Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,438 members, 7,801,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

"Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us (5342 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Entire Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by pastormustwacc: 9:39am On Nov 03, 2012
Na wa o
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 03, 2012
I love this post! Eddie iroh..more ink to your pen. grin
Not just bout oyedepo..but entirely all 'pastorpreneur'. Smh for dem. Arrant nonsense. .
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by pastormustwacc: 10:53am On Nov 03, 2012
^^^Booqee, you don come again, them go pounce on you now. How do you want a pastor to wac? You people want pastors reduced to beggers?
Abeg pastors must wac jor!
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 03, 2012
^^lol. I don forget say u be one sef. grin
Btw, is it even wrong for a pastor to have a job ni?? Why strip ur members of their hardearned money while u sit doing nothing?? A pastor can av a job..can't they??

3 Likes

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 03, 2012
booqee: ^^lol. I don forget say u be one sef. grin
Btw, is it even wrong for a pastor to have a job ni?? Why strip ur members of their hardearned money while u sit doing nothing?? A pastor can av a job..can't they??
Why did Peter stop being a fisherman and became a fisherofmen.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by PastorKun(m): 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
expertfingers:

How are you so sure about this, Pastor Kun?

Do you sincerely believe everything about bishop Oyedepo and his ministry is wrong? Do you think he is an agent of the devil?

It is one thing to point out excesses, it's another thing to throw away the baby with the bath water.

I will like to know your view about the questions I raised, though.

If you add a teaspoon of poison to a glass of water the whole glass of water becomes poisoned. That is the case with Oyedepo's version of the 'gospel'. He claims he was called by God to preach prosperity gospel but this is a blatant lie because prosperity gospel is not found in the bible neither are the principles it is based on. Infact you have to twist scriptures actively and manipulate people like oyedepo regularly does to arrive at the so called prosperity gospel. Clearly it can't be from God. The only person that is obviously benefiting from this so called gospel is oyedepo himself whilst the rest of the congregation continue to pray and hope. The bible makes it clear that a true man of God should not love money but in oyedepo's case he is clearly obsessed with money. He is obviously not serving God but his own belly.

5 Likes

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 03, 2012
Pastor Kun:

If you a teaspoon of poison in a glass of water the whole glass of water becomes poisoned. That is the case with Oyedepo's version of the 'gospel' he claims he was called by God to preach prosperity gospel but this is a blatant lie because prosperity gospel is not found in the bible neither are the principles it is based on. Infact you have to twist scriptures actively and manipulate people like oyedepo regularly does to arrive at the so called prosperity gospel. Clearly it can't be from God. The only person that is obviously benefiting from this so called gospel is oyedepo himself whilst the rest of the congregation continue to pray and hope. The bible makes it clear that a true man of God should not love money but in oyedepo's case he is clearly obsessed with money. He is obviously not serving God but his own belly.

Clap for yourself Ok. Now how do you know what is from God, how grounded are u about the truth from God. Pick ur Bible and read the epistles of paul and read that of peter. They both had different callings, would you say because Peter and Paul didnt agree on all issues that one of them wasnt actually sent of God?

I guess not, ur understanding about a mandate is based on what u have been taught and groomed in. I have read other theologians and their theories, God gives everyone a particular message for a particular set of people. Oyedepo has a mandate built upon faith, prosperity is a sub of that madate. I advise you look for the book "Pillars of destiny"
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by ijawkid(m): 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2012
teeo:

Clap for yourself Ok. Now how do you know what is from God, how grounded are u about the truth from God. Pick ur Bible and read the epistles of paul and read that of peter. They both had different callings, would you say because Peter and Paul didnt agree on all issues that one of them wasnt actually sent of God?

I guess not, ur understanding about a mandate is based on what u have been taught and groomed in. I have read other theologians and their theories, God gives everyone a particular message for a particular set of people. Oyedepo has a mandate built upon faith, prosperity is a sub of that madate. I advise you look for the book "Pillars of destiny"

Lol......

And please can you tell me how different the calling of peter was from paul.....??

All we know is that all the apostles were never wealthy persons....never ever!!!!!.....

They all lived lives free from the love of money and the amassing of material possessions.....

Oyedepo and his colleauges are nothing like the early apostles of Christ......

1 Like

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol......

And please can you tell me how different the calling of peter was from paul.....??

All we know is that all the apostles were never wealthy persons....never ever!!!!!.....

They all lived lives free from the love of money and the amassing of material possessions.....

Oyedepo and his colleauges are nothing like the early apostles of Christ......

Paul and peter had different views about evangelism. Would u do well to remember Ananias and Sapphira in the bible when they brought money to the house of God.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by PastorKun(m): 3:00pm On Nov 03, 2012
teeo:

Paul and peter had different views about evangelism. Would u do well to remember Ananias and Sapphira in the bible when they brought money to the house of God.

They might have had different approaches but they preached essentially the same true gospel unlike the poisoned one oyedepo preaches. Also non of them was into greedy accumulation of wealth that oyedepo is notorious for.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Femmymata2(m): 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2012
teeo:

The möney was to be shared among the poor and not for paul & peter to buy roll-royce,private jets,mansions e.t.c. There are kids out there in dire need of food,water,shelter and medical supplies and a pastor is busy acquiring jets for missionary purpose in london,southafrica not afghanistan,iraq,somalia,maiduguri

3 Likes

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Femmymata2(m): 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
teeo:

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Femmymata2(m): 3:12pm On Nov 03, 2012
teeo:

teeo:

The möney was to be shared among the poor and not for paul & peter to buy roll-royce,private jets,mansions e.t.c. There are kids out there in dire need of food,water,shelter and medical supplies and a pastor is busy acquiring jets for missionary purpose in london,southafrica not afghanistan,iraq,somalia,maiduguri

1 Like

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Todaynatoday: 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
Who are we to judge a fellow human being?
If he has money and he decides to buy private jets with it, why should we be bothered?
If you feel he is not doing the will of the Almighty God, leave him for God to judge; he has a case with God and not with man.
Afterall the race to heaven is a personal one.

2 Likes

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Mavrick2012: 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2012
teeo:
Why did Peter stop being a fisherman and became a fisherofmen.
and y didnt paul stop tent makin?even wit al his long distance misionary joney he refuse to b a "burden" on d church
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by chiteny(m): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
Todaynatoday: Who are we to judge a fellow human being?
If he has money and he decides to buy private jets with it, why should we be bothered?
If you feel he is not doing the will of the Almighty God, leave him for God to judge; he has a case with God and not with man.
The much I know this is not judgement. Speaking out the perceived wrong doing of a man is not judging him. However, God has the final say on the last day. But if I see anybody do bad thing I go talk.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Mavrick2012: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2012
Todaynatoday: Who are we to judge a fellow human being?
dis old deceptiv falacy "leave 4 God 2 judge".dis is d reason y our politicians kip lootin n goin free because "god wil judge".yet while their evil has sent so many good ppl to early grave al dis wiked policians(eg obj,ibb etc)are aprochin their 80s just because of our dimwited n sily liv-4-god-2-judge" dispositn
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by ijawkid(m): 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
teeo:

And then what happened??

If you read that book of acts you would find out that the money accrued from the contributions of those christians were shared to the needy christians who had come from far and wide for the festival of pentecost......the apostles never used those monies to buy chariots and employ roman soldiers to protect them....they never used those contributions to live large while the remaining christians remained poor......

Infact the apostles had part time jobs ,that enabled them assist the poor amongst them......

2 Likes

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Mavrick2012: 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2012
ijawkid:

And then what happened??

If you read that book of acts you would find out that the money accrued from the contributions of those christians were shared to the needy christians who had come from far and wide for the festival of pentecost......the apostles never used those monies to buy chariots and employ roman soldiers to protect them....they never used those contributions to live large while the remaining christians remained poor......

Infact the apostles had part time jobs ,that enabled them assist the poor amongst them......

u rite broe.if u take ur time n rid abt d church durin d apostls u wil undastand dat d essenc of contributn(ofrin) is 2 ensur economic equality among d blivas.so dat while som are amasin private jets odas wilnt b struglin wit comon tins like acomodatn
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by truthislight: 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2012
booqee: ^^lol. I don forget say u be one sef. grin

exactly!

Apostle paul was a tent maker.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by truthislight: 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
teeo:

stories.
teeo:

I advise you look for the book "Pillars of destiny"
pls, what version of bible is this?
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by truthislight: 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
teeo:

i thought it was an issue of fear of men that peter had that paul corrected

Can you please educate me on how paul and peter had different views?

Paul was sent to the nations while peter was sent to Jews.

Is it not the same fishers of men?

Please educate i man naa?
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2012
KDK: Judgement day shall tell. God has a grinding wheel that may seemingly grind slowly but it grinds extremely well.

We should judge them ourselves sometimes.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2012
fem30:

We should judge them ourselves sometimes.

And who are u to judge. Why is it that people have been blinded by what they see. Who told u that he is using the church money to buy his Rolls Royce, the Jet belongs to the church and is used to for church outreaches to foreign countries.

Wealthy people in the church give personal gifts to him and he uses it to live well. Must he die a pauper because he is a pastor.

Abeg just park well oo
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Boomark(m): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2012
teeo:

And who are u to judge. Why is it that people have been blinded by what they see. Who told u that he is using the church money to buy his Rolls Royce, the Jet belongs to the church and is used to for church outreaches to foreign countries.

Wealthy people in the church give personal gifts to him and he uses it to live well. Must he die a pauper because he is a pastor.

Abeg just park well oo

We are not judging them we are rebuking them.

Did any of the apostles die a pauper? Even if he use 90% of all he has now to help the poor, he will still feed well well.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2012
Boomark:

We are not judging them we are rebuking them.

Did any of the apostles die a pauper? Even if he use 90% of all he has now to help the poor, he will still feed well well.

Why do you think he isnt feeding the poor? So he must sell his Rolls Royce before you know he feeds the poor.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by smithoo(m): 2:19am On Nov 04, 2012
Mother theresa Of india comes to mind. If only our pastors can learn from her. She served God and humanity. Christ feed 5000 people but reverse is the case in nigeria. The 5000 will feed the pastor. A generation will rise and say enough is a enough.

1 Like

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by ogoamaka99(m): 5:30am On Nov 04, 2012
@ pastor kun,
I am not supperised at this post.JESUS speaking in Mathew 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. You are just showing the true meaning of yor name -anti pastor. Howerever Oyedepo is a blessed man for so said JESUS Math 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Sirniyeh(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2012
I have known Oyedepo when he started the church from his flat in Kaduna 1981. One thing his fans will not believe is that "O da ogbon si ni" confirmed?
He used voodoo power to breakforth. The old hausa man who performed the ritual was given N20,000 then in 1985 and told him to relocate to Lagos. One thing about voodoo power is that, it takes brain to keep rekindling the fire of it. That was why oyedepo changed into prosperity scenerio. In kaduna, he was not into prosperity and was not famous. The voodoo at work. The truth is, he is a ritualist. I can confirm this in ten places. It is just that he is smart, intelligent and creative. He also yearly pays his due(blood) to the society he belongs. I have known this since 1999. Some years ago when he dare not to pay his due, he was attacked though many people never knew.
Lets leave him alone. Watch out all these my lies after his death, the cult he belong would claim his corpse then all eyes shall open.
He had a clash with his inlaw who head Abuja church, not because of money as many though, but bcs the refusal to be initiated just like what he did to his son who heads UK. Samething to man who head Ghana some years ago, initiation!
Pls, leave Oyedepo.

2 Likes

Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 04, 2012
Sirniyeh: I have known Oyedepo when he started the church from his flat in Kaduna 1981. One thing his fans will not believe is that "O da ogbon si ni" confirmed?
He used voodoo power to breakforth. The old hausa man who performed the ritual was given N20,000 then in 1985 and told him to relocate to Lagos. One thing about voodoo power is that, it takes brain to keep rekindling the fire of it. That was why oyedepo changed into prosperity scenerio. In kaduna, he was not into prosperity and was not famous. The voodoo at work. The truth is, he is a ritualist. I can confirm this in ten places. It is just that he is smart, intelligent and creative. He also yearly pays his due(blood) to the society he belongs. I have known this since 1999. Some years ago when he dare not to pay his due, he was attacked though many people never knew.
Lets leave him alone. Watch out all these my lies after his death, the cult he belong would claim his corpse then all eyes shall open.
He had a clash with his inlaw who head Abuja church, not because of money as many though, but bcs the refusal to be initiated just like what he did to his son who heads UK. Samething to man who head Ghana some years ago, initiation!
Pls, leave Oyedepo.

Interesting post! **Shaking my head**
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 04, 2012
Sirniyeh: I have known Oyedepo when he started the church from his flat in Kaduna 1981. One thing his fans will not believe is that "O da ogbon si ni" confirmed?
Pls, leave Oyedepo.

May God forgive u. I wldnt go into that Voodoo claim of urs but i have heard worse than this from people like you.
SMH at ur ignorance. One word, Father Forgive This Poster cause he doesnt know what he is doing
Re: "Bishop" Oyedepo And The Rest Of Us by Boomark(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
teeo:

Why do you think he isnt feeding the poor? So he must sell his Rolls Royce before you know he feeds the poor.

At his level he shouldn't beat his chest that he has fed 50 poor people while he cruise around with what could have helped 5000 poor people. The body of Christ is meant to help one another not one person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Know The Lyrics To This Praise Song Pls? / Interview With Aisha Uzoechina (pastor's Daughter Who Converted To Islam) / Iyin Ye, Olorun Wa, Oba To Ngbo Adura, Ogo Ye, Olorun, Oba To Ngbo Adura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.