Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial (7642 Views)

How I Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp For A Bank Interview / Batch B14(stream 2) Corps Member To Return To Camp For Their Drills / JNI Wants Separate Camp For Male And Female Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by digitalsimboja: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2012
please i want to leave camp to go for the burial of my dad on November 17. But we will still be in camp then.

how do i obtain permission.

please advise
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by CrazyMan(m): 9:59am On Oct 31, 2012
Leaving an NYSC camp is almost impossible.

But if its as urgent as you claimed, then you can contact your camp Director or State Director...I'm sure that if you can bring up tangible reasons why you must leave, they'll succumb to your request.

Which state do you happen to be serving in?
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by digitalsimboja: 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
CrazyMan: Leaving an NYSC camp is almost impossible.

But if its as urgent as you claimed, then you can contact your camp Director or State Director...I'm sure that if you can bring up tangible reasons why you must leave, they'll succumb to your request.

Which state do you happen to be serving in?

Edo state Sir
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by CrazyMan(m): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2012
digitalsimboja:
Edo state Sir
That's good...just do as I said earlier, and I'm sure that they would grant you your request.

Good luck.
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by cuteyangel(f): 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
Try to get a proof showin ur dad died recently and a proof of d burial holdin on d said day cos dey wnt blive it wivout dis.take hat n best of luck
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by bigx(m): 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2012
Its not impossible, when I did my NYSC I spent only 1 week in camp and only returned on the day of posting.
Take the documents the previous posters told you to take and try to meet a highly placed official directly.
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by dilbert100: 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2012
everyone should be allowed to attend a parents funeral shocked shocked
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by greggng: 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2012
my friend there is no impossibility there. in my own case i was on a special diet and as a result i wasn't eating the camp food, i was advised to write a letter through my platoon inspector to the camp commander. photocopy of my meal ticket and a letter from the corper doctor in camp was attached ...that was it. you can start by attaching death certificate of your father as an evidence. You will be granted what they call EXEAT.
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
Todays 16th already... I hope u've already had ur way.
Its not a difficult task.
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
Tell them you must attend to pay ur last respects, a junior military friend was flown to d venue to salute his dad and flown back immediately.

Just get al d documents and tell ur platoon officer to assist yu.I c no reason y u musnt go.NYSC is voluntary
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2012
For health grounds it's very possible. My girlfriend used that (something about a lump in her breast which she treated years ago) to come see me when i was on admission at the hospital.

...however for a burial...which is not a life and death situation they really won't be interested in granting you an exit permit. But if you pester them tirelessly then maybe...just maybe.
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by olempe(m): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
greggng: my friend there is no impossibility there. in my own case i was on a special diet and as a result i wasn't eating the camp food, i was advised to write a letter through my platoon inspector to the camp commander. photocopy of my meal ticket and a letter from the corper doctor in camp was attached ...that was it. you can start by attaching death certificate of your father as an evidence. You will be granted what they call EXEAT.

Do this and u'll be allowed to go.
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by Agbgift(f): 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2012
My guy, it is very possible o. I only spent one week on camp during my tym, cos I had proffessional exams to write. Our camp cordinator asked me to came back a day to posting. So for u. Its is very possible dey will allow u leave. Nysc is nt as bad as people paint it to be. Accept my condlence.
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by chino4(m): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
A§ dey have said,request to see the camp director who I believe would approve it.He may only ask u go and write a formal application to that effect.
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by MMM2(m): 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
Op

Jump ur camp fence
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by 1forall: 1:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
It's possible to leave NYSC camp just for the heck of it.

In my camp days I routinely left camp to go to town for better food, and to visit people I knew had been serving there ahead of me. There was some guy who left after registration and only returned a few days to posting day.

In your own case it's your Dad's funeral which is a far more legitimate reason than 'I can't eat NYSC/mammy market food' so I don't see a problem here.

Just do the needful, and accept my sympathy over your loss.
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by Irunmole(m): 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2012
Compassionate leave? Bereavement leave? If you don't ask, you don't get.
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by slimyem: 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
that na small thing...
...and if you don't want to go through the long processes of filing for exeat,grease the right palms!!!
Na Naija way!
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by naijathings(m): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2012
i dont think i spent up to one week in camp. always in ADO-EKITI having fun with NYSC officials.
anything is possible if you relate with the right people where ever you are
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
digitalsimboja: please i want to leave camp to go for the burial of my dad on November 17. But we will still be in camp then.

how do i obtain permission.

please advise

MY DEAR IT IS VERY POSSIBLE
JUST LIASE WITH YOU PLATON COMMANDER, AND TALK TO THE CAMP PRO, I MAEN THE ONE THAT GIVES ANOUNCEMENT EVERY MORNING IN THE CAMP GROUND
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by stupor(m): 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2012
Accept my condolence.

meant no harm pal,You sounding like a lady !

Anyways accept my heartfelt sympathy.

You can always leave if you so wish tO,I remembered back then in 2003 when i was serving,a lot of my bunkmates used to leave camp for all weekend clubbing with or without anyones exeact permit.

Yours is quite different and legit and I absolutely believe you won't be turned down.
Re: Is It Possible To leave Nysc Camp For Father's Burial by dimejiguy: 7:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
Agbgift:
My guy, it is very possible o. I only spent one week on camp during my tym, cos I had proffessional exams to write. Our camp cordinator asked me to came back a day to posting. So for u. Its is very possible dey will allow u leave. Nysc is nt as bad as people paint it to be. Accept my condlence.
please how exactly did you go about it...am in the same position too ...I really dont knw wat to do

(1) (Reply)

Batch B 2014 : Yobe State / Corpers Posted To Zamfara State Meet Here. / NYSC 2021 Batch C both streams Corp Members Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.