Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria (24311 Views)

New Form Of HIV Turns Into AIDS Before Victims Realise They Are Infected / Jonathan - No Nigerian To Die Of HIV Henceforth / Six Die After Being 'cured' Of Hiv By Tb Joshua's Church In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Monichilly(f): 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
There are quite nice hospitals here in abuja. I must confess they are effective.

1 Like

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chrisj2000(m): 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2012
Pakavy: indeed u r full of venom.u want d dude 2 spend months waiting 2 c d man of God while his CD4 count drops and d viral load shots.my dear poster pls continue ur theraphy with d orthodox drugs u were on.National tuberculosis and leprosy teaching centre at zaria kaduna state is a gud choice esp if u want 2 hav d treatment while bin off d radar..am currently doing my housejob there and can assure u dat u can get d best mngt of ur case there

thank you soooooooooooooo much. don't mind bible junkies with their bogus claims, i am a hardcore atheist. some people will say that's why i contracted hiv but i got it back when i was a hardcore christian.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by ghettodreamz(m): 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
chrisj2000:

thank you soooooooooooooo much. don't mind bible junkies with their bogus claims, i am a hardcore atheist. some people will say that's why i contracted hiv but i got it back when i was a hardcore christian.

That doesn't mean God is either being partial or mean bro, take it easy. Really heart touching but all is well. God is God, He never change and He will always be God.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chiomat: 2:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
u can go to luth teaching hospital or drop ur phone number so dat i can call u, better still mine 07068673522.

thanks, i appreciate.[/quote]
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Ama28(f): 2:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
ogb5: I dont know of lagos. But in port harcourt, the military hospital is very good. I have had 2 people treated in the past 1year. The drugs are freely supplied by the govt and they are effective.

The other option we looked at was ubth which we heard was also good.

What i can say is that hiv treatment has greatly improved in nigeria. Federal and state owned hospitals generally provide free hiv drugs but you will spend about 5 hours to attend the monthly clinic and collect the monthly drug regimen

I live and work in Portharcourt, the military hospital is supplied drugs by Global fund, USAID and clinton foundation. The Rivers State Government do not give drugs. The donors give, we are still sensitizing the Amaechi Government to take the initiative as many donors are pulling out. Most of the treatment sites like Help of the sick Mkpogu, Comprehensive Hospital Bori and General Hospital Ahoada do not have working CD4 count machines. Presently the State Coordinator for Network of people Living with Aids NEPWAN in the state is bedridden and there is no bed space for her at the comprehensive or even feeder sites.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Ama28(f): 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
Dear OP,
Which ever state you settle in, at the centre you will be receiving services, locate support group and identify yourself with one. By joining them you will share best practices and learn from one another.
Goodluck dearie
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chiomat: 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
just call 07068673522

ind of sympathy here.[/quote]
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chrisj2000(m): 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2012
chioma.t:

u can go to luth teaching hospital or drop ur phone number so dat i can call u, better still mine 07068673522.

thanks, i appreciate.

thank you so much. i think it's good idea to give you a shout.

whoever created this site shall be blessed.

1 Like

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
Try sites that are PEPFAR or APIN supported. Treatments are free and conform to international standards and protocols. Sites like NIMR, LUTH, Gen. Hospital Onikan, and others are much okay and usa govt approved sites in Lagos...
Being a reactive patient is no more big deal. PLWHIV do live normal life and are adequately supported with free care in APIN sites across the country... Good luck.

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
bet if you did not check OP's profile hoping to see a pix

and i still have educated ppl around me who doubt HIV is real.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chrisj2000(m): 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
[quote author=webdezzi]bet if you did not check OP's profile hoping to see a pix

and i still have educated ppl around me who doubt HIV is real

i can give you an address where you can view my pictures if you're keen.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chukaD(m): 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2012
im really in a fix right now... am in Europe doing my masters'. i think am infected (HIV) cos i've been having some symptoms. i dont really know what to do. cos if i go to the hospital, i will be deported back to Nigeria without completing the degree...
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chrisj2000(m): 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
chukaD: im really in a fix right now... am in Europe doing my masters'. i think am infected (HIV) cos i've been having some symptoms. i dont really know what to do. cos if i go to the hospital, i will be deported back to Nigeria without completing the degree...

which part of europe are you in? no authority will deport you simply because you have HIV.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Godsown4: 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
Im HIV positive guy in port Harcourt. Pls i need ur help.Cal me on 08064997961. Look at what Blood transfusion had put me into. Oh! My future, God y me o? Hmmm.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Godsown4: 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2012
tishat: @ talktozingo,yeah winniecure works initially but stopped after sometime.drop ur email nd I ll contact you.
pls help me o at cletty4good@yahoo.com.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by bntY: 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
@poster,any of d FMC,state or teaching hospital will do.The problem isn't abt d medical personnel but accessibility to drugs in dis part of d world. I believe dt shldn't be a problem if u gat ur money and can order for them.
##@adefash,u hit d nail,i don't think any sch is worse than o.o.u. in dt regard.I wonder what NUC regulates if they can't fix dis.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by funtanherb(m): 7:12am On Dec 07, 2012
Hiv/Aids is not curable but it can be well managed and the viral level can be brought to undectable with and effective herbal medication however it is advisable to bring some of your drugs along with you so that you can continue to take it when you are so that the virus will not be resistant to ur drugs

1 Like

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by chiozor: 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
What about the claimed herbal cure by our Nigerian scientists

1 Like

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by buster(m): 12:18am On Jan 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by geminien: 11:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
[quote author=chrisj2000]

which part of europe are you in? no authority will deport you simply because you have HIV.

they do deport, where i live in Asia onec you are positive they deport you.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by geminien: 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
buster: Let me give υ a clue. Try virgin coconut oil. Its proven to be effective. This is my 4th year of testing positive to HIV and av never taken ARV and my CD4 count is increasing. I did a viral load test, and the result is UNDETECTABLE. U should be able to get coconut oil from the herbal market in ur community or better still υ can travel to badagry to buy it. The dosage is simply 5mls morning and night. Use continiously and check ur CD4 test after 6 months. Am sure υ will be amazed. U can reply for more info. If you are still in doubt υ can google coconut oil as a treatment for HIV

Please tell me, is coconout oil Adin Agbon? or what do you mean by virgin coconut oil. Please help me, you can drop me your email. may God bless you
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by Felixedigin(m): 9:19am On Apr 28, 2013
What are the symptoms of the hiv you get
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by mainlyblessed: 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
I posted this on another thread but thought I should send it out more widely maybe someone could learn from my experience and have an HIV/STD free life. I am at a happy place in my life and going to beat this illness!

Interestingly many people are ignorant about the range of feelings one may go through on being diagnosed so I have decided to share my own experience. I got infected about eleven years back. I can precisely say it was on or around 15 February 2002 as that the date of my first intimate experience. Unfortunately, 2 years and a few months later he passed away. He was ill for a few months before passing on but HIV did not initially cross my mind as he was being treated for typhoid. However, as his condition deteriorated, I thought about this but was too scared to voice it or to go for a test. After his death, his mother confided in me and with her support, I was finally able to go for a test. Was I scared and confused? Thoroughly! The test came back positive and I went through counselling and later started treatment. The funny thing was that I never felt angry with him for infecting me and can to that extent say the question of forgiving him did not arise. I guess this was because I loved him and at the time I gave in to him, I was ready to make love with him and was looking forward to spending the rest of my life with him. The main issue was I could not bring myself to forgive ME. I felt I had let myself and all that I represented down. I gave my life to Christ at an early age and had kept myself throughout university and NYSC, so why did I have to be so careless at that mature age. I also hated myself because I was very aware of the risks of unprotected sex but had failed to exercise caution when it came to me and him. A quick trip to the hospital to screen him for stds could have prevented my life from taking the downward spiral it went into. Also I could have insisted on him using condom. We did try initially but with trying to disvirgin me, it kept slipping and bursting so we just let go. I guess I got careless with all the hormones raging through my system and the fact that we were spending an exciting valentine weekend together. I also failed to ask him much about his previous intimate history/ies as we were both "christians" and were planning to spend our lie together. How foolish! It hasn't been easy living with myself but I am gradually learning not to beat myself too much. My advice to anyone who cares to listen is before you take off your pants/boxers, both you and your partner should be screened. I would actually recommend abstinence till marriage because I believe at least in my case if I had kept my pants on, then possibly, during pre-marital intimate health screening, we could have picked this up and then I would have had a choice of dealing with the question whether or not I would have gone ahead and married him (assuming he was still alive at this point and we were still an item). Be faithful to each other, because if this could happen to me, then it can happen to anyone. Have an HIV and STD free life. It could happen to anyone. I pray it is not you. In my case I have learnt to cope with the disease, it is the stigma that has been debilitating. I have been so scarred that I have too scared of embarking on a relationship as I don't know what/how to tell interested suitors. I fear rejection as this has happened twice and I do not want to have my personal information out there only for the guy to develop cold feet. Aside from this, life has been good.

4 Likes

Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by omoharry(f): 1:23pm On May 06, 2013
Military Hospital in Ikoyi is equally good with less crowed.You wld be attended to in no time. You are expected to come early.you wont spend up to three hours there.
Re: Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria by omoharry(f): 1:36pm On May 06, 2013
mainlyblessed: I posted this on another thread but thought I should send it out more widely maybe someone could learn from my experience and have an HIV/STD free life. I am at a happy place in my life and going to beat this illness!

Interestingly many people are ignorant about the range of feelings one may go through on being diagnosed so I have decided to share my own experience. I got infected about eleven years back. I can precisely say it was on or around 15 February 2002 as that the date of my first intimate experience. Unfortunately, 2 years and a few months later he passed away. He was ill for a few months before passing on but HIV did not initially cross my mind as he was being treated for typhoid. However, as his condition deteriorated, I thought about this but was too scared to voice it or to go for a test. After his death, his mother confided in me and with her support, I was finally able to go for a test. Was I scared and confused? Thoroughly! The test came back positive and I went through counselling and later started treatment. The funny thing was that I never felt angry with him for infecting me and can to that extent say the question of forgiving him did not arise. I guess this was because I loved him and at the time I gave in to him, I was ready to make love with him and was looking forward to spending the rest of my life with him. The main issue was I could not bring myself to forgive ME. I felt I had let myself and all that I represented down. I gave my life to Christ at an early age and had kept myself throughout university and NYSC, so why did I have to be so careless at that mature age. I also hated myself because I was very aware of the risks of unprotected sex but had failed to exercise caution when it came to me and him. A quick trip to the hospital to screen him for stds could have prevented my life from taking the downward spiral it went into. Also I could have insisted on him using condom. We did try initially but with trying to disvirgin me, it kept slipping and bursting so we just let go. I guess I got careless with all the hormones raging through my system and the fact that we were spending an exciting valentine weekend together. I also failed to ask him much about his previous intimate history/ies as we were both "christians" and were planning to spend our lie together. How foolish! It hasn't been easy living with myself but I am gradually learning not to beat myself too much. My advice to anyone who cares to listen is before you take off your pants/boxers, both you and your partner should be screened. I would actually recommend abstinence till marriage because I believe at least in my case if I had kept my pants on, then possibly, during pre-marital intimate health screening, we could have picked this up and then I would have had a choice of dealing with the question whether or not I would have gone ahead and married him (assuming he was still alive at this point and we were still an item). Be faithful to each other, because if this could happen to me, then it can happen to anyone. Have an HIV and STD free life. It could happen to anyone. I pray it is not you. In my case I have learnt to cope with the disease, it is the stigma that has been debilitating. I have been so scarred that I have too scared of embarking on a relationship as I don't know what/how to tell interested suitors. I fear rejection as this has happened twice and I do not want to have my personal information out there only for the guy to develop cold feet. Aside from this, life has been good.

check online dating site..you can be lucky

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Wonders Of Black Palm Kernel Oil / Bauchi: Illegal Abortions Responsible For Mysterious Deaths In Azare / How A Nairalander Saved My Pregnant And Dying Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.