Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:34 PM

Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack (1545 Views)

Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? / Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by newmi(m): 6:49am On Nov 04, 2012
Almost 65 percent of discuss initiated on the religion section of nairaland seem to be directed at discrediting Christianity and the Church so much that if we are not carefull the result would be a future where our children and children's children would suddenly wake up to reality of a Godless society where people have no regard or recognition for the one and only true God a picture that many European nation and America presently to large degree epitomize.
How interesting that everyone today seem to be so skilled only in finding faults within the church and with pastors how is it that no one is saying anything about Islam or Imams even so called pretenders who call themselves christians most of whom are being used and influence by the spirit of the "anti-christ" which is the spirit of the end time ignorantly not understaonding the times and the season.
This is a serious concern and must be attended to.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 04, 2012
newmi: Almost 65 percent of discuss initiated on the religion section of nairaland seem to be directed at discrediting Christianity and the Church so much that if we are not carefull the result would be a future where our children and children's children would suddenly wake up to reality of a Godless society where people have no regard or recognition for the one and only true God....
Lol, sorry I edited your post, couldn't go beyond this point...

Wouldn't it make sense if our children woke up to a godless society, especially speaking as a Nigerian..

Boko Haram wouldn't have any Allah to bomb for...
Christians would stop being bombed in church..
Our streets would be quiet on Sundays..
The politicians and religious leaders will no longer have 'God' to blame for their own mistakes...

NOTE: I'm not against religion. I believe people can be religious, and still have an ounce of commonsense.. but in Nigeria, over religiosity is killing us and will continue to kill us. Everybody dey wait for 'GOD turn' to bless them.. doesn't matter how they're blessed.. dem don hammer, if u no lyk am go hug transformer...

And I'm 100% sure newmi = Joagbaje...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by SamMilla1(m): 7:39am On Nov 04, 2012
When people lie that they heal the blind and dumb and cripple,
Only for you to find out that they cure nothing,

Why wont you attack them? Especially when you pay them for the services.
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by emmanuelogbe(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2012
The profane comments by the two persons above make me go bananas. We christians ain't consternate about the current trend in the churches today because, the contexts of the Holy Book(Bible) bespoke all that ve been happening. The bible says, "Only the fool says in his heart, there's no God". Irrespective of this, the skepticism of some people's impression about God's existence remains imperturbable. Believe it or not, God exist and forever ll be. Think wise and act wise so that, you don't regret on the last day.
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2012
emmanuelogbe: The profane comments by the two persons above make me go bananas. We christians ain't consternate about the current trend in the churches today because, the contexts of the Holy Book(Bible) bespoke all that ve been happening. The bible says, "Only the fool says in his heart, there's no God". Irrespective of this, the skepticism of some people's impression about God's existence remains imperturbable. Believe it or not, God exist and forever ll be. Think wise and act wise so that, you don't regret on the last day.
If there's eternity, there won't be any last day... simple..

The poster isn't referring to God here but religion. He/She's more bothered about the attacks on CHRISTIANTY not God..
and, it's funny that Christians would claim they're being attacked.. lol..
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2012
Sam Milla: When people lie that they heal the blind and dumb and cripple,
Only for you to find out that they cure nothing,

Why wont you attack them? Especially when you pay them for the services.

Maybe you didnt get ur healing cos u had no faith. People recieve healing on daily basis so say something else.
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by SamMilla1(m): 10:29am On Nov 04, 2012
teeo:

Maybe you didnt get ur healing cos u had no faith. People recieve healing on daily basis so say something else.

Keep quiet there.
I have faith in Medicine.
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2012
Sam Milla:

Keep quiet there.
I have faith in Medicine.

Its for your own good that i wont keep quiet Mr, medicine is good but healing through faith is better.
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 04, 2012
teeo:

Its for your own good that i wont keep quiet Mr, medicine is good but healing through faith is better.
What stupidity?
Who has been healed through faith?
Why hasn't faith healed cancer?
Why hasn't faith given amputees new legs? new arms?

What faith can do, science can do and replicate much better..
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Niflheim(m): 11:14am On Nov 04, 2012
giving people false hope is the reason why christianity will always be under attack!!!
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 04, 2012
There is no false hope in Jesus

http://www.tgm.org/HealedFromCancerPM.html

http://www.alighthouse.com/healingscriptures3.htm

Christianity with Christ is true cause he alone came to take away our infirmities and by His strips we were healed. He took so we cant have what has been taken
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
What stupidity?
Who has been healed through faith?
Why hasn't faith healed cancer?
Why hasn't faith given amputees new legs? new arms?

What faith can do, science can do and replicate much better..

His ways are not your ways, science greatest theory is that of evolution but have they been able to completely prove that we actually came from the big bang. I doubt that. There is a God above and i believe he reigns, you anger is that his laws are there, but i guess u prefer to be a slave to the devil and believe a mans theory
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 04, 2012
teeo: There is no false hope in Jesus

Christianity with Christ is true cause he alone came to take away our infirmities and by His strips we were healed. He took so we cant have what has been taken
There's false hope in Christ..
Mark 11:23-24 ESV

Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Hsven't seen any mountains move,dude..
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
There's false hope in Christ..

Hsven't seen any mountains move,dude..

Oooo dude, i laugh at ur ignorance. Maybe this would explain the Rhema behind the Logos u just quoted.

" The Mountain represents Jesus the Christ, and His kingdom, not your problem " For too long now we have been looking at problems that are bigger than us as mountains, and
they appear as mountains if you focus on them. When you focus on the problem God looks small, when you focus on God the problem looks small. The truth is your problem is a speck of dust, and maybe even an illusion, but Jesus and His Kingdom are the Mountain. God takes us into the "Faith Zone"
by allowing us to face situations that are bigger than us so that we can see demonstrations of His love, by His power. An important lesson about faith is given to us by Jesus in (Matthew 17:14-21 NKJV) And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, "Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. "So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him." Then Jesus answered and said, "O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me." And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour. Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?" So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. "However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting." A mustard seed was one of the smallest known
examples that Jesus could use as an illustration
during that time. Jesus was not teaching that they
needed more faith, but rather where to place their
faith. The disciples had some faith or they would
not have tried to cast the demon out in the first place. But their faith was in themselves, they asked,
"Why could we not cast it out?” They failed to
recognize that even with the authority that Jesus
had given them to cast out demons, that it was
actually Jesus doing the work. Supernatural events
are accomplished by His power not our own. "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. (John
14:14) Jesus told them, “However, this kind does
not go out except by prayer and fasting”. So what
is important is what moves God to intervene in a
situation. Since faith as small as a mustard seed will move a
mountain and nothing will be impossible, just a little
faith focused in the right direction will cause God to move in a situation. Their focus was on themselves and the same was true with the father of the boy who came to the disciples first. But when the boy's father came to Jesus and asked for His mercy and compassion, Jesus was moved, which caused the demon to move out. The story is also recorded in (Mark 9:22-24 NKJV) "And
often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us." {23} Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." {24} Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" Even a little faith in God's compassion, mercy, and grace will move Jesus and the whole Kingdom of heaven to intervene in the situation. True faith is directly related to knowing God, His will, and His love. This faith in God's compassion and mercy, His grace, moves the Mountain, which is Christ and His Kingdom. Which is greater, to be able to say to Mount Everest move from here to there and have it obey you; or to be able to move the Creator of the universe to intervene in a situation through prayer, and faith in His compassion, mercy, and grace? The resources of the Kingdom of heaven are listed in Hebrews chapter 12. Mount Zion is used to symbolize the Kingdom.

www.seekgod.org/message/mountainfaith.html
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Horus(m): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by SirJohn(m): 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
newmi: Almost 65 percent of discuss initiated on the religion section of nairaland seem to be directed at discrediting Christianity and the Church so much that if we are not carefull the result would be a future where our children and children's children would suddenly wake up to reality of a Godless society where people have no regard or recognition for the one and only true God a picture that many European nation and America presently to large degree epitomize.
How interesting that everyone today seem to be so skilled only in finding faults within the church and with pastors how is it that no one is saying anything about Islam or Imams even so called pretenders who call themselves christians most of whom are being used and influence by the spirit of the "anti-christ" which is the spirit of the end time ignorantly not understaonding the times and the season.

@OP, I'm sure those who know you well on NL will just ignore this thread, knowing full well that you and other folks of your 'kind' are the reason for the constant bashing of Christianity on this forum.

***hisses and then moves on to another thread ***
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Joagbaje(m): 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
teeo: There is no false hope in Jesus

Great truth , no false hope at all.
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Joagbaje(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
newmi: Almost 65 percent of discuss initiated on the religion section of nairaland seem to be directed at discrediting Christianity and the Church so much that if we are not carefull the result would be a future where our children and children's children would suddenly wake up to reality of a Godless society where people have no regard or recognition for the one and only true God a picture that many European nation and America presently to large degree epitomize.

It's not new. Satan has been in this business from Jesus days. Demons will use any person available to attack truth. And the church of christ which is the ground and pillar of truth.

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

It's not new. Satan has been in this business from Jesus days. Demons will use any person available to attack truth. And the church of christ which is the ground and pillar of truth.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Sharaap there!

Tithe preaching fraud. Satan is not attacking you. It is concerned people who are attacking you and your cabal of tithe frauds.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by yah1(m): 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
This poster is a disgrace to christianity.
***Leaves the thread with great annoyance***
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

Of course, here to support his user id.... when will mabell join in?
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by SamMilla1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

Why is Jesus, upon all his power to walk on Water, stay hungry for 40 days, raise the dead etc, not able to defeat satan once and for all?

Why allow satan to disturb the people he died for?
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Zikkyy(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
And I'm 100% sure newmi = Joagbaje...

I don't think so. Writing style & reasoning quite different. Jo is not that good.
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Joagbaje(m): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
Zikkyy:

I don't think so. Writing style & reasoning quite different. Jo is not that good.

O serious ni! lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by yah1(m): 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
Now this is what i call an alter-ego
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
[size=32pt]ABRAHAMIC RELIGIONS MUST BE BANNED! LET US NOT BLAME RELIGIOUS CONCEPT FOR THE MISTAKES OF SOME![/size]

do you think Pagans, African Religions, buddhists etc go around bombing, brainwashing, preaching and converting people angry
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by emmanuelogbe(m): 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
What the hell's wrong with those of you trying to tarnish the reputations of christian religion? We don't force people to be converted rather, we love,care and show them that, there's someone who loves them more than anyone else. We can not compromise our faith in Jesus Christ on basis of preponderous empty critics because we are life witnesses of the love and power of Jesus Christ, seeing it all also, the veracity of His supremacy is indubitable. The Holy book has said it all, eyes they have but can't see, and ears they've got but can't hear. You've still got the time to accept him as your Lord and Saviour b4 it becomes too late or else, the day of his second coming, you'll have yourself to blame.
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
emmanuelogbe: What the hell's wrong with those of you trying to tarnish the reputations of christian religion? We don't force people to be converted rather, we love,care and show them that, there's someone who loves them more than anyone else. We can not compromise our faith in Jesus Christ on basis of preponderous empty critics because we are life witnesses of the love and power of Jesus Christ, seeing it all also, the veracity of His supremacy is indubitable. The Holy book has said it all, eyes they have but can't see, and ears they've got but can't hear. You've still got the time to accept him as your Lord and Saviour b4 it becomes too late or else, the day of his second coming, you'll have yourself to blame.

lol....love your neighbour unless he is gay, atheist or pagan.

Christians got no love for unbelievers grin
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by emmanuelogbe(m): 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol....love your neighbour unless he is gay, atheist or pagan.

Christians got no love for unbelievers grin
What made you think they've got no love for unbelievers? Are you a gay that they haven't shown love to before? Just asking pls.
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2012
emmanuelogbe:
What made you think they've got no love for unbelievers? Are you a gay that they haven't shown love to before? Just asking pls.

lol...typical christian......you didnt ask it If was an atheist or a pagan. You chose to ask if I was gay to be cheeky.

I am not gay.
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
Because we have failed to clean up the house of the Lord from dirt, money lenders, changers, buyers and sellers and scam in the house of the Lord as Jesus did at the temple.
We have stood and watched as they turned the house of the Lord to a market place and built it on lies
Re: Why Is Christianity And The Church Attracting So Much Attack by Niflheim(m): 8:29pm On Nov 04, 2012
@op,did we discredit christianity or did christianity discredit itself?am i the one who burnt innocent house girls in akwa ibom state?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Sleep With Another Man's Wife!!! / Can We Trust The New Testament As A Historical Document? / These Youths Slept; Only To Wake Up 180 Years Later.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.