Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It (1002 Views)

Liberty Reserve Payment Module For Interspire Shopping Cart. / Integrating Interswitch's Webpay With Joomla's Virtuemart(shopping Cart) / Which Open Source Shopping Cart Would You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by SayoOgb: 2:16am On Nov 02, 2012
hey guys please help me check out www.sunglasses.com.ng ... its a new site in nigeria i guess
Im a web developer ..just wondering how these guyz do their shopping carts .
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by profstar(m): 2:23am On Nov 02, 2012
Great
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by SayoOgb: 2:39am On Nov 02, 2012
@ prof cool right? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by Maleeq(m): 3:05pm On Nov 02, 2012
#moved to webmasters section!
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2012
SESSION can help you grin
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by SayoOgb: 2:46am On Nov 03, 2012
@activeman and @maleek. the e-commerce sites in Nigeria indeed are growing.. i like the simplicity these guys have sha
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 03, 2012
That's the best e-commerce website in Nigeria so far. wink

I'm working on something similar, just haven't seen a Niche market to deploy if yet.

btw Most e-commerce sites now adopt the pay on delivery system which is great because Nigerians have refused to put their debit cards details out there.

A lot of orientation is needed in that direction.
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by badegbo: 1:56am On Nov 04, 2012
aasss in the site make sense die. those shades really seem original. ive been asking on nairaland since. are the thesame with jumia? angry
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by brohni: 8:03am On Nov 04, 2012
@brandnew are u refering to sunglasses.com.ng ?
@badegbo...they are def not desame...i have a friend that works there..these sunglass guys are preety cool
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by brohni: 8:04am On Nov 04, 2012
Maleeq: #moved to webmasters section!
suppose to mean?
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by Maleeq(m): 8:57am On Nov 05, 2012
brohni:
suppose to mean?
OP created the thread in the "Computers Section" of the forum. I moved it to the "Webmasters Section" based on the topic and the OP's need/question. smiley

1 Like

Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 05, 2012
True saying about nigerians not wanting to put dc or cc info on the web. Enough orientation must go to this effect.

Well one can still inculcate a shopping cart function even if its a nigerian site and that function will work for all debitcard here in nigeria. I am working on offering that service and the company handling that for me will be sending me that money every 3days into my payoneer card.

I create sites for people and this is the second shopping site i am building.. www.getpoems.net/ecommerce . It seems everything is working out there. Once done i will move it to a personal domain of of the owner.

So back to your questions. Yes anything is possible.
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2012
Sayo_Ogb: hey guys please help me check out www.sunglasses.com.ng ... its a new site in nigeria i guess
Im a web developer ..just wondering how these guyz do their shopping carts .

Again., the challenge is knowing what tool and script to work with. Etranzact is quite expensive to run and interswitch is a killer. email me so we can talk better on this issue. digglinkexchange@gmail.com.
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by SayoOgb: 12:46am On Nov 06, 2012
ribechi:

Again., the challenge is knowing what tool and script to work with. Etranzact is quite expensive to run and interswitch is a killer. email me so we can talk better on this issue. digglinkexchange@gmail.com.

ya ribechi i dont know how you do it, but www.sunglasses.com.ng also do "free delivery" around Nigeria sha , are you saying that they also carry the cost of the cart also... no free one
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 06, 2012
Sayo_Ogb:

ya ribechi i dont know how you do it, but www.sunglasses.com.ng also do "free delivery" around Nigeria sha , are you saying that they also carry the cost of the cast also... no feee one

Simple. The cost has been some how included in the cost. They are all original stuffs and they have included the average cost of delivery to any part of the country considering distance too.

I can build yours for you if you so wish and leave you to add, updateor remove more stuffs from your store. Check out this thread i posted yesterday; https://www.nairaland.com/1094627/only-190-n30000-get-online.

Will be expecting your response.
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by utimatedes(m): 12:20am On Nov 07, 2012
It seems the site is done with Magento...
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by SayoOgb: 4:13am On Nov 07, 2012
whats magento.... i think these guys code it themselves oh
utimatedes: It seems the site is done with Magento...
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 07, 2012
Sayo_Ogb: whats magento.... i think these guys code it themselves oh

Why are you giving yourself too much problem when there are scripts out there that will help you do all that completely. Check out my site. I am still working on. I have seen it work and it is what i will be making use.
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 07, 2012
brohni: @brandnew are u refering to sunglasses.com.ng ?l
Yes. I'm working on a theme that might look better though. Still working out the currency thingy. I like their e marketing strategy too. Looks like they'll fly considering their Niche. You can't go wrong in that line of business.
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by SayoOgb: 9:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
Brand_new:
Yes. I'm working on a theme that might look better though. Still working out the currency thingy. I like their e marketing strategy too. Looks like they'll fly considering their Niche. You can't go wrong in that line of business.
yea... they did enter a rear product line selling sunglasses.. i totally agree.
Re: SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 08, 2012
And trust a lot of Nigerians are into fashion accessories like that so there's a ready market for them.

(1) (Reply)

Getting Super Alexa Traffic Rank Without Getting Real Traffic/taking Any Actions / Please Review This Startup / 10 Bitter Truths About Blogging That You Don't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.