Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? (25238 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles of Nigeria versus Black Stars of Ghana

Super Eagles of Nigeria: 74% (111 votes)
Black Stars of Ghana: 26% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by pastoreasy: 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2008
with all d yrs of xperience playing quality football worldwide and getting well paid, its a shame it always have 2 come 2 dis for naija - maybe we should start looking into other sports and forget soccer (e.g. - racing)
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by TmeD0(m): 1:08pm On Feb 05, 2008
doyindamus   Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country?
« #522 on: February 03, 2008, 09:01 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WORTHY MENTION TO SHITTU ABEG. . . THE BOY TRY.

AND I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO BE A LIABILITY

ASSUMING OSAZE HAD PASSED THAT BALL TO HIM ONE TIME RATHER THAN GO FOR THE RED CARD
IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT.

Exactly! That was the first thing I said too when I saw the highlights.  The other guy was wide open all by himself.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by seguno2: 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2008
Super(?) Eagles, Patriotism & Miracle seekers
===============================

I find our comments about the Eagle's failure very surprising but not unusual, rather typical Naija.
1. SUPER Eagles - The super is just like when we refer to our country as the Giant of Africa, even though we are only giant in population that has not translated into socio-economic benefits. Did we not perform consitently better when we were plain GREEN Eagles
Nowadays, we are too engrossed in unjustified self-aggrandisement both at the personal and collective levels.
2. PATRIOTISM - It seems patriotism is only meant for the "labourers" or ordinary citizens not for those who break the laws & loot the treasury blind and by so doing encourage others including football administrators to do likewise. Na everybody dey smart, abi no be so
Why should the players perform impressively and play their hearts out if their welfare is not adequately catered for or guaranteed despite the billions allocated to sports?
When was the last time our country featured on any top medal list in a global athletic event?
3. MIRACLE - I guess we were expecting that we will again "wobble & fumble" through to winning the cup, especially after defeating our tiny neighbours, Benin that fielded a number of Nigeria-born players. Well our exit just shows that work & pray is what wins the race NOT pray only.
Hopefully we will, individually, reflect on our sordid societal situation that manifests in all aspects of our national life and take small steps of positive change
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tjadeba(m): 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2008
am still amazed as to why people are not saying anything about the level of play of most of our players.dont you think that if a Maurinho were to be the coach of Nigeria with Taiye Taiwo on the left full back position and misfit Nwaneri as the right full back and a bunck of 23 players without a playmaker,what would have happened?i am not totally absolving vogts of the blames,but dont you think the present crop of players we have can only give out what they have in terms of their creativity and skills(talent).i mean you cant compare Eguaveon's or Ben Iroha's or Celestine Babayaro's creativity with either Taiwo's or Nwaneri's.Although one or two of them have been outstanding(Shittu & Osaze).my beleif is that first,we need a trainer/coach/technical adviser or whatever they call they call them to help us discover real talents that can wear our national colours and until then we can start talking of commitment and tactical approach to matches.That lies the present strenght of Cote d'ivoire. I seriously beleive we cant have that kind of team to represent us in 2010,because it is usually a long process.remember it took Westerhoff 4 years to acheive that.so Nigerians should never think a fire brigade approach will bring out the desired result lset we willalways rely on mother luck every time.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Lamina(f): 11:51am On Feb 06, 2008
i already knew Nigeria wasnt goin to make it.
dey lack a particular type of playing skill
GOOD FOR GHANA ANYWAY
and to all y'all tat bet,well too bad u lost ur moni
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by chinesedoll(f): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2008
I dey suggest Coaster bus to bring back d
so called eagles but now e be like say na molue
go carry them come back or better still make them trek
come.

Come to think of it Black stars dont shine
but e be like say dis ones shine pass shine.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by efuah(f): 5:25pm On Feb 06, 2008
Sweet T. . . it feels gr8 kiss
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by amsky(m): 11:00pm On Feb 06, 2008
Are we still whining over this football match? i thought we had got over the whole thing. Let's try and see things in another light o!!! If Ghana had lost dont you know they'd have shown 9ja people there pepper? They for show them say canda na meat khaki na leather. grin

Who said Nigeria is finished? This is only a game.It will not put more money in our pockets neither will they reduce the heavy tax that has been deducted from my salary. cry So let's stop crying over spilled milk. Ghana has spent hard currency that is hard to come by,so let them win okay.

Who suggested that they should leave nairaland for us? That one is not possible o! even if you send them away with koboko,they'll never leave us.It's more like they can never do without us. cool Without 9jas their lives are incomplete. So people cheer up okay, it's not the end of the world. kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Single Picks Strategy No Chance To Loose ( A Must View For All Punters) / Where Are The Cat And Pig That Predicted Nigeria's Victory? / Shola Shoretire To Sign Man United First Professional Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.