Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? (4802 Views)

Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents / And What's So Special About The Male Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by doracle4(m): 9:44am On Jan 29, 2008
During an argument in the office, some persons said without a male child, a man is never really complete and if his wife cannot give birth to a male child, he should marry a second wife. They based their argument on the fact that even in the bible, God always considered the male specimen in everything he did. He always promises the people He keeps any convenant with with a male child. What do you think considering the fact that in Africa, the male child means more than a million dollars.
The room is open for your opinion.
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by shapey(f): 11:41am On Jan 29, 2008
thank you d_oracle. this goes on in most places in nigeria.my mother was a victim too.i am the fourth of 5 kids,all girls(women now though~).it was a lot of hell growing up seeing my mother the way we did. my dad died when i was 18yrs old in a car crash.that was when i saw the other side of his people and what he was protecting us from.

i used to see my father quarell and storm out of family meetings when we go to the village for one thing or the other.i got to know that his people were always asking him to get another wife,and threatening hail and brimstome if he didn't. He sttod by my mother all along.they even tried to poison us.

when my father died,they said my eldest sister should have a baby with a man in our village.that was the last straw. my mother did all she could to get us out of the country as fast as possible.
it does not matter.children are children be they girls or boys. It is what we NEED to experience that will be given to us,not what we WANT.

so guys,let your wives be okay.girls boys,they are all humanbeings and deserved to be loved and cared for.

4 Likes

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by doracle4(m): 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2008
Shapey, i was really moved by the experiences you went through. I actually told my colleagues that even if i give birth to only 3 girls, it will be all i need but then they kept pointing to the same issues you just mentioned about the extended family need for a male in the family.
I keep asking do i have to marry several women just to satisfy their needs for a male? Do i have to play God in getting a male child? Are women really nothing in Africa?
God help us all.

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by tdops: 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2008
Shapey, May God continue to heal your marriage, as for this post on male children, I think it is time that Nigerians learn that first of all it is not the woman's fault that they do not have male kids, These uneducated Nigerians need to be educated about X and Y chromosomes, infact if anyone is to blame then it is the man as he did not produce the Y chromosome.

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/chromosome=Y

So Nigerian men need to produce the Y chromosome so that they can have a male child, no matter how many women they marry, if they do not donate the Y chromosome, then they wont have a male child

I think it is time that Nigerian women start making noise and stop tolerating such nonsense. I get so mad when I hear this, AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Nwaka77: 3:39am On Feb 09, 2008
Even the educated ones believe it is the woman's fault if she does not bear a male son. What a world we live in. There are so many marraiges getting torn apart everyday in Nigeria and Africa as a whole because of these issue. Come to think of it, woman are always blamed for everything, its like you can't win. If you don't marry, its a problem, if you marry but you don't start having children right away, its a problem, if you marry "on time", get preganant right away but don't give birth to a mail offspring, na wahala, if your husband passes away before you, its a problem (they will will say na you kill am). I don't blame those who say they won't marry at all. Marrying from some parts of the world is "too much coconut, not enough juice" as my aunty from Haiti would say. In other words, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. If God granted we humans all our wishes, then these sons that almost all men seem to so desperately want will find no wives because don't you need to bear daughters to have women in society in the not-so-distant future? So much for marrying for companionship. No wonder there are so many broken homes out there because humans will not be satisfied with what God has given them in terms of children.

I tire! undecided

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by almondjoy(f): 10:32am On Feb 09, 2008
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!

Tell that to George W. Bush and Bill Clinton! kiss

Well it may be so in the Africa context.  But thank God for the kind of father I have, who valued all his kids equally. He does not even intend to leave a will behind designating his estate to anyone in particular.  Everything will be divided equally he says and my brothers did not even blink! They don't even care because they are too busy working hard to leave their own legacies.

May I remind you that this your so-called bible was written by "men" inspired by only Mount Rushmore knows what.  A very chauvinistic doctrine if I may add.  The reason I can NEVER quote anything from there.

Male child ma eye!

There are many male children roaming the streets of Nigeria. Some executed by firing squad for armed robbery and other heinous crimes. I am so dead sure their arses were worth a million pound sterling too. kiss

Nwaka77:

Even the educated ones believe it is the woman's fault if she does not bear a male son. What a world we live in. There are so many marraiges getting torn apart everyday in Nigeria and Africa as a whole because of these issue. Come to think of it, woman are always blamed for everything, its like you can't win.

If you don't marry, its a problem, if you marry but you don't start having children right away, its a problem, if you marry "on time", get preganant right away but don't give birth to a mail offspring, na wahala, if your husband passes away before you, its a problem (they will will say na you kill am).

I don't blame those who say they won't marry at all. Marrying from some parts of the world is "too much coconut, not enough juice" as my aunty from Haiti would say. In other words, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. If God granted we humans all our wishes, then these sons that almost all men seem to so desperately want will find no wives because don't you need to bear daughters to have women in society in the not-so-distant future? So much for marrying for companionship. No wonder there are so many broken homes out there because humans will not be satisfied with what God has given them in terms of children.

I tire! undecided

You can only be tired if you pay attention to such garbage. Pay them no mind please. cheesy
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by chikito1(f): 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2009
As we all know a woman is responsible for anything and everything. Men should learn to take responsibilities.

What has relatives got to do with this? A woman is married to her husband and not relatives. She is only related,

The husband should be able to protect his wife and family from relatives who act as devil's advocate. But i guess the best thing

is never get your extended family involved from the start of your marriage. Let there be a rope and let them know were they

can get and not get to when it comes to your family issues please.

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by drrionelli(m): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2009
Why is it that male children are of such importance in modern culture?

How is it possible that ignorance to the point of not knowing who determines gender is made manifest? Is it not more a concern that persons who don't understand the most basic aspects of reproduction are, themselves, being allowed to reproduce?

Is this desire for propagation of a skewed ratio of male:female births little more than[i] eugenics[/i]?

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by maedan(f): 11:25pm On Jan 19, 2009
The height of chauvinism! In this day and age? Ask the soon-to-be-inaugurated Obama, he has just two little girls, and he sure is man enough to be the most powerful ruler in d world right now. Men (so called) should learn to stop limiting themselves - and their innocent wives - to an entity they'll always see as second best - daughters.

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by kokorunna(m): 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2009
I know most families will prefer to have a male child but its nobody's fault if you never have one in life.

Its only God that provides Male or Female, you can marry as many wife's as you like and still never have a male child.

In Nigeria, its very common when fathers always say that they must have a male child who will carry their name (To me its all bullshit)

You can have a male child and then he is very wayward, who will carry the name. Female child are as talented as males one, take whatever God gives you and be proud of it.

www.churchwhereabouts.com wink
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by JustGood(m): 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2009
You guys must be living in Nigeria of 1918.

Who cares about such things in this day and age?

Men talk about such things but only for fun, never seriously. I've also had such funny discussions with friends but we were never serious about them. . . just things to laugh about.

Get a life!
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by maedan(f): 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2009
Come to think of it, which bloodline or family name are these male-child manics talking about? You want ur name to go on forever abi, good for you. How many children or even sons did Jesus have, but His legacy will live forever. So many men have made their names live on, not through their children(sons) but from their own achievements. so like JustGood said, get a life!

And to remind you: the same blood that would flow through a son's veins flows through your daughters, is she less a human being made from your sperm bc she's a girl? Any man beating himself up because he has only daughters has no respect or value for human life.

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by omooloye1(f): 11:54am On Jan 21, 2009
I wonder what is special in having a male child.All these people trying to kill their wives because of a male child are just bunch of ingrates.As if they can create a humanbeing.Couples without children will not be so choosy I bet.I feel it's sheer ignorance for a man to blame his wife for not bearing a male child in this age.Havent we seen women Presidents,Senators,Vice-Chancellors,Inventors,Legends, etc abeg! the list is endless

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Taken(m): 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2009
@ poster But what is your own opinion on the issue?

if the promises is for male child only (coming from bible point of view), females like Esther, Mary, and many others would not be heard off.
I think everyone has their parts to play in the program of God. Male or female, children na be children.
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Truequest(m): 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2009
And if God no give you at all nko? What will you do? Excuse me please hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Rogo: 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2009
girl child that are cool headed are better than boy who will bring in problems and cause the family name to the drain. to hell with some of you whose attitude is to marry millions of wives and women all the names of boy child (male) children are children all depends the way they are brought up.
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by MaiSuya(m): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2009
JustGood:

You guys must be living in Nigeria of 1918.

Who cares about such things in this day and age?

Men talk about such things but only for fun, never seriously. I've also had such funny discussions with friends but we were never serious about them. . . just things to laugh about.

Get a life!

VERY, VERY TRUE. this is the 21st century FCOL!!!
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by xavier3(m): 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2009
its crazy how men behave when their wives dont give birth to male children. thanks to my being educated i know that the man is responsible for the sex of a baby, so if any man pesters his wife for a male child she should beat him up and break bottle on his head because he is the problem.
its a whole biology thing that i dont have time to explain but heres a tip:
the man has got x and Y chromosomes and the woman only has Y chromosomes. so in the sperm X carries male genes and Y female genes which ever gets to the egg first decides the sex of the baby because that is part of one of the functions of the sperm

i am glad i know this so if i end up having only girls then i would know it is my fault, but hey i prefer having female kids to boys. boys as kids will give you a migraine. so whoever says i aint a man for wanting all my kids in future to be girls then that person is insane and should burn in hell with his ideals
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by amaikama(m): 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2009
A german doctor was said one can determine the sex of a child with his wife wenever they make love. it been long i read the article though i would have shared it with u all.
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Horus(m): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2009
Mitochondria DNA is only inherited from the mother. It’s not a mixture of both parents’ genes, like nuclear DNA, so it preserves a family record that isn’t scrambled in every generation.
The word Mitochondria is from the New Latin: Greek mitos, warp thread + Greek khondrion, diminutive of khondros, meaning “grain, granule.”
If a woman fails to have a daughter her genes disappear, because the mitochondria DNA does not pass on. The same way you are taught that a family name disappears if a son is not born, so it is with mitochondria. This was a deliberate attempt by men to suppress the dominating gene in women, by placing the philosophy that without a son, the family lineage dies. This is not true, if a daughter is not born in the family, then your genes disappear, because the mitochondria DNA can only be inherited by the female of the family.

Source: http://factology.com/front10_10_99.htm

Sacred Records Of Neter Aaferti Atum-Re

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Leilah(f): 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2009
There is someone i know here in Dublin. She had been trying for about four years and her husband used to call her names cos there was no son. finally, thank God she had a boy in the end!
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Sissy3(f): 9:53am On Apr 10, 2009
@ post

male child are very important for ONLY one reason i think. and the reason is lineage continuation and it is only a male child who can be able to continue the family lineage . when the female marries, she leaves her fathers house and takes on her husband's last name and when there is no male in the family to continue on with the family name, the family line is closed.

at least, where i am from, i know of a family that their lineage has completely closed. the woman had 3 females, no male. the husband died, the first daughter also died and one of the daughters married remaining the mom and one daughter, later old age got up with the mom she also died. and the remaining daughter married out. the family house and name closed. grasses grew everywhere, the house went down and that was the end of that family. the daughters never came back. their family name erased, if only the family had a male child the family lineage would have continued.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by sammyzacks(m): 10:42am On Apr 10, 2009
children are gifts from God.We accept them regardless of their gender. Mind you in Christ Jesus there is no male, no female.
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by minniepoe(f): 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ drrionelli
you will be surprised at the number of men stillclamouring for a male child. It is not far fetched that most families cherish to have at least a male son either consciously or unconciously.
It is also the joy every woman to have both male and female children. but in a situation where the male child isnt coming then what can one do. except to thank God.
Even the educated men also wish for male children. most men would rather have all males than have all females. either educated or not educated! but i believe God gives us what he knows is best for us.

True science has proved it that a man is responsible for the sex of the child and not the woman.
not having a male child does not make one less a man.
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2009
///
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Ilelobola: 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2009
~Sissy~:

@ post

male child are very important for ONLY one reason i think. and the reason is lineage continuation and it is only a male child who can be able to continue the family lineage . when the female marries, she leaves her fathers house and takes on her husband's last name and when there is no male in the family to continue on with the family name, the family line is closed.

at least, where i am from, i know of a family that their lineage has completely closed. the woman had 3 females, no male. the husband died, the first daughter also died and one of the daughters married remaining the mom and one daughter, later old age got up with the mom she also died. and the remaining daughter married out. the family house and name closed. grasses grew everywhere, the house went down and that was the end of that family. the daughters never came back. their family name erased, if only the family had a male child the family lineage would have continued.

The overgrown grass in the family house is not due to the sex of the children, they were probably not brought up to remember home or home is too far, a male child could have done exactly the same. My mom's parents had 2 surviving daughters and the 2 of them have been looking after their father's houses since their parents' death. The far away property, they've let out and they've moved a relative that needs the place to another. Not sure they would have done any different if they were male, surely they wouldn't have left their own homes and moved into their father's house in the name of family lineage? If you bring up your female child(ren) to be the best they can be- and even if you don't- no one can write her biography without mentioning you as you will forever be her parent. Was Anini not a male child? What did he do for the family name?

2 Likes

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by amarilo: 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2009
Itz not only men that feel worried when their is no male child. Mothers too worry about it that showz u how important it is to have a male child.
At the same time what ever God gives us we shall take.
I pray He mix them up for me as He did for my parents.
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by tope2000(f): 11:27pm On Apr 17, 2009
So some guys are less of a MAN just because they dont have a male child?? undecided

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Sissy3(f): 4:22am On Apr 18, 2009
tope2000:

So some guys are less of a MAN just because they dont have a male child?? undecided

in Africa at least, that is sometimes the general belief at least i know some women who have gone through hell all because they don't have any male child and their husbands ridiculed. however, in the western world there is little to no difference between the two. also in china they value male child more, so i think it kinda depends on the culture
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Outstrip(f): 6:14am On Apr 18, 2009
I can use my uncle in Nigeria as an example. He works for a big oil company and he is well off and the only son of his parents. He has two kids and they are both girls. My Aunty wanted more but after a difficult pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage he said no more. He will not lose his wife because she wants a son for him. Most people will almost keel over hearing that they are both content having only girls when he is an only son but my uncle is just fine with it and they have a very beautiful marriage.

1 Like

Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 18, 2009
//
Re: You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? by tope2000(f): 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2009
~Sissy~:

in Africa at least, that is sometimes the general belief at least i know some women who have gone through hell all because they don't have any male child and their husbands ridiculed. however, in the western world there is little to no difference between the two. also in china they value male child more, so i think it kinda depends on the culture

I am aware of that but really its not the woman's fault that she didnt have a male child niether is it the man's. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pains Of A House Wife / 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! / 9 Things To Know If You Want To Marry Ekiti Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.