Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? (12229 Views)

Is It Advisable To Date A Fellow Course Mate? / Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? / Never Dated Before At 22? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by eduson55(m): 7:32am On Oct 29, 2012
is it advisable to marry at 22-25 as a man?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Kirinwa: 7:45am On Oct 29, 2012
It's too early,maybe 25 yes.You need to be mature though and have a stable means of income.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by mabebe1(f): 7:56am On Oct 29, 2012
4 a gal i'd yes bt 4 a guy its a no no...he's 2 young

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by eduson55(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2012
what if the person have already attained a level of financial stability?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by k2039: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2012
If you have the money to cater for a family why not.

For those saying a man is not matured enough at 22years,they should understand maturity has absolutely nothing to do with age

Maturity doesn’t mean age; it means sensitivity, manners, and how you react.

15 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Kirinwa: 8:16am On Oct 29, 2012
k2039: If you have the money to cater for a family why not.

For those saying a man is not matured enough at 22years,they should understand maturity has absolutely nothing to do with age

Maturity doesn’t mean age; it means sensitivity, manners, and how you react.

However,whatever you think I still maintain that 22 is too early.Let me give you homework at what age does an average Nigerian man obtain first degree? Physically speaking is or can a 22 years old man be deemed to be mature?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by eduson55(m): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2012
dont look at it from that point.
mind you,many Nigerians doesn't need a degree
to run their own things.
just give your reason why its not advisable.
Kirinwa:

However,whatever you think I still maintain that 22 is too early.Let me give you homework at what age does an average Nigerian man obtain first degree? Physically speaking is or can a 22 years old man be deemed to be mature?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by k2039: 8:45am On Oct 29, 2012
Kirinwa:

Laughs,and when has the acquisition of a first degree become a requirement to get married(not everyone will go to school).

Well obviously your statistic is based on the AVERAGE nigerian,you may have the point (average nigerian doesnt apply to the whole nation).

There are people who are financial independent at 22(ofcourse they may be rare)

Think about this,a student enters the university at 15years,graduates at 19years(ofcourse I have a cousin who will be graduating next month and he is only 19years and 4months,so I know what I'm saying)
Does his nysc by 20years.Imagine having a well to do father or gets a high paying job,so tell me why he wont be financial independent.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 29, 2012
Too early. . .
Maturity doesnt mean experienced.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2012
IMO

Nobody should marry under the age of 25... Both male & female..

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by overkillR(f): 9:21am On Oct 29, 2012
No! No! No! Except u're a lady.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by eduson55(m): 9:24am On Oct 29, 2012
what about the whites that do it,or are we different?
overkill®:
No! No! No! Except u're a lady.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by tuneriolo: 9:24am On Oct 29, 2012
i think it is if the guy is comfortable and able to take good care of not just his family but in laws too cause they will always come around

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Jubal01: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2012
Ahe has ntn 2 do wit maturity. Getn marid @ unda 25 is vry grievious. Young ppl cnt absorp mch pressure lyk d mch olda 1s.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by codernoni: 9:27am On Oct 29, 2012
Marry wen u feel u are ready. In the UK people marry as early as 19. Some fail some don't. Some also marry @ 40 and still fail.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by domack99(m): 9:28am On Oct 29, 2012
Yes its a very good idea to marry at 22 years, because by 45 you already have a child that is a graduate, young enough to have good time with your grand children.

But for most Nigerians guys, at 60 to 70 years they are still paying school fees

9 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by joey4jo: 9:29am On Oct 29, 2012
Have you guys ever been to a fulani village at all? That's kind of late for them sef, if he gets to that 25.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by ChimeChimezie: 9:29am On Oct 29, 2012
I 20 years old and i am from Enugu state wich is Igbo, i am the only son and my Father die 4 years ago, i am in my first year in school and my Mother has made so many investment and she is worried dat if anytin happenes 2 me, my wicked uncle will take everytin dat she has laboured for, so she has been telling me to get married next year, as For me, money is nt the problem, bt i want to be a graduate b4 i get married, bt considring my condition, i hav no other choice, infact i u am looking 4 a woman to marry now @ my young age, please i need ur advice, wat should i do?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by eduson55(m): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2012
marry if you like,its a choice.
as for me,am tired of playing ps2 with small small girls boo-bs..
i want my own son,i want to paddy with my son as young as i could be.
Chime Chimezie: I 20 years old and i am from Enugu state wich is Igbo, i am the only son and my Father die 4 years ago, i am in my first year in school and my Mother has made so many investment and she is worried dat if anytin happenes 2 me, my wicked uncle will take everytin dat she has laboured for, so she has been telling me to get married next year, as For me, money is nt the problem, bt i want to be a graduate b4 i get married, bt considring my condition, i hav no other choice, infact i u am looking 4 a woman to marry now @ my young age, please i need ur advice, wat should i do?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Jyde89: 9:34am On Oct 29, 2012
Thier's nothing wrong with it if both partie's are mentally ready, i know a guy that got married at the age of 23, and he's taking good care of his family; were as i know other guy's who are financially capable and between the age 37 and 40, yet they hav'nt settled down; so believe me marriage realy isn't about old age.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by joey4jo: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2012
May I add that my room mate in school is 23 and would have gotten married this december if all had gone well.. Its like a tradition in their family.
In university I had course mates and friends that got married and still came to school, and yes there were guys..
The girls I can't even count them.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2012
Kirinwa: It's too early,maybe 25 yes.You need to be mature though and have a stable means of income.

Maturity doesnt come with age...it comes with enlightenment......life experience....and knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by infolpf: 9:38am On Oct 29, 2012
There are certain decisions in ones life that should never be opened to the gallery, and this is one of them.
Marriage is a serious matter, and with a 50% (or higher) failure rate, do it only when you are absolutely certain you are ready.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 9:38am On Oct 29, 2012
eduson55: is it advisable to marry at 22-25 as a man?

Marry when you are ready and can afford a family of your own without depending on parents.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by 4reigningqueen: 9:41am On Oct 29, 2012
if you impregnate a girl, why not!infact you must.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by mmsen: 9:41am On Oct 29, 2012
There is no need for a man so young to marry. If someone is trying to pressurize you into marriage then put some distance between yourself and that person.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 9:42am On Oct 29, 2012
Chime Chimezie: I 20 years old and i am from Enugu state wich is Igbo, i am the only son and my Father die 4 years ago, i am in my first year in school and my Mother has made so many investment and she is worried dat if anytin happenes 2 me, my wicked uncle will take everytin dat she has laboured for, so she has been telling me to get married next year, as For me, money is nt the problem, bt i want to be a graduate b4 i get married, bt considring my condition, i hav no other choice, infact i u am looking 4 a woman to marry now @ my young age, please i need ur advice, wat should i do?

This sounds like a scamming letter i have gotten in my email inbox!!!!!!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2012
4reigningqueen: if you impregnate a girl, why not!infact you must.

Thats the wrong reason to marry soneone and that mariage isnt gling to last.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by KINGwax(m): 9:47am On Oct 29, 2012
It's good now. How best will u experience your chatters on nairaland and debasing of problems people encounter in marriage. You'll experience the divorce part quickly. At least, u can be able to appreciate other people's marital issues. Try it first!
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by 2goodbobo(m): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2012
eduson55: what if the person have already attained a level of financial stability?

And what is you have the wherewithal but you are not mature to be able to face the ups and downs of marriage?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by overkillR(f): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2012
Are u comparing us to the whites who are mostly independent at the age of 18?

I bet most 25yr olds in Nigeria still lives with their parents and still take instructions from them.

All I'm trying to say is that in our country an average 25 year old isn't matured enough(financially or otherwise) for such commitment.

eduson55: what about the whites that do it,or are we different?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by salt1: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2012
I know of a boy of 16 the parents married for because he is an only son. Another resisted his mom's pressure until he married at about 30. I think you are still the one to make the decision. Just make sure you prayerfully choose the woman so that you and ur mom will not know sorrow. Marriage is for life! Shine ur eye!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. / Observing The Lockdown With My Daughter - Photos / Help! This Has Become A Serious Matter(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.