Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

An Anonymous Threat To My Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Anonymous Threat To My Life (1980 Views)

Getting To Know An Anonymous N'lder. Tips! / Is Sending An Anonymous Love Letter A Good Idea? / Anonymous Letter To Nigerian Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Anonymous Threat To My Life by controlseven: 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
This morning, i received a call and an SMS from an anonymous number threatening to deal with me if i continued the relationship i have with my girl friend. According to this mysterious person, i am an usurper who is reaping where he did not sow. He/She claimed to have spent fortunes on the girl before my sudden appearance into her life. After going through the messages, i decided to show it to a friend to get his opinion but to my consternation, the message vanished from my inbox! I am certain i never deleted it and nobody touched my phone. My questions are?
1) Can messages sent to inbox be retrived by the sender? (eg. using software)
2) How can i trace this unknown number?
3) Is this a ploy by someone to destroy my r/ship? Should i quit?
4) How best can i handle this situation?
Please help!
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by omega25red(m): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
how about talking to your girlfriend about what happened so she can shed some light on the stalkers and crazy men she had banged recently before she met you
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by controlseven: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
omega25red: how about talking to your girlfriend about what happened so she can shed some light on the stalkers and crazy men she had banged recently before she met you
We've been dating for 2 yrs now that's why i'm baffled! Don't want to tell her yet.
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by larrymoore(m): 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
Call d cops or....
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by Wislet(f): 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
u better tell her, and hear from her.
Be very careful and prayerful.
If it persists, inform the authorities. A threat to ur life is not something to be treated with kid gloves.

1 Like

Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by controlseven: 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2012
larrymoore: Call d cops or....
Nigerian Police? LOL. Can they retrieve the missing sms or trace the call?
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by Mynd45: 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
Talk to the girl dude. And I don't think a text can de retrieved by the sender. You probably deleted it by mistake.
Only the girl can complain this so talk to her
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by controlseven: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mynd-44:
Talk to the girl dude. And I don't think a text can de retrieved by the sender. You probably deleted it by mistake.
Thanks bro but i'm sure i did'nt delete the message. Just that i want to unmask the person without my girl's knowledge. Does it mean that there is no known technology to trace unknown calls?
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by Evie007: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mynd-44:
how can an sms disappear from your message box and u did not delete it or is your girlfriend in on this? undecided
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by StPete: 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
Call your girl friend and ask her all the questions concerning it.

Moreso, the text messages you got that seemed to vanish after a while are called flash messages, they are most often sent via a nokia fone.

Next time the unknown caller calls, dare him to be man enough to show himself rather than hide through unidentifiable means
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by Abeggi(m): 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
control_seven: This morning, i received a call and an SMS from an anonymous number threatening to deal with me if i continued the relationship i have with my girl friend. According to this mysterious person, i am an usurper who is reaping where he did not sow. He/She claimed to have spent fortunes on the girl before my sudden appearance into her life. After going through the messages, i decided to show it to a friend to get his opinion but to my consternation, the message vanished from my inbox! I am certain i never deleted it and nobody touched my phone. My questions are?
Please help!

If you can say with certitude that you did not inadvertently delete the text, then, if I were you, I would consider the possibility that the phone may have been compromised with a spyware.

There are various cell phone spyware readily available that would allow an intruder remotely view, monitor and manage calls and text messages. Don't know why this individual would go to such length, though...but I would take the threat seriously.
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abeg_gi:

If you can say with certitude that you did not inadvertently delete the text, then, if I were you, I would consider the possibility that the phone has been compromised with a spyware.

There are various cell phone spyware readily available that would allow an intruder remotely view, monitor and manage calls and text messages. Don't know why this individual would go to such length, though...but I would take the threat seriously.

Brilliant analysis.

OP, there are four people who could've deleted the text. You, your gf, your friend (whom you wanted to show the text), and the unsub through phone spyware. It's very possible that your phone security has been compromised.

Hire a private investigator. Feed him with all details. Leave nothing out. They are usually very effective.
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by controlseven: 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abeg_gi:

If you can say with certitude that you did not inadvertently delete the text, then, if I were you, I would consider the possibility that the phone may have been compromised with a spyware.

Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by controlseven: 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abeg_gi:

Thanks. Now i'm getting convinced. So it is possible? I suscribe to your spyware theorem. Wonder what i will do to that brute!
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
Just saw this:

What is flash SMS?
Flash SMS is an SMS which is displayed on the phone screen immediately upon arrival.

Unless you choose to save the flash message, it will disappear upon navigating away and will not be saved in your inbox.

Please beware that the if several flash messages are sent to one phone, only the latter message will be displayed, and all the previous ones will be overwritten.

Guess you got one of these. Your girl is most likely two-timing, by the way, and the other guy probably got your number from her phone.

On the other hand, it could be a silly prank by some phone nerd who knows you.
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
control_seven: This morning, i received a call and an SMS from an anonymous number threatening to deal with me if i continued the relationship i have with my girl friend. According to this mysterious person, i am an usurper who is reaping where he did not sow. He/She claimed to have spent fortunes on the girl before my sudden appearance into her life. After going through the messages, i decided to show it to a friend to get his opinion but to my consternation, the message vanished from my inbox! I am certain i never deleted it and nobody touched my phone. My questions are?
Please help!
[b][/b]
1. have you ever heard of a flash message before? Most nokia s40 phones have this feature, you send a flash message, the person receives it like a text message but it disappears after the person has read it.
2. Speak to your girlfriend, she alone has the answer to your other questions.
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by controlseven: 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
fluid26:

Brilliant analysis.

OP, there are four people who could've deleted the text. You, your gf, your friend (whom you wanted to show the text), and the unsub through phone spyware. It's very possible that your phone security has been compromised.

Hire a private investigator. Feed him with all details. Leave nothing out. They are usually very effective.

Like stated ab initio, i did'nt. My girl is not in town and my friend did'nt touched the phone. I was scrolling to my inbox to show him b4 the revelation!
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by lolafaj: 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
Your cell phone service provider may have a record of what number the text was sent from – if this is in Nigeria…. Don’t know what to tell you.

I have seen some scary Nigerian movies and people could go to any length to get a girl/guy. Definitely tell your girlfriend what’s going on and if I were you I’ll invest in a handgun (and bullets). Who knows if this coward will actually show-up.

Unfortunately the Nigerian police is useless, this would have been a really easy case.
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by controlseven: 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Bludeville: [b][/b]
1. have you ever heard of a flash message before? Most nokia s40 phones have this feature, you send a flash message, the person receives it like a text message but it disappears after the person has read it.
2. Speak to your girlfriend, she alone has the answer to your other questions.
Flash message? I'm getting informed more and more. Kudos dude! My problem is how i can fight back without involving my girl. If she has a skeleton in her cupboard, i want to catch her pants down!
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by controlseven: 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
lolafaj: Your cell phone service provider may have a record of what number the text was sent from – if this is in Nigeria…. Don’t know what to tell you.

I have seen some scary Nigerian movies and people could go to any length to get a girl/guy. Definitely tell your girlfriend what’s going on and if I were you I’ll invest in a handgun (and bullets). Who knows if this coward will actually show-up.

Unfortunately the Nigerian police is useless, this would have been a really easy case.
Can my cell phone provider really help? I guess i will exploit that option! Did u say a hand gun?..... I don't wana be ALUUed yet. Thanks anyway
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by controlseven: 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
lolafaj: Your cell phone service provider may have a record of what number the text was sent from – if this is in Nigeria…. Don’t know what to tell you.

Can my cell phone provider really help? I guess i will exploit that option! Did u mention a hand gun?..... I don't wana be ALUUed yet, here the complainant easily turns the accussed! Thanks anyway.
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by lolafaj: 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
control_seven:
Can my cell phone provider really help? I guess i will exploit that option! Did u mention a hand gun?..... I don't wana be ALUUed yet, here the complainant easily turns the accussed! Thanks anyway.

Did not say go on a shooting spree, lol

I personally believe everyone has a right to protect themselves when the need arises.

Goodluck on the situation though.
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by controlseven: 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
Richfella: Just saw this:

What is flash SMS?
Flash SMS is an SMS which is displayed on the phone screen immediately upon arrival.

Unless you choose to save the flash message, it will disappear upon navigating away and will not be saved in your inbox.

Please beware that the if several flash messages are sent to one phone, only the latter message will be displayed, and all the previous ones will be overwritten.

Guess you got one of these. Your girl is most likely two-timing, by the way, and the other guy probably got your number from her phone.

On the other hand, it could be a silly prank by some phone nerd who knows you.
Quite educative. I appreciate thee.
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by Mynd45: 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
Evie007: how can an sms disappear from your message box and u did not delete it or is your girlfriend in on this? undecided
Why are you directed this me?
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by kokosheen(m): 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
OP, I have a friend that went through this same situation with a girl he was about to marry. He was kidnapped a week to the wedding, beaten blue-black for 2 weeks before been released. Mind you, this my friend is a STRONG_MAN (if you be naija boy, you know what I mean) and yet when we found him, he'd turned jelly (of course, the wedding never held).

My advise is that there are sooooo many other girls out there, please, confront your gf and know who-is after you, then leave her. No need for you acting as James Bond, your life might actually be at stake.
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 02, 2012
@ Op.its not enough to conclude that ur gal is two timing. Still make ur investigation, and tell your gal about it. I have been in similar situation before,but thank God i was present when the idiot called with threats, i only had to reassure him (my bf ) i wasnt playing games behind him, and the rest was history.

Of course the fool never called again. They are just enemies of progress.

Betw it can still be your gal trying to know how much u can trust her in situations like this. #justsaying#
Re: An Anonymous Threat To My Life by roymary: 1:18am On Nov 02, 2012
Yes her Ex is an Hacker. Your own don finish...He's going to hack your life!!! shocked

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Love Represented With 2hearts Pinned With An Arrow? / She Becomes So Weired When She Got Hypnotized / Girl Pours Acid On Boo's Pen*s After Their Sex Tape Hit The Internet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.