Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,753 members, 7,806,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? (9334 Views)

Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic / MASSOB Not Aware Of Proposed Biafra Republic Day - Uwazuruike / Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
Enough is enough.
It appears while some Ibos are highly in support of the creation of the Republic of Biafra and can even give up their last drop to see to its success. Others on the other hand are indifferent about it while the last set of Ibos still strongly believe in "one Nigeria" and think the issue of creating a republic of Biafra isn't necessary.

Nairalanders from the Eastern (Ibo) part of Nigeria please let us know your take on this issue if you are in Support or Against the creation of Biafran Republic.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by eduson55(m): 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
watch this video and confirm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJpyuBVBRPg

acidtalk: Enough is enough.
It appears while some Ibos are highly in support of the creation of the Republic of Biafra and can even give up their last drop to see to its success. Others on the other hand are indifferent about it while the last set of Ibos still strongly believe in "one Nigeria" and think the issue of creating a republic of Biafra isn't necessary.

Nairalanders from the Eastern (Ibo) part of Nigeria please let us know your take on this issue if you are in Support or Against the creation of Biafran Republic.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by chosen04(f): 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
its amazing how everybody is now becoming an expert in BIAFRA AFFAIR . . . . . .

4 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by manny4life(m): 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
I don't know if you seek genuine response, but if you do, wouldn't it be a mockery of the thread and shame to you that you begin with "IBO's" rather than the correct term "IGBO's"? angry angry angry angry

19 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
No offence intended.
I will correct it.
Sorry, if you took that to be offensive.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Abagworo(m): 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
Majority of Igbos are indifferent about it. Say 80% and prefer going about their business. To these people Biafra is a nuisance. The remaining 20% are mostly pro-Biafrans and few pro-Nigerians like me.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
Abagworo: Majority of Igbos are indifferent about it. Say 80% and prefer going about their business. To these people Biafra is a nuisance. The remaining 20% are mostly pro-Biafrans and few pro-Nigerians like me.

If going by your comment is considered as a fact, then doesn't that mean the whole Biafra shout is just a iceberg on a lollypop stick? Meaning it will end up with all shouts and noises with absolutely nothing at the end of the day.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
chosen04: its amazing how everybody is now becoming an expert in BIAFRA AFFAIR . . . . . .

You do not have to be an expert to read the hearts and mind of the common man. We can discuss the issues intellectually, politically, tribally and otherwise. it does not take from the FACT that there are segments of this nation who have a deep sense of disillusionment, betrayal and economic disfranchisement. simply put, they believe that Nigeria no longer belongs to them therefore they no longer belong to Nigeria. it gets worse as we pursue this unhealthy course of ethic-bigotry and hatred within our common borders and expect outsiders to give us a positive outlook
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
You are so on point.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Ngodigha1(m): 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
acidtalk: You are so on point.
Dude you are not Igbo and this sort of discussion is not meant for your likes.

2 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ngodigha1:
He is Nigerian and how many igbos truly understand the Spirit of "Biafran" Nationhood.. after the Civil War and following 5 decades of being part of Nigeria reaping the benefits and losses thereof. Nationhood and Cessation is not something you carry in your chest like a badge of youthful exuberance like most Nigerians on the cause of BIAFRA. you (igbos and non-igbos) need to weigh the FACTS outside sentimental zeal. consider the Economic and Political impact and most importantly the tendency for ISOLATION (on all critical levels needed for Nation-building). MASSOB, BIAFRA, NDIGBO are all symptoms of a deeper problem. it is not a MOVEMENT.. it lacks the SPIRIT, FIGHT and IDEALS necessary to bring about a truly Sociopolitical change for the IGBOS

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Abagworo(m): 8:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
acidtalk:

If going by your comment is considered as a fact, then doesn't that mean the whole Biafra shout is just a iceberg on a lollypop stick? Meaning it will end up with all shouts and noises with absolutely nothing at the end of the day.

There. Has never been any struggle where majority are involved. During the MEND struggle, only about 10,000 people were involved while majority of Ijaws were indifferent and another minority against MEND. The indifferent people usually join the winning party when the chips are down.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by CyberG: 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
manny4life: I don't know if you seek genuine response, but if you do, wouldn't it be a mockery of the thread and shame to you that you begin with "IBO's" rather than the correct term "IGBO's"? angry angry angry angry

No need to be pedantic about ibo or ibhoe, or iboee, or whatever! No one gives a shaite and you don't have to respond if you are not ibo! However, when all the nose-thumping idiots are buried alive in rockets aliabo-style, I hope little, kwashiokored dumb asses like you will come cry everyone a river so you can be annihilated.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 9:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
Oouch!!!
That's harsh.

Let's not derail the thread by condenming anyone.

We want the real opinions of the Igbos on nairaland.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by dayokanu(m): 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ngodigha1:

But during the Biafra struggle it wasnt only Igbos that fought? Ojukus vice Effiong wasnt even a Igbo man
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by manny4life(m): 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
CyberG:

No need to be pedantic about ibo or ibhoe, or iboee, or whatever! No one gives a shaite and you don't have to respond if you are not ibo! However, when all the nose-thumping idiots are buried alive in rockets aliabo-style, I hope little, kwashiokored dumb asses like you will come cry everyone a river so you can be annihilated.

Unfortunately, when your chi created you, he did not endow you with wisdom -the common thinking and apprehension capability. Just like you don't give a hoot about what it's called, neither do I give a flying f.u.ck what your so-called, irrelevant opinions are. I responded because I'm a proud, young Igbo man, a true son of the land, I wouldn't condone fuckerz like you demeaning the GREAT IGBO NAME. When "dead-remnants" like you speak, just to get my audience, the best I can ONLY do is put you on check...

14 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by eastOFwest(m): 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
I don't see how this massob thing is anyt different from MEND except for the fact that it will never end in an amnesty programme.

Truth be told, Igbos are the most indifferent set of people in Nigeria. After the harsh realities of the civil war, most prefer to go about their business. what's the sense in fighing from a massive point of disadvantage? 99% of Igbos will never put themselves in a situation again where the entire Nigeria will unite to fight against them(no matter how hard some people may wish); tufiakwa!!

Of course, the minority is always the most vocal and certain people can point at these noise makers (including those on NL) as proof of this or that, which adds up to nothing in the greater scheme of things.

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by RickyRoss1(m): 10:30pm On Nov 05, 2012
Yes I support it. My father fought for it and now he is late, if there is war tomorrow i will support Biafra physically, financially and otherwise.

The few Igbos not in support of Biafra are the few clowns who refused to develop their home towns, they centered MOST of their investments in another mans state and whenever they hear the name Biafra their heart starts pounding bc they know they are going to loose those properties.

I am a red blooded Igboman, I am not saying one shouldn't invest outside, but invest wisely. I do have investments outside Igbo, and they are investments I can move/relocate within 2 days notice. Building mansions outside Igboland is not in my agenda. I know Igbo is the most hated tribe in Nigeria and any property you have outside Igboland is at risk.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ngodigha1:

Keep quiet. And stop being a tribalistic biggot. Whether I am Igbo or not is none of your business. NO ONE can ascribe me to any tribe or religion on this forum because to the best of my knowledge I have always been 100% fair to every single tribe and religion on this forum.

Where were you hiding when I openly condemn Seun and his moderators by being bias by only putting damaging news about the igbos on the frontpage?

Bloody hypocrite like you. When you are meant to come and and speak you will hide like a chicken that has AIDS and now you are telling me nonesense.

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by pazienza(m): 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ricky_Ross: Yes I support it. My father fought for it and now he is late, if there is war tomorrow i will support Biafra physically, financially and otherwise.

The few Igbos not in support of Biafra are the few clowns who refused to develop their home towns, they centered MOST of their investments in another mans state and whenever they hear the name Biafra their heart starts pounding bc they know they are going to loose those properties.

I am a red blooded Igboman, I am not saying one shouldn't invest outside, but invest wisely. I do have investments outside Igbo, and they are investments I can move/relocate within 2 days notice. Building mansions outside Igboland is not in my agenda. I know Igbo is the most hated tribe in Nigeria and any property you have outside Igboland is at risk.

So true. And the second group of igbos who hate biafra and what it stands for,are igbo political office holders,their relatives,families,friends and well wishers. And those igbo abuja contractors who benefit from nigeria corruption. And then,you have those igbos holding top positions in nigerian agencies and ministries and parastatals.

To all these group,who by the way,are less than 2% of the entire igbo population,biafra means change and uncertainty. It took them years of hard work to position themselves to where they are now,they fear that the change biafra will bring,might not leave them at the top of the food chain.

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Ejine(m): 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2012
@OP

With the current set of visionless governors like T.A. Orji, not yet.
That man first has to be stripped, beaten and burned alive before I can take any calls for Biafra seriously.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by KENESAGA(m): 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
PLS MY IGBO BROS, THE BEST THING U CAN DO HERE IS NOT TO COMMENT ON THIS TREAD, PLS I'M BEGING U, JUST NEGLET ANY COMMENT U SEE HERE PLS. JUST BE MATURED. GOD BLESS US AND BIAFRA. TNX

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Abagworo(m): 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
pazienza:

So true. And the second group of igbos who hates biafra and what it stands for,are igbo political office holders,their relatives,families,friends and well wishers. And those igbo abuja contractors who benefits from nigeria corruption. And then,you have those igbos holding top positions in nigerian agencies and ministries.

You are wrong on this. I happen to be one of those who stand for one Nigeria and a full fledged Igbo defender as well. All Nigerians are generally not happy with the State of our Nation but disintegration will only give a false solution since we'll still remain same in our different units. Both my father and my grandfather fought for Biafra but today have a different view like myself. Biafra war was more or less a war of survival than war of secession.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
KENESAGA: PLS MY IGBO BROS, THE BEST THING U CAN DO HERE IS NOT TO COMMENT ON THIS TREAD, PLS I'M BEGING U, JUST NEGLET ANY COMMENT U SEE HERE PLS. JUST BE MATURED. GOD BLESS US AND BIAFRA. TNX

It is because of people like you that still make the white man believes Africans live on trees.

You are sure not matured and educated if not you will understand the POWER of social media.

People with very vital points will surely convince others who have no previous knowledge or indifferent to see reasons why the struggle should continue or be stopped.

If you have no intelectual prowness to contribute please don't discourahe highly intelligent people from sharing their intellect here.

1 Like

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by ifyalways(f): 11:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
. . .with the clowns we have spearheading the "cause", I'm struggling hard to "understand" them. . . . .
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
I'm glad to say I'm a forward-thinking, pragmatic Igbo guy who KNOWS that Biafra will NEVER happen so long as there is oil and gas in the south-south in commercial quantity.

Look, here's a map of Biafra:

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Biafra_map.PNG[/img]

As you can see, the existence of Biafra means essentially that the entire oil and gas revenue generated and shared by Nigeria today will fall into the hands and ownership of the IGBOS. Not even the south-south people who sit on it will smell it, as they lack the 'majority' in the Biafran political contraption. Essentially, looking at that map it's easily apparent that Biafra was an attempted oil grab by Ojukwu and his cohorts. How on earth these MASSOB people look at this map and consider it realistic and attainable is absolutely beyond me. I mean, WHY exactly will Nigeria allow THIS to happen? EVER?

2 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by acidtalk: 12:06am On Nov 06, 2012
@Rossike, your kinds are the people we want to contribute on this thread. So far you all that have spoken for and against the creation of biafra have been really intelligent in your contributions.

Looking forward to more mind blowing contributions.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by eastOFwest(m): 12:14am On Nov 06, 2012
ROSSIKE: I'm glad to say I'm a forward-thinking, pragmatic Igbo guy who KNOWS that Biafra will NEVER happen so long as there is oil and gas in the south-south in commercial quantity.

Look, here's a map of Biafra:

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Biafra_map.PNG[/img]

As you can see, the existence of Biafra means essentially that the entire oil and gas revenue generated and shared by Nigeria today will fall into the hands and ownership of the IGBOS. Not even the south-south people who sit on it will smell it, as they lack the 'majority' in the Biafran political contraption. Essentially, looking at that map it's easily apparent that Biafra was an attempted oil grab by Ojukwu and his cohorts. How on earth these MASSOB people or whatever they call themselves look at this map and consider it realistic and attainable is absolutely beyond me. I mean, WHY exactly will Nigeria allow THIS to happen? EVER?

I think u r referring to d biafra of 1966 which was the eastern region as it stood then. Surely ït will be ludicrous to agitate for a biafra that includes cross rivers, akwa ibom, rivers & bayelsa?

3 Likes

Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 06, 2012
eastOFwest:

I think u r referring to d biafra of 1966 which was the eastern region as it stood then. Surely ït will be ludicrous to agitate for a biafra that includes cross rivers, akwa ibom, rivers & bayelsa?

Ah... my brother, do you think the separatists are only referring to Igboland in their agitation? I've seen nothing in their rhetoric to suggest an altered map, or one that differs even slightly from the original.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by eastOFwest(m): 12:31am On Nov 06, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Ah... my brother, do you think the separatists are only referring to Igboland in their agitation? I've seen nothing in their rhetoric to suggest an altered map, or one that differs even slightly from the original.

Interesting. I'll find out.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by Abagworo(m): 12:35am On Nov 06, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Biafra is gone. Any new nation that can be found by Igbos will not be Biafra but another country comprising only Igbo groups and any willing non-Igbo like Crossriver or Akwaibom. I don't think the neo-Biafrans include Rivers, Akwaibom, Cross River and Bayelsa in their scheme of things. However the boundary is blurred as Igbos outside the Southeast seem to be included. I've seen Biafran flags hoisted at Oyigbo,Diobu and Etche in Rivers State.
Re: IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic? by eastOFwest(m): 12:51am On Nov 06, 2012
Ricky_Ross: Yes I support it. My father fought for it and now he is late, if there is war tomorrow i will support Biafra physically, financially and otherwise.

It's easy to talk like this if the investments are small businesses or u r in paid employment.

I have a relative who used to talk like when he was a 1st level manager in an oil servicing coy. He was well paid plus side deals/biz. He said he'll never aquire property outside abia state. fast-forward 14yrs, he now has his own outfit and is worth a few billion naira. Of course he had to aquire multi-million naira properties in pH, Warri & Lagos as business premises. How else would he have expanded without falling prey to extortionate rent costs from landlords? FYI, he's not a govt contractor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Youths Congress Endorse GMB / What Atiku’s Election As President Means For Sports In Nigeria – Dr Oche Otorkpa / Francis Nwifuru: PDP, APGA Guber Candidates Not Needed In My Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.