Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

I Need Info Abt Havin Honeymoon In Calabar - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Info Abt Havin Honeymoon In Calabar (1960 Views)

Flood Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Calabar / Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / Best Place For Low Cost Honeymoon In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Info Abt Havin Honeymoon In Calabar by deepeetop: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2012
Hi Nairalanders,

I want to go Calabar for my honeymoon.
Can somebody help me with information on food, recreation centers, affordable hotels, and many vitals needed.

Thanks
Re: I Need Info Abt Havin Honeymoon In Calabar by optimusprime2(m): 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
deepeetop: Hi Nairalanders,

I want to go Calabar for my honeymoon.
Can somebody help me with information on food, recreation centers, affordable hotels, and many vitals needed.

Thanks

Calabar is a great place to spend a honeymoon and it would be very nice if you went during December (yup during the Carnival season) you'd sure have many pleasant memories.
I'm gonna help you out to the best of my Knowledge
Affordable Hotels; Hotels in Calabar apart from Metropolitan/Transcorp Luxury Hotel, Channel View & the Mirage which are 5star rated are generally affordable. You Might want to try(I use * to indicate luxury, affordability- above *** tilts to the hi-side 8k+ for a nite in a regular room, # signifies the location proximity to other general places- above ### signifies quite a distance from general places)
****Monty Suites####=its located along murtala mohammed highway its classy and posh to the core but moderately affordable for its standard.
***Axari hotels####=located along Murtala Mohammed highway, classy, serene environment, and moderately affordable.
***Pyramid Hotels####=along Murtala Mohammed highway, now this hotel is surprisingly affordable for its class what many people dont know.
N.b Murtala Mohammed highway is away from the town, and out of action during Carnival activities but proximity to town is very easy from M/M hiway though from the Highway, its actually a lot closer to TINAPA- Calabars tourist wonder.
****The Anchorage#=located at state housing, around the heart of calabar is posh but moderately affordable.
***Marian Hotels#= located at Marian, the heart of Calabar. its moderately affordable.
Anyway Around state housing/Marian you'll find alot of luxury guest houses and hotels I'd rate *** or **** and the location of Marian is great for going places, transportation will be cheaper and readily available.
Now if you are looking for Rockbottom price hotels but still with Luxury then look these up,
**Ixora hotels###= its kinda hidden behind CRUTECH around Edem Edet off Yellow Duke street but its cheap for its luxury, I recommend this for you, if you want Luxury@ its cheapest. Cant say abt the price exactly but I know its one of the most cheapest Luxury hotels in Calabar and its Location is'nt that bad.
Now I'm done with Luxury hotels, these are still hotels very cheap but hey dont complain about service.
*Bluesea hotel###=located @ Musaha by Ekpo abasi
trust me the price dont get better for a responsible place a honeymooning couple should be lol its ok, but out of action from the main town.
Theres a range of others around Calabar south and Mbukpa.
On food= Ever heard Calabars the home of Food?
Knock yourself out with Afang soup, Edikang Ikong, Ekpangkwokwo, Afia Efere... Gosh just get there for a treat, I'm Salivating simply typing these- and Guess what They are Cheap too 300# will get you a plate you'd fantasize about for yrs, at a local food joint*tip* they taste better at local food Joints. Than places like Amanso

On Recreation; whoa during December, places Virtually call out...
*Marina Resort= the most romantic place to be on your honeymoon, its by the bay so its a wonderful view, you could buy boatrides, history archives at the Slaveroom... Wow I wont be surprised if y'all make babies there too.
*TINAPA= Just go there at all costs if you are in calabar-the place speaks for itself
*UJ Esuene Stadium=during the carnival the stadium hosts lots of activities, shows etc and guess what for FREE!
*Cultural Center= generally Calabar always has shows@ the cultural center but during december the place is turned into whats called the Christmas Village, fun and activities there all thru.
*NAF club= its your honeymoon right? Visit the NAF club either its during Karaoke night or sumfin, go there for the experience with your woman.
*the Churches(if u are Christian), Suya arcade if you are Nothern, the Museum, U know what? check out MBAKARA'S WORLD MAGAZINE on facebook for updates on events and places to be in Calabar.

Hope These helps, Enjoy your Honeymoon.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Country To Travel To In 2017 / Nigerian Woman Less Than 2 Years In Canada Already Battling Mental Health Issues / 7 Things You Should Know When You Are In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.