Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Web Design - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design (2056 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Design by Gamine(f): 10:52pm On Jan 30, 2008
Rate this my design, abeg

Re: Web Design by Cactus(m): 12:46am On Jan 31, 2008

sucks like crap
Re: Web Design by goldenimp(m): 8:20am On Jan 31, 2008
what do u mean sucks like crap. i love it jare, keep it up
Re: Web Design by smartsoft(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2008
thisone na join join ! not only sucking like a crap. it's really a pain in ma butt. !
Re: Web Design by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 31, 2008
I see you coming up as an entertainment/multimedia developer, there is room for improvement.
Re: Web Design by my2cents(m): 11:46am On Jan 31, 2008
gamine,

To me, the design is good, but for the print media. For a website, I would be very concerned about page download times with respect to graphics in particular, and screen width real estate.

I say you dump the excess graphics for a grid approach. You can always have a print version of your site for those who may want to download it.

As always, my 2 cents.
Re: Web Design by Gamine(f): 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2008
lol
@Cactus
im nt surprised at ur words
soon you will jump into a pit!

@Others
thanks for the constructive input
the largest room is the room for improvement!

The page really is static,
its just hypothetical never evn intended to host it
without broadband, i know it wont work
so i will keep practicing! smiley
Re: Web Design by Cactus(m): 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2008
Gamine:

lol
@Cactus
im nt surprised at your words
soon you will jump into a pit!

thank you very much, will do so sometime today.

It is just painful to look at I am glad i use tinted lenses that removes some degree of shock and awe to my eye.

lack of focus, too many colors, placement of items is soooooooooooooooooooooooo off.

try again.

in the mean time i will go out and look for a pit. well at least i wont be able to make people weep because of the poor work i do as my existence will no longer be felt.
Re: Web Design by my2cents(m): 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2008
there there children,

make una chill. Otherwise popsie go take koboko deal with una tongue
Re: Web Design by smartsoft(m): 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2008
my2cent, them know you that year huh ? lol
Re: Web Design by Gamine(f): 9:29pm On Jan 31, 2008
@Cactus

so far you r the only one weeping
talking about this n that.
placement being off
lack of focus?

what r u talking about

Man! that pit is calling for you
the sooner the better!
Re: Web Design by Cactus(m): 1:16am On Feb 01, 2008
Gamine:

@Cactus

so far you r the only one weeping
talking about this n that.
placement being off
lack of focus?

what r u talking about

Man! that pit is calling for you
the sooner the better!

Do you know how to read?
Do you know what lack of focus mean?

I guess not because I wrote, placement of items off and you wrote placement off, so i guess you don't know how to read properly. so get a clue.

Oh by the way, the pit is not deep enough. Will look for a lake tomorrow or jump off the Bay Bridge.

Do you want me to translate into a different language for your understanding because as i can see you are having difficulty with comprehension.

Let me know what language you want it translated to, and if i am not familiar with that language, i will look for someone to help me out so you can have a better understanding

I hope that is not your pic on the page cos it looks like one of my chinese friends though she is cuter than the person in the pic, i could have given the person pts but not up to par
Re: Web Design by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 01, 2008
I think i love this,
Pls keep them coming grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Web Design by webguru(m): 1:05pm On Feb 01, 2008
@cactus

u bad oh grin

@gamine

i've been a fan of ur works and was curious when i saw u on webdesign thread instead of graphics

let's face it the design is creative

i hope u used fireworks else it might b difficult to actualise

keep working on it, u'll sure get some tips here

welcome to web design

i think cactus' critique is frank, learn from it
Re: Web Design by zimit(m): 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2008
It looks nice, but need 2b improve.
Re: Web Design by Gamine(f): 1:20pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Cactus
i wont talk abt the english thingy
its obvious you have been spending too much time
speaking chinese,

i only said you will soon jump into a pit
if you want to kill yourself by jumping off "bay bridge"
you neednt go that far, im sure a lil kitchen knife will do the trick! wink

chai!
people can only see the challenge
they will never drop a solution
they will say its criticsm when its plain beefdogism!
embarassed undecided
Re: Web Design by joshjosh(m): 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2008
i think seun charging for acces will help this site.
Re: Web Design by my2cents(m): 3:15pm On Feb 01, 2008
I hope that is not your pic on the page because it looks like one of my chinese friends though she is cuter than the person in the pic, i could have given the person pts but not up to par

Cactus, as much as I like beef cool I must say especially considering she is of the weaker sex, the above comment was uncalled for. Besides, we need to stick to the issues, otherwise how can we learn? Your comments though frank and truthful could have been said another way. I don't like the design but I have said so without actually saying so.

I always say that there is a way you criticize someone such that they not only do what you said but ten times more. On the other hand, you say the right thing the wrong way and you totally turn off the person.
Re: Web Design by Cactus(m): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2008
my2cents:

Cactus, as much as I like beef cool I must say especially considering she is of the weaker sex, the above comment was uncalled for. Besides, we need to stick to the issues, otherwise how can we learn? Your comments though frank and truthful could have been said another way. I don't like the design but I have said so without actually saying so.

I always say that there is a way you criticize someone such that they not only do what you said but ten times more. On the other hand, you say the right thing the wrong way and you totally turn off the person.

my2cents = ", especially considering she is of the weaker sex, "

Can you teach me how to criticize? hm I am thinking how can i criticize the right way? Oh that reminds me, i criticize the wrong way no wonder people don't like simon corwell.

If a pot is red, will you say hm it does not look red but a little bit of maroon and brown? Just write what it is instead of wasting time, because the person criticizing will still ask question as to why. except of course there are some language skills issues with the parties involved.

If you consider the feminine gender a weaker gender, so what is the fight for equality of both men and women? Men, women, i say what i want to say so deal with it. So, what you mean is that, I can say tougher things to a guy and lesser to a girl ba? Do you think she will consider herself weaker? I hope she answers that question then I can give her props for that

Gamine:

@Cactus
i wont talk about the english thingy
its obvious you have been spending too much time
speaking chinese,

If i say i have german friends, does that mean i speak german? likewise, turkish, korean, japanese. if i know people from non-english speaking countries, Does that mean I speak all the languages? Well, I wish though because it will be a great accomplishment.

However, that is one thing you got correct. good job I give you one point. I am self-teaching myself mandarin.

Oh in regards to the kitchen knife sorry to disappoint you but I don't cook so i don't need a knife. sorry to burst your bubble again. though u got something right this time at least.

What are you doing for valentine's day Gamine? Would you like to go out to dinner? Dont worry your name sounds like Garmin so it will be easy for me to find you
Re: Web Design by my2cents(m): 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2008
lol,

cactus u r being very political with your last post. Look at the last part of the first paragraph of what you quoted above and tell me where I said you didn't call a spade a spade. Also, as for "the weaker sex" you know where I was going with that. Sure, there is equality of the sexes now but I am pretty sure if u r approaching a door and there is a lady behind you, you step aside, open the door and let her through. Or don't you? tongue That's where I was coming from.

If this were a post on looks, I would say okay, harsh but you made your point. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, this is a post on website design. Of course, this goes both ways, so I am not exactly endorsing gamine's response either.
Re: Web Design by Gamine(f): 8:02pm On Feb 01, 2008
lol

i cant stop laughing today

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cactus,
fine fine
you dont cook, you dont have a kitchen
fine
Go jump!
Re: Web Design by uspry1(f): 7:00am On Feb 02, 2008
Very creative electronic scrapbook website if you already learn in Flash animation as well as understand about internet constrict (low speed internet vs. high speed internet/broadband, resolution sizing, usability, consistency, etc, ).

By the way, I know that your page is static.

I recommend you taking accelerated 18-months either Multimedia Designing or Visual Communications Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree that will give you more depth of dynamic website concept is all about. (prefer Technical school or School of Designing). This course teaches you 10 importance of design rules explaining how target audiences keep coming back to your site.

However I agree with Catcus' honest critique: your design has lost its point of focus to bring the readers attracting to your site. I mean my eyes was lost seeing too many pictures, too many color distraction, and too many sidebars---not know what is this purpose of your site.  It could be scrapbook! maybe yearbook! maybe "this is my life story"! maybe family tree site! maybe teenager magazine!

I hope you understand what I mean! I myself am expereinced Visual Designer with earned my 2004 BFA degree in Visual Communications to re-polish my old 1999 web development certification and 1988 Bachelor Science in Computer Information Systems.
Re: Web Design by mambenanje(m): 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2008
well Gamine,
I love the design, the artistic work you did, it might not be good interms of design standards but it depends on your concept, thats why jazz music came to existence, you could do the design and explain why you did it and I start doing mine too. My life a flash designer I have seen soo many sites designed like that. So if you were to do a flash site from that design I will give you 80% success, but if its html, follow what my2cents said and forget cactus. When people criticise your work accept what you want, and reject what you dont need, and dont even feel bad about it.
on earth there are many mad people so u wont go arround arguin with them. you just have to go your way.
The final point is " THERE IS ALWAYS A BEGINING" so take it as your begining and ask cactus if he is a good designer ask him if he learned all his skills in one day, and let him know in the next one year you could be better than him
thats my own contribution wink
Re: Web Design by Cactus(m): 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2008
my2cents:

cactus you're being very political with your last post. Look at the last part of the first paragraph of what you quoted above and tell me where I said you didn't call a spade a spade. Also, as for "the weaker sex" you know where I was going with that.

Anything that is written in response is fair game so are my comments. Sorry I don't know where you are going with that. Can you explain? lol. "the weaker sex" in comparison to what? Intelligence, character, charisma, leadership? I don't know what you mean.

mambenanje:

well Gamine,
, follow what my2cents said and forget cactus. When people criticise your work accept what you want, and reject what you don't need, and don't even feel bad about it. , ask cactus if he is a good designer ask him if he learned all his skills in one day,

Hm, you are on a product development team, you get the product done and you start marketing because you think it is good enough. Why do people go into private beta testing? Crash testing for cars and other forms of testing. Cars go out to public, problems arise and recalls are made. Money lost, more time wasted so many problems arise. Likewise, bad design/implementation = discontented visitors and many of them will never come back to your site if you actually implement that design. You are aiming for perfection which is reasonably not possible but the closer you get to perfection the better for you so as not to make any losses. The most recent classic example, Qtrax, well i guess they are going under, if you downloaded their software, you will know what am talking about regardless if they actually provided the service as described. My advice, join a beta testing group, forum whatever.

Your goal is to find the WORST CASE SCENARIO and prevent that from happening. If you do not solve the issued posed by the worst thing that could happen, you will end up going back to the drawing board, doing damage control just like car recalls. You can't foresee everything that is why you are asking for people's feedback.

Of course it is up to the person to accept what he/she wants to accept. So what is the use of asking people for their opinion if you are only looking to accept what you like? You already know what you like and you really don't care about what people say.

Am I a designer you asked. hmmm hold on I need to think wait,

Do I need to be a designer to know which type of user-interface is user-friendly? I don't expect perfection immediately except you are a savant. At least this is not the first time. Personal growth and development is an on-going process.

No matter what you do, there will always be someone better than you and me.

As you wish you can always disregard my comments, however take into consideration uspry's comments in looking for ways to develop as a designer if that is your path. Find something you are comfortable with and do that to develop ways to conceptualize and implement. You may not have to enroll in a program you can read by yourself if you can do it.

uspry1:

I recommend you taking accelerated 18-months either Multimedia Designing or Visual Communications Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree that will give you more depth of dynamic website concept is all about. (prefer Technical school or School of Designing). This course teaches you 10 importance of design rules explaining how target audiences keep coming back to your site.
Re: Web Design by Gamine(f): 7:40pm On Feb 07, 2008
lol
thanks all for your wonderful comments
all those that would genuinely give great advice smiley

When i put up that design i never said i was the one that did it undecided
i knew people like Cactus will jump out of the woods and start shollering!

Anyways i was directed to come up with something, following that kind of style
that is never my style and will never be!

i am a minimalist, i go for simple, stylish n chic cool
so people always look before you leap! smiley

this is more like me

Re: Web Design by Cactus(m): 3:56am On Feb 08, 2008
Gamine quotes

"Rate this my design, abeg" « on: January 30, 2008, 10:52 PM »

", its just hypothetical never evn intended to host it
without broadband, i know it wont work
so i will keep practicing! Smiley, " « #6 on: January 31, 2008, 12:12 PM »

rate this my design = rate this your work
Never even intended to host it = You never intended to host it = it is your work
I will keep practicing = you will keep practicing your designs

And now you are saying

Gamine:

When i put up that design i never said i was the one that did it undecided
i knew people like Cactus will jump out of the woods and start shollering!

when people say you did good, I like your design, you dump, see you as an enterntainment, etc you never denied it was your work you thanked them for the feedback. If that is the case, why don't you say when people like my2cents, webdezzi, etc referred to the design as your work, why didnt you tell them it is not your design that you will never do something like that. All of a sudden you are abandoning your first work. what a shame

Why stress people to comment on something that you claim is not yours now?
Why not tell the person that did it to post it?
Why did you previously try to defend the design if it is not yours?
Why are you now denying it is not your work?
Why is it that when people said your work is good, you never said it was not your design you said thank you?
So who did the designs?
Are you backing down for your work?

If you are convinced your work is good, stand tall for your work and never say it is another person's work, be proud of your work.
Re: Web Design by Gamine(f): 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2008
essh Man

Why do you keep falling in the same pit! shocked

Anyways im cool bro
Cant you understand!!
Chinese is clearly not good for you mind!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyou mo doko ka de dareka no nagasu namida! embarassed
Re: Web Design by Cactus(m): 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2008
rubbish

read what you wrote previoiusly and read what you wrote recently

does it make sense?

i cant read only 2 lines, i read everything so i can understand
Re: Web Design by Afam(m): 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2008
Why the somersault? Why deny the design or work isn't yours?

Na wah for people ooo
Re: Web Design by Gamine(f): 10:31pm On Feb 08, 2008
Who is denying anything!

please eh read well!

READ WELL!!!!

haba!
Re: Web Design by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 08, 2008
actually it doesnt look bad, its cool but the problems is dial-up. most nigeria use that and the user might close the page before it even loads up.
Re: Web Design by Gamine(f): 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2008
I never intended to host that design!

thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Review This Blog / 10 Tips For Tech-writers / How Can I Send Unlimited Mails/hr With Php Mail() Function

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.