Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,078 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi (20435 Views)

Nysc 2013 Batch C Corp Members Posted To Ebonyi State / Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To Ebonyi State / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by ccwizard: 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
Got posted to Ebonyi State and have never been there for once. Would apreciate the ex-corpers n the current ones in Ebonyi to tell us what to expect. Whats camp life like? Whats the cost of living in Ebonyi? Any job or bussiness opportunities? How much do they pay corpers? Are they accomodating? Plz let the experienced guys help out. Batch B 2012 corpers lets know each others plz.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by yemcoguy(m): 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
have been posted to ebonyi too, and i need info asap...thanx

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by busola101: 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2012
My younger bro just got posted to Ebonyi. Does anyone knows how to get to Ebonyi from Lagos. if he his flying, what airport does he fly into? I would appreciate the response asap.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by azyaq(m): 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
Hello guyz I av been posted to Eboyin too and I want to go by air form lagos, how do I go about it.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by azyaq(m): 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2012
Hello guyz I av been posted to Ebonyi
too and I want to go by air form lagos, how do I go about it.
If u want to go by road get cross country bus they wil take u to d camp direct d tfair is

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Samwilsonz: 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2012
If u intend flying......ur landing point is Enugu state.....if u care, I cld arrange a taxi to come pick u aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ drop u at d camp.....the camp is 1 .30 mins drive from Abakaliki town.
Enugu airport is 1 hour drive from Abakaliki town......the roads are bad aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ dusty .
Any info.....halla.....I served in Ebonyi......
Got a clean AC cab @ ur service

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2012
Samwilsonz: If u intend flying......ur landing point is Enugu state.....if u care, I cld arrange a taxi to come pick u aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ drop u at d camp.....the camp is 1 .30 mins drive from Abakaliki town.
Enugu airport is 1 hour drive from Abakaliki town......the roads are bad aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ dusty .
Hmmm. Hustling tins

3 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by biopat(m): 9:18am On Nov 03, 2012
Plz where do i take Bus from Delta(Ughelli preferably)to Ebonyi? and how much? Posted there.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by azyaq(m): 2:50pm On Nov 03, 2012
Samwilsonz: If u intend flying......ur landing point is Enugu state.....if u care, I cld arrange a taxi to come pick u aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ drop u at d camp.....the camp is 1 .30 mins drive from Abakaliki town.
good but am havin a rethink coz d camp openin day is til tuesday may be I should go by road on wed. Pls ar u stil a servin corper I wil definitly need ur help. Xpect my call or u can reach me on 08024570293.tnx
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Midastorch(m): 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
I was posted to Ebonyi and I'm really scared abt the place.a friend of mine told me the place is boring lyk hell and that their water is Zero.pls if any1 knws whtsup with the place,the person shld kindly clarify me cos I'm already fidgeting abt the place.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by ernyme(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
Ebonyi from lag by road..goto peace park(ojuelegba) or chukwubuikem(iyana ipaja)its straight and won't cost more dan 4k,but its a one day journey(8-8 at worst)..concerning the state,its notjustok..dats a fact,but if u get lucky,u will get posted to somewhere u can enjoy,state pays 5k per month but its segmental..if u need any other info,Contact me tru 08069184967 or 08081019736..I'm Ernest(batch A 2012) or hook on bbm tru 217eb4e7..
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by ccwizard: 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
ernyme: Ebonyi from lag by road..goto peace park(ojuelegba) or chukwubuikem(iyana ipaja)its straight and won't cost more dan 4k,but its a one day journey(8-8 at worst)..concerning the state,its notjustok..dats a fact,but if u get lucky,u will get posted to somewhere u can enjoy,state pays 5k per month but its segmental..if u need any other info,Contact me tru 08069184967 or 08081019736..I'm Ernest(batch A 2012) or hook on bbm tru 217eb4e7..

Thanks man will Buzz u so I can get more info.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Tolek: 9:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
From Lagos U̶̲̥̅̊ can go τ̲̅ȍ iyana ipaja and asked f Okemson bus U̶̲̥̅̊ will see straight bus τ̲̅ȍ camp Ȋ̝̊̅ mean Afikpo just tell dem U̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ going τ̲̅ȍ Magrecgor camp Ebonyi. Journey mercy Ȋ̝̊̅ will be dere τ̲̅ȍ help call m̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ on 08068784276.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by deolu2000(m): 7:12am On Nov 05, 2012
Am also posted to Ebonyi state,but my worst fears are confirmed when i discovered that the journey is over 10hrs by road.but my questions now are,is the state condusive and will they give free accomodation for ppa? thanks in ernest.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by dokkyelele(f): 8:49am On Nov 05, 2012
First I want to congratulate you all for being posted to Ebonyi.
I served in Ebonyi, worked in NYSC Ebonyi and my part is stil in Ebonyi.
If you need any information....any kind of information l can help....

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by almasterpiece(m): 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2012
they are accomodating,not d best place any way but u can get d best out of it,depends on were u r coming from. from lag u stop @abakaliki were u enter a bus to afikpo macgregor camp.wen dey stop @ d junct enter bike to d camp 50k dont pay more except u won share moni.abakaliki to afikpo is 350k. i am a batch A CORP MEMEBER serving in AI as abakaliki is called. A CATHOLIC CORPS MEMBER.WE HAVE FREE ACCOMODATION FOR THOSE WHO CANT MAKE IT TO CAMP TODAY FREE OF CHARGE @ AT CATHOLIC CORPERS FAMILY HOUSE @ PRESCO JUNCTION FORMORE DETAILS U CAN FOLLOW THREAD OR CALL 08037555520

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
deolu2000: Am also posted to Ebonyi state,but my worst fears are confirmed when i discovered that the journey is over 10hrs by road.but my questions now are,is the state condusive and will they give free accomodation for ppa? thanks in ernest.
Get there first b4 u start complain nw, if u ar lucky must ppa gives accommodation, am currently service in abakaliki bhur i wz nt given an accomodation
Cheers! N Fear less
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2012
If u ar comin frm Lag dnt "Cross country" anytin dat 7500 is too much go to "ojuelgba". Mayb Peace , Okeyson park or any registered gud bus, take a bus to Abakaliiki, cos goin to afikpo direct ll b expensive as well (if u hv challenge wit cash anyway ) definitely it ll b late @ nyt, stop @ Presco Junction call any of those Catholic Family house num even if u ar nt catholic. Stay dere over til nxt day u journey to afikpo
Or NCCF family house too close to Presco too

Safe Journey to Otondos call ( removed on poster's request) for more info
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by stagger: 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
busola101: My younger bro just got posted to Ebonyi. Does anyone knows how to get to Ebonyi from Lagos. if he his flying, what airport does he fly into? I would appreciate the response asap.

Fly from Lagos to Enugu via Aero, take an airport cab to the Peace Park at old park, then join a bus to AI the state capital. Though I don't know where the camp is.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Eebrahym(m): 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2012
Gentlemen, Ebonyi is a very peaceful state to serve and they have a very good camp too . Shollynob has given u the best way to get to camp. If u r going from anywhere in d west, prepare ur mind for not less than 8hrs journey and the road is bad too esp from abakaliki to afikpo. When u get to camp, ße careful with what u eat even from the camp kitchen as they will cook jakie (donkey meat) for u and call it cow meat. Hmmmm apart from this, I guess u won't have any problem on camp
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by pharuk: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
Wish you God`s protection in that town.

Served there in 2007 and got robbed 3 times in one week, the robbers know when u get payed, they even attacked the NCCF house sad

Thats about 5 years ago, hopefully things would have changed

Although i met my best friends in the camp and most people i know met their partners there

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by kwakwas1(m): 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
I served in Ebonyi. its a good town ..sunny and u experience the harmatan at this period. water is a problem. if u want a safe place to stay..try and get posted to the army barracks in nwaogu barracks.the command secondary school or army day secondary school.
also the people are friendly. take bus from jibowu to abakaliki.its a lovely sight wen travelling best of luck.want more info ....ask

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Eebrahym(m): 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2012
stagger:

Fly from Lagos to Enugu via Aero, take an airport cab to the Peace Park at old park, then join a bus to AI the state capital. Though I don't know where the camp is.
Stagger on point......

One more fin, if u would like to redeploy, get all ur documennts intact and start processing immediately u get to d camp. Beware that the number of industries in ebonyi state is countable and most of u guys will eventually end up being posted to d village. I was posted to d village and I enjoyed every bit of my stay but mehn, it wasn't easy ooº°oooooo°ºoo. Best of luck anyway!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
You're all wellcome to Ebonyi state,as a resident of Abakaliki,am assuring you that all is well depening on 'how you want it'...fear not the Lord is with you.

Those who will fly should stop at Enugu airport take cab to Abakaliki...ask the driver to take to Romchi mass transit or Peace. mass transit...alot of them though to Afikpo.

Coming from Lag by road,go for 'young shall grow' , Peace mass Transit,GUO group,ifesinachi etc.

Wellcome all to the salt of the nation.
A paint of garri goes for 350k
Rice goes for 40 & 50k depending ur choice...infact food bokwugrin

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by JFACTOR1(m): 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
I'm serving at Ebonyi state, Afikpo precisely.Call me for any info.I'll be at the orientation camp gate with NCCF waiting for you.Call me for any assistance 08033039236

2 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
I served there in 2006 and must confess it was tough but d truth is you must try to overcome n b determined.
If your flying from lag go wit aero and stop @ enugu airport from ther you can tk a cab to abakaliki or go to peace park in enugu n board a bus.

Camp life is fun,in our time ur last digit number during registration wil b ur platoon 1-10.
Also get to camp early and involve your self in many activities cooking,dancing,drama it is corpers that officials like their faces that r posted to choice areas.
If ur pretty n good looking contest for miss NYSC or coca cola even if u win or not uv been noticed so u can influence ur posting same goes for MR Macho contest. U need to have enuf money to stay alive we were paid N8,500 then.

Endurance trek wil tk u round d city and ul go many Km.
Generally Ebonyi is nt expensive and nt really dry.u can go to d ex-govs hotel to watch soccer matches n hav fun.

Just catch ur fun n B determined,repeating d programme or getting an extensive is suicide so avoid it.and never miss a CLEARANCE or ROLL CALL

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by simcoms: 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
anyone who is posted to ebonyi state and needs full direction and assistance can call me on 07031008302. EX-Corp Batch C

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2012
stagger:

The camp is in Akfipo, frm Abakaiiki (capital) is about N300-N400 max to afikpo. Ebonyi ar pple nt bad to me o, am servn @ nigeria immigration service in abakaliki, bt nt much activities for d command lik dat. D challenge i am tinkin hw to survive nw is water cos i wz told our welll ll dry durin dry season n am already seeing d signs to dat.
So far i hav nt heard of any robbery case even frm friends, mayb dat wz in those days

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
Midastorch: I was posted to Ebonyi and I'm really scared abt the place.a friend of mine told me the place is boring lyk hell and that their water is Zero.pls if any1 knws whtsup with the place,the person shld kindly clarify me cos I'm already fidgeting abt the place.
redepoly to northern side.asap

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by tfolamy: 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ebonyi Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ ά nice 2 b βε̲̣̣̣̥.i served there 2010.♍Ɣ ppa was ivo LG .frm jibowu enter okeyson D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ wil drop U̶̲̥̅̊ @ camp .

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On Nov 05, 2012
busola101: My younger bro just got posted to Ebonyi. Does anyone knows how to get to Ebonyi from Lagos. if he his flying, what airport does he fly into? I would appreciate the response asap.
He can fly to Akanu Ibiam Airport in Enugu and from Enugu he should take a bus to Ebonyi state.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi by MCDumexx: 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
I was among the Batch 'B corper dat past out june 2012. Served in Ebonyi, Ezza South Onueke 2b precise. Well I'd say camp life is ђã†̥ U̶̲̥̅̊ make out of it. 4me it was d best experience ever coz I was among d comedians that performed on a regular bases. Infact, d best of the best comedian. Ask the camp Compere- Mr Okereke when U̶̲̥̅̊ get†̥ 2 camp.I even had a show Nov 6th 2011 titled "Laff Tax". My record is there.

Housing is a bit cheap. #1,300-#1,600 per month. It also depend on where U̶̲̥̅̊ are posted after camp. Abakaliki is preferable coz its d state capital & that's where most of the banks are.

Afikpo, where U̶̲̥̅̊ 'll be camping is also a nice place æ
as there superb lodges are provided for corpers in Afikpo North. Other than these two places, Ebonyi is really challenging. A major disadvantage is dat most of them are English illiterate; even in their schools but U̶̲̥̅̊ hv to be patient with them as that's one of ђã†̥ U̶̲̥̅̊'ll be doing there.
Most houses lack toilet and am sure any vicinity Corper's are, there is provision 4 dat. I stayed in the Igwe's palace in Onueke where everything was provided. Although, As big as d Igwe is, we still paid 4 accommodation and many self providing things.
U̶̲̥̅̊ most hv heard people saying that Ebonyians eat people, well don't gv it a second taught coz its not true. They may be stingy though and can be very hostile. Respect however is accord Corpers except if U̶̲̥̅̊ go beyond borders.

It will interest U̶̲̥̅̊ 2knw however dat night life is not encouraging there but there are nice looking places U̶̲̥̅̊ can visit mostly in Abakaliki. Places like Women Development Centre(WDC), Spring lake $ salt spring Hotel, Bush bar @d stadium, Exotic hall, Fatilami Park etc.

The state pays #5000 and dey pay it every 4 months if U̶̲̥̅̊'re in govt school. Some pay on a monthly bases. By the Secondary Education Board(SEB).

Let me stp here so dat U̶̲̥̅̊ can experience the rest ursef.
Advise: plz drnk only treated water or pure water. Dnt kp late night. For guys, dnt mess wt their girls coz Ebonyi is the highest HIV infested state in naija. Abstinence is d key but if U̶̲̥̅̊ most 'do', latex isn't expensive.
Get cash @ hand every 2wks coz banks are only in Abakaliki $ Afikpo.
Join National Association of Catholic Corpers(NACC) or RCCF. NAMC is for muslim corpers.
Ebonyi water is a bit salty dats Y its called the salt of the nation coz there is abundant of salt there. If U̶̲̥̅̊'re lucky to stay where bore hole water is, gud luck but still use dettoite as disinfectant.

Corpers they form well well so if U̶̲̥̅̊ most arrange akpako, let it be a Corper. No worry, d money nor fit buy motor so save for bizness nor be motor

Wish U̶̲̥̅̊ a peaceful Service year.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3)

Alawe Increment How True? / My NYSC Experience In Rivers State / NYSC Orientation Camp In Ekiti Was Attacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.