Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing (16591 Views)

Marijuana Is Bad To Health.true Or False / Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana / Pregnant Hemp Smoker Imprisoned-says Marijuana Is Good For Her Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by stacomaster(m): 6:47am On Nov 01, 2012
He Must Dreaming Right!! cry

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by tchaik(m): 6:52am On Nov 01, 2012
Stoners in da house! RESPECT to y'all

Lord Babs and Agassa, any topic/thread for #Stoners in nairaland? Just asking shaaaa
Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 01, 2012
bittyend: Seconded!

But definitely not skunk and cheese, just the normal marijuana.

I need to grab Nigerian medical weed card soon. cheesy

SmokeAthon!

grin grin grin So many niggas want to smoke weed legally grin grin grin Hail wisdom leaf~! grin grin grin LWKMD

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by perfectcrush(m): 6:58am On Nov 01, 2012
50calibre: You go fear na! So if marijuana is legalized and everyone starts smoking it, what about the madness and violence it will fuel? Just look at agberos
is everybody smokin cigarette

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by Asemo11(m): 7:10am On Nov 01, 2012
M M M: Cocaine is also good 4 d body system, becos it is used 4 drugs
where dis one come from

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by killuminati(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2012
Legalised or NOT, I'm still blazing like hell, chimney, and exhaust pipe smiley
Infact, e dey grow for my backyard cheesy

Shebi mr retardeen sef dey smoke, so what now?!

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by newacca: 7:33am On Nov 01, 2012
I support Seun Kuti on this. Cigarette has killed millions and causes cancer. Marijuana is medicinal, it cures. Marijuana is believed to be spiritual among Africans. It is called EWE OLA ( Herb of wealth) in Yoruba land.
+ for Marijuana!
cool kiss

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by Mckybarf(m): 7:45am On Nov 01, 2012
drpanaba:

After commending his brother Femi Kuti’s exciting performance alongside him on Stage at the concluded 2012 Felabration concert at the Afrika Shrine, Seun Kuti broached an argument supporting smoking marijuana against smoking cigarettes. Seun is son of foremost afro-beat rhythm crooner, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, acclaimed possessor of death in his pouch who died 15 years ago following his debilitation to AIDS.

In his home sitting on a cluttered, narrow street of Lagos in Ikeja, which recently was transformed into a museum and popularly called Afrika Shrine, family annually put up a week of concerts to celebrate the legacy of the afro-beat maestro otherwise dubbed Abami Eda.

Seun Kuti usurped the avenue after his stage performance reliving his father’s style at the 2012 edition of the Felabration concert in Afrika Shrine to speak on his support for weed smoking. Marijuana undoubtedly is his choice against cigarette, taken after his father’s choice of purposeful adoption of anything African against whatever appears to be of African colonization by the west.

He condemned the non-legalizing of Marijuana like cigarette, suggesting that the position of the law on the two products was illogical.

In his submission, the favored cigarette has lethal consequences, while the legally opposed marijuana was medicinal and good for human consumption. But, Seun said, the killing cigarette was favored because it was to the white man’s profit, stressing that marijuana would make black countries richer than the white if legalized. His argument is an absolute face off with cigarette consumption while beckoning marijuana to the spotlight.

Proclaiming this position through lyrics of songs, the young Fela marionette damned black politicians for taking the white’s advice against its own natural produce of ‘weed’, which he said was good after all, and accepting the white’s product which truncates lives.

“This song is about the good leaf; ewe rere. Me I nor dey say make Government legalize Igbo o. If Government like, them legalize am. If Government like, them nor legalize am. I’m smoking it mehn!” Seun introduced.

Continued Seun, “Our politicians nor get sense. Because the white man talk say Igbo nor good, them follow dem talk say Igbho nor good. But now, in the United States of America, dem dey smoke Igbho legally”.

Seun suggested that the west advised the black politicians against legalizing marijuana because they knew it would make the black countries rich.

“Igbo doesn’t kill, but cigarette dey kill. Because cigar na white man’s business, as far as you write ‘Smokers are liable to die young’, it becomes legal.

“Why not also put Igbo in a box and write Igbo smokers are liable to go crazy young?”, he quipped.

Seun encouraged further in songs; “plant am make e grow… e good, e good, e goodu well well… plant am make e grow”.

After his groovy performance on the stage, Seun an interview with citizen journalist Segun O’Law, reiterated this position stating the benefits of smoking marijuana to include ‘medicinal’. Although Seun warned that over sniffing of weed could intoxicate or drive a subject crazy, he stood in his submission that modest weed smoking was better than cigarette bearing the latter's deadly outcome.

“Marijuana is medical, and I feel Cigarette is selling legally because it is white man’s business. It is killing millions of people everyday.. Igbo is not killing anybody.

“Marijuana is not only for smoking. It’s used for a lot of things; you can make clothes, you can drink tea, it is good, it is medicinal, it helps your appetite, they give it to cancer patients.. a lot of benefits”, he explained.

Many celebrities in the Nigerian and foreign entertainment industries performed at the concluded 2012 edition of Felabration.

The atmosphere at Afrika Shrine, Felabration concert 2012 was beyond expectation, shrouded in thick fumes of discharges from countless wraps ‘igbo’.

Source: http://visionitesmagazine.com/mag/smoking-marijuana-is-healthy-but-cigarette-is-killing-seun-kuti-sings/
better to have dead peeps than to have those who have 'lost their keys' roaming the streets. Dont legalise anything jor. I have had my fill with seeing peeps who have lost it by use of marijuana.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by andyanders: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2012
Make him no worry he will soon turn to his late father.
Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by LagosBoi2(m): 7:46am On Nov 01, 2012
It shall be well with you Seun, Exactly my thought.
Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by dnawah(m): 7:49am On Nov 01, 2012
How many people has cigarette made mad?use ur common sense,wee no good!S.Kuti report urself to the nearest NDLA office for questioning.
Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by LagosBoi2(m): 7:51am On Nov 01, 2012
andyanders: Make him no worry he will soon turn to his late father.

same place you and everybody will end up...death is sure.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by Elebiju: 7:53am On Nov 01, 2012
polokor60: Get your facts right dude.It have being in africa for ages but it was never documented.Most folks are gullible to believe any article that is written by a foreign author without making their own research to get the true picture of things i.e where and how it emanated from.
if a plant that has been in existence since 3rd millenium BC can not be linked to Africa who are u to educate me about research,this is a forum where we share and broaden our knowledge,open ur mind idiota!
Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by agohavivi(f): 7:55am On Nov 01, 2012
Red-Light:
Seconded..
Africans are f0ol and its leaders are m0rons..

White man tell us say our religion no gud.. Dem dash us Jesus and mohammed ..take ifa (oracles) from and us say hin no good, say na babylon idol..used the same ifa to perfect science..(today africans dey kill, dey disown their own brother for foreign god while oyibo don use our own god against us)..
Dem tell us say weed no gud but we can take tobacco (that one they kill people) they used the same weed for drugs and stimulants..
When will black man use hin stinking black brain
Kettle calling the pot black. Do u realise you are yet to use yours. Please use yours first.
Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by 50calibre(m): 7:59am On Nov 01, 2012
kwajahafiz:

Dude reason this one out ok, I know it will be difficult, but try.
There was never anything wrong with ur culture black man.
there were certain practices like the ones u mentioned that would
have been done without, and the amenible ones kept, not entirely
rejecting our ancesteral ways and adopting another persons.

all succesfull countries are the ones that have maintained thier culture.
china, india, japan, meditarranean to name a few.
They also wear clothes and use cell phones , but they have largely
refused the whitemans religion, language and culture that is the secret
of thier success. i hope you have learned something black man.

Homo habilis should we also reject democracy and embrace tyranny? Yes because your proposition, it suggests we should. You say we are ok to accept the technology but retain our ideologies no matter how stupid they are right?

I don't suggest throwing our tradition away and neither have I? I'm still very much in tune with my tradition (i.e the sensible and logical ones) and I have discarded the ones that requires sacrificing a virgin.
Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by 50calibre(m): 8:08am On Nov 01, 2012
tchaik:

So Holland is full of Mad folks abi?
Please tell me, is Nigeria more peaceful than Netherland?
Just as @Redlight said; bro emancipate yaself now!

#Blazingtho
#StonerNation
#weed

Well, I have some exam questions for you, it might aid you learning.

1 - is holland Nigeria?

2 - prostitution is legal in holland, should it be legalized in Nigeria?

3 - is the population and poverty level in holland same as Nigeria?

4 - is the healthcare in holland same in Nigeria?

5 - is the level of policing and education in holland same in Nigeria?

After finishing the questions, submit and leave the hall.
Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by tellwsdom: 8:15am On Nov 01, 2012
[size=17pt]Now, anybody can say anything aby?? angry[/size]
Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by 50calibre(m): 8:16am On Nov 01, 2012
Lord Babs: sharaap there! Prior to the popularisation of weed, was there no madness and violence? And inspite of its prohibition, was there no madness and violence? So why not just legalise the stuff and enact laws to check its abuse? Illiteracy in action!

First it's either you do smoke marijuana yourself hence your defence or you are (well let me not call you names, I don't smoke)

I have a few questions for you

1 - do you know what a catalyst means?

2 - do you know what happens when petrol is poured in a fire?

3 - do you know the effects of marijuana on the human brain, lungs and psychology?

4 - that smoke that is produces, are you aware of the kind of gas it is?

Time allowed : 6 hours
Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by LordBabs(m): 8:26am On Nov 01, 2012
Mckybarf: better to have dead peeps than to have those who have 'lost their keys' roaming the streets. Dont legalise anything jor. I have had my fill with seeing peeps who have lost it by use of marijuana.
and what of people who have 'lost it' by use of alcohol? Why then not ban alcohol? Mscheew!

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by eherbal(m): 8:26am On Nov 01, 2012
50calibre: You go fear na! So if marijuana is legalized and everyone starts smoking it, what about the madness and violence it will fuel? Just look at agberos
smoke reasonably dude,smoke mildly.like every other good thing,don't abuse it.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by LordBabs(m): 8:29am On Nov 01, 2012
dnawah: How many people has cigarette made mad?use ur common sense,wee no good!S.Kuti report urself to the nearest NDLA office for questioning.
how many people has marijuana made mad? Prove it that the subject precipitated their madness!

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by lexylexy(m): 8:33am On Nov 01, 2012
digitalnaira: Since him(Seun kuti) mad effects never show 4 us to see. Make him continue dey smork, we go soon see am with body weh e never baf, pant wey dirty pass lawma truck and carbon-black teeth go sit down among wayward girls when run comot their papa house,dey national advice 4 front of camera. Like papa like pikin. So you want make we dey behave like Terry G and come end up like majek fashek abi.

abegi make we hear word joor. who told u everyone dat smoke look like terry and majek. Mind u these guys are on a higher level o. Am not saying they should legalize but the gaddem police should concentrate on catching real criminals instead of disturbing my peace everytime am at d joint blowing ma herbs. Shitta for life! grin

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by nosike3(m): 8:33am On Nov 01, 2012
imagine a world where we all smoke igbo!the violence would be beyond redemption..
Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by killuminati(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2012
50calibre:

First it's either you do smoke marijuana yourself hence your defence or you are (well let me not call you names, I don't smoke)

3 - do you know the effects of marijuana on the human brain, lungs and psychology?

oga abeg carry ur chemistry comot for here joor!
Na pesin say make ur brain no fit carry the weight... See this low-brain boy Oo shocked
Who gives a fucckk if you don't smoke? Abi pesin force am enter ur mouth? If dem legalise no mean say everybody must smoke fa... It is only for the wise and intellectual mind, ok!? So guy, park well with ur half-baked chemistry Abi you chop shyt? Abeg make way make I quay! *inhales and exhales*

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by LordBabs(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2012
50calibre:

guy, sorry, i'm alergic to puerile questions. And for the record, I'm a bonafide smoker. Care to join?

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by Okijajuju1(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2012
[b]Mr 50Callibre..

You sound like a child.. Your arguements are juvenile at best. I mean, you associated traditional African Religion with killing and primitive lifestyle of walking naked, living in mud houses and huts. Then we fast forward to the issue of Marijuana. And I read through your posts which reeks for sheer ignorance. What do you know about Cannabis Sativa?! How did it come about being banned?! Did you know that at one point, the United States were the largest importers of Canabis Sativa?!

I will be more than glad to take you on.. However, I would suggest you go and read up on the history of Canabis Sativa, How it became a banned substance, How despite Alcohol and Tobacco killing more people every year than car accidents, industrial accidents and even plane crashes they are yet to be banned, How Alcohol which was banned almost at the same time as Canabis is today legal in almost all the countries of the world and yet Canabis isnt..

Education is power son.. Grab yourself a book, its obvious you have no clue on this subject and that of African religion as well.

[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by Okijajuju1(m): 8:36am On Nov 01, 2012
Lord Babs: guy, sorry, i'm alergic to puerile questions. And for the record, I'm a bonafide smoker. Care to join?

Bad man. Pass me the blow torch let me light this big head.. Forget about all these babylonians that think they know everything..

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by LordBabs(m): 8:37am On Nov 01, 2012
e-herbal:
smoke reasonably dude,smoke mildly.like every other good thing,don't abuse it.
common sense. Even unbalanced diet kills faster...yet you don't ban food!

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by killuminati(m): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2012
Lord Babs: guy, sorry, i'm alergic to puerile questions. And for the record, I'm a bonafide smoker. Care to join?
Hey guy, don't even go there! If you give this one smoke soon e go start to dey find wetin no lostundecided

Abeg pass me the joint.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by LordBabs(m): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2012
nosike3: imagine a world where we all smoke igbo!the violence would be beyond redemption..
and why should WE ALL smoke Igbo? Never heard of individual differences?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by lexylexy(m): 8:41am On Nov 01, 2012
have u ever tried to google marijuana? u will find out that it is rated very low amongst other drugs,even lower than alcohol. alcohol is in d same class as cocaine, while heroine is rated very high among d deadliest with LSD's and keptamines. marijuana is rated only as a recreational drug with no major side effects. no be me talk am o wink

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing by Okijajuju1(m): 8:42am On Nov 01, 2012
killuminati: oga abeg carry ur chemistry comot for here joor!
Na pesin say make ur brain no fit carry the weight... See this low-brain boy Oo shocked
Who gives a fucckk if you don't smoke? Abi pesin force am enter ur mouth? If dem legalise no mean say everybody must smoke fa... It is only for the wise and intellectual mind, ok!? So guy, park well with ur half-baked chemistry Abi you chop shyt? Abeg make way make I quay! *inhales and exhales*

Bros.. Forgive the child, for he knows absolutely nothing about what he is saying..

Na this type go smoke ordinary claru, high, only am go carry banner start '1 million man' march to legalize weed..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please I Don't Last Long During Sex / Something Special About Tiger Nuts (aki Hausa) / Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.