Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,393 members, 7,781,132 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back (9571 Views)

Buhari, Is This The Darkness Before Dawn? - JAPHETH OMOJUWA / The Nigeria Army is Slowly But Steadily Destroying Boko Haram. / Liquidation Of Phcn : The Facts, Farce And Shape Of Days Ahead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Odunnu: 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
maclatunji:

We need to sell PHCN first to competent companies before we can dream of steady power. Forget all that Propaganda by Beaf and his stooges.
would have given a proper reply if you didnt paint my online hero-Beaf bad.
For now, i'll just waka pass
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by iahmed(m): 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2012
And the bills keep coming in despite d fact that light is for 3 hrs a day at odd times,like 12am-3am
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by enquirydon: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
so
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by SisiKill1: 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
Whaaaaaa? Darkness?!! In Our Country?!! The country where the whole of the President took over just to ensure we have light?!

OP take it back! Take it back right now!! angry angry

Are you really expecting us to believe darkness is creeping back where we celebrate 3 straight days of light?

I got news for you dude, you have failed! The enemy of progress who is paying your salary to spread this false news in order to make the FG look bad has failed. FAILED! FAILED! FAILED!!!

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Chidi4u(m): 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
When an Igbo man is in Authority the people rejoice and are happy.Bart you did you best but God knows the rest.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by ayoolagbenga: 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2012
MAY GOD HELPS OUS
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Olaolufred(m): 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
soloqy:

Reno Omokri was all about talking of all the 'work' done by FG on PHCN, where is he now?

They do not see anything wrong in "Talking the Work".
But "Working the talk" is a forbidden fruit.
If Jona Failed to fix power, Then He has nothing remaining for him in 2015.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Abbey2sam(m): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
it's so confusing to hear that water level is low when flood want kill us
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by doctokwus: 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
This is one time when one gets annoyed wt nigerians& their level of reasoning.When some of us were making it known that dere was nothing GEJ has done dat would account for d supposed increased power generation& dat its a seasonal phenomenon,some sycophants were shouting dat one magic has bn done.Sacking of Nnaji at d time it was done was d best thing to av happened to that man;he has been made a hero of a phantom power improvement,something that was seasonal& for which I insist he largely had nothing to do about

2 Likes

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Telthetruth(m): 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
hmmmmmmmmm, in my area (business area precisely) we are having 20hrs power supply from PHCN since the past 2 weeks. But am scared because i don't how it's gonna be by next week though. I DN'T TRUST THEM (PHCN) FOR A BIT.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by landinfo: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mehn no lite in ijesha 4 the pas 1wk pluz
i fiti dis kountri
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Maxwell86(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
feelamong: hei cool down!!! This is the ripple effect of Hurricane Sandy (Dame) grin

How else can we know that some natural disaster just happened.

BTW Some Oyinbo people in USA have been without light for the past 48hrs; why una dey complain like this self?

Your Post is SENSELESS...
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva: Gradually, we're going back to the pre-Nnaji days.

When we heard the shout, ''Up NEPA'' once in a month.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by peaceland(m): 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2012
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
Abbey2sam: it's so confusing to hear that water level is low when flood want kill us

Abi oo, make dem convert flood into electricity....chei, hehehe.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
Psalter: The darkness is not just creeping back but fully back. The water level is going down and so is power being generated. It only goes to show tat nothing is being done to improve power supply in this country. The same old story. It is rather unfortunate Nigeria is still lagging behind in every area. Our leaders are so selfish and indiscipline. It's high time we took our destiny in oiur hands. We can't continue like this. My fear for our children.

what are you suggesting?
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Leobreezy(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Whaaaaaa? Darkness?!! In Our Country?!! The country where the whole of the President took over just to ensure we have light?!

OP take it back! Take it back right now!! angry angry

Are you really expecting us to believe darkness is creeping back where we celebrate 3 straight days of light?

I got news for you dude, you have failed! The enemy of progress who is paying your salary to spread this false news in order to make the FG look bad has failed. FAILED! FAILED! FAILED!!!
Are you being sarcastic or are you simply stu.pid?? So to your myopic mind, 3 days of light is worth throwing a carnival abi? So what about the remaining 362 days? Shall we continue to languish in power failure forever?? Can't your beloved president do something about it? BTW, these aren't libelous claims. What op said is true and other nairalanders, I included, attest to the veracity of this claim. Electricity supply has deteriorated over the past few weeks in what seems to be many parts of the country. So clear that sawdust from your head.

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
And the fuelling stations for my Area has witness an upsurge in the amount of gallons sales, As a result of the reduction Of Power Supply accompanied by a rise in PHCN tariff. God Help us this fuelling stations now charge fifty naira for Kegs..
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
sugar 001: O really! I am not alone in this.... Plus there is this terrible fuel scarcity in ph.... No fuel to even put in the generator.

How come some1 was telling me yesterday say fuel brekete for PH @ N97 per litre

Dis coun3 sef, i no fit tire 4 u, nah u go tire 4 me. Gan....
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Leobreezy(m): 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
feelamong: hei cool down!!! This is the ripple effect of Hurricane Sandy (Dame) grin

How else can we know that some natural disaster just happened.

BTW Some Oyinbo people in USA have been without light for the past 48hrs; why una dey complain like this self?
^^ just another benighted fool on duty.

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
The power improvement the last time was neither phantom nor due to excessive rain fall. The truth is that power generation peaked at above 4,300megawatts recently, an unprecedented high. But even as power generation peaks, so also are new buildings sprouting here and there daily, connecting to the national grid and sucking up power. What has happened is that the demand has caught up with the new power generation peak of 4,300MW. Also the distribution system(transformers and all that) is still in a mess. For there to be sustainable improvement in power supply, our power generation must peak at above 10,000MW. Also the distribution networks must be seriously overhauled. Yes there has been some depreciation in power supply in Enugu where I reside but not as bad as last yr or the yr before. But ANY area that reports lack of power supply for more than 24hrs MUST definitely have local issues, eg TRANSFORMER fault. But the good news is that power sector reforms are still on course. We expect more megawatts to be added to the national grid as the NIPP and IPP power projects come on stream. Also the privatisation, which is almost being concluded, is expected to overhaul the distribution system, which is presently in a MESS.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
binger: Be patient and hopeful...there is light at the end of the tunnel.Privatization of the power sector, i beleive,is the best catalyst for positive change.Its only a matter of time.

Where are you coming from

But i wonder why nothing is working in this con3. hmmm.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Cleanman(m): 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
I enjoy 22hrs minimum of electricity per day!...i aint gonna paste my state here make una no come pour san-sam for me garri.

1 Like

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Cleanman(m): 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
I enjoy 22hrs minimum of electricity per day!...i aint gonna paste my state here make una no come pour san-san for me garri.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
Psalter: My fear for our children.
That's the reason why a lot of people are running to developed countries. The future looks bleak in Nigeria.
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: The power improvement the last time was neither phantom nor due to excessive rain fall. The truth is that power generation peaked at above 4,300megawatts recently, an unprecedented high. But even as power generation peaks, [size=18pt]so also are new buildings sprouting here and there daily, connecting to the national grid and sucking up power. What has happened is that the demand has caught up with the new power generation peak of 4,300MW. [/size]

Also the distribution system(transformers and all that) is still in a mess. For there to be sustainable improvement in power supply, our power generation must peak at above 10,000MW. Also the distribution networks must be seriously overhauled. Yes there has been some depreciation in power supply in Enugu where I reside but not as bad as last yr or the yr before. But ANY area that reports lack of power supply for more than 24hrs MUST definitely have local issues, eg TRANSFORMER fault. But the good news is that power sector reforms are still on course. We expect more megawatts to be added to the national grid as the NIPP and IPP power projects come on stream. Also the privatisation, which is almost being concluded, is expected to overhaul the distribution system, which is presently in a MESS.

Can you imagine this F0OL? what do u take us for? u head must be banging on the floor daily for you to spew that nonsese. infact e no go better for your "enemies"

so new building sprouting up have consumed all your 4,300 megawatts? ko ni da fun awon ti o baa tie je

4 Likes

Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: The power improvement the last time was neither phantom nor due to excessive rain fall. The truth is that power generation peaked at above 4,300megawatts recently, an unprecedented high. But even as power generation peaks, [size=18pt]so also are new buildings sprouting here and there daily, connecting to the national grid and sucking up power. What has happened is that the demand has caught up with the new power generation peak of 4,300MW. [/size]

Also the distribution system(transformers and all that) is still in a mess. For there to be sustainable improvement in power supply, our power generation must peak at above 10,000MW. Also the distribution networks must be seriously overhauled. Yes there has been some depreciation in power supply in Enugu where I reside but not as bad as last yr or the yr before. But ANY area that reports lack of power supply for more than 24hrs MUST definitely have local issues, eg TRANSFORMER fault. But the good news is that power sector reforms are still on course. We expect more megawatts to be added to the national grid as the NIPP and IPP power projects come on stream. Also the privatisation, which is almost being concluded, is expected to overhaul the distribution system, which is presently in a MESS.

Can you imagine this F0OL? what do u take us for? u head must be banging on the floor daily for you to spew that nonsense. infact e no go better for your "enemies"

so new building sprouting up have consumed all your 4,300 megawatts? ko ni da fun awon ti o baa tie je
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by tatosh: 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2012
It has become so terrible...says a lot about the government of the day SHADY
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by doctokwus: 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
cry
Sincere 9gerian: The power improvement the last time was neither phantom nor due to excessive rain fall. The truth is that power generation peaked at above 4,300megawatts recently, an unprecedented high. But even as power generation peaks, so also are new buildings sprouting here and there daily, connecting to the national grid and sucking up power. What has happened is that the demand has caught up with the new power generation peak of 4,300MW. Also the distribution system(transformers and all that) is still in a mess. For there to be sustainable improvement in power supply, our power generation must peak at above 10,000MW. Also the distribution networks must be seriously overhauled. Yes there has been some depreciation in power supply in Enugu where I reside but not as bad as last yr or the yr before. But ANY area that reports lack of power supply for more than 24hrs MUST definitely have local issues, eg TRANSFORMER fault. But the good news is that power sector reforms are still on course. We expect more megawatts to be added to the national grid as the NIPP and IPP power projects come on stream. Also the privatisation, which is almost being concluded, is expected to overhaul the distribution system, which is presently in a MESS.
Its people like u dat make sensible arguments foolhardly.So its d crop of new houses dat made d almighty 4300 MW no longer adequate? cry
Sincere 9gerian: The power improvement the last time was neither phantom nor due to excessive rain fall. The truth is that power generation peaked at above 4,300megawatts recently, an unprecedented high. But even as power generation peaks, so also are new buildings sprouting here and there daily, connecting to the national grid and sucking up power. What has happened is that the demand has caught up with the new power generation peak of 4,300MW. Also the distribution system(transformers and all that) is still in a mess. For there to be sustainable improvement in power supply, our power generation must peak at above 10,000MW. Also the distribution networks must be seriously overhauled. Yes there has been some depreciation in power supply in Enugu where I reside but not as bad as last yr or the yr before. But ANY area that reports lack of power supply for more than 24hrs MUST definitely have local issues, eg TRANSFORMER fault. But the good news is that power sector reforms are still on course. We expect more megawatts to be added to the national grid as the NIPP and IPP power projects come on stream. Also the privatisation, which is almost being concluded, is expected to overhaul the distribution system, which is presently in a MESS.
Its people like u dat make sensible arguments foolhardly.So its d crop of new houses dat made d almighty 4300 MW no longer adequate?
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
It is unfortunate that most Nigerians were fooled by the little power supply of past few months. Only few of us that know their trend realise that PCHN perfoms better during rainy season than dry season
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by dridowu: 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
Na true yarn, 2wks ago i praise PHCN 4 NL, but now na real curse dos pple deserve
Re: PHCN : The Darkness Is Slowly Creeping Back by ubong560(m): 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
Am nt dsapntd cos i wasnt expcting light frm nepa abi na power holding dem dey call am. Blessed ar dos who do nt expect 4 they shal nt b disapnted. Nigeria/Nigerian govt officials/agencies/parastatals etc ar all fvck. No thanks 2 dem. I cant even remember wen last i set my eyes on nepa light here - calabar.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Nation Rally:policeman’ Raises Alarm;“we Are Suffering Spiritual Attack / Orji Kalu Wins APC Senatorial Ticket Unopposed / Orji Kalu: Tinubu’s Presidency Will Benefit Igbo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.