Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:01 AM

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! (128243 Views)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without / 2015 Election - Challenges And Mistakes Corps Members Should Look Out For / 55 Things Every Intending N.y.s.c Member Should Not Leave Home Without! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by GreenBobo: 5:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
The next batch due for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) – Batch C 2012 – will be going for camping from November 6, 2012. What and what should you take to Camp? Do you really need most of the things you've packed into your big leather box already? Here's a checklist of what we think an 'Otondoh' like you is like to need...

Camp Items

1 Documents and Photocopies
2 Call-up letter
3 Statement of Result/transcript
4 First degree certificates
5 School ID card
6 Passport photographs
Comments
You won't be allowed into camp premises without any of them. Go there with about 10 passports & 5 document photocopies each

Toiletries
Essentials

7 Toothbrush & Toothpaste
8 Bath soap & Sponge
9 Detergent & Bar Soap
10 Toilet Paper
11 Towel

Others

12 Sanitary Pads & Tampons
13 Shower Caps
14 Bleach
15 Disinfectants
16 Buckets & Bailer
17 Body Cream & Lotion

Its ok to buy buckets and non-essentials at the camp.

Clothing Items

18 White T-shirts
19 White Shorts
20 Whites tennis shoes
21 White socks
22 Underwear
23 Bed sheets
24 Perfumes/ body spray
25 Rubber slippers/flip flops
26 Combs and hair needs
27 Makeup & accessories

* You will be provided with 2 pairs of white T-shirts and shorts in camp but you can take up to 2 pairs along.
* Colored panties will be too conspicuous under the white tops and bottoms.
* You can take a 2 - 3 sets of casual wears/mufti for Sunday and camp fire night.
* 1 pair of shoe and socks is okay. It is good to have a white rubber shoe that is easy to clean (sold at camp also)

Other Recommended Items

28 Torch lights
29 Mosquito nets/mosquito repellant
30 Food flasks, cups, drinking flasks & cutlery
31 Cloth hangers
32 Wrist watch
33 Padlocks and keys
34 Waist pouch
35 Handkerchiefs/face towels/Kleenex
36 Pegs/clips

37 Get a cheap watch. Every one uses a waist purse. Its your camp bestie. Most of these items can be easily bought in the camp so don't worry. If you cant get them before travelling.

Optional First Aid Items

38 Methylated spirits/ rubbing alcohol
39 Band aids/plasters
40 Robb
41 Bandages
42 Cotton wool
43 Anti-purging pills (flagyl, tetracycline etc.)
44 Anti-malaria pills
45 Inhaler (for those who are asthmatic)

These aren't necessary except you have something to treat or known allergies

Miscellaneous

46 Camera & batteries
47 Writing pads and stationary
48 Novels/Books
49 Pillow
50 Games
51 Mp3/ iPod
52 Eye pads for sleeping & ear plugs
53 Surge protectors / extensions
54 Glue sticks & stapler

If you have an internet-enabled camera phone, do take it along. Camp life can be very boring without one. You will like to take pictures and share with your friends. You only need to be very vigilant and protective of your things. If you feel you need a bulletproof vest or helmet, please carry it. You know what we mean, don't you?

55. MONEY, MONEY, AND MORE MONEY.
* Never, ever, ever run out of it. Bring as much as you can afford.
* Mirrors and forks are known to be contraband items in camp
* Prices of items apart from fast consumer goods (Credit, Gala, Indomie etc) are usually higher than those outside so it is advisable you buy the things you can before going into camp.

PACK AS LIGHT AS YOU CAN AND MAKE SURE YOUR BOX IS AS THEFT-PROOF AS POSSIBLE.

You recommend that you get in touch with other 'Corpers' at www.otondoh.com. Otondoh wants to help youth corps members serving in different parts of the country to connect and share their experiences during their service year.

The mobile network currently has over 1000 members and provides tips and resources for corps members.

It’s a cool network that can also benefit all youth corp members who are currently on or about to embark on their primary assignment.

Ajuwaiah!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by osho3mtech(f): 6:09am On Nov 02, 2012
God bless u for the info..... Na Ekiti state dem post me go oh.

3 Likes

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by Afam4eva(m): 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
You forgot to add CONDOM

34 Likes

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by Youngzedd(m): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2012
Aah!!

All this.
How person fit carry all this.
No be holiday naa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2012
You are brilliant greenbobo. Nice. I served 2010 and I wish I had this info too. Well thank God and at picture, mhen!!! graduates ni yen o. God should provide job for those looking for and for us looking for better but appreciative of the one we have.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by olaezebala: 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2012
afam4eva: You forgot to add CONDOM

The no 1 essential material needed in cassava plantation hotel cheesy
Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 02, 2012

Bullet proof and helmet was there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by brixton: 1:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
big thanks @ op, i jst bookmarked as im servin ind nxt batchA

2 Likes

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by stagger: 1:31pm On Nov 02, 2012

Did you not see where the OP talked of bullet proof? Abi u no know wetin e mean?
Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 02, 2012
Well, some of us did not carry other than 1-11. Yet we enjoyed camp.

1 Like

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by cdamsel(f): 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2012
D essentials 4 me is just 1-6,d rest is common sense,y wld I 4get 2 get tampoons/soap,etc?
Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by dymca(m): 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2012
Jarus: Well, some of us did not carry other than 1-11. Yet we enjoyed camp.
I pity u
Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by Youngzedd(m): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2012

GreenBobo: The next batch due for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) – Batch C 2012 – will be going for camping from November 6, 2012. What and what should you take to Camp? Do you really need most of the things you've packed into your big leather box already? Here's a checklist of what we think an 'Otondoh' like you is like to need...

Camp Items

1 Documents and Photocopies
2 Call-up letter
3 Statement of Result/transcript
4 First degree certificates
5 School ID card
6 Passport photographs
Comments
You won't be allowed into camp premises without any of them. Go there with about 10 passports & 5 document photocopies each

Toiletries
Essentials

7 Toothbrush & Toothpaste
8 Bath soap & Sponge
9 Detergent & Bar Soap
10 Toilet Paper
11 Towel

Others

12 Sanitary Pads & Tampons
13 Shower Caps
14 Bleach
15 Disinfectants
16 Buckets & Bailer
17 Body Cream & Lotion

Its ok to buy buckets and non-essentials at the camp.

Clothing Items

18 White T-shirts
19 White Shorts
20 Whites tennis shoes
21 White socks
22 Underwear
23 Bed sheets
24 Perfumes/ body spray
25 Rubber slippers/flip flops
26 Combs and hair needs
27 Makeup & accessories

* You will be provided with 2 pairs of white T-shirts and shorts in camp but you can take up to 2 pairs along.
* Colored panties will be too conspicuous under the white tops and bottoms.
* You can take a 2 - 3 sets of casual wears/mufti for Sunday and camp fire night.
* 1 pair of shoe and socks is okay. It is good to have a white rubber shoe that is easy to clean (sold at camp also)

Other Recommended Items

28 Torch lights
29 Mosquito nets/mosquito repellant
30 Food flasks, cups, drinking flasks & cutlery
31 Cloth hangers
32 Wrist watch
33 Padlocks and keys
34 Waist pouch
35 Handkerchiefs/face towels/Kleenex
36 Pegs/clips

37 Get a cheap watch. Every one uses a waist purse. Its your camp bestie. Most of these items can be easily bought in the camp so don't worry. If you cant get them before travelling.

Optional First Aid Items

38 Methylated spirits/ rubbing alcohol
39 Band aids/plasters
40 Robb
41 Bandages
42 Cotton wool
43 Anti-purging pills (flagyl, tetracycline etc.)
44 Anti-malaria pills
45 Inhaler (for those who are asthmatic)

These aren't necessary except you have something to treat or known allergies

Miscellaneous

46 Camera & batteries
47 Writing pads and stationary
48 Novels/Books
49 Pillow
50 Games
51 Mp3/ iPod
52 Eye pads for sleeping & ear plugs
53 Surge protectors / extensions
54 Glue sticks & stapler

If you have an internet-enabled camera phone, do take it along. Camp life can be very boring without one. You will like to take pictures and share with your friends. You only need to be very vigilant and protective of your things. If you feel you need a bulletproof vest or helmet, please carry it. You know what we mean, don't you?

55. MONEY, MONEY, AND MORE MONEY.
* Never, ever, ever run out of it. Bring as much as you can afford.
* Mirrors and forks are known to be contraband items in camp
* Prices of items apart from fast consumer goods (Credit, Gala, Indomie etc) are usually higher than those outside so it is advisable you buy the things you can before going into camp.

PACK AS LIGHT AS YOU CAN AND MAKE SURE YOUR BOX IS AS THEFT-PROOF AS POSSIBLE.

You recommend that you get in touch with other 'Corpers' at www.otondoh.com. Otondoh wants to help youth corps members serving in different parts of the country to connect and share their experiences during their service year.

The mobile network currently has over 1000 members and provides tips and resources for corps members.

It’s a cool network that can also benefit all youth corp members who are currently on or about to embark on their primary assignment.

Ajuwaiah!

Na dis one u like pass but remember many HIV carriers dey there.
Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by ariyebaba(m): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2012
GOD,GOD,GOD,GOD,GOD

2 Likes

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by Kslib(m): 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2012
The list cannot be complete without this..
.... Make sure you bring enough Garr! As possible ... Those who have ears,let them -------**oya complete am**

2 Likes

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by Angel778(f): 2:04pm On Nov 02, 2012
Youngzedd: Aah!!

All this.
How person fit carry all this.
No be holiday naa.
is better u pack as many as you can. I wish i gt dis in4 b4 i went for nysc. I saw hell at d camp at d beginning, bt thanks to OBS Crew, of which i belonged then, i was able to scale thru.
Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2012
Yimu: Apart from the Camp Items list... U can always get the others anytym u desire or want.. It all depends on ur pocket!!!
Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by pappilo(m): 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2012
God forgive me but the girl in the lower left corner of the picture looks like a chimpanzee grin

NB

I am not handsome and if me and the girl enter competition for worworness, e go be draw. Lets just say it is a case of game recognize game (chimpanzee recognize chimpanzee)

5 Likes

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by legalwealth(m): 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2012
Nice info but these things are too much to be carried.

Shebi one fit carry car go now...
Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by oubi: 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
Youngzedd:

Na dis one u like pass but remember many HIV carriers dey there.

Ʊ b fool φђ! So Ʊ had to quote d whole page jst to write rubbish..
Once again, Ʊ b fool oooooh!

3 Likes

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by slimyem: 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
These things are too much nah...
Haba!
No 38-54 are irrelevant..
Novel/books are irrelevant-you nor go even get time to read them..
Lots of excesses in this list!!
..a person's simple discretion should take care of most of those things..abi who nor know say im go need toothbrush,cream and/or sanitary pad in camp?
Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by oubi: 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
NOTE: apart from ūя̲̅ original cridentials, all other things can be bought/obtained in d camp.

1 Like

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by dnawah(m): 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2012
osho3mtech: God bless u for the info..... Na Ekiti state dem post me go oh.
i wish u well o!hope u no how to get there!thier camp is @ ise-orum
Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by dnawah(m): 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2012
cdamsel: D essentials 4 me is just 1-6,d rest is common sense,y wld I 4get 2 get tampoons/soap,etc?
but remember that anything u dont @ home will almost triple.i serve 2005
Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by dnawah(m): 2:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
I only went with some of those thing,but with almost half bag of gari,come see na everybody come be my friend.

2 Likes

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by ghettodreamz(m): 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2012
@OP.

Thanks for the info, I hope it's helpful. However,I took time to scroll through your list, but you omitted 'The BIBLE'. If I may ask, are you a Muslim or Christian? #JustAnObservation#

In addtion, the URL you provided isn't working, perhaps that's not the rightful domain name, try to check (www.otondos.com) and modify your post.

5 Likes

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by dnawah(m): 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2012
All the children of God should go with they bible.and no do any bad thin that u will regret later is only 21 days!

1 Like

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by oubi: 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2012
dnawah: I only went with some of those thing,but with almost half bag of gari,come see na everybody come be my friend.

Dis is no joke φђ! I went wit a bowl of beta ijebu gari aπd acted nonchalantly to it pple weh want am finish am. Whn time reach, no b person direct me where to go buy N50/cup (hausa yeye gari) grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! by cash22(m): 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
thanks for the update bro. very usefull

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed / NYSC 2014 Batch A Corp Members House / NYSC Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.