Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,485 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? (6671 Views)

It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. / A Nairalander Wedding Anniversary Family Pictures / Comic Actor, Afonja Olaniyi Aka, Sanyeri Finally Picks December 1st Wedding Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by oddysey(m): 5:58am On Nov 06, 2012
[b][/b]Hello NLers.

I know this may not be a front-page kind of topic but I really need some help/suggestions....lol.

It will be my 1st Wedding Anniversary in 3 weeks time but I really am confused as to how to "wow" my lovely wife.

I stay in PH and would love to hear your suggestions.

P.S. Hmmmmmm......coughs......may I add that she is in the early stages of her 2nd trimester of pregnancy too.

Thanks folks.
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by k2039: 7:12am On Nov 06, 2012
Go for another honey moon.

Since she is pregnant,just do something romantic for her(I guess she is heavy and mooving about may not really be a good option),better still you could go for baby shopping together.
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 06, 2012
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by oddysey(m): 9:56am On Nov 06, 2012
Thanks guys.

@ chaircover, say I have 100k as budget......

@k2039, could you pls expatiate on what you mean by "something romantic".........the baby shopping is planned for later.

Thanks.
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Iaz93: 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
Congrats . . . .buy her a car, decorated with flowers

1 Like

Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by iamswizz(m): 12:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
I suggest you treat her nice..... By treating her nice
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
You don't need 100k.

If you can cook, whip up an 8-star menu, complete with candle lights and all (yes women still love it).

Bring out the wedding CD's and relive the special 'i do' day again. (thats why its good to spend well on videography)

Toast her all over again, practice all your university lines again, just be nice.

Afterwards watch a romantic movie...then top it up with a 'good performance' (not the regular 6 minute bulls.hit)

...After that you can argue over why you left toilet seat up or keep squeezing the middle of toothpaste. (na so we do our own, because we be like tom and Jerry|)

-TRUE STORY

10 Likes

Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by youngCEO: 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
Haa...pls be calm there's no big deal in planning that...jst contact me
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Dakingpin: 12:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
Dude am so happi 4 u its just one yr now is the time to snap out of it and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!.
P.S na joke o

1 Like

Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by yuzedo: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
Da kingpin: Dude am so happi 4 u its just one yr now is the time to snap out of it and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!.
P.S na joke o
LMFAOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
@ Op: Buy her recharge card, Nigerian girls/women dig that! wink undecided
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by jeddyMay(f): 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
yuzedo:
LMFAOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
@ Op: Buy her recharge card, Nigerian girls/women dig that! wink undecided

ABEG USE DS TIN GOD GAVE YOU WITHOUT PAYING FOR SUBSCRIPTION NW. MTCHEEEWWWWW undecided
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by xrazzy(m): 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
Afterwards watch a romantic movie...then top it up with a 'good performance' (not the regular 6 minute bulls.hit)

true talk grin
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Aaronrod: 1:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
Why don't you make it quiet.
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by buchibabe: 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
Go on ur knees,thank God and tell God to help u guys cElebrate many more anniversaries,after which u can take her to one Behind chinese restaurant.
Happy anniversary

3 Likes

Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by buchibabe: 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
Go on ur knees,thank God and tell God to help u guys cElebrate many more anniversaries,after which u can take her to one nice chinese restaurant.
Happy anniversary
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by pawpawguy: 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
I suggest you buy her a gift she likes, also take her out to any amusement place on that day then, you can top it up with a nice performance in the night but dont press harder oo, remember she is pregnant!
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by feminineA: 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
Congrats op,
She's too heavy to be stressed why not take her out?there will be some very nice restaurant around you, or you take her to the cinema to watch movies or better still look for a quiet park around your area pack some food and just go there and spend nice time reminding each other how you met,the ups and down of the 1st and the neccessary progress to achieve the new year. Make sure you get her a gift. Not perf please cause of her condition. Make it something she will wear or be with for a long time
And most importantly pray for each other. Prayer works
Enjoy
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Treasure508(f): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
there's no need travelin or watsoever,just do wat shagari here suggest.its nice though
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Afrocatalyst: 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mine will be on 19th nov. @ op, we are almost same age in marriage. Well, I've planned mine down. First, am changing our wedding ring. Reason: when we wan wed last year, pepper no too rest, so I went for cheap rings and now, its fading.
Second, am going to the church for vow renewal.
Third, am making a special dish for her.
Fourth, am getting her a new dress.
Finally, I will take her to heaven to see God.
Am just happy and cant wait for the day to come cos am ready.

2 Likes

Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by aadetoyin(f): 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]
I totally agree with the guy dat said u should cook 4 her, movie etc. Every woman wants her man to cook sometin special. And if u can't cook u should order for a meal she has been talkin about from her favourite resturant, if she likes massage then take her to a massage parlour where they cater for preg woman afterall a preg woman deserves to have her muscles well relaxed. U can also plan a romantic getaway by taking her to a place she has never been( somewhere she must have tallked about wanting to go)
Finally u can round up the day by giving her an anniversary present which doesn't ve to be expensive. Maybe Shoes.

1 Like

Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
@Op, If JAMB had asked me to write an Essay on how I'd celebrate my first wedding anniversary, maybe I'd have referred them to you for suggestions grin
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by timbros(m): 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
*watching this thread closely*

Cuz mine is March...just around the corner dont you think?

OP double congrats man!
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by chii8(f): 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
congrats man,cook special delicacy 4 her,get a her new set of undies n den do her icecream smushing*hope u knw d type i meant*
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by enuelly: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
Keep it intimate.. Do the cooking, keep it low key, do some prayers and thanksgiving in house and ask God to keep you strong till the next thanksgiving.. Congrats
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by enuelly: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2012
Keep it intimate.. Do the cooking, keep it low key, do some prayers and thanksgiving in house and ask God to keep you strong till the next anniversary.. Congrats
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Redmosquito(m): 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
Minion: Your Painfulness! How did u celebrate ur first wedding anniversary
Hades: We decided to search for the unknown
Minion: Did u find it? Ur Evilness
Hades: Ooh! We more than found it. We found it, went into it and have never come out
Minion: ooh! embarassed
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Amarakim: 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
Weekend getaway, organise a body spa 4 both of u.
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
chii8: congrats man,cook special delicacy 4 her,get a her new set of undies n den do her icecream smushing*hope u knw d type i meant*

Married people are so spoilt in a nice way ; please enlighten us, don't know what you mean lol
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by oddysey(m): 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
Thank you folks for the wonderful suggestions.

A recurring decimal in almost all the posts is cooking. I however have a deficiency in this regard.......I no too sabi cook o.

I will try to put all the ideas together and do something she will live to remember.

@afrocatalyst, am happy for u too bro. You are actually a week my senior..............lol. I pray your plans come to fruition (Amen).

And for many others whose are yet to come, I pray for provision for you and many more wonderful years ahead with your spouse.

And for the rest who are yet to marry, I pray you meet the right person - one without whom you just know you are incomplete.

Cheers and thanks again.

1 Like

Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by a1solution: 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
oddysey: Thank you folks for the wonderful suggestions.

A recurring decimal in almost all the posts is cooking. I however have a deficiency in this regard.......I no too sabi cook o.

I will try to put all the ideas together and do something she will live to remember.

@afrocatalyst, am happy for u too bro. You are actually a week my senior..............lol. I pray your plans come to fruition (Amen).

And for many others whose are yet to come, I pray for provision for you and many more wonderful years ahead with your spouse.

And for the rest who are yet to marry, I pray you meet the right person - one without whom you just know you are incomplete.

Cheers and thanks again.
it was a short and nice thread
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
1. Have breakfast prepared when she wakes up and tell her that you want to take her out for the day.
2. Without letting her know, arrange for her to spend the morning at a local 'day spa'. Make sure you pay for a pregnancy massage, facial, and hair services.
3. Before you pick her up, call on a few female family members to visit if they can. Once you get home, let her know that some family want to stop by. When they arrive, present her with some nice jewelry in their presence (nothing too flashy so as not to offend anyone).
4. After all this tell her how much you value you her as your wife and the future mother of your children. Say that you cannot imagine being without her.
5. At this point, There is nothing more to do. The evening will be yours wink.
Re: It's His 1st Wedding Anniversary: What Should He Do?????? by sugar001(f): 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hmmm!@Poster! Check into le meridian, or any hotel of your choice, lazy around in that cosy room, order for food, romantic showers and the rest. At noon you can take her to a studio to take a couple of pregnancy pictures in any cool studio of your choice. Pepperoni used to be cool. I dont know about now.Then go and see a movie in silverbird. Later in the evening go and sit out briefly at Bogainvilla(gra). Of couse you must ve arranged a little gift to be given to her before she goes to bed. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? / My Husband Is Flirting.... / Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.