Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian (15371 Views)

This Will Crack You Up - Telephone Conversation Between Warri Mum And Her Child / Telephone Conversation Btw Ladies / Obj's Telephone Conversation With Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by chemashie(m): 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
Daewoods: Number 11 to comment, Glory be to God.
Pray i do better next time.
Though I clicked like for your post but i must confess, your head no correct at all..........
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by kennyeast(m): 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
greaterlove:
you are right, the response to the disaster is record breaking, called a friend in Jersey yesterday and she said things are almost back to normal apart from some towns very close to the sea that was hit very hard in newjersey. its not just the response from government but that of the redcross and the people of america, people are contributing to the redcross and helping one another to get through it all. my prayer for nigeria is that one day reaching out to help our brothers in need will become a norm.
If na my country Nigeria, our leaders go see am as opportunity to loot, in the name of relief materials.
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by LagosBoi2(m): 8:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
engineerd:

very well said!!!! unfortunately, Nigerians are animals!!!

You are a the animal..Nigerians at not animals, we are unique peeps. We have crazy humans everywhere in the world. This problem is not unique to Naija.
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by mygirrl: 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2012
I really don't understand the joke. what's so funny? I pray we never experience a hurricane in Nigeria, without light plus the extreme weather condition those people were exposed to. The problem with us Nigerians is that we think we have seen a lot when compared to other countries because our country is bad. please let us continue to thank God that we have not experienced a hurricane or even a tornado in our country cos if what happened in america should come near Nigeria we all know it will be bloody.

1 Like

Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by ghettodreamz(m): 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
kennyeast:
If na my country Nigeria, our leaders go see am as opportunity to loot, in the name of relief materials.

Nice,I couldn't have said it better.
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by ghettodreamz(m): 8:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
caspapa:

With all due respect, i will love it if you can recall your statement, remember your friends, your brothers and sisters are all Nigerians, not to talk about people that God used to bring you to the world. I hope you get my points now.

Pls, yarn him wella. undecided
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by informat101(f): 9:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by mejai(m): 9:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
@ OP, u too much! More alomo to u.
To those who don't find dis joke funny, go hug a movin train. Bad belle tongue
As if una beta pass our corrupt politicians. Abeg sama OP wit one bottle of turbo king.
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by steffans(m): 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
floriana: VDJ very dry joke. For the first time, I wonder why this made front page.

u must be a saddist!!! grin
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by paulworld(m): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
nice one just laughing at his last reply
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
Truckpusher: Each one of us can make changes no matter how little ,but majority of Nigerian youths prefer to jeer,mock and ridicule their father land forgetting that wherever they are today was built by youths and generations like them....we can keep blaming the government, but we can't lie to our future generation about the shameless roles we played.

It's unfortunate. I hope you saw this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1087278/what-doing-improve-nigeria
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2012
pretty_boi: We keep wondering & keep admiring how these people are so efficient in performing their duties & how organized their country/countries are,well it isn't magic. Nigeria can even be better but it starts with you & me doing every one of our jobs passionately & putting country first. If you're a policeman,a cleaner,a dog breeder,a politician,an architect,a driver,a fireman,a scientist,a maid,a doctor a nurse,a soldier,a musician or anything you are,do your work passionately & strive to stand out & it would go round & everyone would be happy at Nigeria's efficiency rate & development. But for now what do we have? A doctor who doesn't do his/her job passionately expecting a president who would be passionate & turn the country around, a driver who doesn't obey traffic laws hoping to get the best health services from that doctor when he himself doesn't do his own work well,a footballer who doesn't put in his best to play for his country would still expect a fireman to do his job selflessly & douse the fire that's burning his home,A Pastor/Imam who preaches that people of a faith different from his are "unbelievers" & "infidels" & that "faithful people" should not associate with such people would still be expecting a peaceful country. Nigeria is all we (it's people) have made it so if Nigeria is a failure,it's because that's what we have chosen to be & if we desire to see a better Nigeria the key/power's also in our hands.

You always know what to say. I loved your post in my "What are you doing to improve Nigeria?" thread. You would make a great motivational speaker, truly.
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by megareal: 9:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
Thanks Op, e tey wey I laugh like dis.

1 Like

Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
Using tragedy in making dumbass joke is far from being funny.
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Chitika: 10:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lol, this is funny mate
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Lucasbalo(m): 12:31am On Nov 05, 2012
I will admit that is very funny. Keep it up . We all need something to cheer us up.
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by wanted(m): 12:48am On Nov 05, 2012
ihebrooke: Frankly, I don't see any joke in the conversation.

Are we indirectly rejoicing over other's plight, turning their misfortunes into a joke?

Its actually the situation on ground, evrytin was factual d conversation was creative which made it funny. LOOK BUSH GUY!
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Nobody: 2:18am On Nov 05, 2012
dani1luv: Here's a telephone conversation between a man in Hurricane ravaged New York and his friend in Lagos:

Lagos: I hope u guys are safe?

NY: Man all hell is breaking loose out here! Lagos: What's going on?

NY: There is flooding everywhere

Lagos: Big deal we're used to that!

NY: People are dying man!

Lagos: We're used to that too!

NY: Look man the power's out we're in darkness!

Lagos: Welcome to our world!

NY: People can't get around no public transport

Lagos: We just banned Okada too

NY: The phone lines are out too, I'm having to use my mobile

Lagos: Me too!

NY: The police and Emergency services are overwhelmed we don't feel safe from criminals taking advantage of the situation!

Lagos: Neither do we!

NY: Hey man did Hurricane Sandy hit u guys too

Lagos: Since Independence oh grin grin

Hahahahahaha Lmfaoo!!! Very Rarely do i use the Like button...but you are getting #103 for that one.
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Nobody: 4:03am On Nov 05, 2012
Here's a telephone conversation between a man in Hurricane ravaged New York and his friend in Lagos:
Lagos: I hope u guys are safe?NY: Man all hell is breaking loose out here! Lagos: What's going on?NY:There is flooding everywhere..Lagos:no big deal we're used to that..NY: People are dying man!..Lagos: We're used to that too..NY: Look man the power's out we're in darkness..Lagos: Welcome to our world..NY: People can't get around no public transport..Lagos:We just banned Okada too..NY:The phone lines are out too, I'm having to use my mobile..Lagos: Me too..NY:The police and Emergency services are overwhelmed we don't feel safe from criminals taking advantage of the situation..Lagos: Neither do we..NY: Hey man did Hurricane Sandy hit u guys tooLagos: Since Independence o
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Nobody: 4:08am On Nov 05, 2012
Teebest82: Here's a telephone conversation between a man in Hurricane ravaged New York and his friend in Lagos:
Lagos: I hope u guys are safe?NY: Man all hell is breaking loose out here! Lagos: What's going on?NY:There is flooding everywhere..Lagos:no big deal we're used to that..NY: People are dying man!..Lagos: We're used to that too..NY: Look man the power's out we're in darkness..Lagos: Welcome to our world..NY: People can't get around no public transport..Lagos:We just banned Okada too..NY:The phone lines are out too, I'm having to use my mobile..Lagos: Me too..NY:The police and Emergency services are overwhelmed we don't feel safe from criminals taking advantage of the situation..Lagos: Neither do we..NY: Hey man did Hurricane Sandy hit u guys tooLagos: Since Independence o
posting this on facebook right now
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by bashydemy(m): 4:16am On Nov 05, 2012
Nice one OP
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Ariyke: 6:55am On Nov 05, 2012
Funny
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 05, 2012
sayyid: cool

cool
i Just feel lyk smackin ur head. U dnt hv to quote all dat 4dis.
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by olaidey007: 8:02am On Nov 05, 2012
So funny oooo
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by chiefbatiatus(m): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2012
grin
floriana: VDJ very dry joke. For the first time, I wonder why this made front page.

Go and sit down, its about the best joke since independence
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Khayil(m): 9:14am On Nov 05, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] very funny
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by jkross(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2012
ogugua88: We laugh, but it's tragic. I was listening to a talk show on the radio yesterday, and a Houston woman was reminiscing about when Hurricane Ike hit Texas. "We had no electricity! We had to buy generators!" I couldn't even donate an ounce of empathy to her cause. She was even sounding spoiled to me, but that's reality. The ways of life in Nigeria and the US are so stark in comparison.

It's very sad that what's happening in New York has been the norm for Nigeria. What's even worse? Those people in New York are better off than Nigerians. President Obama already ordered 22 million gallons of fuel to be dispersed to them. The Red Cross, volunteers, policemen, firefighters, and other public officials have been working day and night to restore normalcy and provide aid. I can bet you that New York and New Jersey will be fixed before Nigeria can even find the correct path. I'd love to be wrong.

On point jare You are not wrong..many hurricanes have come and gone in the US but here hurricanes in human form lives among us..I tell people that Nigeria can not be better in my Generation rather my Generation will set the process of that real and honest change we so crave for in motion.. Still on still sha..GOD BLESS NAIJA

1 Like

Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by debomb: 10:57am On Nov 05, 2012
mygirrl: I really don't understand the joke. what's so funny? I pray we never experience a hurricane in Nigeria, without light plus the extreme weather condition those people were exposed to. The problem with us Nigerians is that we think we have seen a lot when compared to other countries because our country is bad. please let us continue to thank God that we have not experienced a hurricane or even a tornado in our country cos if what happened in america should come near Nigeria we all know it will be bloody.

# word.
It's easy for us to compare the consequences of bad government to the reality of a natural disaster; the closest we have ever experienced in Nigeria is flood, we are truly blessed we just have no idea. When natural disaster strikes, it doesn't matter whether you are rich, poor or even with any form of challenge. It wrecks lifes, rips families apart, wipes out a whole generation, leaves many in a traumatic state seeking therapy all of their life. Now, we might not have light for some days but we have a roof over our head, what we have built over the years is still to some extent safe with us, we have not lost everything like these people have. Something they never planned for, something they never saw coming, wake up one morning and everything is gone! Everything. Thank God Nigeria is strategically located where it is and we have no tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes and the likes. All we have is what WE CAN CONTROL and manage- Bad government. Someone said it starts from us being the best in whatever job we do. Let's all try and be honest with ourselves and wish the next person ONLY WHAT YOU WISH FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY!

If you have friends, families or know anyone in the US that needs help, here is how to contribute in your own little way. please share this info: http://myweddingnigeria.com/6850/help-people-of-hurricane-sandy/
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Rafaell(m): 11:31am On Nov 05, 2012
dabrake: I also experience hurricane wenger every week

grin grin grin

That means ur case is now worse than Naija's own... Lol!
Neverthless, just a rare opportunity to turn BLUEEE !!!
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by landinfo: 11:41am On Nov 05, 2012
engineerd:

very well said!!!! unfortunately, Nigerians are animals!!!
abeg which category/specie of animal u & ur generations (b4 & afta) belong to?
Stupiditi @ d highest level
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by johndavid1(m): 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Nairaland=info:

abeg which category/specie of animal u & ur generations (b4 & afta) belong to?
Stupiditi @ d highest level
ask d fowl again
Re: Telephone Conversation Between A Man In Hurricane Ravaged New York & A Lagosian by Syncapos(m): 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
This is hilarious!!!
I was affected by Sandy here in NJ and did not think anything could be funny about it.
Thanks guys!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interpret The Word "Abi"? / Quality Meme Thread. Laugh Your Sorrow Out. / How To Package Your Career.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.