Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? (13485 Views)

Is It Biblical To Pray For Peace In The Endtime? / Election Of Church Leaders By Voting: Is It Biblical? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 05, 2012
@omotola1, I think it is biblical. Check Gen 24:12-20 and he said, O Lord God of my master Abraham,I pray thee ... In 15 it says and it came to pass before he had done speaking, that, behold Rebekah came out...
Re: Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? by elikiba(m): 9:19am On Nov 05, 2012
plappville:

True talk. Civilization has alot to do with this change angry

@op, The bible plainly told that "whatever we ask in the name of Christ Shall be given to us, i think asking God to protect ur future wife/husband is not offensive to the scripture. Although, i married when i was still in the
world, but it is really advisable for a Christian to seek God for everything. It work best when God decide or show you
ur partiner.

The person you married when you are in the world did you divorce him/her now that you have found Christ?
Re: Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? by dagr8(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
elikiba:

The person you married when you are in the world did you divorce him/her now that you have found Christ?
No she doesnt need to divorce (I cor 7:13)

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? by baldman: 1:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
fem30: I have been praying for a long time (10yrs)for God to show me my wife but i haven't seen her although i had a dream in which i saw a lady that was said to be my wife. She contrasted most things i want in my wife so even in the dream, i complained. ( Please, dis is no joke).

Anyway,what puzzles me is the fact that i hear people testify that God showed them their spouses. So i wonder, do they have 2 heads?

Well, i believe am getting to the point in which if i see anybody that has good morals, good christian values and very ready to settle down, i will marry her afterall, my genotype is AA so i can marry anybody.

Femi30: I think you need to be certain about what you want God to do for you, do you want him to give you a wife according to your heart desires or a wife that accords with His plan and purpose for your life? The dream is God's way of testing whether or not you are ready to accept His will for your life. God has our best interest in heart, but He does not always share our taste in women. He is probably more interested in the heart than the appearance whereas we are prone to being attracted first to the appearance and then later to the heart. Pray that God should give you the heart to accept His will. I am at that point where I am asking for God's grace to accept His will, because it is a sheer waste of time praying that God should reveal His will when we practically don't have a heart that can comprehend and accept His will. God will help us both, at the end of the day, we shall get the best according to His perfect plan and purpose in Jesus name ( Amen)

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
baldman:

Femi30: I think you need to be certain about what you want God to do for you, do you want him to give you a wife according to your heart desires or a wife that accords with His plan and purpose for your life? The dream is God's way of testing whether or not you are ready to accept His will for your life. God has our best interest in heart, but He does not always share our taste in women. He is probably more interested in the heart than the appearance whereas we are prone to being attracted first to the appearance and then later to the heart. Pray that God should give you the heart to accept His will. I am at that point where I am asking for God's grace to accept His will, because it is a sheer waste of time praying that God should reveal His will when we practically don't have a heart that can comprehend and accept His will. God will help us both, at the end of the day, we shall get the best according to His perfect plan and purpose in Jesus name ( Amen)
Amen! Thanks bro.and God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? / Thank God For One Thing In Your Life / What's Your Favourite Christian Music?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.