Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office (9987 Views)

ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor / Searching For Fashola's Achievements / PHCN Finally Privatised, NCP Announces Results Of Bids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by nduchucks: 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
hmmmm.

Newly installed National Secretary of the party of the late radical human rights lawyer Gani Fawehinmy, the National Conscience Party (NCP), Mr. Ayodele Akele has called for the resignation or removal from office of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola over an allegation the Governor conspired with the military to return to the system.

In an open letter to the President, Mr. Akele alleged that Governor Fashola had called on the military to assist his administration in crushing totally commercial motorbike operators, which he had banned from operating on major streets of the State. shocked shocked

Mr. Akele requested that the Governor be immediately weeded out of office for following his compromise with the army, as he could no longer use the police to achieve the phasing out of commercial motorcycle operators in the State. Akele also accused Mr. Fashola of hypocrisy, deliberate denial of roles, betrayal and over-drunkenness with executive power.

The new NCP’s scribe alleged that Mr. Fashola was privy to President Jonathan’s decision to deploy soldiers to disperse peaceful Occupy Nigeria protesters from the Streets of Lagos but professed solidarity with the masses – a habit which he also said Mr. Fashola exhibited in relating with the motorbike operators after using them to achieve victory at the polls and declaring war on them afterwards. shocked

The open letter addressed to the president, Senate President, Speakers of the National and States’ House of Assembly quotes verbatim in sufficient portion, Mr. Fashola’s letter in January condemning President Jonathan’s deployment of soldiers to Lagos, while flaking the Governor for indulging in what he had earlier condemned the President of doing.

[url=http://saharareporters.com/news-page/ncp-national-secretary-akele-calls-governor-fashola%E2%80%99s-removal-office]The Rest Of The Story[/url]

1 Like

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
Our dear husband Fashola the Hypocritical ruler.. grin

What do you have to say about this?
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Walexz02(m): 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
^
abeg helep me ask am again
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by naptu2: 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
Comrade Ayodelel Akele again. grin grin grin

He still hasn't forgiven Tinubu for sacking him.

4 Likes

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by nku5: 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
Ooh wee! I think he just called fashola a chump. Off to read the rest of the story
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by seanet01: 12:14am On Nov 02, 2012
Dem no born your great great grand grand father make him try am, talk less of you coward. Akele get a life. Ediot

1 Like

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by 1shortblackboy: 12:17am On Nov 02, 2012
undecidedAyodele who ? Who be all this piple sef.

1 Like

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by tatosh: 12:30am On Nov 02, 2012
Who is this nonentity? Can we test his sanity?

2 Likes

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by seanet01: 12:37am On Nov 02, 2012
1 shortblackboy: undecidedAyodele who ? Who be all this piple sef.
na one agbero boy ja

1 Like

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 02, 2012
Commissioners of Police are answerable to IG who in turn is answerable to Mr. President. Governors don't control them and that in part explains the clamour for state police. Ngige ruled Anambra for almost two years without police's protection. Soldiers? Governors don't even have any authority, real or imaginary, to mobilize soldiers. It's only the president and appropriately delegated authority that wield such powers.

If you see soldiers on Lagos streets, GEJ, not Fasola, should come to your mind.

2 Likes

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption: Commissioners of Police are answerable to IG who in turn is answerable to Mr. President. Governors don't control them and that in part explains the clamour for state police. Ngige ruled Anambra for almost two years without police's protection. Soldiers? Governors don't even have any authority, real or imaginary, to mobilize soldiers. It's only the president and appropriately delegated authority that wield such powers.
If you see soldiers on Lagos streets, GEJ, not Fasola, should come to your mind.
You are wrong my friend. Soldiers are on the streets of Lagos crushing Okada, are you blaming GEJ for this ?
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire: You are wrong my friend. Soldiers are on the streets of Lagos crushing Okada, are you blaming GEJ for this ?

Does he (Fasola) have the constitutional powers to mobilize soldiers? Answer the question.

1 Like

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Does he (Fasola) has the constitutional powers to mobilize soldiers? Answer the question.
You are dancing Azonto into the claims of the NCP already, it is because of the breach of Constitution and illegally deploying Soldiers to crush Okada that NCP wants him Impeached, Savvy ?
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire: You are dancing Azonto into the claims of the NCP already, it is because of the breach of Constitution and illegally deploying Soldiers to crush Okada that NCP wants him Impeached, Savvy ?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You must be one of Sagamite's Fucktards. Illegallly deploying soldiers to crush Okada? Can you give what you don't have?
Fasola had to write a passionate letter begging GEJ to withdraw soldiers on the streets on Lagos in January yet you are here saying the same man mobilized soldiers. Hold GEJ responsible if you see soldiers on the streets of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You must be one of Sagamite's Fucktards. Illegallly deploying soldiers to crush Okada? Can you give what you don't have?
Fasola had to write a passionate letter begging GEJ to withdraw soldiers on the streets on Lagos in January yet you are here saying the same man mobilized soldiers. Hold GEJ responsible if you see soldiers on the streets of Lagos.
Your quasi-illiteracy can not be cured by a village native doctor, I suggest you read the message from the source again. There are Soldiers and Policemen on the street of Lagos crushing Okada riders daily, and Fashola is asked to resign because he has contravene the Constitution by deploying soldiers unconstitutionally. Sometimes I wonder if that your name denotes your psycho-maniac personality, but use your senses and read messages before you make yourself a laughing stock. Fashola is a SAN but he breached the constitution by illegally liaising with Military Cantonment to deploy soldiers on the streets, I am for banning of Okada, by use of Policemen, but to deploy soldiers on civilians deserve impeachment. Fashola needs to apologize to NCP and me.

9 Likes

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire: Your quasi-illiteracy can not be cured by a village native doctor, I suggest you read the message from the source again. There are Soldiers and Policemen on the street of Lagos crushing Okada riders daily, and Fashola is asked to resign because he has contravene the Constitution by deploying soldiers unconstitutionally. Sometimes I wonder if that your name denotes your psycho-maniac personality, but use your senses and read messages before you make yourself a laughing stock. Fashola is a SAN but he breached the constitution by illegally liaising with Military Cantonment to deploy soldiers on the streets, I am for banning of Okada, by use of Policemen, but to deploy soldiers on civilians deserve impeachment. Fashola needs to apologize to NCP and me.

grin grin grin grin grin grin How did Fasola deploy soldiers illegally? Billydullard, there is a chain of command in the military. Governors don't mobilize soldiers. None would even obey such command if any was issued.

218. (1) The powers of the President as the Commissioner-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federation shall include power to determine the operational use of the armed forces of the Federation.

(2) The powers conferred on the President by subsection (1) of this section shall include power to appoint the Chief of Defence staff, the Chief of Army Staff, the Chief of Naval Staff, the Chief of Air Staff and heads of any other branches of the armed forces of the Federation as may be established by an Act of the National Assembly.

(3) The President may, by directions in writing and subject to such conditions as he think fit, delegate to any member of the armed forces of the Federation his powers relating to the operational use of the Armed Forces of the Federation.

(4) The National Assembly shall have power to make laws for the regulation of -

(a) the powers exercisable by the President as Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federation; and

(b) the appointment, promotion and disciplinary control of members of the armed forces of the Federation.

219. The National Assembly shall -

(a) in giving effect to the functions specified in section 217 of this Constitution; and

(b) with respect to the powers exercisable by the President under section 218of this Constitution, by an Act, established a body which shall comprise such members as theNational Assembly may determine, and which shall have power to ensure that the composition of the armed forces of the Federation shall reflect the federal character of Nigeria in the manner prescribed in the section 217 of this Constitution.

220. (1) The Federation shall establish and maintain adequate facilities for carrying into effect any Act of the National Assembly providing for compulsory military training or military service for citizens of Nigeria.

(2) Until an Act of the National Assembly is made in that behalf the President may maintain adequate facilities in any secondary or post-secondary educational institution in Nigeria for giving military training in any such institution which desires to have the training.

To reinforce that see the transcript of Speech delivered by Fasola in January:

By Babatunde Fashola

Dear Lagosians: For the past few days, I have monitored the developments related to the public protest against the increase in the pump price of petrol.

During that period, I have at the invitation of my colleagues in the Governor’s Forum responded to an invitation from the Presidency.

My role since last Monday till date has been to find a ground of compromise that stabilizes the polity, protects our democracy and prevent any loss of lives.

Inspite of these efforts, we were not wholly successful in preventing the loss of the life of a young Nigerian, Ademola Aderinto who was sadly shot.

I am truly saddened by that ugly development. While I condole with his family, I pledge the commitment of our Government to bring the alleged perpetrator to justice.

I have decided to address you today in view of the very disquieting developments that occurred overnight especially the deployment of soldiers across Lagos.

I have the highest respect for members of our military, especially because they have made a contract with all of us that they will willingly lay down their lives whenever it becomes necessary to do so, in order to protect us.

This covenant is instructive, because soldiers did not sign up to stop us from expressing our grievance about things that we are displeased about.

It is not disputable that the citizens who have gathered in several parts of Lagos like Falomo, Ikorodu and Ojota to mention a few have largely conducted themselves peacefully, singing and dancing while they expressed their displeasure at the way that we have taken decisions that affect them.

That in my view should not offend those of us in Government. The majority of these people who represent diverse interests have not broken any law. If they have, it is my opinion that in a constitutional democracy, it is the police that has the responsibility for restoring law and order if civil protests threatens the breach of the peace.

This is not justification for sending out soldiers to a gathering of unarmed citizens. Every one of us, or at least majority of us who hold public office danced and sang before these same people when we were seeking their votes.

Why should we feel irritated when they sing and dance in protest against what we have done?

For me this is not a matter for the military. The sooner we rethink and rescind this decision the better and stronger our democracy will be.

If anything, this is a most welcome transformation of our democracy in the sense that it provokes a discussion of economic policies and this inevitably may result in political debate.

I therefore urge the reconsideration of the decision to deploy soldiers and implore the President and Commander-in-Chief to direct their withdrawal from our streets, I must also emphasize that the rights of free speech and protest is not absolute. They impose the duty not to break the law, breach the peace, endanger human life or destroy property whether public or private.

They also impose the duty to respect the rights of others not to support our protest and indeed to support what we oppose. At the end of the day, it is a contest of ideas in which the most persuasive will get the endorsement of the majority of the people we serve.

I am convinced that our democracy is mature enough to accommodate this. We must do our best to ensure that it does.

God bless you all.

Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN
Governor of Lagos State

If you see soldiers anywhere in Lagos, GEJ, NOT Fasola, should come to your mind.

8 Likes

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption:

grin grin grin grin grin grin How did Fasola deploy soldiers illegally? Billydullard, there is a chain of command in the military. Governors don't mobilize soldiers. None would even obey such command if any was issued.

To reinforce that see the transcript of Speech delivered by Fasola in January:

If you see soldiers anywhere in Lagos, GEJ, NOT fasola, should come to your mind.
I really believe you are smoking gbana. Are you insane ? It is the job of the President to call the chain of command to deploy soldiers, but Fashola illegally connived with the military units to deploy soldiers to arrest Okada as clearly seen on the streets of Lagos, and it is for that reason that NCP is calling for his resignation or Impeachment. Will it take you centuries to understand simple English ? Are you telling me that its the President that is implementing the ban on Okada in Lagos. Jeeezzzzz

2 Likes

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Tonicbaby(f): 1:31am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Does he (Fasola) have the constitutional powers to mobilize soldiers? Answer the question.
answe plsss
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by cobinwayahoo(m): 1:34am On Nov 02, 2012
Hehehehe,bros jona fit?No b for Eko Oooooooo
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire: I really believe you are smoking gbana. Are you insane ? It is the job of the President to call the chain of command to deploy soldiers, but Fashola illegally connived with the military units to deploy soldiers to arrest Okada as clearly seen on the streets of Lagos, and it is for that reason that NCP is calling for his resignation or Impeachment. Will it take you centuries to understand simple English ? Are you telling its the President that is implementing the ban on Okada in Lagos. Jeeezzzzz

grin grin grin grin grin Billyonaire is a first class person! Fasola illegally connived with military units to deploy soldiers? Wetin man no go hear! Can you produce the letter written by Fasola to effect mobilization of soldiers? Can you produce transcript of Fasola's speech authorizing the soldiers? How exactly did Fasola mobilise these soldiers? What instrument did he employ-words of mouth, speech, letter or just went to the barrack and shouted soldiers move to the streets!

Clowns abound everywhere on Nairaland. Billyonaire is one of them.

2 Likes

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption:

grin grin grin grin grin Billyonaire is a first class person! Fasola illegally connived with military units to deploy soldiers? Wetin man no go hear! Can you produce the letter written by Fasola to effect mobilization of soldiers? Can you produce transcript of Fasola's speech authorizing the soldiers? How exactly did Fasola mobilise these soldiers? What instrument did he employ-words of mouth, speech, letter or just went to the barrack and shouted soldiers move to the streets!

I see that you are loosing it already. So in essence you think that Gani's NCP are a bunch of nonentities when they call on Fashola to resign or be impeached ? I am waiting for Fashola to explain to me and the NCP why he connived with the military hierarchy in Lagos to deploy soldiers on the streets to maltreat Okadas (civilians). He did so illegally and must answer for it. Banning Okada is a great thing, but he has no constitutional legality to use the military, it is the very reason state police is not seeing the light of the day cos of the abuse of power. Fashola needs to apologize within 1 week.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by ektbear: 1:55am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption is correct
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by NegroNtns(m): 2:00am On Nov 02, 2012
Fashola is not going anywhere, he will serve out his term. ....
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 2:02am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire: I see that you are loosing it already. So in essence you think that Gani's NCP are a bunch of nonentities when they call on Fashola to resign or be impeached ? I am waiting for Fashola to explain to me and the NCP why he connived with the military hierarchy in Lagos to deploy soldiers on the streets to maltreat Okadas (civilians). He did so illegally and must answer for it. Banning Okada is a great thing, but he has no constitutional legality to use the military, it is the very reason state police is not seeing the light of the day cos of the abuse of power. Fashola needs to apologize within 1 week.

grin grin grin grin grin Why are you dropping Gani's name? Did Gani issue the senseless press release? Did Gani, who's gone to great beyond, authorize the letter? Leave Gani Fawehinmi out of your palaver. The press release bears the name of one Akele, let deal with Akele and his senseless conjectural crap.

Stop mouthing your nonsense: Banning Okada is a great thing Okada has been regulated not banned in Lagos; there are designated roads that Okada can not use in Lagos. If you are found riding Okada on such roads, you ll be made to face the wrath of law. You don't need soldiers to achieve this. Police are meant to enforce the law and they don't need Fasola's directive to enforce any law for that matter. As long as the law has be gazetted, it becomes enforceable. You don't bend a law if you don't like it, you repeal it. But as long as it remains the law, it remains enforceable. If Okada people want to be plying the high ways, want to ride on Third Mainland Bridge, they should do two things:

1. Find loopholes in the law: the manner in which the law was passed, it contravenes Nigerian constitution, etc. If that's achieved, they can then challenge the constitutionality of the law in any competent court.

2. Lobby to have the law relaxed or repealed.

Self help, an euphemism for hooliganism, will attract nothing short of punishment, not even from Fasola, but from police who are empowered to enforce Lagos laws.

2 Likes

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by willycrown: 2:07am On Nov 02, 2012
Even if it is agreed that Fashola does not have the constitutional power to mobilize soldiers directly, GEJ would not have mobilized them if Fashola did not request for it. So, by requesting for military deployment, Fashola invariably is responsible for the deployment. I used to be a die hard Fashola fan but truth be told, Fashola is just one over hyped power drunk hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by NegroNtns(m): 2:08am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption:

grin grin grin grin grin Why are you dropping Gani's name? Did Gani issue the senseless press release? Did Gani, who's gone to great beyond, authorize the letter? Leave Gani Fawehinmi out of your palaver. The press release bears the name of one Akele, let deal with Akele and his senseless conjectural crap.

Stop mouthing your nonsense: Banning Okada is a great thing Okada has been regulated not banned in Lagos; there are designated roads that Okada can not use in Lagos. If you are found riding Okada on such roads, you ll be made to face the wrath of law. You don't need soldiers to achieve this. Police are meant to enforce the law and they don't need Fasola's directive to enforce any law for that matter. As long as the law has be gazetted, it becomes enforceable. You don't bend a law if you don't like it, you repeal it. But as long as it remains the law, it remains enforceable. If Okada people want to be plying the high ways, want to ride on Third Mainland Bridge, they should do two things:

1. Find loopholes in the law: the manner in which the law was passed, it contravenes Nigerian constitution, etc. If that's achieved, they can then challenge the constitutionality of the law in any competent court.

Self help, an euphemism for hooliganism, will attract nothing short of punishment, not even from Fasola, but from police who are empowered to enforce Lagos laws.

....do you care to please do a civic class 101 for dummies to help ciach people about living in an orderly society?

Me i don tire to talk to these people who only live by and respond in like manner to chaos and bruteness.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Thanks for telling me history theories but its needless. The thread is about illegally deploying Soldiers unconstitutionally. So I do not understand why you are writing thesis that are out of point. Fashola by such action acts against his constitutional mandate and should resign, be impeached or be forgiven if he humbly apologizes. I love Fashola but if he goes against Constitutional tenets, he looses my support. Stop meandering!
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by NegroNtns(m): 2:16am On Nov 02, 2012
Billyonaire:

Thanks for telling me history theories but its needless. The thread is about illegally deploying Soldiers unconstitutionally. So I do not understand why you are writing thesis that are out of point. Fashola by such action acts against his constitutional mandate and should resign, be impeached or be forgiven if he humbly apologizes. I love Fashola but if he goes against Constitutional tenets, he looses my support. Stop meandering!

...lol, so an apology is the proper disposition for addressing an unconstitutional act?

Everytime Fashola violates your constitution and loses the support of people like you he invariably protects the public safety and order of people like me and win our support.
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by thelastPope(m): 2:22am On Nov 02, 2012
Prof Corruption:

The hallmark of Fashola and the ACN has become deception and hypocrisy and their members have all imbibed the trait. Now one eediot on NL is now telling us GEJ is the one using soldiers to enforce okada ban as if we are all kids. Very terrible set of peeps. Fashola has been the one sponsoring operation MESA, a joint military and police anti crime outfit for Lagos, not GEJ. The operation MESA commander reiterated this in January. The hipocrisy and betrayal of Fashola is alarming. This was how he chickened out of the fuel subsidy issue after all the governors, including all the ACN governors, had agreed that fuel subsidy should be removed. Only Oshiomole stood by what he believed and even spoke in the debate in favor of the removal. All the other ACN governors then receeded into their shells in traitor style only to come out when men of operation MESA were deployed to Ojota.

I did say in previous posts that I don't really mind a ban or restriction of Okada but the elitist and draconian way Fashola goes about doing stuff is very sad and should be opposed by all well meaning Nigerians. Doctors we're unceremoniously sacked just early this year. He deployed the police to brutalise haples protesting civilians on Lekki road. He used the police to terrorise LASU students and told them to drop out of school if they can't pay 250k school fees, up from 25k. He is not a democrat and Lagosians now know. We still have our voters card intact and we will show our disgust when the time comes. No problem.

5 Likes

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by thelastPope(m): 2:30am On Nov 02, 2012
ekt_bear: Prof Corruption is correct

He is a hypocrite and liar just like fashola
Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by Jeboy(m): 2:34am On Nov 02, 2012
I think there is a collaboration of forces from state govts with Fed govts in using Armed forces with the Police where Police is unable to handle peaceful co-existence of the community and Fashola has used this medium to indiscriminately oppress the okada riders with high impunity. I will advise the PDP led govt to start associating with okada men, transport workers, the poor people and down trodden. Its a matter of time and all dis structure of LASTMA oppression, Taskforce etc can be overturned. The people should seek alternative political power against CAN, that will work better because even if Fashola commits genocide, neither himself will resign, nor the house will impeach him as far BAT monthly allocation is regular

1 Like

Re: NCP Secretary Calls For Fashola’s Removal From Office by thelastPope(m): 2:34am On Nov 02, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

...lol, so an apology is the proper disposition for addressing an unconstitutional act?

Everytime Fashola violates your constitution and loses the support of people like you he invariably protects the public safety and order of people like me and win our support.

People like you are not majority. Not so many people are on the ACN payroll. You lot have been playing the ethnic card but that is failing now as witnessed during the last LGA election. Go on with your propaganda and lies. We are watching!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army, Govt Offices Owe N60 Billion In Electricity Bills’ / Anambra Elections: IG Orders Arrest Of Politicians, Others Inciting Populace / Nigeria And Niger Republic To Partner In Uranium Exploration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.