Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees (15845 Views)

Soldiers Ambush Boko Haram Suicide Bomber, Kill More Terrorists In Borno. Photos / Soldiers Kill More Boko Haram Militants,Recover Weapons In Borno. Graphic Photos / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Federal Government-boko Haram Ceasefire Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Successfigure: 10:36am On Nov 04, 2012
Islamic is nothing to write home about. Christians be prepare end time is at hand.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by gruppom: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2012
excondido:

seriously i cant understand ur stand point from ur post. ur notion to the cause of this wanton and inhuman treatment dole out to other ethnic groups especially igbos is perturbing. to think a seemingly enlightened person like u hatches this level of hate smacks deep resentment.

Besides all the aboki in calabar have lived in their suya colonies and increasing as time goes by. Who doesn't have aboki colony in their state in 9ja. Have we disembodied their women. Or seen aboki man tieing calabar wrapper on their waist. Why must the ibo man change for them. Abeg they are just hateful

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by GotNoBrainsYo: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2012
redsun: I think it is time the igbos start thinking "homeward",but not before due compasations for their investments in other regions.

Anything other than amicable settlement for their investments in regions that use to be their country is act of provocation and war.

The we can actually seperate the chaff from the harvest.

Honestly... Igbo have to start seriously incorporating their businesses in Foreign countries.
That way there is no loss of asset. If anybody tries anything to corporate asset, then they, even governmets can be sued in international courts and assets seized.
Unfortunately, I dont think the petty trader, or widow who is running a cafeteria will be able to use this tactic.
They still think this is 1966.
Any asset when i get for naija will be held under a foreign flag. I rather pay taxes there than deal with dimwits.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Guguru102(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2012
Why is it that we always kill ourself in this part of the world,if we can't live together,then let everyone return to their village.If there is life,there is still hope,enough of this babaric act.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Ikwerefistson: 10:41am On Nov 04, 2012
alj harem: What are the IG, commissioners, President, gov etc doing about this security issue ? angry angry angry

The problem is that when an Igbo person gets to a place buys a land, he/she considers it as her own land but in reality it is a lease land. This is what makes people angry at Igbos. When you live in a place for 20 years and don't think it is necessary to become a full indigene without bring the Igbo culture to the new land, then you are seen as an invading alien rather than a settler in Nigeria context.

my broda pls dnt be economical wit d truth.nija hates ibos nd am stl wandring y we stl dnt wnt dm 2go
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Lordave: 10:41am On Nov 04, 2012
berem: and who told you our region is underdeveloped? Who told you that we abandoned our region? Is it a crime to invest or to build houses in another man's land?
it's not a crime atall. But pls where in south east can u compare with Lagos,PH, how many Yorubas have a large investment in the east, how many Hausas have a building in Igboland, how many Nigerians have relocated to the east in search of greener pasture, can u compare the number of Igbos outside Igboland with that of other Nigerians in the east? Your region needs proper check up and massive development.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Ikwerefistson: 10:43am On Nov 04, 2012
berem: how do you mean bros? How is it a leased land? A land you bought with your money now becomes a leased land? Abeg make you explain.
pls ask hm 4me
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Ikwerefistson: 10:45am On Nov 04, 2012
alj harem:

My point is that

1. We do not have a government or any form of security in this nation to protect the lifes of her citizens

2. Important* Looking to why Igbos make themselves the annoying people of a region. This reason lies in the fact that when an Igbo man buys a landed property, he sees it as his own castle and every thing money can solve. In reality the indigenes of the region see it as a leased property to be returned to them in future years. This was the problem South-southerners have with Igbos.

My suggestion is for an smart Igbo man to go back to the east, invest there and live there with his family with occasions when he stays in Abuja and or buys properties in Lagos if he so wishes. Lagos and Abuja are the only places in Nigeria outside your region, you can be grantee your landed property would NEVER be a taken from you by miscreates

oky nw i undastnd u.u made sm sense u knw
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 10:45am On Nov 04, 2012
redsun:

Look at this primitive man.Are you talking of somebody that is supposedly living in his/her own country or some nigereans that have waywardly found their ways to nigeria and make it their own,like you?

SMH, Am I the one getting killed ? NO CAPITAL N......O NO

If you are da.ft enough to keep going to Boko haram zones even after all the warnings then good luck. Wetin consign Nigerians with una problem

you would not see any South-southerner, rich hausa, yoruba or middle belters in boko haram zones.

Keep arguing with logic even after giving you instances in other countries.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 04, 2012
Lordave: If the Igbos are wise as they claim to be, they are not supposed to be told that this is the oppprtunity for them to return and develop their region.

All their entreprenurial bullsh'i't is just a facade aimed at nothing but to deceive other ethnic group.talk of grand delusion by our ibo brothers who would rather develop a danger zone like Adamawa and borno instead of Onitsha and Aba that has turned into a shithole.who would know them if they are restricted to iboland ?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by vexing(m): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2012
Franchinzy, i knw u are entitle to ur opnion but from ur statement i consider u to be o FOOL and a big one at dat.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2012
By Mrs Aniekwe [size=14pt]"And you people have started again to ask if we are willing to go back there, anybody that wants to go is free to do so, but I will not cry for any Igbo killed in the North.”[/size]

Madam hope they listen to you and stop arguing stu.pidly.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Iaz93: 10:53am On Nov 04, 2012
GotNoBrainsYo: E be like say.. e get some questions when we nefer settle for this country.
And e be like say e go lead to another waR. This new war go confirm to the rest of the modern world say africa na real bush.
I can only imagine the atrocities. Choppping of limbs, cutting tongues, disemboweling pregnant women, rape, torture, starvation/scorched earth.
This would be worse than Rwanda and Sierra Lone and Liberia combined. In fact na African World war 1. Our civilization just dey start.
The black man will eradicate the black man from the earth.
Na real wa!

truly, you gat no brains...
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by umar2: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2012
people just cook up stories, make up fame from rubbish , where are Ur practical proof to backup your claims? , i don't blame you , people like you don't any practical experience of the north . practical risk home work , take a leave to any part of the north spend a few time with them,and you would find real experience of the north, and reason why reasonable igbos would not leave north for anything ....people talk about the north as if is a jungle matching ground for wild animals ...................if you are been paid to assassinate characters get a better jobs

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by blaqoracle: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2012
berem: how do you mean bros? How is it a leased land? A land you bought with your money now becomes a leased land? Abeg make you explain.
you don't own land, you only own the structure.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by curtain: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2012
Gej administration is realy an eye opener,it has exposed the demons that were operating underground since nigerias independence. the truth wud always remain bitter, successive govt of nig had tried 2 shade these truths becos of their selfish gains, now we knw who the northerners are.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by capricon: 10:56am On Nov 04, 2012
idowuswap: Igbos na goat b4 hausa see how then slaughter them like chinken.and then say na then be brave men.common hausa wey no get sense.kill them like flies .kudos 2 yorubasss

You are less than an slowpoke.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Paentera(m): 10:57am On Nov 04, 2012
hardbody:

With your mentality, Nigeria is doomed. So after building my house in Lag and developing businesses that financially empower Lagosians, it is still a leased property? I knew u were dull, but I underestimated the depression you were operating from

I wished you listened to the message and not thrash the messenger. What he tells you is the plain truth. When you get a C of O, the land is leased to you for 99 years (at least this I know for certain in Lagos State). At the expiration of that period, the land reverts back to the government or the omoniles. Please find out this information for your own personal use and information.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by GotNoBrainsYo: 10:58am On Nov 04, 2012
umar2: people just cook up stories, make up fame from rubbish , where are Ur practical proof to backup your claims? , i don't blame you , people like you don't any practical experience of the north . practical risk home work , take a leave to any part of the north spend a few time with them,and you would find real experience of the north, and reason why reasonable igbos would not leave north for anything ....people talk about the north as if is a jungle matching ground for wild animals ...................if you are been paid to assassinate characters get a better jobs

So all the horror stories we read in the paper are "cook-up" stories? My practical proof is to read the news!. Abi how do i know what's going on in Afghanistan. I READ THE NEWS!
Dont come on here and tell that the North is Shangri-La.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2012
blaqoracle: [size=18pt]you don't own land, you only own the structure.[/size]

Gbammmmm that is the point I am trying to pass across.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by GotNoBrainsYo: 11:00am On Nov 04, 2012
Even say na lease for 99years nko.
Naija sef never reach 99yrs, so why bother people wey buy lease before the lease is up?
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Singalex(m): 11:01am On Nov 04, 2012
alj harem:

You see your idealogy ? Ok for example, if I go to the USA and buy a landed property. Would I say if the people of the USA are killing Nigerians that they cannot trespass my property because I bought it with MY OWN MONEY ? Or do I consider my property/house as my safe haven ? CERTAINLY NOT !

It is the same that is occurring in Nigeria. An Ikwerre (Indigene) would sell land to you in port harcourt at a very high price, then other indigenes do not like the idea of you having their ancestral land. You as a person are not ready to sell it for a low price or give it up. Animosity starts in the heart of the indigenes. It gets to a breaking point the indigenes plan on how to get their land back.

It occurs everywhere in the world.

evidence

Jews and Nazi

Isreal and Gaza

White farmers and Zimbabweans

etc

Alj harem or wateva U̶̲̥̅̊ call ursef all ua post re saying rubbish...U̶̲̥̅̊ culd ve ended up in nigeria beefing up dia security nd not saying further.pls go nd read ur books cos i tink U̶̲̥̅̊ nid dem more.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by kennysbst(m): 11:04am On Nov 04, 2012
Lordave: it's not a crime atall. But pls where in south east can u compare with Lagos,PH, how many Yorubas have a large investment in the east, how many Hausas have a building in Igboland, how many Nigerians have relocated to the east in search of greener pasture, can u compare the number of Igbos outside Igboland with that of other Nigerians in the east? Your region needs proper check up and massive development.
u av definitely nailed it but they will never learn the truth rather dan shouting yoruba's dat av show luv 2 dem all dis years,now hate dem.how many tym av yoruba pple kill dem like d northerner?
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by blaqoracle: 11:05am On Nov 04, 2012
umar2: people just cook up stories, make up fame from rubbish , where are Ur practical proof to backup your claims? , i don't blame you , people like you don't any practical experience of the north . practical risk home work , take a leave to any part of the north spend a few time with them,and you would find real experience of the north, and reason why reasonable igbos would not leave north for anything ....people talk about the north as if is a jungle matching ground for wild animals ...................if you are been paid to assassinate characters get a better jobs
don't mind these descendants of slave, they always refer to the north as if the north is a small country. Yet, what they don't know is that kogi state is bigger than all the five eastern state.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by iconaus: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2012
According to Igbo tradition , before you bulid a house in any place or any town be it Bauchi, kano or Onitsha , you MUST first build a good house / mansion in your village thats why in igboland it appears that there is no more villages or bush . So who ever is sayin that east is not developed got it wrong ; that persom has not been in the east . Aku ruo uno meaning wealth gets home first . Whenever ever you buy a land it becomes urs any where in the world . Re we not one Nigeria ? Dancote, Adenuga and others have property all over nigeria , does it mean that they are leased ? What is the essence of one Nigeria? Hausas and yorubas are shouting one nigeria but in principles they are not living that one nigeria instead it is the igbos that actually live one Nigeria. That depicts that Hausas and yorubas are shouting one nigeria because they gain from Nigeria( reaping where they did not sow) but inwardly or inherently they dont beleive in one Nigeria hence why can we divide the country peacefully .

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by ameer2: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2012
grin grin Barcelona 4u
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 04, 2012
alj harem: What are the IG, commissioners, President, gov etc doing about this security issue ? angry angry angry

The problem is that when an Igbo person gets to a place buys a land, he/she considers it as her own land but in reality it is a lease land. This is what makes people angry at Igbos. When you live in a place for 20 years and don't think it is necessary to become a full indigene without bring the Igbo culture to the new land, then you are seen as an invading alien rather than a settler in Nigeria context.

This guy is senseless
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by GotNoBrainsYo: 11:09am On Nov 04, 2012
blaqoracle: don't mind these descendants of slave, they always refer to the north as if the north is a small country. Yet, what they don't know is that kogi state is bigger than all the five eastern state.
your contribution is irrelevant to the discussion
The matter at hand is why Human life is treated so callously in the North.
The size of Kogi State, The Entire north and the Sout east is not at all relevant.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 04, 2012
icon aus: According to Igbo tradition , before you bulid a house in any place or any town be it Bauchi, kano or Onitsha , you MUST first build a good house / mansion in your village thats why in igboland it appears that there is no more villages or bush . So who ever is sayin that east is not developed got it wrong ; that persom has not been in the east . Aku ruo uno meaning wealth gets home first . Whenever ever you buy a land it becomes urs any where in the world . Re we not one Nigeria ? Dancote, Adenuga and others have property all over nigeria , does it mean that they are leased ? What is the essence of one Nigeria? Hausas and yorubas are shouting one nigeria but in principles they are not living that one nigeria instead it is the igbos that actually live one Nigeria. That depicts that Hausas and yorubas are shouting one nigeria because they gain from Nigeria( reaping where they did not sow) but inwardly or inherently they dont beleive in one Nigeria hence why can we divide the country peacefully .

Well said, campaigners of one nigeria aint even they ones praticing it. #loudmouthedfools. *smh*
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by blaqoracle: 11:11am On Nov 04, 2012
Ikwere fist son: my broda pls dnt be economical wit d truth.nija hates ibos nd am stl wandring y we stl dnt wnt dm 2go
and igbos don't like nigeria

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Lordave: 11:13am On Nov 04, 2012
blaqoracle: don't mind these descendants of slave, they always refer to the north as if the north is a small country. Yet, what they don't know is that kogi state is bigger than all the five eastern state.
Does that make Kogi state better than any south eastern state?
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by GotNoBrainsYo: 11:13am On Nov 04, 2012
I wash hand comot.

This is a waste of space and time.
I will desist from identifying myself as a Nigerian.
Nigeria is a failed experiment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Approves N165bn For Construction Of Section 5 Of East-west Road - / Fashola’s N78m Website, Twitter Account Hacked - Vanguard / Ojogbane Adegbe Explains His Role In N10b Gift For PDP Chiefs- The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.