Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,059 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:12 AM

9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup (33628 Views)

The Worst Action Your Partner Took After A Breakup? / How Do You Cope Without Sex After A Breakup? / Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by mitchyy(f): 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
Breakups can be a very difficult experience. You’re crying, confused, and your heart feels like it’s in a million pieces. It’s not called heartbreak for nothing. But learn to let it go. The world has something better in store for you. But while you’re waiting here are 9 things you shouldn't do after a breakup.

Ready to hear them? Cool, let's go

#1. Don't Stalk him/her
You're way too smart to stalk him or her physically after your breakup. Of course you are...BUT...on social media? That's tempting. Facebook, Twitter, BBM(blackberry messenger), instagram, his/her blog. Never! Do you really want to torture yourself with each new female friend he adds and see cute little comments from babes/guys you know were interested in him/her in the past? You don't need to know where he or she's going or who he or she's going with. It hurts. Move on.

#2. Don't Stay friends
There is no way you can remain friends with an ex if you still have feelings for him. You can eventually be friends but not immediately after a breakup. Haba! Give yourself some time. Remaining friends only gives him/her permission to treat you like crap while he/she borrows money from you, has occasional sex with you when he can’t find anyone else, and sometimes lean on you for emotional support when he has a bad day! Accept the truth. He’s not going to change his mind and realize breaking up with you was a bad idea. He’s just going to use you until he finds someone to take your place. So please, DO NOT stay friends with him for now!

#3. Do not Isolate yourself
You're way too fabulous and amazing to be shut-in. Do not stay cooped inside your room all day with the blinds shut. You'll do yourself more harm than good. Get out! Go to the beach on its busiest days. (We have so many in Nigeria, especially in lagos). Attend events, not those emotional stage plays. Take some risks! Meet with some of your crazy energetic friends at the club. Wear red lipstick and some killer stillettos and work it because you can.

#4. Don't waste energy on revenge
Revenge is utter crap. Don't get even. Get over it.

#5. Do not tell "your story" to everyone
Almost everyone falls victim to this. Hold back. Don't tell everybody how you've been wronged. Boooooooooring! Save it. The longer you hold on to "your story" and keep soliciting sympathy, the longer it will take you to move forward...and we don't want your friends to dump you, too. (That doesn't mean you shouldn't talk to someone about it. The emphasis here is telling 'EVERYONE').

#6. Don't be "on the hunt"
Don't jump on the relationship bandwagon too soon. Contrary to the general belief, the best way to get over a guy/lady is not to date another one immediately. Take your time. Enjoy your new Freedom.

#7. Do not listen to 'Adele - Someone like you' on repeat
I guess that's self-explanatory.

#8. Don’t think your Facebook page is going to convince him to come back
I have a friend who made up a boyfriend just to make her ex jealous. She changed her status, her photos, she changed her BBM display picture and Facebook profile picture to her and a hot dude hugging tightly. But what did the ex think? When i asked him, i discovered he didn't even notice. So, yes, in most cases, it doesn't work.

#9. Do not turn to alcohol
Drowning our sorrows in bottles of beer can sometimes seem pretty appealing. The chances are, you’ll get drunk and then make one or more of the other mistakes on this list.

Know someone going through a heartbreak? Please share with them

http://www.gistville.com/2012/10/breakups-9-things-you-should-never-ever-do-after/

52 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Velounie(f): 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
No 7 z rilly hillarious

7 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by MMM2(m): 6:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
Go 2 a motel & carry 2 ashawo day break tongue

5 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by obowunmi(m): 7:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
M M M: Go 2 a motel & carry 2 ashawo day break tongue

Abi oo - don't forget the condoms too. Life is too sweet and too short.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by mitchyy(f): 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
M M M: Go 2 a motel & carry 2 ashawo day break tongue
-Lol. One thing you should NEVER do

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Okijajuju1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2012
9 things you must do after a break up...

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2012
yawn!!!! Wait o, adele-some one like u, LWKMD

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by lifestyle1(m): 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2012
ok.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by yemi2plus(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
And wat are d tins to do afta a break-up? Help pls
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by ndala(m): 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
u made me remember my ex now crying cry cry
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Sijo01(f): 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ok, noted!

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
Yes, never listen Adele's Someone like you, listen instead to Rolling in the Deep...works like magic.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by merciie(f): 8:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
Wow! No.7 so on point.........I remember singin along, shedding hot tears and wallowing in self pity. Gone are those days...Big girls don't cry♪♪

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by abiL(f): 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
ItsModella: Yes, never listen Adele's Someone like you, listen instead to Rolling in the Deep...works like magic.

I remember when I used to cry me a river whilst listening to Adele non-stop.

Thank God I can look back now and laugh at my foôlishness.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
"Yawns" abeg make I go sleep before I break pesin head this night!

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by pendo89(f): 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
adding

How one reacts to a heart break depends on how long the relationship lasted and the amount of investment which went into it.
The worst anyone can do is attempt stuff that is detrimental to their overall well-being, like you have listed above.
Rem that,after you have eaten the fridge and its contents and drank silly, the angry emotions will be lying in wait for the sober you and the cycle goes on.

Go through the process (angry>revengeful>bitterness>forgiveness>restoration )but preserve your sanity and body for the next step of your life.

9 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by cosmatika(m): 8:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
Wow, dis is d best thread I'v seen on NL dat affects me directly. I wz a victim to all d 9. But I later blocked her frm all my social networking sites. But d thing is, it's almost 2yrs now she left and I still feel uncomfortable weneva I see ha. And d big prob is dat she's my coursemate and we still hav lyk 2yrs to leave d medical skl so I still see ha everyday in class and clinic. undecided
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by otigainspires(m): 8:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
no 7 sure cracked me up. Great list.
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
I have had 15 brkups and am still standing strong...no alchol,no sex,no sh...it.....in a world of 3.5billion milk shakes who cares

10 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by mejai(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
Well, I advice after break-up, grab ur keypad and log on 2 nairaland.com. Search for any crazy topic and join us. Look for e-tribal war. By d time u r tru, u might seek revenge like boko boys undecided

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by 190theclown: 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
why dont you just get or she replaced with 7 other people(s)
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nice list but Number 1 is not easy ooo
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by 190theclown: 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
abiL:

I remember when I used to cry me a river whilst listening to Adele non-stop.

Thank God I can look back now and laugh at my foôlishness.

smh
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
11.Do not commit suicide,cut ur arm,take overdose of medication etc...we see this on nollywood films nt knwing some girls practice it...
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
10.Do not go on a fvcking spree...yanshing random guys and girls won't heal u faster
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by stexsy(m): 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
who ia an Adele or wat is it about?
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by horlajide: 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
No. 7 made me crack up tho!

@ OP just in case you're contemplating another thread on "9 things you MUST do after a breakup" state No. 7 like this
7 - Make sure Taylors Swift's Never Getting back together is on repeat!!!!!
Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by bolakale30(m): 9:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
I guess this was written for me... I stalked her like hell, I hacked her FB, hacked her Twitter in a search for the new guy, I found him but I also realized it doesn't the worth the effort so I just had to drop the quest all together... I listened to a lot of blues though... Understandably,Adele tops the list

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hw does dis change d price of garri in d market.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup by obowunmi(m): 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
AbiL - how can I get your number? Pls let's connect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Reveals The Hypocritical Nature Of Nigerian Ladies / How To Know If You Have A Healthy Semen / My Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.