Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,278 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . (36172 Views)

Boko Haram Gives South Africa 24 Hours To Stop Xenophobia / Boko Haram Gives 3 Days Ultimatum To Southerners Living In The North / Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by chosen04(f): 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
Members of Jama’atul Ahlis Sunnah Lidda’awati Wal Jihad also known as Boko Haram have said they are now willing to seize fire and stop all atrocities being perpetrated by their group and work against other existing groups if the State and Federal Government will truly heed to their demands.

The acclaimed spokesman of the group, Abu Mohammed Ibn Abdulazeez, who doubles as the second-in-command (Amir) to their leader Imam Abubakar Shekau revealed this in a tele-conference with journalists in Maiduguri on Thursday stating that if the state and the federal government want the group to seize fire completely, then former Borno state governo,r Ali Modu Sheriff must be arrested and prosecuted according to the law of the land.

He also said that apart from the arrest of Senator Ali Sheriff, government should compensate the group and rebuild their places of worship which were destroyed during 2009 uprising.

Abu Abdulazeez further stressed that, all their members who were arrested and are under the custody of security agencies must be released with immediate effect, and all their wives who were displaced following the crises as well as their children must be rehabilitated into the society to create room for a fruitful dialogue with the Federal Government.

He pointed out that for a dialogue to take place, it must be through the following elders namely: Dr. Shettima Ali Monguno, Former Head of State General Muhammadu Buhari, former Yobe State Governor, Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Ambassador Gaji Galtimari and Barr Aisha Alkali Wakil and her husband, Barr, Alkali Wakil, insisting that the dialogue must not take place in Nigeria but Saudi Arabia, as according to him, the government of Nigeria is not sincere for dialogue due to its betrayal in the past.

Abu Abdulazeez also said that the group has mandated five members who are to mediate on their behalf; they include himself (Abu Mohammed Abdulazeez), Abu Abbas, Sheikh Ibrahim Yusuf, Sheikh Sani Kontogora and Mamman Nur

While speaking on the series of killings and unwantom destruction of property that took over Maiduguri recently, Abu Abdulazeez disassociated the group from such act, pointing out that such attacks were politically motivated by those seeking for power in the Borno Emirate council, government or otherwise, but not in line with the ideology of the sect who are fighting for the cause of Allah.

He also said that,the burning of old and newly constructed primary schools witnessed across the state were not masterminded by the sect, insisting that the burning of such places were carried out by aggrieved politicians who were denied contracts from the state government.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/11/01/we-will-seize-fire-government-arrests-sheriff-compensate-us-boko-haram/
Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by chosen04(f): 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
Believe me I foresee this cursed nation meeting ALL the demands of "I know their members" group (apologies to GEJ)

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
Oya! GEJ over to you.thank goodness they didn't give condition that our president must be a muslim.
Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by karlmax2: 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
They actaully called BUHARI as one of their Negotiators is it not clear now that buhari and all those mentioned as negotiators are their sponsor.

49 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Myself2(m): 6:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
Not Seize fire

...Cease fire

23 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by gangar(m): 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
front page please
Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Walexz02(m): 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
berem: Oya! GEJ over to you.thank goodness they didn't give condition that our president must be a muslim.

abi o... I would hv wondered wt his respond wil b...:/
Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
They are now seeking dialogue after being weakened by the Nigerian army. Its obvious that Nigeria is winning this battle. I suggest No to their demands, releasing their members would only mean a regroup before they begin to strike again. These boys can never be trusted angry

40 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
Brb

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by speeder(m): 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
The vampires at it again. You're not serious with your demands. How are we to know that if ur demands are met u will cease fire?
And WTF do u mean release the arrested member and compensate u for killing thousands of ppl. Will u compensate those u killed?
If i were the president, after hearing this condemned news, will take a shower, put on my pyjamas, lie on my bed and make love to my wife. Bleep them.

32 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by RedLight1: 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
thats what terrorist do.. They demand, they dnt dialogue.. Demands and more demands.. It only takes stupid government to fall for it.. D more government give.. they will ask 4 more..
Come to tink of it.. They want their members released.. What of the people those basta.rds has killed in their stupiid jihad struggle... What of the souls of innocent women and children begging 4 justice?
How can there be peace without justice?

I tink boko haram is loosing the war and government should not give to their demands..

Btw. .why did they mentioned buhari.. I thot pro buharis said the man is innocent.. I knew all along that buhari is notin buh a desperate green snake..
The former NSA was right when he said they should buhari 4 questioning

10 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Decapo: 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hmmmm....they know they're already losing their men.
NO to the dialogue pls

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by omicron(m): 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
Myself2: Not Seize fire

...Cease fire
Not cease fire

.....Ceasefire shocked

27 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by emiwanlee(m): 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nigerian army should carry on with the bobardments of their hide outs

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by puplin(f): 6:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
Cease fire pls, not seize!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
He pointed out that for a dialogue to take place, it must be through the following elders namely: Dr. Shettima Ali Monguno, Former Head of State General Muhammadu Buhari, former Yobe State Governor, Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Ambassador Gaji Galtimari and Barr Aisha Alkali Wakil and her husband, Barr, Alkali Wakil, insisting that the dialogue must not take place in Nigeria but Saudi Arabia, as according to him, the government of Nigeria is not sincere for dialogue due to its betrayal in the past.
Is Pastor Tunde Bakare, seeing what am seeing ?

12 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by naptu2: 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
Do they want to seize the fire or do they want to cease fire?

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Tyche(m): 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
So what happpens to the thousands of families whose bread winners were killed by these shameless pigs?

What of those that left their place of livelihooh cos of BH?

How will they be compensated?

The compensation BH deserve is death by hanging.

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Neoviper147: 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Decapo: Hmmmm....they know they're already losing their men.
NO to the dialogue pls
Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by deor03(m): 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
Obviously,they are weak now. They need time to regroup. I guess the government should intensify their push
Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by iamswizz(m): 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
The Feds might still betray them again.. grin
Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by fidelix: 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
While speaking on the series of killings and unwantom destruction of property that took over Maiduguri recently, Abu Abdulazeez disassociated the group from such act, pointing out that such attacks were politically motivated by those seeking for power in the Borno Emirate council, government or otherwise, but not in line with the ideology of the sect who are fighting for the cause of Allah.

He also said that,the burning of old and newly constructed primary schools witnessed across the state were not masterminded by the sect, insisting that the burning of such places were carried out by aggrieved politicians who were denied contracts from the state government.

if u didnt do all that then why dialogue wit u, abeg let the real boko haram come forward[i][/i]

8 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
Boko Haram should Dialogue with JTF at Borno

12 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
Na today? Terrorists. I don't see any sane government negotiating with terrorist. I believe naija has terrorist act in place and this should be used and exploited fully to the last letter in dealing with this unrepentant terrorist shiite called Boko Haram shiite.. Mtcheew.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by delors(m): 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
'Seize' fire or 'Cease' fire? Na wah o...this one self na operation fire for fire o! grin

To the matter on ground, I think it is now obvious whom their leaders and sponsors are...Buhari and that old man Ali Mungonu or whatever his name is...I barely escaped with my life in 2009 when serving (NYSC) at the state secretariat when Boko Haram started; there were rumours then that Ali Monguno was their godfather but I am surpirsed no one has mentioned the man's name all the while.

I guess they want Ali Modu Sheriff prosecuted because they cannot get to him...he was in office when the uprising started in 2009.

That said, some of the conditions are untenable.
* Releasing the Boko Haram guys in custody makes no sense, they will seek vengeance one way or the other.
* Having the so called negotiation in Saudi is impossible; Saudi govt wouldnt allow a terrorist suspect into their land I suppose.

If there is going to be negotiations, then the fed govt should table their own conditions too...let's see which side is more civil.
Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by acidtalk: 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
Can you people see that this Boko Haram boys are not greedy?
They are not asking for their members to be trained overseas, to receive minimum of N60,000 monthly and also to have N100billion budgeted to them 2013.

Na only in Nigeria criminsals dey comman government to come negotiate and government meets their entire conditions.

Seun, Mukina2, okija_juju shey una no go join militant or terrorist group so?

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by a1solution: 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
Though i am yet to believe this news. If this news is true I wud advise FG to arrest the pple mention by this sect immediatly, because for Boko Boys to trust them, signifies they are their sponsor. Thats my opinion

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
Walai! Na truth i talk,JTF don deal with these hooligans well well...who ask una 4 dialogue? Una ammo and strategy don finish sote una wan surrender with style.

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by analo: 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dis is a delicate mata n Gej wld no doubt for d love of his people n their lives negotiate by not meeting all their demands but some,a country like US wld do same bt with a back up plan cos these pple cn not b trusted 70%,so to me dey shld act fast n do what ever it takes to make them cease fire and in d process of negotiation d govt myt b able to come up wit their final solution jst incase they come up again.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by 001solar(m): 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
karl max: They actaully called BUHARI as one of their Negotiators is it not clear now that buhari and all those mentioned as negotiators are their sponsor.

Love dat lols
Re: Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . by Ramcie(f): 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
acidtalk: Can you people see that this Boko Haram boys are not greedy?
They are not asking for their members to be trained overseas, to receive minimum of N60,000 monthly and also to have N100billion budgeted to them 2013.

Na only in Nigeria criminsals dey comman government to come negotiate and government meets their entire conditions.

Seun, Mukina2, okija_juju shey una no go join militant or terrorist group so?

lmao , when people are thinking in one direction, only acidtalk goes the other way.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet The 11yr Old Nigerian Journalist Who Interviews Presidents / Say Good Bye To Goodluck Jonathan In Your Way / 2face Idibia Visits Charles Soludo Ahead Of Anambra Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.