Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease (56265 Views)

The Facts About Condoms / Misconceptions About People Living With Sickle Cell Disease / Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 10:44am On Nov 01, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Haba! Blink dats mean! angry

Blink na Warriors warrior. U go Fear fear nah
@Blink, abeg mellow your tone.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 10:44am On Nov 01, 2012
blink182: yellow eyes is an easy issue, surprised none could tell you. The answer is glucose, dissolve the needed dose in water 3 times daily, if you have no fever it will clear in no time.

Yellow eyes is also a sign you are over stressing yourself, so take a break while having your glucose.

For convenience, there is tablet glucose in blisters for those that are really mobile and remember water. Also get cellod s if you are not on it yet. My greatest wish is to see so many Scd patients that are not suffering but living the life of their dreams.

Thanks for this...

I don't usually sleep at night...

I use the night to design websites for clients...

I will try d glucose...

And I don't want to kill my self o...lol

Which one is cellod
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Idowuogbo(f): 10:45am On Nov 01, 2012
queen binte o:
Lik him huggin transformer or flying dana!!! LOL
angry angry
See ya mouth like transformer, If sound u hen! U guys are going about it d wrong way joor! Yes! D truth is bitter, but! Becareful wiv ur words. Deco! U sef stop forming Hercules na! Use ur drugs pls.....
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by queenbinteo: 10:45am On Nov 01, 2012
Abali1:

There is no limit to the water intake. I fit even drink drum, if my belle go gree me.
Am addicted to water, this addiction started frm childhood. Praise the Lord!!!
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 01, 2012
queen binte o:
Madam,whre do I start? I hate the limitatn placed on me by the sickness esp as a child. Loads of don't do which I ended up doing. I missed class in pry sch a lot n its always annoying wen I had crisis fri bfr my term exam. I remba in pry 3 that I had to miss term exam. As usual, dad went to inform the sch about it,went for exam after the crisis,lo n behold,I came first. The funny thin is, I was a prize winner from pry one to five bfr they stopped giving prizes. Let me tell you that my survival is due to God n ma parents esp ma mum. I had access to good food,ma mum being a foodseller. I was a regular @ †ђξ company's hospital courtsey of ma dad. All the doctors n nurses addressd me by ma middle name. I was a regular.
In '92, I was in JSS2, I nearly died frm malaria o. I was absent from sch for weeks. Ma dad had to obtain Doc's report @ d sch's behest. I survived n continue like dat into snr class. Crisis abated as I move into SS2/3. No crisis in ma SS3 n waec was smooth.
Now, I am an HND n ACCA holder n av 6yrs experience. Its nt easy getting those qualificatn. Let's save that for another day.
Note - my parents av the experince wt SCD. First born is livin wt SCD n ova 53yrs. He could be reckless @ times just lik stronger.
its not easy getting those degrees but we both know it was easy for you, we are born extremely brilliant. In university I glanced through my books to make my A's. Like I said in another thread, that's the only advantage of being ss that society appreciates.

In 2003/04, I entered a competition sponsored by spdc. Long story short, I wrote about 300 pages of thesis, I was in sss3, I was also chosen to lead Nigeria's delegation of students to the UN head quarters NY. I was the youngest in the group but then the worst happened. I became sick with malaria and my dad snapped. He was like shell wants to kill me and I was totally being over stretched. Which was true, we go to warri and while my driver thinks I'm in shell yard, we've passed second gate enroute Asaba, Lagos, abuja, phc...damn it was fun.

Before I forget, I didn't crack my head to get there. Its just me.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Very mean
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Idowuogbo(f): 10:49am On Nov 01, 2012
deco_slim:

Thanks for this...

I will try d glucose...

Which one is cellod
shocked shocked shocked
Can sumborri shout Halleluyah? Persin wey no take hin drugs for 7months dey enquire? I can see changes o! Hi 5 deco! Shame d devil ojere!

Blink! Abeg include d Address of the pharmacy give bruda deco pls... Tanking u!! kiss

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 10:49am On Nov 01, 2012
Idowuogbo:
angry angry
See ya mouth like transformer, If sound u hen! U guys are going about it d wrong way joor! Yes! D truth is bitter, but! Becareful wiv ur words. Deco! U sef stop forming Hercules na! Use ur drugs pls.....

Ok,, I will try to do dat...

Thanks...
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by sucezTP(f): 10:49am On Nov 01, 2012
blink182: is the sickle cell foundation at luth the one being headed by Professor Akinyaju?

I think his name is professor ajayi..
Infact, an advert was placed, sometimes ago, to forge ahead his plans, towards achieving the aims and objectives of the foundation..
He is based in the prenatal lab., @ college of medicine, LUTH..
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by queenbinteo: 10:50am On Nov 01, 2012
Idowuogbo:
angry angry
No offense pls, am just teasin Rambo deco.this dude should leave this topic if he can't stand it. @ deco - dnt make me come to whre ure n feed you your drug on daily basis
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 01, 2012
Idowuogbo:
mean but it will achieve its purpose. I don't like seeing people with self pity and remorse. Its done, we already are what we are. Make the best use of it.

2 Likes

Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 01, 2012
deco_slim:

Thanks for this...

I will try d glucose...

Which one is cellod
cellod is the best thing to happen to scd patients, visit www.ormedsupremeoption.com to learn more.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Idowuogbo(f): 10:54am On Nov 01, 2012
blink182: mean but it will achieve its purpose. I don't like seeing people with self pity and remorse. Its done, we already are what we are. Make the best use of it.
I likey!!! Were is dat boy sef, Deco! U hia!! Digest words from d wise o! Superman na fiction o! Hen hen! Just teasin...
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 01, 2012
sucezTP:

I think his name is professor ajayi..
Infact, an advert was placed, sometimes ago, to forge ahead his plans, towards achieving the aims and objectives of the foundation..
He is based in the prenatal lab., @ college of medicine, LUTH..
Please his full names.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Idowuogbo(f): 10:56am On Nov 01, 2012
queen binte o:
No offense pls, am just teasin Rambo deco.this dude should leave this topic if he can't stand it. @ deco - dnt make me come to whre ure n feed you your drug on daily basis
Loool... I'll pay for transport.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Idowuogbo(f): 10:57am On Nov 01, 2012
deco_slim:

Ok,, I will try to do dat...

Thanks...

Dats d spirit! Taking ur Drugs and staying healthy.

It is well..
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2012
queen binte o:

Haha
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 11:04am On Nov 01, 2012
blink182: cellod is the best thing to happen to scd patients, visit www.ormedsupremeoption.com to learn more.

Wow! Thanks...

Checking it out

You rock like a rockstar!!!
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2012
blink182: cellod is the best thing to happen to scd patients, visit www.ormedsupremeoption.com to learn more.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by queenbinteo: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2012
Pls wat do I do about my big tummy. Read that its cos of ma spleen. Pple living wt SCD have big spleen. Big tummy is embarrassin and annoying jor.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 11:07am On Nov 01, 2012
THIS IS A SPECIAL SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
I need the AS people on this thread, go round NL and drag them back here. Let us all join hands and say NO TO BRINGING IN A CHILD INTO THE WORLD TO GO THROUGH PSYCHOLOGICAL, PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL TRAUMA.

5 Likes

Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by decoslim(m): 11:11am On Nov 01, 2012
queen binte o: Pls wat do I do about my big tummy. Read that its cos of ma spleen. Pple living wt SCD have big spleen. Big tummy is embarrassin and annoying jor.

Yes yes yes

That's d next complain I need explanation to...

Dough am used to taking my tommy in,

But when am home its so big...

I can't let my friends see that,

That's Y I take it in.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Stronger99: 11:15am On Nov 01, 2012
queen binte o: Pls wat do I do about my big tummy. Read that its cos of ma spleen. Pple living wt SCD have big spleen. Big tummy is embarrassin and annoying jor.

Nothing much u. can do. U can only remove d spleen if it no longer does It's work and has become useless. A spleensectomy.

@blink,
First time I'm hearing of d glucose for jaundice, dat sounds great.

@deco slim,
Careful with the cocky attitude. U are making a big mistake if u think u are superman. Take ur drugs now. These things can haunt u later.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 11:15am On Nov 01, 2012
deco_slim:

Yes yes yes

That's d next complain I need explanation to...

Dough am used to taking my tommy in,

But when am home its so big...

I can't let my friends see that,

That's Y I take it in.

I don't have this problem, I have a flat tommy. But I will like someone to explain this to us.
Oga ACM10, please can you help us out (going in search of my boss ACM10).
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by richiex(m): 11:16am On Nov 01, 2012
Abali1:

My dear, all you listed above are expensive procedures for an average Naija couple who are probably struggling to make ends meet.
Moreover bone marrow transplant have it's own difficulties. That is finding a WILLING DONOR WHOSE BONE MARROW MATCHES YOUR OWN.

What are the percentage chances of finding the right donor for a bone marrow transplant?
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by patrick2(m): 11:18am On Nov 01, 2012
crisycent: My sister and her husband are both AS. After the birth of their first child, it took 5 years before they had the second. This is not because she couldn't get pregnant but because whenever she's pregnant, they test the genotype of the baby in her womb and if it is SS, they abort. But thank God that they finally had to healthy AA male twin babies.

I suggest that if you truly love your AS partner, marry her but make sure you check the genotype of the baby in your wife's womb before you create problem for yourself. Sickle cell is not something anyone can cope with and you just can't help but feel sorry for people with this disease. In 2010, I lost a friend to sickle cell disease and I saw him literarily waste to death....Oghenekaro Brown Ifony....R.I.P

As a preventive measure, which is a better option? To avoid the marriage of incompatible couples in the first instance or to get involved in constant abortion during marriage in order to avoid giving birth to SCA child. Your comments please everyone in the house.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 11:25am On Nov 01, 2012
patrick2:

As a preventive measure, which is a better option? To avoid the marriage of incompatible couples in the first instance or to get involved in constant abortion during marriage in order to avoid giving birth to SCA child. Your comments please everyone in the house.

Please avoid marriage. AS/AS couples should avoid marrying each other, this has nothing to do with sentiments.
But if you guys are already married, then pray that FATE doesn't visit you with a SS.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by ACM10: 11:26am On Nov 01, 2012
deco_slim:

Thanks...

All I want is to clear my yellowish eyes..and am totally normal.

I hide them with dark shades...

Am not in d habit of drinking water frequently,

But I would have to try this....

Like how many bottle a day...

Is there a limit to the intake?

Drink water liberally. Atleast 3 litres in a day.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 11:29am On Nov 01, 2012
richie-x:

What are the percentage chances of finding the right donor for a bone marrow transplant?

It is hard to find a person whose bone marrow matches your own. And when found, the person has to be WILLING TO DONATE. Do you really want to take that option?
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2012
patrick2:

avoid as as marriage.

For those of you with large spleen or large liver go and get cellod s and procin x, it will totally varnish. That na small thing, cellod s turned my protruding dentition to a minor overbite. To some of you who do not know the drug, you might think I'm telling a lie but I have vowed to let all sufferers know about it and regain good health. Just believe.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 11:31am On Nov 01, 2012
ACM10:

He is complaining of having big tummy, and he is not alone in this.
Re: The Facts And Myths Of Sickle Cell Disease by Abali1(m): 11:31am On Nov 01, 2012
ACM10:

He is complaining of having big tummy, and he is not alone in this. Thanks for coming around.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It / The Woman Carrying Oxygen To Survive And The Crying Little Boy In New Photos / Photo Of A Lady Making Palm Oil Locally Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.