Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? (12231 Views)

Is It Advisable To Date A Fellow Course Mate? / Is It Advisable To Date Your Neighbour? / Never Dated Before At 22? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Rooneyboy(m): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2012
Damn toooo young.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2012
If maturity is about age...why do you have old azz men/women acting like and thing like prezchool kids

Maturity isnt age base and a person can be 40insulting years old and never be ready for marriage. There are millions of 30+ are not married or ready for marriage!

Come on homo sapiens!
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by swizz01(m): 11:28am On Oct 29, 2012
As long as I'm concerned,22 Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ too early for a guy τ̅☺ get married....lemme let U̶̲̥̅̊ all knw somtin...a lot of U̶̲̥̅̊ all here are talkin abt maturity bt uve 4gotten dat marriage Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ a long life stuff nd it takes serious maturity τ̅☺ get in2 it...u can have all †ђξ money i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ world bt U̶̲̥̅̊ av τ̅☺ ask urslf if ure qualified τ̅☺ endure †ђξ problems i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ marriage.....we aint talkin abt normal relationship here oh bt somtin dts meant 4 life time.....as a guy 22 Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ too small bt as a gal no probs ώį̸̸̨ƭƕ dat....!!!

Dts all I can say...MONEY DOES NOT MAKE U MATURED 4 MARRIAGE...
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by nepcham(m): 11:29am On Oct 29, 2012
eduson55: is it advisable to marry at 22-25 as a man?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by MrsChima(f): 11:30am On Oct 29, 2012
Smh. People are more clueless than i thought.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by eduson55(m): 11:32am On Oct 29, 2012
As in?
Mrs.Chima:
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by UjSizzle(f): 11:34am On Oct 29, 2012
swizz01: As long as I'm concerned,22 Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ too early for a guy τ̅☺ get married....lemme let U̶̲̥̅̊ all knw somtin...a lot of U̶̲̥̅̊ all here are talkin abt maturity bt uve 4gotten dat marriage Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ a long life stuff nd it takes serious maturity τ̅☺ get in2 it...u can have all †ђξ money i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ world bt U̶̲̥̅̊ av τ̅☺ ask urslf if ure qualified τ̅☺ endure †ђξ problems i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ marriage.....we aint talkin abt normal relationship here oh bt somtin dts meant 4 life time.....as a guy 22 Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ too small bt as a gal no probs ώį̸̸̨ƭƕ dat....!!!

Dts all I can say...MONEY DOES NOT MAKE U MATURED 4 MARRIAGE...

I think the girl part's only gonna work if she plans on being totally subservient.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by achi4u(m): 11:42am On Oct 29, 2012
22 is still a kid in nigerian standard...not even when you have money.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by solbil: 11:44am On Oct 29, 2012
@ledafaze, tom cruise saw so many broken homes. He saw so much in life all the things you mentioned before getting married. But his marriage failed! And there are so many people like that.

On the other hand, in the past and in much of africa, our fathers got married in most cases before the age of 20. Yet they, to a large extent, had a blissful marriage. So re think your stance.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by odoguigbo: 11:50am On Oct 29, 2012
Yes, it is. Age does not mather. What that matters most is your mental maturity in what soever you do in life!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by simple2626(m): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2012
It depends, 4 me I got married at 21, and ryt now am 22 and I have a lovely daughter.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by solbil: 11:56am On Oct 29, 2012
kobikwelu: Different strokes for different folks..but ideally, the man should be in his late 20's or early 30's...

Its not about finances, but its more about maturity..and the ability to handle the musings of a woman (who you would wake up with everyday for the rest of your life)

and please dont give me that crap about age being a number!!

its also basic maths..on average ladies get married in the age range of 22-27... and a man is meant to be older by at least 4 years (so as to help the convergence of maturity)..(studies have shown that women mature faster than men)..so for men the marriage age should be in the range 27-32

but as i said, one shoe does not fit all...

by whose standard is a man MEANT to be older than his wife?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by solbil: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
my thoughts exactly
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by RuuDie(m): 12:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
High Risk Manoeuver!
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 29, 2012
OP as a man u fit marry at any age as long as u get the dough.if na at the age of 16 yrs u hammer then u fit marry at that age.olden days time na at the 18 of 17 and 18 our forefathers dey marry.the reason why we no dey marry early these days na because we no dey make the money in time
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by solbil: 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
its good that this topic is comming up. One of the ideas i have always antagonized is being brought up here. And its about "women are more matured than guys their age".

People do confuse biology for overall maturity. Yes, a lady get to puberty before her male counterpat at the same age. But you will agree that a boy at 22 is as matured biologically as a lady at 22.

It is only when it comes to sexual and romance related matters that a girl knows more than her male age mate. Thats becos she started that kind of life before her male age mate. But we still have to agree that this kind of hege she has over her male age mate, does not translate into her being better at coming up with a smarter solution to difficult situations. In most cases ladies prove to be so inferior to guys their mate when it comes to this.

So, ladies are not more matured than guys their mate and they are not more ready at 22 for marriage than guys at the same age.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by larrymoore(m): 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
What we dont realise about marriage is dt experience,independent, ability 2 adapt to a new life,tolerance, n mental willingness count. If a guy has these, why nt? I ve seen a well celebrated weddin dt lasted a month.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
I pray to marry early, even if you are as old as Methuselah doesn't assure that you are matured enough for the issues of marraige.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by nepcham(m): 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
I think, the issue of marriage more often than none, centres on culture, background, orientation and ability(age/finance). Take for instance a Fulani man, he doesn't need much money of himself to marry. As long as he is 18 sometimes less, his parents will organize a woman for him. So also with some villagers and minorities around the middle belt of nigeria, all that is required of you is the ability to farm and bring enough farm produce home and you are qualified for marriage if you so wished, your age notwithstanding. How about an Igbo man? In as much as he is not financially Independent, no matter the age, he is not ready for marriage. So, in all deduction, it depends on circumstances, environment, culture, influence and decision. I married at 21 in 1998. I have three kids now with the eldest at 13years while I am 35yrs. No body forced me but the environment where I came from influenced me. And sincerely, I am now happy that I married at that age. Before I got married, I have been exposed/educated on marital life and I was determined to make it work for me as a Christian and here I am basking in the glory of God on marriage. Nobody should force you into it and no one should equally deny you going into it when you so desire even at 18years.[color=#770077][/color]

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
nepcham: I think, the issue of marriage more often than none, centres on culture, background, orientation and ability(age/finance). Take for instance a Fulani man, he doesn't need much money of himself to marry. As long as he is 18 sometimes less, his parents will organize a woman for him. So also with some villagers and minorities around the middle belt of nigeria, all that is required of you is the ability to farm and bring enough farm produce home and you are qualified for marriage if you so wished, your age notwithstanding. How about an Igbo man? In as much as he is not financially Independent, no matter the age, he is not ready for marriage. So, in all deduction, it depends on circumstances, environment, culture, influence and decision. I married at 21 in 1998. I have three kids now with the eldest at 13years while I am 35yrs. No body forced me but the environment where I came from influenced me.[color=#770077][/color]

Wow!
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by dljbd1(m): 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2012
Really...age is nothing compared to maturity. Though standards in recent epoch of civilization, a particular age is recommended for marriage since it is assumed that the individual should have attained a level of maturity and fitness to face all responsibilities accompanying marriage. But maturity is everything cos a man could be 30years and still be a toddler. Thanks
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by hassymo5(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
[b][/b]30-35 is the right age for men[color=]30-35 is the right age for men[/color]30-35 is the right age for men
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by akeens1(m): 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
if
u lik marry @ d age of 14 na u sabi. ds one no koncern me 4 nw. u no
talk hw 2 bcm a billionaire btw 22-25. dats wot i won hear 4 nw . Mr
Nairaland se u dey hear me shaa ?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Memphis357(m): 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
Getting married @ 22 sounds a lot like exiting a night party @ 9:30pm.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by caukerzee(m): 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
k2039: If you have the money to cater for a family why not.

For those saying a man is not matured enough at 22years,they should understand maturity has absolutely nothing to do with age

Maturity doesn’t mean age; it means sensitivity, manners, and how you react.
we need to stop this deception. maturity has alot to do with age. Although a younger person could be more mature to some older people, but at some particular age you may lack the experience to handle some issues. but when you compare yourself to yourxself, the older you are the more mature you are. i am more matuired today than i was three years ago.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
caukerzee: Two things-1.financial stability 2. Mental maturity
which for the average 22yr old nigerian, is hard to find in. Its possible to find 22year olds with that quality, but its rare. Mental maturity depends of life's expiriences, a 22year old can have that depending on his up-bringing. For financial stability, the average 22yr old is still in skool. Only very few are not.
you make absolute sense. Experience is key. Most times we get this experience as we grow older.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by antichelsea(m): 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
uj_sizzle: I don't think any man below 25 should be getting married whether he's matured or not.
People need to give serious thought to marriage before jumping into it.
Ma frnd, what do u mean by giving a serious? And how long wud it take him to think? more 15yrs?
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by caukerzee(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2012
People confuse 'expirience' with 'maturity'. Expirience comes with age, but maturity doesnt. And when i say maturity, i mean mental developement, which in this case has to do with up-bringing and background. Let me use myself as an example. I'm just 18 and in 2 to 3years time i would be getting married(if everything works out as planned by the grace of God). My parents and my supposed fiancee's family knows about us. We've been together from childhood. Our marriage has been writeen in the stars. Basically for the last 2years, ive studied marriage, ive been for councelling several times. Ive had several ups and downs in my life that have made me the man i am today. There are 25 year olds around me who act like kids. My up bringing has had alot to do with my maturity. I may not have expirienced much, but i know i am as matured as the average adult is ment to be and i am still growing. I have alot to learn....but it doesnt make me less matured.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by Lovexme(m): 2:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
You mustn't be 27 and older before you can get married. Marriage isn't something we delve into because we feel we're ready, cos lotsa things must be put into consideration first and some personal questions asked about oneself which should all be in the affirmative.

1. Am I financially ready?
2. Do I have the emotional stability to deal with having a family?
3. Can I handle the life-long committment of being with one woman for my life's entirety?
P.S.: Age is not a yardstick for determining if a guy is ready for marriage,maturity and other important factors are. Still, a guy must be independent to even consider marriage - not a guy still depending on his parents for finance and shelter.
Re: Is It Advisable To Marry At 22-25 As A Man? by saintgwizard(m): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
k2039: If you have the money to cater for a family why not.

For those saying a man is not matured enough at 22years,they should understand maturity has absolutely nothing to do with age

Maturity doesn’t mean age; it means sensitivity, manners, and how you react.

Quite agree with your last statment. But in this our time when men prefer to be boys,22 is too young to get married as man, unless you want your parents to run your home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Observing The Lockdown With My Daughter - Photos / What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. / Mention Three Females On The Forum You Think Would Make Good Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.