Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 (11509 Views)

Rate Nigeria Radio Station 1-10,in Terms Of Entertainment,news Coverage E.t.c / Top 10 Awful Findings Of The Nigeria ''radio'' Awards 2012 / About The World Famous Richest Presenter/nigeria Radio Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by nex(m): 10:36am On Oct 29, 2012
Radio has come a long way from the days of Radio Nigeria and Voice Of Nigeria. Despite the advent of television, the internet, and mobile media, Nigerian radio has not only stood its ground, it seemingly expanding is to a wider audience, and going further to exploit new media in gaining an advantage.

Today, the number of radio stations have risen to an estimated 138 in Nigeria, comprising 26 private stations, 27 campus stations, 41, state government stations, and 44 federal government stations.

We all know it is neither the simple purchase of radio frequencies, or the erection of masts that has brought about this quantum in Nigerian radio, but the personalities who have kept us company. From the Shy Shy Shyllons, the Kenny & D1s, the Dan Fosters to the Yaws, the Gbemis, and the Toolz, these personalities are the true opium that has kept us hooked to that talking box.

Nigeria Radio Awards sets out to show appreciation to the voices, personalities, and groups who strive at raising the bar, and setting new standards in radio through innovation and consistent insistence on improving the medium.

Entries for the Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 were received from as far and wide as Freedom Radio Kano, Hot FM Owerri, Search FM Minna, and also, the BBC. The list of nominees in the various categories of the Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 are:

Station Of The Year. (STY)
§ KISS FM ABUJA
§ RADIO PH
§ COOLFM ABUJA
§ FREEDOM RADIO KANO
§ HOT FM ABUJA
§ NIGERIA INFO LAGOS
§ SPLASHFM IBADAN
§ RHYTHMFM LAGOS

On Air Personality Of The Year (OAP)
§ Shyne
§ U-Zone
§ Spaceman
§ Faith
§ Moyo
§ Sammy
§ Gabari
§ Toyin
§ OPJ
§ Nuhu

Music Show (MSS)
§ Murphy Dread
§ Ekene
§ Dotun

Music Presenter (MPP)
§ Tony
§ PUPA PEE
§ Kunle
§ Moses

Best DJ (BDJ)
§ DJGavpop
§ DJNU
§ DJHotega
§ DJHumility
§ DJSose
§ DJ45

Sports Show (SSS)
§ Emmanuel
§ Kesiana
§ Rhythm Sports

Sports Presenter (SPP)
§ Jimmie
§ Femi
§ Nneka
§ Sayo
§ Niran

Sports Commentator (SCC)
§ Femi
§ ZY
§ RB Jnr

Business & Finance (BFS)
§ Tunji

Local Language. (LLS)
§ Ibrahim
§ OPJ
§ Shaaban
§ Okechukwu

Breakfast Show (BFS)
§ Tolu & Seun
§ Mofe

Breakfast Presenter (BFP)
§ YAW
§ Mannie
§ Tyeng Gyang

Daytime Show (DTS)
§ Motunde
§ Talk To The Students
§ Meet The Acadas
§ Meet The Students
§ Faaji Friday

Daytime Presenter (DTP)
§ Uju
§ Dotun
§ Su De Sniper
§ Benny Ark
§ Cheezy Charles

Nighttime Show (NTS)
§ Yaxman
§ Julian
§ Jane
§ Maxy

Nighttime Presenter (NTP)
§ Tony
§ Casey
§ Maxy

Content Producer (CPP)
§ Tosan
§ Temitope
§ Seun
§ Hercules
§ Shaaban
§ U-Zone
§ Sediongde
§ Faith
§ Ayoade

News & Actuality Show/Presenter (NAS)
§ Ekene
§ Spaceman
§ Nedu

News & Actuality Producer (NAP)
§ George
§ Spaceman
§ Hercules

News Bulletin Reader (NBR)
§ Victor
§ Godwin
§ Ekene
§ Anne
§ Yasmin

Drama Programme (DPG)
§ Adebisi

Radio Documentary (RDD)
§ Christy
§ YOP

Promotions/ Stunt/Events (PSE)
§ COOLFM/WAZOBIAFM ABUJA
§ STAR FM LAGOS
§ RHYTHM FM LAGOS
§ SPLASH FM IBADAN
§ KISS FM ABUJA
§ RADIO PH

Community Radio Project (CRP)
§ UNILORIN RADIO
§ DIAMOND FM IBADAN
§ SEARCHFM MINNA

Community Show Presenter (CSP)
§ Abdulgaffar
§ Moyo
§ Mofe
§ Okechukwu

Campus Station Of The Year (CSY)
§ UNILAG FM/LAGOS
§ SEARCHFM/FUT MINNA
§ DIAMONDFM/IBADAN
§ UNILORIN RADIO/ILORIN

Campus On Air Personality Of The Year (COAP)
§ Uzy
§ Larry
§ Chikey
§ Abdulgaffar
§ Pat
§ Foluke

Campus Daytime Show (CDS)
§ AJ
§ Larry
§ Obafemi

Campus Nighttime Show (CNS)
§ Larry
§ Pat

Campus News Bulletin Reader (CNBR)
§ Hilary
§ Abdulgaffar

To vote, SMS: "Radio(space)category code(space)Nominee" to 32050

E.g Radio STY Radio PH

You can also vote online, by logging on to: http://www.nigeriaradioawards.com/vote

Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by Super1759: 11:13pm On Oct 29, 2012
KISS FM abuja.smh
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by stshakes(m): 11:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ewooo... No BeatFM, upon all their noise wey dem dey make as if na them sabi pass... I can see that their ratings no even high then, going by this list. But there is this boy in BeatFM though. Osi or so... The guy dey try well well

1 Like

Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by executinal(m): 11:20pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nighttime Presenter (NTP)
I will give it to TONY A.

3 Likes

Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by wandeay: 11:23pm On Oct 29, 2012
na only mouth Adaba and Beat sabi make
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by Ewoma45(f): 11:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
Pls o where is Dj xclusive,joyce and n6 of coolfm lagos

4 Likes

Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
Cool fm is d no 1.i love dis fucking station.
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by nex(m): 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
Information from the organizers of the awards indicate that some stations did not submit their entries through the prescribed channels, as is the standard in other parts of the world. They assumed that they would simply be fixed into the list by the organizers "based on who dem be".

Unfortunately, it didn't pan out that way. A friend of mine, Tunji, is the only nominee in the 'Business And Finance' category, however, if he's unable to attract the least number of votes required, no award will be given for that category by default. I must say I like the way these awards are being organized without making provisions for the "Nigerian factor".

2 Likes

Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
I hope say no b adaba 4 akure b dat.cus i hate dat fucking station
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
I don't even know most names here.
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by freebreezeyz(m): 11:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
what happened to 92.3's ChazzB??even nwanna nwanna aint here!? shocked

1 Like

Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
*looking at thread speechlessly...returns to drinking garri*
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by EzePromoe: 11:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
The list is incomplete without Wazobia FM PH and also 'Go slow yan with Porico and Omo talk' deserve to win award. If you're in PH just tune to [url]94.1MHz[/url] then you'll know what i'm talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by plantation(m): 11:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
So wat happened to Brila Fm and all the Presenters of the eager show? Radio Paparrazzi Murphy Jemba, KC, Overdose etc?

1 Like

Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by jide4lagos(m): 11:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
Where is dj exclusive and dis naught guy on beat fm (I ave forgotten his name ooo)? I dey gbadun d guy die anytime I no go club on friday for lagos. Even for zaria self na dt guy I dey always stream dey hear for ma room with ma 'fish' and mcdobo.
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by Itoroetti(m): 11:44pm On Oct 29, 2012
Dis is rubbish.
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by obago(m): 11:44pm On Oct 29, 2012
I support Nigeria info and their presenters. Lagosians can testify of it. They are gud. They treat their callers and listeners with optimum respect, especially the sports presenters-femi,kelechi,osita,etc vote for them plz.

1 Like

Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by 234GT(m): 11:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
Listen to wetin dey on radio continental 102.3 fm lagos, weekdays, 2pm to 4.30pm. You will surely love it.

1 Like

Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by wellmax(m): 11:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
nex: Information from the organizers of the awards indicate that some stations did not submit their entries through the prescribed channels, as is the standard in other parts of the world. They assumed that they would simply be fixed into the list by the organizers "based on who dem be".

Unfortunately, it didn't pan out that way. A friend of mine, Tunji, is the only nominee in the 'Business And Finance' category, however, if he's unable to attract the least number of votes required, no award will be given for that category by default. I must say I like the way these awards are being organized without making provisions for the "Nigerian factor".

Τ̅☺ those of you complaining about the absence of your favorite act on the list, reading the above post carefully might help.
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by naijaobi(m): 12:01am On Oct 30, 2012
This is a joke..hw can they talk of sports without mentioning BRILA FM...hw can they talk of campus station without mentioning LION FM(Unn)...

2 Likes

Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by Ariyke: 12:04am On Oct 30, 2012
234GT: Listen to wetin dey on radio continental 102.3 fm lagos, weekdays, 2pm to 4.30pm. You will surely love it.
Na true u talk i gbadun dat show
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by EzePromoe: 12:08am On Oct 30, 2012
Yes, they call it Nigerian Radio Award but they don't recognizes stations outside Lagos and Abuja for the awards, that's all what they know.
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by NEROSKY(m): 12:17am On Oct 30, 2012
obago: I support Nigeria info and their presenters. Lagosians can testify of it. They are gud. They treat their callers and listeners with optimum respect, especially the sports presenters-femi,kelechi,osita,etc vote for them plz.
4lah
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by NEROSKY(m): 12:18am On Oct 30, 2012
Dream fm Enugu will soon appear In d list.those who sch n reside in Enugu, knwz wat am talkin about....
But wait oh., wher is 4lah of Nigeria info lagos
#redlightzone
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by bory09(m): 12:19am On Oct 30, 2012
freebreezeyz: what happened to 92.3's ChazzB??even nwanna nwanna aint here!? shocked
absent and dismissed
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by vislabraye(m): 12:26am On Oct 30, 2012
What about Toolz? And Reina Tolu of info? Didn't see any name that looks like theirs.
I love info a lot. I think Info and inspiration are the best in Lagos.

Naija info picks nice topics to discuss. Although some times Matse and Chuks sabi do ITK too much.
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by Nasri100(m): 12:32am On Oct 30, 2012
binger: *looking at thread speechlessly...returns to drinking garri*

This shii wont impress people for the second time jeez
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by jeffoski(m): 12:34am On Oct 30, 2012
Na wa o,why d other stations wey sabi make mouth no drop entries ontime or the proper place?I for make the competition interesting and stiff, so tey I no see aunty Toolz and Tosin Bucknor as dem tight reach,No beatFm,Top radio dem radio nigeria sef no plenty. well my guy Abdulgaffer make am.The guy is really good. make una vote for am o
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by dopeJemi: 12:39am On Oct 30, 2012
U guyz missed

Una dey crase FM (delta state)
Who e concern FM (ph)
Una mate no dey sLeep 4 night FM (kaduna)
Abi una be witches n wizard FM (lagos)
I don go FM (abuja)
Gudnyt FM (lokoja) undecided
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by MrGlobe(m): 12:46am On Oct 30, 2012
Rubbish, crap. Why did they blacklist beatfm, the best and most listened radio in Nigeria, even with only one location. No other Nigerian station is uninterruptedly online. The award lacks credibility and is dead on arrival and a joke, meanwhile this is not a Nigerian radio award, its a lagos, abuja, ph radio awards, I used to listen to Rythm awka, am surprised (or not) they dont hsve any nominations, they are the best in the east and better than 80% of the nominations
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 30, 2012
Ohh ohhh,abeg where my Top Radio naUche,Wyse,Tosin,Olawale,Kore?.....taarrgghh jare!!!!whack list
Re: Nominees For Nigeria Radio Awards 2012 by stshakes(m): 1:01am On Oct 30, 2012
Who are you to say the award lacks credibility? Yea, BeatFM is good and popular definitely because their programmes are more "youthcentric". But when you talk about presentation, it goes beyond speaking americana. As a trained Media person, both in print and broadcast, I can tell you that beatfm lacks a lot. They have very little content, their shows are VERY stereotype and just as someone posted, they probably didn't submit their entries on time because of people like you who make them feel like the "galadima" of Radio in Nigeria, hence they must be there by default

Mr. Globe:
Rubbish, crap. Why did they blacklist beatfm, the best and most listened radio in Nigeria, even with only one location. No other Nigerian station is uninterruptedly online. The award lacks credibility and is dead on arrival and a joke, meanwhile this is not a Nigerian radio award, its a lagos, abuja, ph radio awards, I used to listen to Rythm awka, am surprised (or not) they dont hsve any nominations, they are the best in the east and better than 80% of the nominations

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Sang This Song ? / 2Face Idibia's New Video / FREE BEAT: Dj Femteezy - Gbera Sodi (talking Drum Beat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.