Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? (2828 Views)

Why Do Christians Rely So Much On Drugs / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by pastormustwacc: 5:43am On Nov 01, 2012
This is an expository article, and I will be citing real life examples - no matter how funny it seems.
Remember, this does not affect all christians, but it is what I have observed time and again.

1. A christian finds someone interested in marriage, looks left and right, rushes to an ifa priest for spiritual assistance, claim to repent after
2. I did a study amongst many christians I know - if they will accept to wear to wear a special ring for protection against evils such as someone using them for ritual, protection from badluck, getting sacked in office, etc
And all my subjects for the study - at different places and times - all said yes. I stopped the study immediately. When I asked them the source of the power, they claimed the traditional gods can protect a christian and are not always evil.
3. A pagan sister's husband caught her with another man and was going to throw her out. So the woman went to meet her mother - a priestess to cast a spell of forgettin on the husband, and the marriage was saved. A christian sister started singing praises of the priestess after this astounding event, and said there was no evil involved, that afteral the man was not harmed in any way
4. My last girlfriend a christian tried (and of course failed) to put a charm on me to make sure I marry her. I was under spiritual attacks for a whole month. She later told me in a victorious manner that I was finally hers - and that was the day I ended the relationship. And stopped dating after then.
5. Christians don't test spirits. If someone claims to have a special oil that heals sicknesses and brings goodluck. Christians are ready to buy it, and do not care whether it uses dark or light energy (know what I mean).
6. I have seen non-catholics buy and wear the holy rosary and claim it is for protection.
7. Christians wish to know what what their future holds, and consult pagan gods
8. A christian sister marries a pagan, and added all the pagan traditions to her own - giving the pagan traditions higher priority. E.g her baby can never use warm or hot water for bath.
9. A christian was lecturing me on pagan ways of handling a child - and expected me to follow it - because I was handling the child of a pagan. I asked the pagan if she follows christian traditions and she said no. Case closed.

I will stop here. Responses please?

Disclaimer: I am not trying to rubbish christians or churches, I am just stating my observations in a non-judgmental manner.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 01, 2012
Interesting threads !! **waiting for others to contribute first** grin grin
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 01, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by Wizcat(m): 7:01am On Nov 01, 2012
Virgin mary pray 4 ur stupidity;>
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 01, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by italo: 8:06am On Nov 01, 2012
@ Pastormustwacc,

First, I will comment generally, then I will go to the one aspect that specifically concerns me most.

I think its largely because majority of Christians (though they profess faith in Jesus), do not truly realize who Jesus is...and they do not have unflinching faith in him. Secondly, they don't really worship God in truth and in spirit. They only follow (or pretend to follow) God for selfish reasons (what they can gain materially), just like the crowds that followed Jesus around only because he had given them bread and fish the previous day, but when Jesus told them that the bread they had to eat for eternal life was his flesh, they left him. That's how many so-called Christians are and that's why they go to anywhere they can find immediate "miracles" whether from good or evil source. They do not really realise that Jesus is God. If they did, they would know that all they needed to do is to be good children of God and their Father would never forsake them. That is why some of us don't place so much emphasis on miracles. We don't need spectacular miracles to know the power and love of God. We seek them when we need them and welcome them when God grants them but wHen God chooses not to grant, we accept our cross and carry it with love for God. Instead of running from pillar to post looking for who will perform magic.

Now regarding your point 6. I have a few questions to ask.

What exactly is your problem with non-Catholics wearing the Rosary?

What about Catholics? Is it okay for us to wear the Rosary?

Do you really think the Rosary is "HOLY" or you just called it so because we call it so?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by pastormustwacc: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2012
I am from catholic background, and we call it holy rosary. The non-catholics see it as a charm that will protect them from evils in various forms, and that it will draw goodluck to them. The ones I interviewed at least believed this.

More confusion:
1. it seems majority of christians do not believe they have power over demons and kingdom of darkness. So once the enemy attacks, they must seek out their pastors even if it is 2am at night.
2. A pastor tricked me into using my name as one of the sponsors of a church I do not know about.
3. Another pastor, who graduated from a theology school with all the big books and theories, who also knew my spiritual gifts repeatedly tried to force me to generate sermons and topics that "will pull crowds", and I refused and that pastor became bitter and started threatening me, we eventually separated. Next stage, that pastor will now form message titles and ask me to look and confirm if it was going to work, I always say yes it was okay without meditating and this led to the same result.

Now, what exactly do we call this? Christian oppressing christian?
4. A christian woman pastor had a fight with her husband. And the next thing, she started praying - fall down and die in jesus name for her husband?

Based on all these, if not that I have received holy spirit baptism and empowered by God,
I will have denounced christianity since, and say that - there is nothing like a christian God and Jesus was only a myth.

And so, I thank God for my life. I will charge christians on this board to watch their fellow christians around them for all these behaviours and try to teach them the right thing and pray that they listen.

Really, this world is ending the way things are going.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by italo: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc: I am from catholic background, and we call it holy rosary. The non-catholics see it as a charm that will protect them from evils in various forms, and that it will draw goodluck to them. The ones I interviewed at least believed this.

I don't really see a problem with non-Catholics seeing the Holy Rosary as a charm that will see off evil and bring good luck, as long as they realize its a Holy "charm" and not an evil one. Its just like a non Christian putting a Bible in his house for the same reason. My only problem would be when they desecrate the holy object either deliberately or out of ignorance of its meaning. We Catholics see the Rosary as a sacramental which can ward off evil and bring God's mercy especially when it has been blessed by a Priest. That is in addition to it being a powerful prayer.

Now I don't know why you are not so forth-coming in answering all my questions. Perhaps you think I'm just trying to antagonize you. No. I'm only trying to know where you stand on these issues.

Let me rephrase and post my questions again.

italo:

Do you think the Rosary is "HOLY" or EVIL or just ordinary, like any necklace?
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by italo: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc: I am from catholic background, and we call it holy rosary. The non-catholics see it as a charm that will protect them from evils in various forms, and that it will draw goodluck to them. The ones I interviewed at least believed this.

I don't really see a problem with non-Catholics seeing the Holy Rosary as a charm that will see off evil and bring good luck, as long as they realize its a Holy "charm" and not an evil one. Its just like a non Christian putting a Bible in his house for the same reason. My only problem would be when they desecrate the holy object either deliberately or out of ignorance of its meaning. We Catholics see the Rosary as a sacramental which can ward off evil and bring God's mercy especially when it has been blessed by a Priest. That is in addition to it being a powerful prayer.

Now I don't know why you are not so forth-coming in answering all my questions. Perhaps you think I'm just trying to antagonize you. No. I'm only trying to know where you stand on these issues.

Let me rephrase and post my questions again.

italo:

Do you think the Rosary is "HOLY" or EVIL or just ordinary, like any necklace?

Its okay if you don't want to answer, but please just tell me so so that I'll know.
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by pastormustwacc: 10:52am On Nov 01, 2012
I know your reasons for asking me questions. But i am intentionally try to avoid controversy. And i hate fights between christians and anyone else (other than devils and aluminati) - but even those fights are meant to be on the spiritual level (mostly), and not verbal fights.

Jude 1:9
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by italo: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc: I know your reasons for asking me questions. But i am intentionally try to avoid controversy. And i hate fights between christians and anyone else (other than devils and aluminati) - but even those fights are meant to be on the spiritual level (mostly), and not verbal fights.

Jude 1:9

Understandable. But you should also understand my point of view.

1 Peter 3:15: But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by pastormustwac: 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
But you guys are wasting time. Precious time is being wasted, we christians have a lot of work to do. Spending too much time arguing with other christians is not the way at all.
Sometimes, a stronger person holds back.
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
[size=32pt]EVEN CHRISTIANS KNOW THAT THE TRADITIONAL GODS ARE THE TRUE SPIRITUAL FORCES THAT GOVERN THIS UNIVERSE![/size]

christians turn to Traditional Gods of their ancestors becasue they feel spiritually disatisfied with a religion that only expects them to pay extortion money (tithes) and only lays down rules and guidelines and some basic moral lessons and man worship and amnking them feel eternally doomed as sinners.
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by pastormustwac: 5:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
My pagan friend, u took more time to get here. I hope u ave not been tryin to invoke my spirit?

Those ones are pirated christians or lost children who do not know their God. Them no be operation fire the devil christian like me.

I caught a glimpse of the mindset of some of those pirated christians that are going to read this post later. They are saying in their minds that, if I face the kind of challenge they faced, that I will do the same.
Well, my reply to them is: we shall see (muhahahaha).
I hope I am not a power-drunk christian sha. But I prefer to be drunk with the spirit.

But mr pagan, why those christians no kukuma stay in traditional instead of going up and down?

You traditional people are really losing. Meanwhile, if you were the one that needed the help of a fire-fire christian like me - and yes, I have seen powerful pagans repent too. You will first need to burn up your shrines and piss on them before the christian God can help you (hmn).

You traditional people are really losing at both ends.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by wiegraf: 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
For days now, you've been trying to apply logic to spiritual matters? Think about using the words 'logic' and 'spiritual' in the same sentence, you've failed before even beginning. Not much you can accomplish with these half-measures imo. These threads may actually be getting weirder, a commendable feat. I really can't tell when trolling and when not. I just default to trolling though.

If you insist on using logic, prepare to join teh one true mastah race.
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by plappville(f): 6:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
You must know that there are true and conterfeit Christians. You thread is pointing to the counterfeit Christians.

The true christians are the ones led by the Spirit, they do not submit to traditions.

Why the counterfeit ones are the ones that welcome whatever that comes thier way. They rely on materials like Holi water, chaplet, spiritual garment etc.

The scripture made plain, it does not lie.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Even if those counterfeit christians keep claiming to be Christians, The bible stands. It says, they are not of God.

There is no protection outside God/Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by plappville(f): 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
italo:

Understandable. But you should also understand my point of view.

1 Peter 3:15: But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

You haven't been practicing this verse, have you?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by plappville(f): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
omo_to_dun: ^
The answer is simple: The Christian God is ineffective.

Have you seen a typical Nigerian Christian praying? The sight will shock you. Screaming, shouting, crying, wailing, and somersaulting, all to no avail. One look at Nigeria will show you that Jehovah doesn't answer prayers at all. My guy is just up there making fun of everyone while drinking palm wine with Jesus.

The irony is that the spiritual alternatives are also dubious, but even desperation will make asinine things look judicious.

Wrong!! The christian God is very effective to those who truelly obey his commands. It is normal, He does not answer the
prayer of those who falsely call Him God. Because thier prayer is worthless/abomination.

John 9:31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will.

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Christ was not foolish when He says ""in vain do they worship me"

Mark 7:7 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
plappville:

Wrong!! The christian God is very effective to those who truelly obey his commands. It is normal, He does not answer the
prayer of those who falsely call Him God. Because thier prayer is worthless/abomination.

John 9:31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly man who does his will.

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Madam, I must hail you for this post!
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by pastormustwac: 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
Italo, hard to understand you atimes.
Pappville, you are on point. And you are understand me perfectly.

The thread is very clear, but it can be a bit confusing. But my language is very clear.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
plappville:

Fail,

When your god fails, you blame the christians for not being real christians or praying properly.

The christiann god is ineffective. He failed to deliver christians in the north from Boko Haram. He has so many failures that we cant count
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by pastormustwac: 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2012
@Lojic, you have no god, so please stay away from this thread.
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac: @Lojic, you have no god, so please stay away from this thread.

embarassed embarassed

but....but.....I was a christian before and I understand the mentality?
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by pastormustwac: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
Well, did you ever get to operate at any level of power as a christian? If not, you will probably be at the same level that these fake christians are operating.
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac: Well, did you ever get to operate at any level of power as a christian? If not, you will probably be at the same level that these fake christians are operating.

Which one be level of power?

I was a christian that went to church, said my prayers and recieved holy communion like any other holier than thou religious freak
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

Fail,

When your god fails, you blame the christians for not being real christians or praying properly.

The christiann god is ineffective. He failed to deliver christians in the north from Boko Haram. He has so many failures that we cant count

It's not as if God doesn't want to answer some prayers . It's end times prophecies being fulfilled:

Matthew 24:9-13 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Y'all need Jesus! It's now or never!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by plappville(f): 8:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

Fail,

John 16:2 They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by plappville(f): 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
seriallink:

Madam, I must hail you for this post!

All hail to Yahweh broo....

All answers are in the scripture, its best to point to them if needed.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by plappville(f): 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
seriallink:

It's not as if God doesn't want to answer some prayers . It's end times prophecies being fulfilled:

Matthew 24:9-13 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Y'all need Jesus! It's now or never!

[size=16pt]G...B...A....M!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by pastormustwac: 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:
Which one be level of power?
I was a christian that went to church, said my prayers and recieved holy communion like any other holier than thou religious freak
Then you did not get to that level. I am talking of being empowered by the holy spirit, not being empowered by the church.

plappville:

John 16:2 They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.
Santa Maria (a spanish exclamation means st mary)! this is teriblemente! what sort of barbarism is that? Well, thank God we are no longer in that era. Even me sef, them go don take me do peppersoup for saying certain things that do not agree with them.

Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
plappville:

What is the relevance of such scriptures? I fear una!
Re: Why Do Christians Rely On Traditional Gods? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwac:
Then you did not get to that level. I am talking of being empowered by the holy spirit, not being empowered by the church.

What holy spirit? The one that gave false prophecy to TB Joshua? Or the one that makes Pastormustwacc to hallucinate and see spirits?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Letter From King Leopold II Of Belgium To Colonial Missionaries / Allahu Akbar-rare Pictures Of Prophet Muhammed (SWA) Belongings / Benny Hinn Goes Back To His Vomit With Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.