Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:33 PM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (128225 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by evansclick: 8:31am On Nov 26, 2013
Yes sooper u can send someone to come check it I would really appreciate it. D vehicle is at harmonyvilla estate isheri opic after berger as if u are heading to arepo dat is before d long bridge after kara. D person can call me on dis no 08036550095
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by xtraodinaire: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2013
Morning bro, I did an oil change yesterday and used mobil 1 and also changed my atf used the mobil atf 220. I want to confirm if these fluids are right for the car else what are the disadvantages and how soon must it be rectified. I use a 2006 vw jetta.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:57am On Nov 27, 2013
Dexron 11e on a Volkswagen? Please drain it fast and we can send you the pureguard. Even Dexron 111 is not suitable. The Mobil 1 is good but I hope the engine chamber has no sludge before using the oil?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by xtraodinaire: 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
sooper rescue: Dexron 11e on a Volkswagen? Please drain it fast and we can send you the pureguard. Even Dexron 111 is not suitable. The Mobil 1 is good but I hope the engine chamber has no sludge before using the oil?

No sludge in the engine chamber. The car took 6litres of oil but it didn't get to the max on the dip stick, it was close though but I didn't add more to it.

About the atf, how much is the pureguard. I got 5 litres of the mobil atf but used only 2.5litres so I have 2.5litres that will probably go to waste. Let me know the cost of the atf and also if you have a workshop in lagos as I don't want to use typical road side guys and service centres can be a bit expensive.

Regards!
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
Our Lagos workshop is @ oando service station opp guinness road by ashade market, agege. call 08098534267 for price
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Prolowo: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2013
Good day, well done for your good works. Please I need your help. I use nissan altima 2002 auto. I just changed the gear oil 1st time ever since I bought it. The mechanic used seahorse atf, but ever since then the gear has not been changing from 1 if I get to press brake in a traffic. It changes nomally if I engage it and drive it on without pressing my brake pedal to stop or slow down finally, but if I get to traffic and then stop or slow down, then the gear remains at 1 and won't change, the rev goes up if I press the accelerator. I ve to pull over and stop the can, stop the engine and start it all over again to get back to normal.
Please could this be due to gear oil changed and what do you advice?
Rotimi.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by myk2mic: 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
hi, saw the post quite late i wld say, bt all the same make i ask. i have a honda accord 99 model, had issues with my front passsenger side tire and had to change shaft and bearings etc, not sure what the mechanic didnt do well bt since the change the car would jerk when put either in reverse or drive. and when driving, would drag(rpm wld rise) before jerking into the next gear. another mechanic said that shaft change wasnt properly done bt that the problem would fix itself gradually and that i need to change my gear oil becos it got burnt( did a change some mnths back after my cousin put abro to top the gear oil, and i used honda DW1 and its expensive) so i want to use dexron 111 this time around for some mnths before i gather money to get DW1 cos Z1 seems scare. now my questions

is the mechanic right with respect to the issues fixing itself)
u say dexron 111 is ok bt u rather told honda folks to get z1
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Rotimi, pls call me again. i will be in Vi tomorrow morning so that we can meet.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sesal: 9:05am On Dec 07, 2013
Good day @OP. Thanks for the good work.
My 2003 highlander requires SEA 5W-30 engine oil. Where/which marketer can i get this in nigeria.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oando, AP and TOTAL sell synthetic oil. But Oando syn is not sold publicly but if you are in abuja, you can get it at the outlet by National hospital. if not try Total Q9000. From my analysis, Oando syn is d best at the moment.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sesal: 11:45am On Dec 08, 2013
sooper rescue: Oando, AP and TOTAL sell synthetic oil. But Oando syn is not sold publicly but if you are in abuja, you can get it at the outlet by National hospital. if not try Total Q9000. From my analysis, Oando syn is d best at the moment.

I reside in benin. Can i get your synthetic oil here?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:26am On Dec 09, 2013
Call me on 08098534267. We have 5 litres in Benin. Oando at km6, formerly called Agip.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sundyke107: 8:49am On Dec 18, 2013
Morning Bro, Please I noticed that my car CRV 1998 model jerks a little when I apply brake on a slow motion but doesnt jerk when I apply brake fully or park. Please what could be the cause?

I need your help please.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
You did not elaborate very well. Where is the jeep?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sundyke107: 7:08am On Dec 19, 2013
Morning, I mean the car jerks when i move slowly but stables when parked. The car is in Lagos. I await your advise.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by santakris(m): 7:30am On Dec 19, 2013
Hi, kindly educate me on the right ATF fluid for my mazda protege 97 model. Sent u a mail already though.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
sundyke107: Morning, I mean the car jerks when i move slowly but stables when parked. The car is in Lagos. I await your advise.
is there check engine light on the dashboard? Check your air filter also.
santakris: Hi, kindly educate me on the right ATF fluid for my mazda protege 97 model. Sent u a mail already though.
Use Oando Dexron 111
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sundyke107: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2013
Thanks for your quick response. Yes the check engine light is on. My air filter is good. What else do you advise?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by santakris(m): 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
sooper rescue: is there check engine light on the dashboard? Check your air filter also.
Use Oando Dexron 111
. Thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2013
Can we wait till after xmas? I will be in Lagos on the 26th
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by stevedre: 1:44am On Dec 21, 2013
Please what is the best atf for a MAZDA TRIBUTE 2001 MODEL and i later discovered the mechanic that serviced it since its a tokunbo jeep changed, damaged or stole the catalyst. i dont know much about cars so im confused over all this issues because its draining my fuel tank, i use more than a full tank for a week even when i don't drive much
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by starlingbawa(m): 4:17am On Dec 21, 2013
I'd start by saying this thread's one of the best things to happen on nairaland and I say a big thumbs up to you guys for the wonderful and spirited work you re doing.

Now that said and done, I'd like to know which is the recommended ATF for LEXUS RX 300 (2002 MODEL). I ask this question because I'm seriously considering getting one soon and i'm also aware that this particular vehicle has a history of 'GEAR BOX WAHALA'.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
starlingbawa: I'd start by saying this thread's one of the best things to happen on nairaland and I say a big thumbs up to you guys for the wonderful and spirited work you re doing.

Now that said and done, I'd like to know which is the recommended ATF for LEXUS RX 300 (2002 MODEL). I ask this question because I'm seriously considering getting one soon and i'm also aware that this particular vehicle has a history of 'GEAR BOX WAHALA'.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.
Thank you for your appreciation. Type T-1V is the recommended Atf for the Lexus. Our Pureguard is a multi vehicle global synthetic transmission which is suitable for your jeep. We can perform the flush when you are ready.
stevedre: Please what is the best atf for a MAZDA TRIBUTE 2001 MODEL and i later discovered the mechanic that serviced it since its a tokunbo jeep changed, damaged or stole the catalyst. i dont know much about cars so im confused over all this issues because its draining my fuel tank, i use more than a full tank for a week even when i don't drive much
Tribute works with Mercon transmission fluid. You can buy a used catalyst converter in the parts market. Try Motocraft atf. Buy from Ford Briscoe or use Oando Dexron 111 which is also Mercon compliant

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Xmas to all Nairalanders from Rescue and Recovery Nigeria Limited.

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by niyosen: 10:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hi Boss. Tanks 4 d gud work pls keep it up. What is the engine oil and Atf to used on Toyota corolla 2003 and 2005 model.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by meetdopi(m): 3:15am On Dec 26, 2013
About a year ago when my mechanic changed the gear oil on my '02 Toyota sienna, I have been having serious issues with it. The car drags and jerks when changing gears, now it has become worse. What can I do as I still love the vehicle? Would I need to change the gear as he suggested after a diagnostic review was conducted? Or I should just sell it off?

Again, which is the beat ATF for an Honda pilot'06, as I have learnt a big lesson from the Sienna. Thanks in advance.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by meetdopi(m): 3:19am On Dec 26, 2013
Could you prescribe the best engine oil for the honda Pilot and the extent of its availability.Regards
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:51am On Dec 26, 2013
meetdopi: Could you prescribe the best engine oil for the honda Pilot and the extent of its availability.Regards
Honda Pilot requires you to use 5W30 synthetic oil. Oando syn, Total Q9000 and AP syn is ideal. Mobil 1 would have been on the list but it is 0W40 and because Honda requires 5W30, use the 3 brands listed above, though Oando syn is still not sold to the general public, but it is the best right now in the country.
meetdopi: About a year ago when my mechanic changed the gear oil on my '02 Toyota sienna, I have been having serious issues with it. The car drags and jerks when changing gears, now it has become worse. What can I do as I still love the vehicle? Would I need to change the gear as he suggested after a diagnostic review was conducted? Or I should just sell it off?

Again, which is the beat ATF for an Honda pilot'06, as I have learnt a big lesson from the Sienna. Thanks in advance.
[quote
2002 Sienna uses dexron 111, so I advise that you use Oando Dexron 111. It is available at every Oando outlet across Nigeria. Just tell your Mechanic to flush out the old fluid and add 5 litres. Tell him to wash the pan and the gear filter. Honda uses Atfz1 but Pureguard will work fine with the jeep
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:05am On Dec 26, 2013
niyosen: Hi Boss. Tanks 4 d gud work pls keep it up. What is the engine oil and Atf to used on Toyota corolla 2003 and 2005 model.
The engine oil for both Corollas is 5W20. Use synthetic oil. It last longer and cheaper too because you will only service the cars twice in a year.
The Atf for both cars is Type T-1V. Pureguard works well with both cars
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by niyosen: 11:45am On Dec 26, 2013
sooper rescue:
The engine oil for both Corollas is 5W20. Use synthetic oil. It last longer and cheaper too because you will only service the cars twice in a year.
The Atf for both cars is Type T-1V. Pureguard works well with both cars
Tanks Boss. I hope Total Q9000 is systhetic oil. Can i use it on my toyota coroll 2005 model.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
Yes, TOTAL Q9000 is fully synthetic. You can use it on your Corolla
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by VICTOFX(m): 10:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
Weldon bro, please my premera2.0 electric carburetor is consuming fuel, and killing my plugs, and the car is getting sluggish, local meckos are insisting i change to the manual carburetor, claiming the electric carburetor is not serviceable, but i am being skeptical about that, please whats your take on this, and what do you suggest i do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply)

Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix / Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Dear Sir/ma Buy Your Europe/American Clean and cheap Car From Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.