Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Russian Millitary Stretegies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russian Millitary Stretegies (1038 Views)

Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely / Dasuki To Face Fresh Charges Over 1994 Millitary Charge / Maitasine Crisis In Kano, 4100 Dead-Millitary Crushed Group. But B'haram Thrives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Millitary Stretegies by lilcutie8916(m): 9:03am On Nov 03, 2012
Russia is greatest military power ever.

Basicly, military power is combination of two factors: men and weapons. Let's check all of them.

Origin of Russian military traditions is very, very deep, more than a thousand years old. In fact, Russia itself borned as military nation. Russian military fanatism, which have roots in Russian Paganism, evolved after Russian Orthodox Church was formed. In Russian culture, best elements of Orthodox Christianity was combined with best elements of Paganism, thus forming unique warrior culture. The real peak of culture was achieved under Soviet Power. Soviet (from Russian word "vietche" meaning "council"wink is not just product of Marxism-Leninism, but traditional form of Russian democracy, destroyed by Czarism and resurrected by Bolsheviks.

I'll try to list main differencies between Russian warrior culture and other military civilizations.

1.Collectivism

One of the strongest sides of Russian army is collectivism and comradership. Because of Russian climate and hostile neighbours, Russian people are very collectivistic. Groups of comrades can achive more than sum single individuals, especially in war situation. Russian have slogan "die, but rescue your comrade", which explain this side of Russian warrior culture.

2.Communism

One of unique sides of Russia (and direct outcome of collectivism) is that Russian army has no such thing as strict hierarchy. If officer is killed, soldiers can make decisions without any orders from above. Russian army (both Pagan, Orthodox and Soviet) is sort of self-evolving anarchy, or, after Great Soviet Revolution, communism.

3.Self-Sacrifice

Self-sacrifice cult is present in most warrior cultures, but the difference between them and Russian self-sacrifice is that Russian (especially Soviet) soldiers don't believe in life after death. After death, there is only responsibility.

4.Responsibility After Death

Most warrior cultures see dying for Homeland as greatest military deed. In Russia, it is not so. In Russia, death does not remove responsibility. If you die, but fail your mission, you are still defeated. So, when most warrior cultures use "only over my dead body" concept, Russia uses "not even my dead body" concept.

Russia is probably the most successful scientific civilization. But prototype project and industrial production are different things. Before Great Soviet Revolution, Russia didn't (with several exceptions) have complex military industry. At command of Lenin and Stalin Russia became one of greatest industrial powers. Soviet system gave birth to most brilliant techno-geniuses in history - and most brilliant war machines, like Kalashnikov assault rifle, T-34 (most successful tank in history), LPL (flying submarine - hybrid of submarine and aircraft), Zveno (flying aircraft carrier), family of MiG jetfighters (all MiGs were brilliant), Flanker and Super-Flanker, Typhoon "Akula" submarine, SCUD, "Sistema" SAM series, Shilka, Tunguska and so on, and so on.

I'll try to list main differencies between Russian weapons and other military machines.

1.Collectivism

Most Russian war machines use "Combat Totalitarity" concept: they are linked together to form distributed computer network, which calculates best attack vectors, speeds, and so on. Soviets were planning to turn entire Red Army into huge, super-effective, ultra-intelligent living organism, which can wage war without any orders from above (the project was stopped by break-up of Soviet Union).

2.Attack As Best Defence

Russian military sees attack as best form of defence. Russian military. For example, after Second World War America was threating Russia with atomic bombings and aircraft carriers. So, Russians created - first in the world - space rocket that can attack any point of the globe in a matter of minutes. Americans wanted to counter Soviet superiority in combat rocketry by creating large anti-missile defence (project "SDI"wink. So, Russians created - again first in the world - combat spaceship fleet (project "Uragan"wink, which was able to destroy any SDI system in a matter of minutes.

3.Fair Fighting

Russian believe in fair fight. All Russian war machines are designed for long and hard battles of equal foes. Russians despise and never use such Western-style things as "hit and run" tactics, bombing of civilians, backstabbing of allies.

4.Responsibility After Death

Russians belive that death does not remove responsibility. So, Russian military machines can fight even if pilot is killed. Russians created network of "Vengeance Centers" (scrapped after break-up of Soviet Union), controlled by artificial intelligence, which can obliterate enemies of Russia even if all Russians on planet are dead.

Today, Russia is destroyed by traitors and replaced by Erefia (Er.Ef. - R.F. - "Russian Federation"wink, but Russians live, and their weapons live too. In competent hands, Russian weapons can kill many American invaders in "War on Terrorism". We hope that they will help to protect free nations like Iraq or North Korea against capitalist aggression.
Re: Russian Millitary Stretegies by solomon111(m): 10:50am On Nov 03, 2012
I love Russia.
The only country in the world i would love to be from,if i were not from Nigeria.
God bless Russia.
Re: Russian Millitary Stretegies by lilcutie8916(m): 11:22am On Nov 03, 2012
solomon111: I love Russia.
The only country in the world i would love to be from,if i were not from Nigeria.
God bless Russia.
dude. I just love the advancement they have achieved and their level of loyalty to their father land but my home is still my home we just have to take examples from others and make ours better.
Re: Russian Millitary Stretegies by PaulJohn1: 1:31pm On Nov 03, 2012
Russians advancement is very impressive, from military to science, technology, architecture and the rest.
Planned to have my masters program in architecture there, but I think the US and UK beat them to this.
Plus their racist mentality and unfriendly character I heard from a sibling there, ruled out the option undecided

I salute them for other things. Always frank and diplomatic.
If not for them and China, may be the US would have made themselves a god the world can't do without.
It'll be great if Nigeria government can be an ally to them to prevent unwanted oppression. wink
Re: Russian Millitary Stretegies by malele(m): 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2012
Poster most of the equipment u listed there don't do what u wrote dey do
Re: Russian Millitary Stretegies by malele(m): 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
Russian weapons can kill many
American invaders in "War on Terrorism.

And u think america dose not have weapons that can kill russians.
Guy write with facts and not because u don't like america
Re: Russian Millitary Stretegies by lilcutie8916(m): 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
malele: Russian weapons can kill many
American invaders in "War on Terrorism.

And u think america dose not have weapons that can kill russians.
Guy write with facts and not because u don't like america
dude I luve america but those communists are damn to fassinating don't u think? I mean their loyalty is outstanding d
Re: Russian Millitary Stretegies by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 04, 2012
poster, you have not come to terms with the latest trend in military technology. russia is old, i mean old fashioned and dont have much to offer in terms of research and development. after the recent georgian war, russia found out that most of their drones were ineffecient and resorted to going for isreali drones. they have not been in war for years and it exposed a lot about their military. russia is not a model when it comes to military tradition. if they were so powerful, why was hitler almost running them out in a matter of time? yu know what stopped the germans from invading russia? snow. russia is looking for business and not war cos they have not advanced in recent years.
Re: Russian Millitary Stretegies by manny4life(m): 12:49am On Nov 04, 2012
Don't I just love @OP theory of Russia's weapon advancement? grin grin grin grin... I'm lmao.

Russia is priding on old glory, nothing else. When the sh.it hits the fan, let's see how much they have.
Re: Russian Millitary Stretegies by manny4life(m): 12:59am On Nov 04, 2012
Paul John: Russians advancement is very impressive, from military to science, technology, architecture and the rest.
Planned to have my masters program in architecture there, but I think the US and UK beat them to this.
Plus their racist mentality and unfriendly character I heard from a sibling there, ruled out the option undecided

I salute them for other things. Always frank and diplomatic.
If not for them and China, may be the US would have made themselves a god the world can't do without.
It'll be great if Nigeria government can be an ally to them to prevent unwanted oppression. wink

As for the Bold part, maybe yes. However, unfortunately, neither of these two nations, though advanced as well, but have advanced R&grin compared to the U.S. which IMO still stands. U.S. partners with just about the best - Japan(Asia), Israel(Middle East) and the Europe, so IMO, neither of these two nations want war anymore than U.S. and her allies want it. You think China will defend North Korea (whom they support) when it comes down to it? Think again. Go back and see how China cautioned NK. How about Iran, if not for their NO votes on the UN Security Council, you think either of them will stick their back out for Iran? They know the truth, while Russia and China are in a tight race to increase military and weapon spending, U.S. is trying to decrease military weapon spending - almost 5x of what these both nations spend annually.
Re: Russian Millitary Stretegies by malele(m): 3:48am On Nov 04, 2012
kopite: poster, you have not come to terms with the latest trend in military technology. russia is old, i mean old fashioned and dont have much to offer in terms of research and development. after the recent georgian war, russia found out that most of their drones were ineffecient and resorted to going for isreali drones. they have not been in war for years and it exposed a lot about their military. russia is not a model when it comes to military tradition. if they were so powerful, why was hitler almost running them out in a matter of time? yu know what stopped the germans from invading russia? snow. russia is looking for business and not war cos they have not advanced in recent years.

Thank you my friend.
Pls explain to that poster.
Re: Russian Millitary Stretegies by lilcutie8916(m): 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
Do u aknowledge that if not for the breakdown of the soviet uniun they would would have surpassed any civilization available. After the nuclear arms race where do u think all those plutonium went.d

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Women Go Naked To Protest Against Hoodlums / Obi’s Projects In Anambra Amazing –labaran Maku / What Is Your Response When A Nigerian Or Foreigner Asked You "Where You From"..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.