Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

2005 Toyota Highlander Versus 2005 Lexus Rx330 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2005 Toyota Highlander Versus 2005 Lexus Rx330 (4765 Views)

Lexus Rx330 Vs Range Rover Sport / 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2005 Toyota Highlander Versus 2005 Lexus Rx330 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
They both share the same engine capacity. The RX has lots of gadgets and gizmos. The RX interior is exquisitely furnished than the Highlander with boring interior.

The Highlander look more rugged and has a better styling. Both prices are almost the same. We have lots of Highlanders on the road to fewer RX model.

Please technically which would you wish to own? Please, your preference shouldn't be biased towards the more available Highlander because everyone needs or drive it but with sufficient reason to support your preference.

Thank you as we educate ourselves.
Re: 2005 Toyota Highlander Versus 2005 Lexus Rx330 by mishooo(m): 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
They do not share the same engine as the RX 3.3Lt Engine is based on the Toyota Camry platform. Always preferred the Lexus RX330 because it is a [b]luxurious [/b]brand and it is compact as well with all those gadgets you mentioned in your posts. The RX is not as spacious as Highlander with three rows, so it depends on what you want it for - a family car or personal.

BTW, I CANT go for the highlander because it is TOOOOOO common and the normal dull Toyota Dashboard and interior.
Re: 2005 Toyota Highlander Versus 2005 Lexus Rx330 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
mishooo: They do not share the same engine as the RX 3.3Lt Engine is based on the Toyota Camry platform. Always preferred the Lexus RX330 because it is a [b]luxurious [/b]brand and it is compact as well with all those gadgets you mentioned in your posts. The RX is not as spacious as Highlander with three rows, so it depends on what you want it for - a family car or personal.

BTW, I CANT go for the highlander because it is TOOOOOO common and the normal dull Toyota Dashboard and interior.

* both vehicles share the same toyota camry-derived platform ☑
* the 3.3L V6 (internally designated : 3MZ-FE V6) powers BOTH vehicles equipped with 6cyls of the same model year) ☑
The highlander is slightly roomier though.
Re: 2005 Toyota Highlander Versus 2005 Lexus Rx330 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
If given the choice of picking between these two (Front wheel drive variants are best avoided due to the nature of our roads), I will go for the lexus.
* the exterior styling of the RX is way better than that of the highlander.
* the lexus has a much more upscale interior with more standard equipment.
*it will hold its value better.
My main concern is the presence of an air-suspension system in the AWD variants (it could be pricey to fix).
Re: 2005 Toyota Highlander Versus 2005 Lexus Rx330 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
Thanks @contributors. More views anticipated.

(1) (Reply)

My Toyota Avalon / Yaris Or Corolla / Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.