Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ (2359 Views)

Warnings From Jesus, Economic Collapse, Judgement Of America / Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? / Will A Mad Man That Dies Face Judgement Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by endure: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2006
I WONDER SEVERAL TIME WHY SOME PEOPLE KEEP ON THINKING ABOUT IRRELEVANT THINGS ABOUT THE EARTH AND WHAT BECOME OF IT. undecided

I WONDER WHY PEOPLE CAN'T JUST ALLOW THEMSELVES TO THE WILL OF THE FATHER AND SURRENDER THEIR LIFE TO CHRIST. REMEMBER, U CAN NOT TRACE HIS ORIGIN, HE MADE THE EARTH U LIVE IN, HE MADE EVERYTHING U R ENJOYING ON THIS EARTH. THERE WASN'T ANYTHING LIKE EARTH BEFORE HIS ORIGIN AND OUT OF HIS IMMAGINATION HE CREATED THE EARTH. I THINK THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT SINCE HE CREATED THE EARTH, HE HAS THE POWER TO BRING IT TO AN END. HAVE U EVER WONDERED WHY THE SCIENTIST CAN ONLY FORECAST BUT CANNOT STOP A HAPPENING, THE ECLIPSE OF THE SUN WAS ONLY FORETOLD THRU THE LIL KNOWLEGE GIVEN TO THEM BY THE CREATOR, BUT BY NO MEANS CAN THEY STOP IT. REMEMBER THINGS EXISITING ARE MADE FROM WORDS OF HIS MOUTH. WHEN THE ATTROCITIES OF THE EDOMITES WERE BEYOND CONTROL, HE DESTROYED THEM WITHOUT ANY PERMISSION, THE PEOPLE IN THE DAYS OF NOAH WERE DESTROYED BY HIM, THE ISSUE OF LANGUAGE DISPARITY CAME INTO EXISTENCE DUE TO THE FACT DAT MAN CAN NOT OUTRUN HIS MASTER. , THE DEVIL WAS CAST OUT OF HEAVEN BECUASE OF PRIDE AND REBELLION DON'T U HAVE THE FEELING THAT HE CAN ALSO BRING THE WORLD HE MADE OUT OF NOTHING TO AN END??

NEVER DOUBT THE COMMING OF CHRIST CUZ ALL THAT IS HAPPENING NOW ARE FORETOLD SIGNS OF HIS COMMING, THE ADVANCEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SHUD DRIVE UR MIND TO THE REIGN OF THE ANTI-CHRIST AFTER RAPTURE,
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by babymine(f): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2006
No one can escape God's judgement.
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by jagunlabi(m): 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2006
Na by force?Some people believe in christ,others believe in prophet mohammed,while others believe in other ways of faith.
Why is it so compulsory to you,endure,that everybody has to go down your own path of faith?Afterall,the destination is the same,but only the pathways differ.You titled your thread neutrally,but only to turn it into a christian propaganda call.Is God a christian?Can you prove that this is so?
Please,leave people and let them choose and stay on whatever path that suits them the best.Don't let us start acting like the talebans on this forum.
Tolerance,please! cool
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by babymine(f): 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2006
@ jagunlabi

Haba! What's your own now?
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by jagunlabi(m): 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2006
@babymine
Sorry if i sounded a bit too harsh,but i don't usually take kindly to folks who try to push their own faiths down other people's throats.There is this thing called freedom of choice,and that also in the realm of religion.
This world has always been multi religious,and that is the way it is going to stay for whatever time it will  still be in existence whether some folks like it or not.
If God were on the side of the christians only - for example - he would've turned the entire population of the world into christians long ago.
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by 4getme1(m): 11:06pm On Apr 19, 2006
@jagunlabi, ku-lu ku-lu temper! cheesy

It does not read to me as though endure was trying to "push [his] own faith down other people's throats." It is true that he spoke about his convictions and appealed to readers by way of persuasion to consider surrendering their lives to Christ. That might've sounded like 'conversion at gun point' to some people, but not necessarily.

There are others who have done the same thing in one way or the other in speaking about their convictions and appealing to readers to consider joining their own persuasions. I remember my friend Idrisa went as far as saying: "Who is ready to become a Muslim and he is my brother or she is my sister; these are my only loved ones on earth." The bobo bold, no be small; and I'm also guilty of having lambasted him - and I hereby tender my unreserved apologies to him, even though I don't entirely agree with his article.  wink

Again, others have implored Nairalanders to consider the offer of Ifa divination, with naijaguru trying to assure us that "its the best thing to request for Ifa divination, its traditional and its safe", ___and "Ifa is real efficient and potent. . . Ifa came before all." No one has dared to holla a discontentment at Ifa or naijaguru as at the time of typing this line.

There are others as well, but folks interprete life experiences and outlook, ideologies and worldviews differently. The freedom of choice and tolerance, even in religion, should be guaranteed to all; and this guarantee should not be expressed in militancy or belligerence against people who want to share their own convictions as others have done on the Forum.

Ema bi nu.  wink

*Just want to add this bit as well: endure, you're hereby guaranteed the freedom to tell us what you feel persuaded to share. Only, I'd remind you to adhere to the rules for posting on Nairaland, one of which is: thou shalt not use all capitals. God bless. wink
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by endure: 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2006
@jagunlabi undecided
Please jagunlabi I understand how u feel about the topic @ hand. But i can still remember this aspect is on religion as well as everyone as u have rightly said has a freedom of choice. cool
I think you're very much right about that. Owing to that, I don't think u have to contradict yourself by introducing the issue of Neutrality (Anonimity) when it comes to a discussion. Am afraid, I see neutral people as people without a focus and consider people without a focus as poor people. But my white friend called them "fools" because they argue blindly. Such persons can be tossed here and there by false doctrines.
So back to the topic @ hand. I will not be supprised if u tell me you're a pegan. A christian shud undertand wat am talking abt better. As for being whether a christian or muslim, I dont think that shud be a thorn on ur flesh cos like u rightly said, we all have a freedom of choice. I will be glad if u consider it once again if u can actually escape the judgement of God!!! cool
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by endure: 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2006
, yea, in continuation of my points, u shud be able to defend rightly wat u believe, ok but if u dont, pls try and join my charade for the glorious kingdom, I am only pleading, cos i see no one wants to make a choice under duress wink
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by 4getme1(m): 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2006
Em, . . endure, make it sweet.

I've made mistakes like that in the past, but there's an idea going on now on Nairaland especially on the Religious Forum that we should seek to foster tolerance and peace among international divides. So, I guess the lingo of your replies was a bit . . .uhm. . . uninviting (or slyly caustic?). Maybe that's why he might have reacted at first.

Even if you suspect he's pagan, try to respect his own position as well.

Thank you and God bless. smiley
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by kimba(m): 4:53am On Apr 24, 2006
@Jagunlabi
, Is God a christian?

where did you ever get this idea from?
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by jagunlabi(m): 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2006
Get what idea?It was a question.
kimba:

@Jagunlabi
where did you ever get this idea from?
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by 4getme1(m): 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2006
@jagunlabi. . .lol.

Your answer is before you: define a Christian from the Bible and voila! wink
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by jagunlabi(m): 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2006
I doubt it if that will still answer the question.
4get_me:

@jagunlabi. . .lol.

Your answer is before you: define a Christian from the Bible and voila! wink
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by supaguy(m): 3:43am On Jun 16, 2006
nice topic, sure the way of escape is to try ur best to live a sin free life. As for the rapture, and anti-christ stuff, people with eyes can see what is going on in the world today. Wars and all that have been foretold in the Bible; the anti-christ has also been foretold. The funny thing is that after these things happen, some people would not still believe in the Bible.
Re: Who Can Escape The Judgement Of God?:-\ by dominobaby(f): 11:26am On Jun 17, 2006
Hebrews 2:3 'how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation'

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Churches Will Jesus Accept And Attend? / If I Were God. / Gay Man Files $70M Suit Against Bible Publishers Over ‘homosexual’ Verses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.