Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs (20164 Views)

The Inner Streets Of Aba Are Becoming Relatively Neater_pics / Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV / 4 Weeks In Power : Ikpeazu Changing The Face Of Aba Roads_igberetv.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by kingingkinging: 10:53am On Nov 01, 2012
Sky Blue:

You are not doing ANYTHING new with this. There have been threads where someone tried to raise issue with regards to roads or something of the sort in a South western state, and before long, people were posting pictures of Aba and other places in the south east, as if that had anything to do with it. This back and forth bickering is sickening and hinders us from targetting leaders, no wonder they get away with murder. I mean, is this all Nigeria has to offer, online Igbo Yoruba fights?? No hour is complete on this forum without some thread degenerating into on of these petty and ridiculously childish skirmishes. And what is most disappointing, is that the most vocal of the bunch actually live abroad (some have never even been to Nigeria). I really can't understand it, it really is confounding. Some people will call it "tribalism" to make themselves feel better since in their own head it is not as bad as racism.

You are not even good at raising propaganda. You showed a picture from Ilorin-manger, Akure-playground, Oshogbo-children playing, maybe 2 from Ibadan-gutter. How do you compare that with Metro part in ABA? Do u expect gutter to be made with gold ( no excuse for dirtiness), or a manger to be made with marble? The last time I checked, Ilroing, Oshogbo, Akure,etc are few of the cleaniest places u can visit,ask those who have been there. Abia is an oil producing states, why are the roads so dilapidated. Osun and Kwara dont have oil and are very beautiful and clean.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 01, 2012
Paul John: What do you guys actually gain in displaying our stone age condition to the world?

It adds nada to us in any way

If anyone has a problem with the condition of a state, why not make your own effort/contribution in making it better, rather than responding to it in a cruel way angry

Berra Seen than Heard! cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Abagworo(m): 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
kingingkinging:

You are not even good at raising propaganda. You showed a picture from Ilorin-manger, Akure-playground, Oshogbo-children playing, maybe 2 from Ibadan-gutter. How do you compare that with Metro part in ABA? Do u expect gutter to be made with gold ( no excuse for dirtiness), or a manger to be made with marble? The last time I checked, [b]Ilroing, Oshogbo, Akure,[/b]etc are few of the cleaniest places u can visit,ask those who have been there. Abia is an oil producing states, why are the roads so dilapidated. Osun and Kwara dont have oil and are very beautiful and clean.

@bolded. Umuahia is far cleaner and more beautiful than those cities. Aba is not Abia State's capital. Seriously I do visit Oshogbo, Ilesha, Akure, Ogbomosho and Ibadan quite often. I think they are quite clean but ancient.

Again, there is this kind of false picture of Aba its residents give to outsiders that when you visit you'll be wondering if its same place you heard about. I went there last year amidst our Nairaland arguments and took pictures which I posted here and those Aba people still claimed it was just one road. Another Nairalander(I think Afam4eva) was also there and was surprised. Maybe they have a complex or something.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Afam4eva(m): 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abagworo:

@bolded. Umuahia is far cleaner and more beautiful than those cities. Aba is not Abia State's capital. Seriously I do visit Oshogbo, Ilesha, Akure, Ogbomosho and Ibadan quite often. I think they are quite clean but ancient.

Again, there is this kind of false picture of Aba its residents give to outsiders that when you visit you'll be wondering if its same place you heard about. I went there last year amidst our Nairaland arguments and took pictures which I posted here and those Aba people still claimed it was just one road. Another Nairalander(I think Afam4eva) was also there and was surprised. Maybe they have a complex or something.
I think Aba infrastructure is deteriorating and things can be better. But the way some people paint Aba you'll think that once you just land there you have to walk through a dump to get to wherever you're going.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by emindu: 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2012
these are the pictures of the completed roads

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by emindu: 12:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
real pictures of aba roads

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^ Save urself some sweats and Bandwidths Bro -- Aba needs a Kinda State of Emergency! embarassed
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by adeniyikassim: 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
sooo bad
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by truelovecom: 1:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
Living_Saint:
Bia, who join you for talk between me and my son honeric? No try am again or I dis-NL you o. Ahia zuwa. cool

kedu ife n'eme gi... bia, odika iweghi nsopuru..kparikwa onwe gi ebe ahu, anu mpa m!!
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Kinkiss(m): 1:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
†ђξ Governor of Abia State should resign cos he doesn't knw Y he Ȋ̝̊̅§ der. He only knws Н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇Ɯ 2 eat †ђξ money of †ђξ state wit his son.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by deaconfrost: 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
2 million: Why don't u show us d better part of Aba?, u r only showing us d bad part, show us d good part too n let's compare it with some western state capital n c which is better

there is no better road to show...
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Abagworo(m): 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva:
I think Aba infrastructure is deteriorating and things can be better. But the way some people paint Aba you'll think that once you just land there you have to walk through a dump to get to wherever you're going.

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Abagworo(m): 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
still same Aba.

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Werehkpe: 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2012
it will b d first time i will say this but " i think the country is CURSED

haba wat will it take to provide standard housings, roads and schools, power and education?

But these politicians will prefer to steal billions of dollars!!!!11111

It beats my imagination and understanding. We have much more dan several developed countries and yet we remain TOTALLY underdeveloped.

By d way dis is a rich state after they have oil dont they?

KAI! I SHAME FOR 9ja o
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by CVHP: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
Paul John: What do you guys actually gain in displaying our stone age condition to the world?

It adds nada to us in any way

If anyone has a problem with the condition of a state, why not make your own effort/contribution in making it better, rather than responding to it in a cruel way angry

How? what have u contributed? Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom are working. Do u forbid good tin in ur lineage?
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
mike404: This is an eye saw embarassed
EYESOUR
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by ABJay1: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
@OP: I really dont understand your purpose for this, that we have bad roads and refuse dumps in Aba is no news, SERIOUSLY!!??

Did you see the documentary done by BBC on Lagos? Did you see the refuse dumps and the people living off it? Are these the only places you could take pictures of in Aba?

You must really have time on your hand to be playing journalist- snapping refuse dumps up and down and bad roads...#Mstchewwww!!!!

Dude! you need to get laid... angry
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by ABJay1: 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
[quote author=Abagworo][/quote]

My brother abeg show them...@OP: Have you been to and through Agege lately, Oko-oba, shogunle and mafoluku in oshodi? Mushin? Igando, and the rest...don't act like Lagos is one heaven on earth...even America has its ghettos... Aba is not there yet like many other states in Nigeria- North ,South, East and West but it is not not devoid of development either.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by emindu: 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
some of the completed roads in Aba

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by 4chi: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
lancaster:
EYESOUR
Eye sore....
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by ikeyman00(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
@@@@

and where are the roads oo

we have been waiting for how long now?
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Abagworo(m): 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
AB-Jay:

My brother abeg show them...

My reason for posting the picture is because some people were running their mouth because we generally condemn bad things in our culture. That we unanimously agree and voice out with the poor state of roads in Aba and post pictures of them does not mean it is backwards. They tried to compare with cities in other parts of the country. I'm waiting for them to post aerial picture of their own cities for us to compare which is more developed. Roads are basically the problem we are having in the Southeast but not housing.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by tomakint: 7:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
Aba as a future mega city in the making is not too bad, but I would have loved to see ABRIBA(that place fine die wink) in pictures, I really enjoyed my stay back then in Isuikwuato local government! I visited Ovim (home of the Generals), Abriba, Ojukwu bunkers and war museum in Umuahia, and many other places. One would not believe it was the same place reduced to rubble after the war some forty something years ago!
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Tinyemeka(m): 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
billyG: A pity this is d heartland of d igbo piple,last time i pass thru Aba in dec.pple wher buying surgical mask(s) which sells dia like hot akara cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Very true. I saw similar cases.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by PrettieJ(f): 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
Not to worry, Theodore Orji is ON TOP OF THE SITUATION as usual.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by baysol: 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hiiieeeeeeeeew, phew what a filth. Igbo the cleanest people from behind. Yeye noise makers carrying their filthy habits come Lagos. Instead of keeping their bloated mouth shut in shame they 'll still be boasting what a shame what a waste.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Abagworo(m): 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
baysol: Hiiieeeeeeeeew, phew what a filth. Igbo the cleanest people from behind. Yeye noise makers carrying their filthy habits come Lagos. Instead of keeping their bloated mouth shut in shame they 'll still be boasting what a shame what a waste.

Apart from Lagos name which other city in the Southwest that is as advanced as Aba. Then show us pictures to prove. Not roadside but skyline pictures like the ones I posted.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by vanbonattel: 11:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abagworo: Everyday people will post about bad roads in Aba. Is Aba the only city in Nigeria? Every city has its challenges but IMHO, aren't people living in Aba good enough to open their drainages and construct their own roads? Why wait for Government? Is it Government that generates filth and dump them indiscriminately? I am aware that in Port Harcourt there are worse places but I can never live in such place and allow people dump refuses and block drainages that's in my neighborhood. Aba is not the State capital so it will be difficult to be the choice area for beautification. People there don't love their city. Calabar is clean not because the Government is getting excess money like Akwaibom, but because people there take pride in the cleanliness of their city. Same goes to Owerri.

So Aba people stop crying wolf. Repaint those houses, clear your drainage and use waste bags in refuse disposal before shifting the blame to Government.

People to open drainage and construct their own roads and not wait for government?
Your need to take your brain to be serviced by a motor mechanic!
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Abagworo(m): 12:28am On Nov 02, 2012
van bonattel:

People to open drainage and construct their own roads and not wait for government?
Your need to take your brain to be serviced by a motor mechanic!

So many streets in Port Harcourt were constructed through neighborhood self-help. Same with roads in many villages in Southeast. We cannot keep waiting for government to do everything especially waste handling.

@bolde I'm very much aware that Aba was constructed with good drainage system but the same Aba people dump refuse inside the drainage and wait for government to come and open them. Here in Port Harcourt, every 1st Saturday of every month, we open up all our drainages and each street will arrange for trucks that will convey the scooped garbage to the dump site. Why can't people in Aba do same?
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Syenite(m): 2:44am On Nov 02, 2012
Every Big city in d world has its good and bad sides. This is still Aba:

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Syenite(m): 2:49am On Nov 02, 2012
Same place as above:
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Syenite(m): 2:53am On Nov 02, 2012
This is still Aba o:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Asiwaju Clarence Olafemi Dumps Bello And Dino For Faleke. / PDP NWC Visits Tambuwal Ahead Of Supplementary Election In Sokoto - Photos / Tinubu Caps contains Occult symbols

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.