Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

"Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? (5796 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions / Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by kaytytty: 3:34am On Nov 04, 2012
You go to a Police station and you see the inscription "Police is your friend and bail is free" on the wall and this visibly displayed for people to see.

This is virtually in all police stations in the country and it's also being reiterated by top police officers from ASP's, Commissioners, AIG's, DIG's etc but how true is this in practice?

If you agree Police is you friend and bail is free, say Aye. . .if you don't say Naay grin
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 04, 2012
Not the Nigerian police sha.
Those ones are not your friends and bail is not free with them.

4 Likes

Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Pysam(m): 8:52am On Nov 04, 2012
Nija police my friend? Nah!!!!!
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by austinsmat(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
That is a big lie
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Obinoscopy(m): 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
Nil
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by 50calibre(m): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
Nigeria doesnt have a police force

4 Likes

Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by member16: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
One thing I have learnt.
Do not try to show you have rights to nigerian security officials, if they stop you and want their #20, give it to them. Everybody is happy.

1 Like

Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
@OP;
Until you enter police wahala you can't be so sure if they are your friends or enemies and if bails is equally free too. gringringrin
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Areaboy2(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
the IG can say what ever he wants.. DPO is boss in every police station. So, police isn't really your friend cos these guys aren't smiling smiley

1 Like

Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by eduson55(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
[size=18pt]Na wa oo,which kin joke be this one?[/size] lipsrsealed
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Super1759: 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
police is not your friend and bail is not free.
Even the paper,pen for statement is not free
Ask any sincere policeman
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by olatunde1234: 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
Not true as of naija police
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Lamasta(m): 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lmao this is joke of the century

grin grin grin
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by CrazyMan(m): 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
But they're your friends na...after all its only N20 they requested for...I believe you're worth much more than N20 so why not give it to them.

Must you complain because of N20...smh Nigerians are stingy. grin
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Siga: 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......if police is my friend, then BOKO HARAM Members are faithful Christians....

2 Likes

Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Leemak: 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
HYPOCRITES.........police and judiciary systems in dis country are nothing but corrupt systems.
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by bola4dprec(m): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
Aye, police corruption is emanated from judicial system adopted in Nigeria, if you are been trap down to any court either on F.I.R or Direct complain you will realise that bail is not free even in court of law. And again if you have been beaten by soldier you will realise that police is your friend
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Ekans: 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
Try giving a policeman #20 and see if you wont spend a night in their roach infested cell.Nigerian police my friend?,may be in another life.
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by hoodboy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
Dem say if soldier slap you, you go know say police na your friend. As per bail, na where man dey work na dia he take dey chop
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by bola4dprec(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
Leemak: HYPOCRITES.........police and judiciary systems in dis country are nothing but corrupt systems.
you spoke my mind guy, even some court official usually pay police station courtesy visit for 50:50 arrangement especially traffic offences which attract option of fine speaking from reality and experience
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
The police is only your friend when you have money. Any other situation, they are your worst nightmares.
For me, police is my friend at all times. cheesy
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by sayitout1: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
Please put me through. Do you mean the Nigerian Police?
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
Bails actually are not free though it's meant to be returned after the suspect fulfills the bail conditions. As for being my friend, i don't really know about that.
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Iaz93: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
50calibre: Nigeria doesnt have a police force
Finish...shikena...GBAM.
THREAD CLOSED
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan: But they're your friends na...after all its only N20 they requested for...I believe you're worth much more than N20 so why not give it to them.

Must you complain because of N20...smh Nigerians are stingy. grin
who told you police still ask for N20, give them below N100 if them no go break your head.
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by sunboy(m): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2012
Police is ur enemy, run if you see them in the dark. Bail is free but roger is a must.
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by yah1(m): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lol
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
Yes, Police is your friend, except you are a criminal fellow and Yes, bail is free when you have your lawyer by your side at the Police Station.
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Smartjeezy(m): 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
For where?nigeria police i.di.ot.bail is free my foot..Next topic plz
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Serendipity: 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
Basically this is at best utopian and academic as it has only little practicality. At any rate, people are still being bailed for free. It's just that most people that are aware that there is a circumstantial evidence against against them, once they hear there is a possibility of their case being taken to court tend to settle it immediately because they don't want to risk being kept behind bars. Whereas some that didn't commit any crime still part with princely sum of money when our corrupt police start giving them barrage of threats. The fears of the former is justified while that of the later is not.
Erroneously too, some see going to court as going to jail. It is abysmal that the citizenry lack sensitization in that regard. This is coupled with the fact that many people do not have time to enforce their rights and the police tend to frustrate the efforts of those that try same.
But I tell you that if you know your onions you can get bail free; even if the police talk gibberish, you can easily through your lawyer. apply for bail at the nearest magistrate or high court
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by sunboy(m): 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, Police is your friend, except you are a criminal fellow and Yes, bail is free when you have your lawyer by your side at the Police Station.

Yes to all you said because you live in VGC :d
Come to the getto side in lagos to claim your right with the police.
Re: "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? by Daewoods(m): 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2012
Nigerian Police abi Nigerien Police. Nigeria KO ,Nigeria Ni.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Teenage Chinese Prostitutes Arrested In Lagos (2012) / States Meet To Consider Fresh Revenues Sources / The Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is A Useless Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.