
and the roman catholics today call mary, the queen of heaven

Jer_7:18  The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

roman catholics say that mary is the queen of heaven,
the queen of heaven is a false goddess that roman catholice pray to, to pray to God for them,
do you think God hears the prayers of a false goddess, that doesn't exist in reality
do u think that God hears the prayers of roman catholics when they pray to God through a goddess that doesn't exist

of course not, those with the spirit of satan-Bible and God haters, pray to their false gods, people and angels,
and others that never even existed cheesy

those with God's Spirit pray to God only:

Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

^^^ sons pray to Father
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 5:52am On Aug 16, 2017
1Ti 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

^^^ the roman catholic church is the worlds main teacher in the doctrines of devils, while opposing the Bible,
such as believing their demonic doctrine of making things God said not to make, and bowing down to them,
and rejecting God's word which says not to do those things.

2Co 4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 

(Eph 6:10)  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

(Eph 6:11)  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

(Eph 6:12)  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

without God's word the roman catholics don't wrestle against spiritual wickedness in high places,
they are one with it.

Christians can have the full armour of the Lord
which includes Truth, Faith, and the word of God,
these are just three things that roman catholics don't have and which roman catholics hate,
such as in blue above, they don't have the truth because they don't believe what God said, and so they don't have the word of God, and as Faith is God given, and He doesn't give it to those who reject His word and to those that hate Him, they don't have Faith either.

(Eph 6:11)  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
(Eph 6:12)  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
(Eph 6:13)  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
(Eph 6:14)  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
(Eph 6:15)  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
(Eph 6:16)  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
(Eph 6:17)  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 7:45am On Aug 16, 2017
What you aren't understanding is-we are trying to help you, to show you that every bible scripture is inspired by the written Word of God, we aren't mocking you-we are explaining to you-how important it is to test every spirit, many people have wondered away from the truth, because of lack of knowledge.
There are people from all walks of life-with a desire to be religious, but not enough to dig in, and study the bible, many people would find a priest, a preacher, and trust him, what ever he say's, they depend upon him, people believe he is their man of God, in the sense beyond the biblical, They believe what he say's; it must be right-they trust his answers to every question, resting the salvation of their souls in him, some may read a little of the bible, but in most cases they don't.
This is not a wise idea, because no man is infallible, regardless on how much you love someone, that affection does not make them infallible, Men may prove themselves to be educated eloquent charming and fill buildings with people, yet they remain fallible capable of error.
Those in Berea searched the scriptures daily, to see if what they were hearing was true to God's Word {Acts 17:11}
John and Peter both warned the false teachers, and Jesus said: they may come to us in sheep's clothing {Matthew 7:15, 1 John 4:1, 2 Peter 2:1} John said: our duty is to "test the spirits" and Paul said: "test everything" { 1 Thessalonians 5:21}
There is one body of religious instructions that should govern all that we believe, teach and practice.
{That is the Word of God} nothing should be accepted as true, nothing should be practice or recommended-unless it was taught in the Word of God.
Each individual must take this obligation seriously.
Johnw74 and I-take the Word of God seriously, we are led by the spirit of the Lord-to preach the truth to the nations, meaning you, take the bible seriously-it will save your life.
Dahustler007:

Only GOD can Judge us
No Point.

GOD Bless Us All
I won't answer any quote

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:05am On Aug 16, 2017
johnw74:

yes dictus, for about the third time, i did say that, and of course it is true

rcc priests comitting sexual assult on children is from satan
and it's also clear that the rcc doctrines that go against God's word is also from satan

see dictus, how disbelieving God and hating God causes u great confusion

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

^^^ of course that leaves out the rcc being a church of the saints

And your church is the Church of the saints right. Free from sin.

God save us from hypocrites.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:02am On Aug 17, 2017
Ubenedictus:

@bold, thank u 4 saying that dictus, and i agree with u for once
the other is of course just more typically confused garbage-lies and false accusing from u, rc dictus

1Co_14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:55am On Aug 17, 2017
of course a church that doesn't believe or obey God's word, such as the roman catholic church,
has satan as it's god

of course a church that believes it's own doctrine over the Bible,
has satan as it's god

God, is the God of the Bible, and the God of Christians

satan, is the god of the roman catholic church, and the god of roman catholics

Speaking of rcc-rc's:

(1Ti 4:1)  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

(1Ti 4:2)  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

(1Ti 4:3)  Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 1:32am On Aug 17, 2017
Johnw74 It's always the problem hey bro-with religious people they always see "US" as their enemy, only because of their lack of knowledge, they show no understanding about the Word of God-religion has a habit hiding behind it's self, the truth is religion closes their hearts from the Word of God, only if religion knew the spirit of God-they themselves wouldn't be in this mess religion is in now.
As we know it to be, religious people themselves have no future-religious people expects the world to follow after it's own kind-Pope Francis said: you don't have to believe in Jesus-as long as you do good works, heaven is standing at your door.
Satan uses religion, as one of his greatest tools used to destroy man kind.
Religion denies the Word of God, shuts it down-end of digestion.
Religion uses unscriptual garbage, religion is against all truth-religion is already condemned.
Religion stops the world to seek after Christ-religion can only seek after the world as we know it, religion don't read-nor does it study-religion can't save, nor is it the Word of God, religion deceives, religion lies, religion hates, religion controls, religion wars, religion murders, religion molest, religion rapes, religion sacrifice babies, religion kidnaps, religion thieves, religion does not love, religion builds idol's, religion stops people praying directly to God, all in the name of religion and the world can only follow after it's own kind.
007 said: he was born a religious Catholic and he will die as a religious Catholic-obviously religion has 007 by the balls-and ready for his place in hell, 007 won't be alone, all his religious comrades will comfort him enjoying there holiday's in the hot sun..
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 1:41am On Aug 17, 2017
Does this mean Uben had finely come to her/his senses?
johnw74:

@bold, thank u 4 saying that dictus, and i agree with u for once
the other is of course just more typically confused garbage-lies and false accusing from u, rc dictus

1Co_14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 3:05am On Aug 17, 2017
brocab:
Does this mean Uben had finely come to her/his senses?

no bro, dictus was being sarcastic, lying-falsely accusing, again

i said thank you, not because he was being sincere, but because his statment(bolded) in reality is true

Ubenedictus:

the church of the saints is also free from sin in Christ,
but dictus wouldn't understand or believe any of that

he good false accuser though smiley
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 5:40am On Aug 17, 2017
Uben had always felt above everybody else, every Catholic I have met over the years are all the same, they believe their religion started all religion.
The problem with religion is, they believe only because they have seen images of Christ, with blue eye's and golden blonde hair, and stands 6 foot tall-without these images-none of them would believe, it is impossible for everybody to believe without accepting Christ into their lives and receiving the spirit of God.
{John 20:29} Jesus said: because you have seen Me-you have believed, bless are those who have not seen Me, and yet have believed.
Religion hates the invisible God-if the Catholic Church really believed in the invisible God, than the Church wouldn't have to build images to prove otherwise.
Have you heard of the old saying-I won't believe it-until I see it first. Every time one enters into a Catholic Church-who are the images they see and believe.
johnw74:

no bro, dictus was being sarcastic, lying-falsely accusing, again

i said thank you, not because he was being sincere, but because his statment(bolded) in reality is true

the church of the saints is also free from sin in Christ,
but dictus wouldn't understand or believe any of that

he good false accuser though smiley

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 7:20am On Aug 17, 2017
brocab:
Uben had always felt above everybody else, every Catholic I have met over the years are all the same, they believe their religion started all religion.
The problem with religion is, they believe only because they have seen images of Christ, with blue eye's and golden blonde hair, and stands 6 foot tall-without these images-none of them would believe, it is impossible for everybody to believe without accepting Christ into their lives and receiving the spirit of God.
{John 20:29} Jesus said: because you have seen Me-you have believed, bless are those who have not seen Me, and yet have believed.
Religion hates the invisible God-if the Catholic Church really believed in the invisible God, than the Church wouldn't have to build images to prove otherwise.
Have you heard of the old saying-I won't believe it-until I see it first. Every time one enters into a Catholic Church-who are the images they see and believe.

yeah bro, no one knows exactly how Jesus looked, but being jewish on His mothers side
it's unlikely He had blue eyes, and He didn't have long hair like a woman as is depicted of Him in many paintings

1Co_11:14  Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
^^^ Paul would not have said that if Jesus had long hair.

u were right bro in describing how Jesus looks now in His immortal body:

(Rev 1:13)  There was someone like the Son of Man among the lamp stands. He was wearing a robe that reached his feet. He wore a gold belt around his waist.

(Rev 1:14)  His head and his hair were white like wool-like snow. His eyes were like flames of fire.

(Rev 1:15)  His feet were like glowing bronze refined in a furnace. His voice was like the sound of raging waters.
(Rev 1:16)  In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp, two-edged sword. His face was like the sun when it shines in all its brightness.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2017
Ubenedictus:

@bold,
the roman catholic church with many of it's priests sexually assaulting children,
certinally isn't the church of the saints, but is the church of satan.

the roman catholic church that puts it's doctrines first before God's word,
certinally isn't the church of the saints, but is the church of satan.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 1:27am On Aug 18, 2017
And with the description Revelation had given us-Jesus's feet were like bronze in a furnace-when bronze burns it's black-Joseph was called in a dream-to take Mary and the Child to Egypt-and wait there until the Lord calls, the Egyptians back then were black-and if Jesus was white with blue eye's, Herod would easily pick Him out from the crowd.
How about the story when Judas gave up Jesus-the Pharisees couldn't recognise Jesus-they hated Jesus, and yet they asked Judas-which one is He, Judas said the one I kiss is He. If Jesus was white-the Pharisees wouldn't have any problems picking Jesus out from the crowd, instead they asked Judas which one is He.
How about the story when Jesus hid Himself in the crowd-so the Pharisees and scribes couldn't find Him. The Catholic Church had surely twisted their doctrines-they have given Jesus a new identity-one that doesn't match up with the Word of God. And plus It's quite strange hating somebody you don't even know..
The Jews in this day and age-have mixed cultures, some are blacker then others-some have white skin. if Jesus looked like these descriptions the Church had describe Him to be-than why the many different pictures painted of Jesus, Mary and the saints-why are all the statues different from the other? There is only one reason to this question, because none of their descriptions describes any of the above.
Have you ever wondered in this day and age why the Catholic Church refuses the Word of God-Jesus's true colour is either black or blown?
We have heard time and time again-Catholic's actually believe they are above all, Catholic's need these artifacts from the past-images of god's-goddess, just to keeps that old pagan tradition alive, none of them reflect to Christ, nor Mary nor any of the saints.
Its a control thing bro-the Church control the people-and everyone who disbelieves-were either castrated from the past, Pope Francis is trying to call all Churches together joining the church once again, Pope Francis wants the control-in the New World Religion-under the New World Order. The past is now the future.
{John 20:29} "Because you have seen Me, you have believed, blessed are those who have not seen Me, and believed.
johnw74:

yeah bro, no one knows exactly how Jesus looked, but being jewish on His mothers side
it's unlikely He had blue eyes, and He didn't have long hair like a woman as is depicted of Him in many paintings

1Co_11:14  Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
^^^ Paul would not have said that if Jesus had long hair.

u were right bro in describing how Jesus looks now in His immortal body:

(Rev 1:13)  There was someone like the Son of Man among the lamp stands. He was wearing a robe that reached his feet. He wore a gold belt around his waist.

(Rev 1:14)  His head and his hair were white like wool-like snow. His eyes were like flames of fire.

(Rev 1:15)  His feet were like glowing bronze refined in a furnace. His voice was like the sound of raging waters.
(Rev 1:16)  In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp, two-edged sword. His face was like the sun when it shines in all its brightness.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 2:57am On Aug 18, 2017
brocab:
And with the description Revelation had given us-Jesus's feet were like bronze in a furnace-when bronze burns it's black-Joseph was called in a dream-to take Mary and the Child to Egypt-and wait there until the Lord calls, the Egyptians back then were black-and if Jesus was white with blue eye's, Herod would easily pick Him out from the crowd.
How about the story when Judas gave up Jesus-the Pharisees couldn't recognise Jesus-they hated Jesus, and yet they asked Judas-which one is He, Judas said the one I kiss is He. If Jesus was white-the Pharisees wouldn't have any problems picking Jesus out from the crowd, instead they asked Judas which one is He.
How about the story when Jesus hid Himself in the crowd-so the Pharisees and scribes couldn't find Him. The Catholic Church had surely twisted their doctrines-they have given Jesus a new identity-one that doesn't match up with the Word of God. And plus It's quite strange hating somebody you don't even know..
The Jews in this day and age-have mixed cultures, some are blacker then others-some have white skin. if Jesus looked like these descriptions the Church had describe Him to be-than why the many different pictures painted of Jesus, Mary and the saints-why are all the statues different from the other? There is only one reason to this question, because none of their descriptions describes any of the above.
Have you ever wondered in this day and age why the Catholic Church refuses the Word of God-Jesus's true colour is either black or blown?
We have heard time and time again-Catholic's actually believe they are above all, Catholic's need these artifacts from the past-images of god's-goddess, just to keeps that old pagan tradition alive, none of them reflect to Christ, nor Mary nor any of the saints.
Its a control thing bro-the Church control the people-and everyone who disbelieves-were either castrated from the past, Pope Francis is trying to call all Churches together joining the church once again, Pope Francis wants the control-in the New World Religion-under the New World Order. The past is now the future.
{John 20:29} "Because you have seen Me, you have believed, blessed are those who have not seen Me, and believed.

i don't think it matters if two thousand years ago
Jesus and jews were white or black, or in between,
He didn't have blue eyes and long hair as portrayed by rcc and most others

Jesus feet in His immortal state are described in revelation as being like "fine brass" or "glowing bronze"
which is a gold colour or similar to polished copper and brass,

KJV Rev 1:15  And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; ....
GW Rev 1:15  His feet were like glowing bronze refined in a furnace. ....

"fine brass "glowing bronze"
G5474
χαλκαλίβανον
chalkalibanon
khal-kol-ib'-an-on
Neuter of a compound of G5475 and G3030 (in the implied mean of whiteness or brilliancy); burnished(polished) copper, an alloy of copper (or gold) and silver having a brilliant lustre: - fine brass.
Total KJV occurrences: 2

"burned in a furnace" "refined in a furnace"
G4448
πυρόω
puroō
poo-ro'-o
From G4442; to kindle, that is, (passively) to be ignited, glow (literally), be refined (by implication), or (figuratively) to be inflamed (with anger, grief, lust): - burn, fiery, be on fire, try.
Total KJV occurrences: 6
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 7:50am On Aug 18, 2017
Well if you look at copper, bronze-it isn't white-Jesus wasn't recognisable-as what the Catholic's had made Him to be-He wasn't easy to pick out of the crowd-the pharisees who had seen Him, couldn't find Him-they needed help from Judas.
It does matter-to the believers today-how the bible describes Jesus-{Isaiah 53:2-10} For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground, He has no form of comeliness, and when we see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him, He is despised and rejected by men, A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; and we hid, as it were, our faces from Him, He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
It does matter how the Catholic Church had identified Jesus, they had completely given Jesus a new identity.
Jesus said: you believed because you have seen Me-blessed are those who have not seen Me, and believed. False images or information will always lead people up the wrong path.
Hows is this verse-{John 5:43} I have come in My Fathers name-and you do not accept Me-But if someone else comes in his own name you will accept him.
Lets look at this verse-Jesus had come in His own Name-and the world had rejected Him. The Pope had come in his own name-and the world had accepted him. Isn't this true? It is important how we describe Jesus-the world see's Pope Francis as the god on earth.
johnw74:

i don't think it matters if two thousand years ago
Jesus and jews were white or black, or in between,
He didn't have blue eyes and long hair as portrayed by rcc and most others

Jesus feet in His immortal state are described in revelation as being like "fine brass" or "glowing bronze"
which is a gold colour or similar to polished copper and brass,

KJV Rev 1:15  And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; ....
GW Rev 1:15  His feet were like glowing bronze refined in a furnace. ....

"fine brass "glowing bronze"
G5474
χαλκαλίβανον
chalkalibanon
khal-kol-ib'-an-on
Neuter of a compound of G5475 and G3030 (in the implied mean of whiteness or brilliancy); burnished(polished) copper, an alloy of copper (or gold) and silver having a brilliant lustre: - fine brass.
Total KJV occurrences: 2

"burned in a furnace" "refined in a furnace"
G4448
πυρόω
puroō
poo-ro'-o
From G4442; to kindle, that is, (passively) to be ignited, glow (literally), be refined (by implication), or (figuratively) to be inflamed (with anger, grief, lust): - burn, fiery, be on fire, try.
Total KJV occurrences: 6
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 10:07am On Aug 18, 2017
brocab:
Well if you look at copper, bronze-it isn't white-Jesus wasn't recognisable-as what the Catholic's had made Him to be-He wasn't easy to pick out of the crowd-the pharisees who had seen Him, couldn't find Him-they needed help from Judas.
It does matter-to the believers today-how the bible describes Jesus-{Isaiah 53:2-10} For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground, He has no form of comeliness, and when we see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him, He is despised and rejected by men, A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; and we hid, as it were, our faces from Him, He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
It does matter how the Catholic Church had identified Jesus, they had completely given Jesus a new identity.
Jesus said: you believed because you have seen Me-blessed are those who have not seen Me, and believed. False images or information will always lead people up the wrong path.
Hows is this verse-{John 5:43} I have come in My Fathers name-and you do not accept Me-But if someone else comes in his own name you will accept him.
Lets look at this verse-Jesus had come in His own Name-and the world had rejected Him. The Pope had come in his own name-and the world had accepted him. Isn't this true? It is important how we describe Jesus-the world see's Pope Francis as the god on earth.

the brass-bronze reference is to Jesus immortal spirit body
not to His fleh human body, it is diffrent, i would say it's how the Word of God looked before He became man
and as he now again looks:

(Rev 1:14) His head and his hair were white like wool-like snow. His eyes were like flames of fire.

(Rev 1:15) His feet were like glowing bronze refined in a furnace. ....
.... His face was like the sun when it shines in all its brightness.

even though it is actually Jesus Angel, i reckon He also looks like Jesus,
He has all of the authority of Jesus and talks as if He is Jesus

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ok, I hope we are on the same track explaining this topic with each other-I assure you I am not in argument with you-but If we look at a bigger picture-it is important how Jesus is described to the world, most people see Jesus images before they would even think of believing in Jesus Himself, having a false outlook of Jesus can turn the world around, and when the Antichrist comes in full view-he will show himself the way the world see's Jesus. Look at the Pope-he shows himself as the god of the world-another false image, And who will follow after the beast.
The artifact's we have seen of the Egyptians-in paintings or other artifacts they found in the past-none were white-some are black, and some tan, blown colour-Jesus wasn't white-the heat of the day-would have changed any mans colour-Joseph Mary and Jesus blended in with the Egyptians when Herod was looking for him, the Jesus the Catholic's had describe Him to be-white-is given Jesus a hole new identity, blonde hair blue eye's, this isn't the description we retrieve in spirit, nor is it His description when He roamed the land.

Moses up on the mount didn't see God-as the bible tells us no-one had seen God at anytime-but the Lord sent an angel in the presents of God. {10 commandments.}
John in the other hand also had an encounter with God-John seen One like the Son of Man standing before him, either it was an angel-like Moses had seen-because No-one had seen God at anytime-all John did see Jesus standing before him in spirit and flesh, John recognised the voice of Jesus, John knew.
{Revelation 1:17} Said: "Do not be afraid, I am the first and the last.
John gave a good description of Jesus-One like the Son of Man-doesn't actually say it was an angel, like the Moses story the Lord sent His angel.
Jesus said: My sheep follow Me-He also said: My sheep know My voice-John turned around because John knew Jesus's voice.
Have you ever had a encounter with a strange presents around you-knowing something is watching you-either it is good or evil, they are scary, Jesus's disciples fell down in fear-seeing Moses and Elijah in spirit standing with Jesus, John's first encounter in spirit-would have been terrifying at first, he may have been shaking up-about his hole ordeal, One like the Son of Man-John's last encounter with Jesus in the flesh-and not in the spirit-would have knock John around.
johnw74:

the brass-bronze reference is to Jesus immortal spirit body
not to His fleh human body, it is diffrent, i would say it's how the Word of God looked before He became man
and as he now again looks:

(Rev 1:14) His head and his hair were white like wool-like snow. His eyes were like flames of fire.

(Rev 1:15) His feet were like glowing bronze refined in a furnace. ....
.... His face was like the sun when it shines in all its brightness.

even though it is actually Jesus Angel, i reckon He also looks like Jesus,
He has all of the authority of Jesus and talks as if He is Jesus

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:26am On Aug 19, 2017
brocab:
Ok, I hope we are on the same track explaining this topic with each other-I assure you I am not in argument with you-but If we look at a bigger picture-it is important how Jesus is described to the world, most people see Jesus images before they would even think of believing in Jesus Himself, having a false outlook of Jesus can turn the world around, and when the Antichrist comes in full view-he will show himself the way the world see's Jesus. Look at the Pope-he shows himself as the god of the world-another false image, And who will follow after the beast.
The artifact's we have seen of the Egyptians-in paintings or other artifacts they found in the past-none were white-nor black, but a tan, blown colour-Jesus wasn't white-Joseph Mary and Jesus blended in with the Egyptians when Herod was looking for him, the Jesus the Catholic's had describe Him to be-white-is given Jesus a hole new identity, blonde hair blue eye's, this isn't the description we retrieve in spirit, nor is it His description when He roamed the land.

Moses up on the mount didn't see God-as the bible tells us no-one had seen God at anytime-but the Lord sent an angel in the presents of God. {10 commandments.}
John in the other hand also had an encounter with God-John seen One like the Son of Man standing before him, either it was an angel-like Moses had seen-because No-one had seen God at anytime-I believe John seen Jesus standing before him in spirit and flesh, John recognised the voice of Jesus, John knew.
{Revelation 1:17} Said: "Do not be afraid, I am the first and the last.
Jesus said: My sheep follow Me-He also said: My sheep know My voice-John turned around because John knew Jesus's voice. John also said: He seen One like the Son of Man-that would have been John's first encounter he had with Jesus in spirit.
Have you ever seen a spirit-it's a strange presents around you-knowing something is watching you-either it is good or evil, they can be scary, John wrote Revelation-this may have been his first encounter in spirit-not knowing is terrifying at first, he may have been shaking up-about his hole ordeal.

the end times-eschatology, is a subject i'm interested in
there are things happening in the world now that are hinting to the nearness of that time
the build up of russian forces and their allies along the syria Israerl border for one,
do you know of a good endtime forum?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 2:36am On Aug 19, 2017
Well this is one of my interest too-I love the Word of God-I want to know the in's and out's what Jesus meant about these end of times, and this is what I had found that is quite interesting-There are plenty of forums over the net-I think the best is to see how the world had changed around you. We just need to go to church to see what {1 Timothy 6:3-5} Is talking about-Christians not obeying the Word of God but ratter allowing prosperity preachers rule other them-Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth-who think that godliness is the means of financial gain.
This is the real revelation we should be focusing on, Jesus had given us these warnings all through the scriptures, so when these times come to pass we will recognise them standing at our door.
The Governments in every country controls the media, the Lord is using watchman through the internet, so you and I can-see the end is near.
The chip-is here, either it is placed on our foreheads or our right hand, it's here-people in genial are retrieving these chips because of technology, people haven't the slightest idea-what they are walking into-I have heard Christian pastors claiming to receive the mark of the beast-and believe they can still worship God.
What about the rumors of wars Russia China, Nth Korea America everywhere around the world are lining there armies up along there borders, ready for war. Jesus had warned us these things will come to pass-and sure enough we are standing on the edge-of it all.
The believers we think we have knowing for so long-have falling away from the truth-Christians-refusing to share the Word of God, but rather keep quite fearing someone may recognise them to be a believer, the Love of God-is far from them-some believe hiding will save them away from the enemy, Jesus talks about the end of day's Christians don't read Revelation-Daniel, Matthew, Mark, Luke.
The larger Churches in the world are packed with Christians from all walks of life, running after prosperity, bro, they are serving Mammon rather than serving God.
Every street corner has cameras-every store-the modern technology have hidden cameras built in computers Televisions phones, etc, the Illuminati-controls every system-the world has to offer.
Had you read about the "CERN" a seven mile round system scientists believe they can find ways to discover how the world began, "CERN" this could help destroy the world-when in operational.
This is the revelation the Lord warns us about-people don't read enough of the bible to know these things are coming, I myself had spoken out-and Christians call me crazy-I am crazy because I believe everything to Lord said: it will happen.
Even on this same forum bro on end times-I have written some pretty interesting things-you may already be aware off.
News about end time event's are everywhere-not only Christians, but the atheist are talking.
I am always open to end time news-so feel free to inform me-on any news you may find-I am always interested.
Strange things are happening, people are talking about these dates-Aug 21 2017-and Sep 23?
Movies can be used as signs about end times, cartoons had played an interest.
Jason A on you tube is quite interesting, read about the Fema camps in America, read about Obama buying 33.000 guillotines, already the Christians are being slaughtered around the world-not only Christians but everyone may be in trouble sooner then we think.
Christians having dreams of invasion of UFO's-the Clem-trials-and the strange signs in the clouds, loud strange noises are heard across the nations.
The Governments are building deep underground bunkers, like cities. This is crazy stuff bro, but to be honest Christians are turning their heads away-this is not happening-Christian aren't reading their bibles bro, Earthquakes in various places-everything the bible tells us is all coming to pass, floods, hurricanes-strange weather patterns, hail stones as big as golf balls-and larger, people are running to and fro, no-one is safe-terrorist-from all walks of life-are even using vehicles to terrorise.
These are the little things and the days are becoming shorter, Blood red Moons, rivers turning into blood, the fish are washed up on the beaches, the birds are dropping out of the skies, these are just the little things Christians turn away from.
Homosexual marriage-the Church had turned their hearts away from the Lord-the Church had accepted this lie into our community. Homosexuals leading Churches, priest-pastors, Pope Francis say's who is he to judge" the Lord said: by their fruit we will know them-this is against the Word of God-God loves everybody, but God hates the sin. Adam and Eve "Not" Adam and Steve. Does anybody believe anymore.
And these are just the beginning of sorrows.
johnw74:

the end times-eschatology, is a subject i'm interested in
there are things happening in the world now that are hinting to the nearness of that time
the build up of russian forces and their allies along the syria Israerl border for one,
do you know of a good endtime forum?

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 4:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
The Lord: Told us we will be able to discern the seasons, Today will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast, O ye hypocrites you can discern the face of the sky, but you can't read the signs of the times.{Matthew 16:3}
I have a friend bro-a Christian man I know well, he say's he likes everything simple concerning the bible-but he doesn't believe these end times are standing at our doors now, he isn't alone, because many Christians bro-think the same as he thinks, I have been called all sorts of names by Christians-I was even called a warlock, I can feel how the disciples must of felt because of my faith in Jesus-which reminds me-of the past-when the Catholic Church castrated believers burnt to the stake because they themselves believed.
Christians haven't the slightest idea-what the world brings, nation against nation, kingdom against kingdom-people look for WW3 to begin-but already the war had already began-we just need to look on our own door steps and find disbelieving Christians already turning their backs and arguing over the Word of God.
Many believe they will enter into heaven without a dealt-because they read their bibles-others believe their works will take them into heaven.
Christians have always relied on this, as their guarantee to go, Jesus warns us of these end time events and-already in parts of the world we hear of wars against Christians-burnt alive-castrated-butchered, and shot in the name of Jesus.
It really makes me wonder when Jesus said: get away from Me, I never knew you. Christians don't realise the tribulation had already began-and many of us will suffer having that horrible death just like Jesus and His disciples had describe it will be.
Christians are already experiencing God given dreams and visions, I have heard of dreams about the believers prolonged in some sort of prison type system-waiting for their numbers to be called to face death under the guillotine. Prolonging means sentence without reason.
In America they had built Fema camps filled with coffins that could hold at least five bodies, Fema camps placed with guillotines waiting for the Day Government authorities take over the world-don't forget 95% of the world's population.
These same images reminds me of the day's Hitler wanted power over the Jews.
These so called Fema camps are all filled with large Gas clambers, beside railway tracks, and the security is over rated.

These are the small issues happening right under our noses-and no-one is interested-I suppose when the time comes-at least the Lord warned us these things will come to past.
In America they have tablets built on stone just like the 10 commandments, showing them openly in public, there commandments show their plans the authorities have in mind are to destroy 95% of the worlds populations, so 500.000.000 rich men and women will be left upon the earth, this is crazy stuff-but it's out there, the Twin Towers were to be of interest-the banks pulled their shares out 2 weeks before the Towers fell.
Churches aren't Church anymore-the music pumping-the tithes are collected-the 20 minute sermon is spoken, and its time to go, these are just some of the little things people aren't searching for, prosperity preachers-ripping off Churches, Christians chase after mammon before they chase after God, these are the little things people aren't noticing anymore, and no-one seems to recognise these small details, people are just looking at the larger pictures. We can discern the weather, but can we discern the end of time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (Reply)

Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.