Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

A thread for corpers posted to Katsina - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (69115 Views)

Batch B 2014 Corpers Posted To Katsina State / NYSC B14: posted to Katsina (let's connect) / Nysc Batch B Posted To Katsina State.lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Lizzylois(f): 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
Hi guys,you have nuttin to worry about.I jst passed out from Nysc nd I served in katsina.you really be nuttin to worry about.was sceptical too initially but when I got there was one of the best experiences ve Eva had.camp was sweet.nd gettin down to katsina isn't diff.if u wanna go by road,u wld get buses straight to camp from yaba.and dey wld drop you off in front of camp nd if u goin by air,u could take a flight from Lagos-kano then from kano take a bus to katsina.once again it was a wonderful experience I wld neva forgt in a hurry.and its extremely cold at dis time,so go with your duvets nd wateva u can to protect you from the cold.you ve to tie cognizance of dat.sweaters and all.and always make sure you are well behaved.Goodluck nd I wish u a very nice stay in camp.

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by pecopeco: 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Clairette(f): 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2012
ogbeche77:
Am going from Lagos... I learnt i can get a flight to Kano, then 2 hrs journey to katsina

I served in Katsina, 2008/2009. Kano to Katsina is 45mins not mor than an hour.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Ebilose: 4:01pm On Nov 02, 2012
My babe was also posted to katsina i wasn't happy with the posting but when i remembered serving in bauchi the origin of boko haram in the year 2008/2009.i encouraged her to go. north is one of the best place to live in naija if not for the crisis. I have lived in the north so i know what am talking about. Katsina is a very peaceful place &hospitable. I wish ur all safe trip to &fro. God is there to see you through.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by stanley99(m): 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
I was posted to katsina but dont really knw hw to get there frm edo state.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Ramcie(f): 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2012
stanley99: I was posted to katsina but dont really knw hw to get there frm edo state.

Take a bus to Lagos, then take a night bus from Lagos to Jos and from Jos take yet another bus to Katsina cheesy cheesy tongue tongue
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by ikush(m): 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2012
You don't need to travel to Lagos you can get a bus straight to Kano or Katsina from Aduwawa in Benin

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Mascotlawman: 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2012
am currently serving here in katsina, though i wanted to redeploy at first but my fellow catholic corp members that are here before me made me to understand that katsina is a very good state to serve. Only that their state allowance is not encouraging, but it depends on ur local government, my local government here is paying 5k plus 2k from state that is 7k. So my fellow catholic corp members coming to katsina, relax ur mind, when u get to camp, make sure u look for catholic corp members fellowship stand, it helps a lot. Incase u are in any difficulty, u can call this No: 08098645433, we will come and assist. Any fellowship is allowed to call please, we are not segregating, also we have a catholic corp members' family house here where u can stay after camp before travelling or going to ur PPA. Wish u all safe journey.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by leboss6(m): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2012
Currently serving in Katsina and I can authoritatively tell u guys u .......WELLCOME TO HELL.......yes the Camp is beautiful.....very beautiful but that's where it stops........very dull camp........for guys that drink u are in for a very long three weeks as they don't sell alcoholic drinks in the Mammy market......so if u wanna slush u gotta package ur self from home........buy ur drinks and hide them in ur luggage.......though the soldiers in camp can help u buy from there barracks but at a very exorbitant rate........small Alomo na 500 oooo.....Food is terrible......very terrible......na too go dey buy food for mammy oOoo......also brace urself for very cold weather at night.......the Camp Director na morafocker he can sabi feel like van damme......after camp just pray u are posted to one of this local governments......Katsina town,malumfashi,funtua,daura,batagarawa,kaita .......else ur own don done......every other place is village.......real jungle.......and katsina has about 31 Lg.....the state pays 2000 naira state alawee so its noting to write home about.........for those who are scared of security don't worry a bit......katsina is one of the most peace full. Places in nigeria ....not amongst the Boko haram states.......there has never being a Bomb blast or religious. Crisis.......as for me I can't wait for June next year to get out of this place........The Sun na die.......u guys can ask anything about kt and ill gladly oblige u....pin:23B365E2

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by leboss6(m): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2012
Currently serving in Katsina and I can authoritatively tell u guys u .......WELLCOME TO HELL.......yes the Camp is beautiful.....very beautiful but that's where it stops........very dull camp........for guys that drink u are in for a very long three weeks as they don't sell alcoholic drinks in the Mammy market......so if u wanna slush u gotta package ur self from home........buy ur drinks and hide them in ur luggage.......though the soldiers in camp can help u buy from there barracks but at a very exorbitant rate........small Alomo na 500 oooo.....Food is terrible......very terrible......na too go dey buy food for mammy oOoo......also brace urself for very cold weather at night.......the Camp Director na morafocker he can sabi feel like van damme......after camp just pray u are posted to one of this local governments......Katsina town,malumfashi,funtua,daura,batagarawa,kaita .......else ur own don done......every other place is village.......real jungle.......and katsina has about 31 Lg.....the state pays 2000 naira state alawee so its noting to write home about.........for those who are scared of security don't worry a bit......katsina is one of the most peace full. Places in nigeria ....not amongst the Boko haram states.......there has never being a Bomb blast or religious. Crisis.......as for me I can't wait for June next year to get out of this place........The Sun na die.......u guys can ask anything about kt and ill gladly oblige u....pin:23B365E2

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by emekatimsu(m): 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
katsina camp is one of the finest camps in the country..it is more of a 3star hotel with mordern facilities.
It shares compound with the katsina skills acquisation programme.
The toilets are cool,the bed space are also ok.
My advice to anyone going there by this time of the year(ppl dt are nt use to northern enviroment) is that u go with a blanket because it wil be terribly cold and freezing by ds time of the year.
It will also be very very sunny..katsina has one kind funny weather.. Very sunny in day time and terribly cold at nite
I enjoyed my 3weeks camping aldo all my mind ws set on getting redeployed after camp.
I ws lucky to hv gotten redeployed immediately after d 3weeks camp bt my friends dt stayed bk said they hv no choice bt to enjoy their service year there.
The truth of the matter is that katsina is one of the peaceful states in the north but one can never predict all ds terrorist, they can spring up suprise at d least expected time.
So,my advice to anone going to jega camp is apply caution and enjoy ur service year...
If u set ur mind on redeployment u will nt enjoy camp.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by abdulkayus(m): 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
Pls dos of u posted to katsina shld cool ur mind down. Security issues here is overblown by d media and peeps dat know katsina by hearsay only. Ask any1 living in d north or katsina and get gud testimony.
Infact katsina is one of d most peaceful state nt jus in d north bt in d whole 9ja. No BH, no kidnappers, no ritualist, very low crime rate, cheap standard of living, cheap food and transport. U go big and fresh and save enough money b4 even finish ur service.

Just come and relish life in katsina. D only place am scare of in d north is Borno and Yobe and in less Plateau.

Wish u happy stay in katsina and wish u d best.

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by leboss6(m): 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
There is also no endurance trek and no camp fire night in Katsina
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Ekenthman: 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
[quote author=darefestus]pls help me guys...its this security problems that bother me. How can i get there by Road with a measure of Security?[/quote
enta motor to kano, always night bus from kano to katsina is 2hrs 30mins. I served in kano n i was corp's liaison officer. During my CLOship, i went to katsina to bring d new corper. Der camp is so beautiful. U wil like it. Believe me.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Ekenthman: 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2012
Katsina is cool, u wil like it buh english is der problem.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Joe980: 6:02pm On Nov 02, 2012
Katsina camp is so cool...if you wanna go by air; Arik is the only air line flying the route once or twice in a week(Lag-Abj-Kt ). So you have to book ahead. You can also fly Lagos - Kano, then connect Kano - Katsina by car which is 2hrs drive or more (depends on speed). Katsina has excess weather(cold,sun/heat), harmattan na season film...be prepared with aboniki balm.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2012
Plz ΨђåƮ about Niger state? Ow peaceful and civilized ℓ̊Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ d place?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by tit(f): 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2012
Goodluck.
But when it happens do not expect any sympathies, if you survive.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
my wife served there(NYSC) and I've been there a couple of times, believe me it's a good place to serve, best in the north I think.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by IYANGBALI: 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2012
leunamme: from wat i gathered ,,,,they said the camp is decent and the state is very peaceful plus they are very friendly
And their girls are always 2 legs up especially those that cover their bodies.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by bobbyruffy(m): 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
I'm currently serving in Katsina and d place is fun, cool n safe. For those dat loves alcohol, Sorry no alcohol in camp and its a sharia state. U can contact me on whatsapp for more info 08187098383.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by isarumah(m): 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2012
Fear not, katsina is ok all the way
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by macwest: 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2012
I served in Katsina last year..Its a peaceful place.Although,some say no alcohol but bone that tin..arrange with those soldiers,they will get for u.that's how we did it...there are spots like fadama,officers mess where u get beer for 160.lol..I was posted to Dutsinma,that's the Governor's hometown..its 40mins away from the state capital..I had one hausa yanriya wey dey clean my play head once in a while..Trust me,u will enjoy the place..na the most peaceful northern state.I almost stayed there after service..Na fear of boko and job opportunities make me leave..Talking abt the place makes me miss the place sef
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by macwest: 8:08pm On Nov 02, 2012
Ekenthman: Katsina is cool, u wil like it buh english is der problem.

Yes oo..Ba turanchi!!lol
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by macwest: 8:11pm On Nov 02, 2012
leboss6: There is also no endurance trek and no camp fire night in Katsina

Says who?we had endurance trek..2010/11 batch B....the only thing abt the camp fire is that it closes @ 12am...for those of u that shayo..ur only means is to paRley with the mopols..
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by leboss6(m): 8:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
macwest:

Says who?we had endurance trek..2010/11 batch B....the only thing abt the camp fire is that it closes @ 12am...for those of u that shayo..ur only means is to paRley with the mopols..
I am currently serving there ......batch b 2012.........no endurance trek and no camp fire......can't talk about before cos I wasn't there......but my time which is just July this year nuffin Like that

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by macwest: 8:18pm On Nov 02, 2012
leboss6: Currently serving in Katsina and I can authoritatively tell u guys u .......WELLCOME TO HELL.......yes the Camp is beautiful.....very beautiful but that's where it stops........very dull camp........for guys that drink u are in for a very long three weeks as they don't sell alcoholic drinks in the Mammy market......so if u wanna slush u gotta package ur self from home........buy ur drinks and hide them in ur luggage.......though the soldiers in camp can help u buy from there barracks but at a very exorbitant rate........small Alomo na 500 oooo.....Food is terrible......very terrible......na too go dey buy food for mammy oOoo......also brace urself for very cold weather at night.......the Camp Director na morafocker he can sabi feel like van damme......after camp just pray u are posted to one of this local governments......Katsina town,malumfashi,funtua,daura,batagarawa,kaita .......else ur own don done......every other place is village.......real jungle.......and katsina has about 31 Lg.....the state pays 2000 naira state alawee so its noting to write home about.........for those who are scared of security don't worry a bit......katsina is one of the most peace full. Places in nigeria ....not amongst the Boko haram states.......there has never being a Bomb blast or religious. Crisis.......as for me I can't wait for June next year to get out of this place........The Sun na die.......u guys can ask anything about kt and ill gladly oblige u....pin:23B365E2

Baba,forget that thing..I'm sire u wanted to redeploy and u no get am...na Dutsinma I serve and e make sense die...I dey slush steady...I buy alomo for 300 so I no know where u buy ur own for 500...I dey go crash fadama atimes,enter oasis,officers mess,life was good for us especially cuz we had a click and we got the soldiers on standby..our set was the best that kt camp has ever had...ask anyone about 2010/11 Batch B.....we. Shut fadama down for passing out...took all the rooms,na so...enjoy ur stay while u r there..Most of us and still friends till date and making money..Just be with right click..
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by macwest: 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2012
leboss6: I am currently serving there ......batch b 2012.........no endurance trek and no camp fire......can't talk about before cos I wasn't there......but my time which is just July this year nuffin Like that
Then things must have changed..that's strange..Maybe its cuz people drink during endurance trek and as alcohol is not so allowed like dat so maybe that's a factor..
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by ebonyluv(f): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
If u must know, KT orientation camp is d best camp in Nigeria.I serverd there in 2008 in birchi LGA area in Kurfi,Dusima zone. KT as their logo goes, HOME OF HOSPITALITY indeed it is.Infact my stay in kt was awsome, u have nothing to worry about dont mind me ooo worry cos they dont say when it starts.Pray ur primary assignment is in town due to the present situation down there but if ur thinking of redeploying,u need a serious back up.For d newly married,sickle cell anemia and those with a serious illness,it will be easy. Wishing all u OTONDOS d very best and God's protection over u.

For those in lag, its always night bus.Take a bus going to kano or zaria, its better droping @ zaria, then take a small car not a bus pls i repeat not a bus except u dont want to reach ur destination on time.Its just 31/2 hrs to katsina main town compared to u taking Kano for 41/2hrs.Take kia
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Katsina by macwest: 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2012
leboss6: I am currently serving there ......batch b 2012.........no endurance trek and no camp fire......can't talk about before cos I wasn't there......but my time which is just July this year nuffin Like that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests / Nigerian Army Reacts To Officer Pouring Dirty Water On Corper In Calabar / NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50