Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo (38803 Views)

See How The Nigerian Army Is Transported To The Battlefield In 2015 / Nigeria Army Is Developing Aviation Unit / US Army War College.class Of 80.buhari's Set(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Torch1(m): 11:44am On Nov 03, 2012
50calibre:

Guy is right! Igbos make up majority of the middle class. Yorubas are afflicted with unimaginable poverty, that is if you see malnourished yoruba kids queing up for beans you will cry.

And please don't mention Adenuga or Otedola, they are the 0.5%
chaai.. See smacking.. Easy guys! Abeg!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by MrGlobe(m): 11:44am On Nov 03, 2012
Chinekee, oga Seun is viewing this thread. Am unfollowing immediately. Lead me not into temptation grin grin grin grin
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 03, 2012
50calibre:

And yorubas sent to the farm where they can produce enough faeces to serve as manure for crops, while some of their women will be kept as s*x toys, you know Yoruba girls mature quick.
Hausa is a disgusted tribe, they can go join the us Army.after all they give birth like pig,so how will they appreciate human life.

Igbos on the other hand can send many of their kids there to join,so far money is involved,afterall money first,before human feelings.

Am proud to be a Yoruba. I represent my tribe.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Bolan123: 11:49am On Nov 03, 2012
ichidodo: ARA GA GBA NDI ARA TODAY TODAY.

Akwu m gi n'azu. Stup id people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by MrGlobe(m): 11:51am On Nov 03, 2012
50calibre:

Guy is right! Igbos make up majority of the middle class. Yorubas are afflicted with unimaginable poverty, that is if you see malnourished yoruba kids queing up for beans you will cry.

And please don't mention Adenuga or Otedola, they are the 0.5%
Am on the floor weeping here . Real tears. LMAOOOOO grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by sammyjay3(m): 11:51am On Nov 03, 2012
what a pity americans recruiting innocent pple to go and die for nothing, oooh i pity those Bleep chicken brains who thought that they where pick cos of they are brave waste ur life and your wife becomes widows your children become orfans. be wise ye brave foools

3 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by achi4u(m): 11:57am On Nov 03, 2012
So,must yorubas and igbos fight on nairaland everyday?
Come to think of it,who is better than the other?

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Ninilowo(m): 11:57am On Nov 03, 2012
They ve said it that Nigeria will disintegare by 2015. So this development does not come as a surprise.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by vislabraye(m): 11:59am On Nov 03, 2012
Super1759: I think its not on a negative side. Igbos are known to be warriors right from orgin and smartest among the tribes. Hausa peeps are fearless and can lay their lives for their belief. So it has something to do with their attitude to fight

What do you say about Tiv people then?
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by babeface3: 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2012
I prefer to be at the front line and fight baseless war for America than to join Nigerian Police cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by ichidodo: 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2012
sammy_jay: what a pity americans recruiting innocent pple to go and die for nothing, oooh i pity those Bleep chicken brains who thought that they where pick cos of they are brave waste ur life and your wife becomes widows your children become orfans. be wise ye brave foools
BUT IF DEM CALL YERIBA NOW, NA U GO CARRY FIRST, TYPICAL ENVIOUS YERIBA MAN. EJOOR GO CHOP AMALA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by truelovecom: 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I hope the US is aware that they have a trait of RUNNING AWAY from the battlefield when the heat is tough.

Please shot the f.uck up…your just ranting ,because your weak tribe(yoruba) is not on their list.

This is a proof ,that yoruba's are weak. just imagine what yoruland will look like, if hausa and igbo team up and fight yoruba(weak vessels, only good in noise making)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Youngzedd(m): 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
Ikwere fist son: my frnd u yorubas re more poverty stricken dn d ibos.d yorubas d highest numb of mud housds in southen nija.yoruba hav d highest numb of child hawkers in d south due 2 poverty.d ibos hav d highest numbr of midle clas family in d south so tel me hw re dy poverty stricken.wen u yorubas re walowing in poverty nd dia bragng wit lagos dat does nt belong 2u.lagos is neva a yoruba suces story bt nija.

The guy never chop today, na poverty wey they their blood dey worry am.
See as them dey open their stinking mouth call Lagos, who made lagos what it is today IGBOS, prove me wrong if u can.

Igbos are the tap root of 9ja economy, prove me wrong if u can.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by biodunid: 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
This is not a new program or unique to the US Army. The CIA began recruiting native SPEAKERS of sundry African etc languages years ago especially after 9/11. Makes snooping on such people easier or what is the point of gathering all the world's voice calls / internet traffic if you can't understand the Yoruba, Yoruba spoken? Nothing to do with courage. Just need people who are happy to snoop on their own people or lead the enemy into their own land for a mess of pottage - US passport. Apparently they already have enough Yoruba traitors - I am Yoruba - so dont need any more in the current recruitment round.

2 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Youngzedd(m): 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2012
Kslib: After reading all the comments on this thread,i came to a conclusion that one of our biggest problem in this country is "DIS-UNITY" and "TRIBALISM"..
I also discovered that a small white kid can make Some Nigerians kill each other in thousands... I have to admit,most of us are still suffering from inferiority complex,even though we dont want to admit it..
GOD is indeed a genius.. Ask me why? Ok,now i really understand why he use language to divide those people who wanted to build a very very long tower that will reach heaven in the bible.. Just look at how tribal insults are being trown at each other here,even our leaders are guilty of this... Look,the different languages we have have in this country is one of our biggest problem..

Now tell me why we should be called ONE NIGERIA.

To be frank the highlighted text will still remain there unless everybody have their own way.
ONE NAIJA my foot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by iconaus: 12:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
Whao i de enjoy this thread . US knows the tribes in nigeria n they know africa history dated back to slave trade , british colonization of Africa and nigeria civil war hence they know the real warriors . Not people who use mouth to cut iroko tree- the yorubas .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by achi4u(m): 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
afam4eva: Someone opens a thread to cause disaffection amongst Nigerians and the MODS assists the OP with his agenda by taking the thread to the frontpage. The funny thing is that the MOD is not even a Nigerian yet she has successfully succeeded in jamming the heads of ya'll.
Oh! some MODs are not even nigerians....and one of them banned me last time.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by EzePromoe: 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
Ikwere fist son: my frnd u yorubas re more poverty stricken dn d ibos.d yorubas d highest numb of mud housds in southen nija.yoruba hav d highest numb of child hawkers in d south due 2 poverty.d ibos hav d highest numbr of midle clas family in d south so tel me hw re dy poverty stricken.wen u yorubas re walowing in poverty nd dia bragng wit lagos dat does nt belong 2u.lagos is neva a yoruba suces story bt nija.
grin The richest class of Yorubas in Port Harcourt where i live are the taxi drivers. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by mavinc4u(f): 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2012
Horus:

Many people have alternative agendas. People in western countries study African web sites to see what they can get away with within mainstream media. Many Europeans are on Nairaland and other African web sites in disguise just to try and control the wave of information reaching our people. They use different screennames and start tribalistic threads on the forum to divide Nigerians. They master the art of manipulation.

you are correct.a good number of them have called me.though on a business level
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by vislabraye(m): 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2012
Yomieluv:
Don't know why it shouldn't be:

Fool! Fooler!! Hausas!!!

Greedy!greedier!!igbos!!!

English will be easier to comprehend this way.

Coward cowarder yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by mayorwesley: 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2012
Its a shame dat d igbos who r d most tribalistic set of human beings in nigeeria,u r happy to be mentioned along wit other tribes like hausa(boko haram),persia(iran), afghanistan(taliban) nd odas, this are tribes or people associated wit terrorism nd risk to us security,I guess d spate of kidnappin and ritual in the south eastern part of nigeria is sendin a signal to CIA to recruit more local speekers of terrorist tribes like igbo.I smell espionage

2 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by achi4u(m): 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2012
babeface3: I prefer to be at the front line and fight baseless war for America than to join Nigerian Police cry
correct guygringringringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Bosuntop: 12:22pm On Nov 03, 2012
80% igbo are illitrate and petty traders, 98% hausa are not educated. America can pack all of them to war zone and allow us have peace in this country. Afterall they re boko and kidnappers..

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by ichidodo: 12:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
biodunid: This is not a new program or unique to the US Army. The CIA began recruiting native SPEAKERS of sundry African etc languages years ago especially after 9/11. Makes snooping on such people easier or what is the point of gathering all the world's voice calls / internet traffic if you can't understand the Yoruba, Yoruba spoken? Nothing to do with courage. Just need people who are happy to snoop on their own people or lead the enemy into their own land for a mess of pottage - US passport. Apparently they already have enough Yoruba traitors - I am Yoruba - so dont need any more in the current recruitment round.
NO BE ONLY SNOOP NA SNOOP DOGGi DOG. THE U.S AS A WORLD POWER HAVE DEEMED THE NIGERIAN LANGUAGES AND THE PEOPLE OF IGBOS AND HAUSAS AS IMPORTANT COGS IN THEIR WAR-MACHINE AND NATIONAL SECURITY. SOON THERE WILL A RACE AMONGST CHINA, RUSSIA, EUROPE E.T.C FOR THE MOST HAUSA AND IGBO TRANSLATORS. WE DON TURN HOT CAKE. ABEG MAKE DEM YERIBAS PARK WELL MAKE WE PASS ABEG TO RI OLORUN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Youngzedd(m): 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2012
achi4u: So,must yorubas and igbos fight on nairaland everyday?
Come to think of it,who is better than the other?

You wan make I tell u abi.
Use Lagos state check who beta pass the other.

Dey there this thread go reach 12 pages, just watch and see...
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by mayorwesley: 12:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
The igbo tribes have no recorded history,theey r a tribe without history nd no known warriors,when otheer empires r knwn for there military conquest like d OYO empire, ashanti empire,pls tell me of one igbo empire nd warrior dat is knwn in history

4 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Youngzedd(m): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
Eze Promoe:
grin The richest class of Yorubas in Port Harcourt where i live are the taxi drivers. grin
And Tailors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by klax(m): 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
If this is truth, the answer is simple they are looking for sacred cow to be push to war front to DIE. Just check the list why not Spanis Why not Italian Why not Pakistani Why not Chiness Why not fellow American are they not 400 million in population what do they need silly native rubbish speakers for to join their war joy army? I'm sure so idiots will jump up now say yea its our tribe the satanic america soldier are recruiting hurraaay!!!!!! A fools will laways be a fool no matter how well train he is or how well nuture he is.

2 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Youngzedd(m): 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
mayorwesley: The igbo tribes have no recorded history,theey r a tribe without history nd no known warriors,when otheer empires r knwn for there military conquest like d OYO empire, ashanti empire,pls tell me of one igbo empire nd warrior dat is knwn in history

I no say na shame dey catch you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by achi4u(m): 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2012
Youngzedd:

You wan make I tell u abi.
Use Lagos state check who beta pass the other.

Dey there this thread go reach 12 pages, just watch and see...
Always Lagos___which most millionaires are Igbos with fragment of other petty tribes,you can't underate Igbos on all fronts.

fear them pls!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Wallie(m): 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2012
GAR3TH: Wow the amount of narcissistic people on this site is Unbelievable. The US army is recruiting them so they can be translators. Whether it be a future war theater, a wire tapping operation, investigations etc. Its not because they are "smart" or "warriors" like some Gullible people have said. Its so they have the right people to translate in a giving scenario, that's what all modern military do.
+1

1. The US Army recruits people with different set of skills.
2. Regardless of why you're recruited, you are first a soldier which means you fight ANYWHERE when needed.
3. Even the lawyers in the Army (JAG) with all their training can be drafted to the battlefield.
4. Like GAR3TH said, they need people to translate different languages when the need arises,
5. A soldier's unique set of skills will determine where they're assigned.

Lastly, I know for a fact that people are being monitored and just because you speak in your native language or in code does not mean that the people listening do not understand what you're saying. If you're speaking in Igbo when monitored, someone that speaks Igbo will translate whatever you say to the higher ups. There are people that their job is to sit all day and listen to people talking.

Someone is always listening and watching!

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by achi4u(m): 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2012
Youngzedd:
And Tailors.
kparaga sellersgrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attack On Damaturu, Kill Many Terrorists (Graphic Pix) / Police Shoot At EndSARS Protesters In Ogbomosho, Oyo (Video) / Bola Tinubu Arrives Kaduna State In Style For Event (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.