Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe (5517 Views)

Gunmen Set INEC Office Ablaze In Benue / Gunmen Set 6-member Family Ablaze In Kaduna / Gunmen Set More Schools Ablaze In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Fatdon(m): 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
KANO (AFP) – Gunmen armed with explosives attacked a police station, a primary school and two cellphone towers in a town in Fika, Damaturu on Sunday, setting them ablaze, JTF and residents said.

“We heard that there were some attacks in Fika by suspected Boko Haram terrorists. They attacked two telecommunication masts, a police station and a primary school,” said Lazarus Eli, JTF spokesman in Yobe State.

A resident said he had seen the bodies of two policemen being brought out of the razed police station, but Eli said he could not immediately confirm any casualties.

Eli said troops had deployed to the town to contain the violence. Fika lies some 170 kilometres (110 miles) from Damaturu, the capital of Yobe State and a hotbed of Islamist extremist group Boko Haram.

Residents said the gunmen attacked their targets with explosives before dawn at around 4:30 am.

“They threw explosives and fired gunshots at their targets, setting them ablaze, and fled after the attack,” Tanimu Mani told AFP.

“Soldiers who arrived in the town went inside the burnt police station and brought out the bodies of two policemen killed in the attack,” he said.

Another resident, student Hassan Gaji, said he had heard blasts and gunshots during early morning prayers.

“They were shooting seriously for about one hour,” he said, adding that the town had been taken over by police and soldiers.

He said the attackers had entered Fika on the road leading from Potiskum to the north “and went straight to the police station, bombed it and proceeded to the primary school in the town”.

A police source said the attackers looted the armoury before setting the police station ablaze.

“They emptied the armoury during the attack and took away some 20 guns and some rounds of ammunition,” the officer, who did not want to be named, told AFP.

Witnesses said panicked residents were fleeing Fika for nearby Potiskum on Sunday following the attack.

“A lot of people are now leaving for Potiskum which has been relatively calm in recent weeks,” the witness said.

Some towns in Yobe state, including Damaturu, Potiskum and Fika have been hard hit by deadly attacks by Boko Haram in recent months, leaving hundreds of people dead and prompting a heavy army deployment.

Violence linked to the Boko Haram insurgency is believed to have left more than 2,800 people dead since 2009, including killings by the security forces.

Boko Haram has claimed to be seeking an Islamic state in Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation and largest oil producer, although its demands have repeatedly shifted.

The sect has targeted government and security figures, as well as Christians in churches and even mosques, prominent Muslim clerics and scholars in the country, which is divided between a mainly Muslim north and predominantly Christian south.
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/gunmen-burn-police-station-school-in-yobe/
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Booty4me: 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
No pishure Well First To Comment
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Kemy11(m): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
I pity our brothers in d north cuz in 10 yrs time the kind of abject poverty there will surpass any in sub saharan. War against education is a war against a nations success. Sir kemeh u re there
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Soundmind(m): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
Is this how the negotiation will take place?
Boko Haram, U cannot deceive us.
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Standing5(m): 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hmmm, PDP come 2015 i no wan see u for power. . . Too much colateral damage. . . We don taya for Una sef
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
I am very sure this is PDP led Boko Haram.No doubt about it!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by onuwaje(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
If U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Fø̲̣̣я̅ naija §ay̷̐ a prayer
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by adonisyung(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
Same old story! D best tin to happen to me ƻ wen I leav dis country!
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2012
It's amazing how monsters kill police officers with such ease. Too many fearless people in Nigeria.
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by k2039: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2012

Is their anyone still doubting if Nigeria is a failed state?.

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by beespak7(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
The situation will soon fizzle out --- Gej

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
angry angry angry
BH boys are back!!!!
RIP TO THE DEAD.
I wish that one day one of their suicide bombers will mistakenly do a test run within one of their facilities. That will be a great day for me.
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by boladez(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
beespak7: The situation will soon fizzle out --- Gej

....The president is deeply disturbed with this bombing , he has condemned the bombing in its strongest terms, he has reiterated the determination and commitment of his government to eradicate boko haram before christmas........and gone back to his deep sleep and will wake up to continue with his transformation from shoeless to shoed at midnight.....Big Dr D Okupepe

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by StarFist(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
Well done again boys! Our government never listen and I m tired of hearing same stories! Next Topic plz
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
I thought Buhari is negotiating on their behalf. Buhari please call your boys to order.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by chemvic: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
How long will dis insurgency continue.....? When will dis blood shed cease....? Yet d policies of our governments are not in any way helping matters.......innocent youths are recently sent down to such volatile points as yobe, borno amidst others in d name of NYSC.......Oooooo GOD unto U do we have our refuge oooooooo! My heartfelt feelings goes to d families of d deceased.....May all NYSC newly deployed corps members deployed to these war zone remain safe....May God create an openning for their re-deployment back to safe zones ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by ubong560(m): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
Who are these Boko Haram sef?
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Smartjeezy(m): 5:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
ubong560: Who are these Boko Haram sef?
Ask google or wikipedia...smh

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by denzel2009: 7:03pm On Nov 04, 2012
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by stacomaster(m): 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
And una wan Dialogue Thunda crash una Family dia!
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by ParisLove2(f): 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
denzel2009: So many fucktards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KTCp2oCwOk
Lol funny video
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by SimplySEA(m): 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2012
God..., 3 of my frenz are posted to this state o!
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by emiwanlee(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
Jtf carry mortar wipe the whole city, you must touch at least half of the bokos

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by emiwanlee(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
SimplySEA: God..., 3 of my frenz are posted to this state o!
if they go there will die in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by billyG(m): 8:13pm On Nov 04, 2012
chei & d slow poke has accepted all dia conditions nxt time dey will shift dia dialogue venue to paradise hotel on d moon cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by curtain: 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
I TOT THE POLICE HAS KEPT SENATOR ZANNA AND HIS COHORTS UNDER WATCH LIST, MAY BE THEY SHUD INCLUDE BUHARI AND ALL OTHERS DELIGHTED IN NIGERIANS BLOOD.
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Ikwerefistson: 1:32am On Nov 05, 2012
k2039:

only idiots
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 05, 2012
k2039:

Cool Gif, Sorry but i am going to have to Borrow this fam.....
Re: Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe by 5much(m): 4:49am On Nov 05, 2012
may God help our nation,Nigeria.things ar really getting out of hand.

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Releases Another Bomb | DOWNLOAD AUDIO / On The Peace Move Between Tonyebarcanista,IPOB Agitators, And Others / I Regret Ekweremadu’s Emergence – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.