Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers (10213 Views)

LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / 157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct / LASTMA Officers Kill Bus Driver In Lagos; Man Beaten To Coma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by mukina2: 9:19am On Nov 06, 2012
Aggrieved riders of motorcycles popularly called Okada plying Magodo area of Lagos State took to the Ojodu Berger road on Monday to engage some officers of the Lagos State Traffic and Management Authority in a fight after a raid by a combined team of policemen and LASTMA officers.

Our correspondent gathered that an Okada rider, said to be plying one of the restricted routes, was chased by the patrol teams.

An eyewitness said when they left after chasing other Okada riders away, others went on the rampage threatening to attack any LASTMA man in sight.

When our correspondent arrived at the scene of the incident, some of the protesting Okada riders were seen blocking the Roundabout at the end of the road with a traffic box.

They also beat two officers of the LASTMA controlling traffic on the road before they were rescued by passers-by and members of the Ojodu-Berger chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers.

Some of the motorcycle riders said they were not operating on any of the restricted routes in the state and could not understand why the police had continued to molest them.

The incident caused a gridlock before members of the Ojodu-Berger chapter of the NURTW mobilised themselves to control the traffic.

Chairman of the Ojodu-Berger Park of the NURTW, Mr. Tokunbo Seriki said the police were on a “sanitising” exercise across motor parks in the area.

He said it was after they finished checking the park that they decided to move to the Okada Park.

Seriki said, ‘‘I was told that a fight was about to break between the LASTMA officers and the Okada riders, so I quickly moved in with my officers. This axis is known for peace and we will not compromise the peace for anything. We will control the traffic till we are sure the officers are safe.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/okada-riders-beat-up-lastma-officers/
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by anishe(m): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2012
LASGIDI is gradually descending into a state of anarchy. What is happening?
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Abujafood: 9:31am On Nov 06, 2012
This action only proves the Lagos State Government was right in banning them!

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by geeez: 9:31am On Nov 06, 2012
Why are these guys so lawless?

You've been restricted from riding on only 452 out of over 9,000 roads. Why on earth is that hard a rule to stick with!?

I think government needs to get firmer

8 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by StarFist(m): 9:32am On Nov 06, 2012
cool
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 06, 2012
Waiting for the chain reaction, lawless nation!
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Okijajuju1(m): 9:34am On Nov 06, 2012
geeez: Why are these guys so lawless?

You've been restricted from riding on only 452 out of over 9,000 roads. Why on earth is that hard a rule to stick with!?

Because out of the 9000 roads, only 452 are good roads..

26 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by ayee001: 9:35am On Nov 06, 2012
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by pauloskyo: 9:35am On Nov 06, 2012
i hope the okada man stripped him naked too
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2012
Last time I read of police striping an okada man now okada man striping himself next okada man strips a police man. Naija la comprende *drinks a bowl of tea with groundnut*
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by geeez: 9:39am On Nov 06, 2012
Okija_juju:

Because out of the 9000 roads, only 452 are good roads..

Is this an attempt at humor? Certainly not funny

3 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 06, 2012
they say den don ban okada for 452 roads(which are d major link roads). Now to take a bike from Saka tinubu street in VI to mega plaza in Idowu Martins is now illegal because Okada is banned from Adeola odeku that links the two.
If u say they are allowed in streets, how will they get into the streets They av been indirectly banned from all roads!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by onyewec3: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2012
Is this the useless mega city dey are planning? A city riddled with agbero,street urchins,area boys etc.....which the ACN used to rig election in lagos...

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Okijajuju1(m): 9:46am On Nov 06, 2012
geeez:

Is this an attempt at humor? Certainly not funny

Did I lie?! Humor ko..

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by luvinhubby(m): 9:47am On Nov 06, 2012

Did u read the whole post, they were being harrased on non-restricted roads by those touts in yello & wine coloured uniforms, apparently trying extract extra 'egunje' from those already angry bikers. So much so for a "Progressive punitive regime".

3 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by stacomaster(m): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2012
Abeg wetin the worry Una The tym Wey so Called Lastma De beat em Nko
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by luvinhubby(m): 9:50am On Nov 06, 2012
dvdon: Last time I read of police striping an okada man now okada man striping himself next okada man strips a police man. Naija la comprende *drinks a bowl of tea with groundnut*
Ewu...ewu.....ewu Can-Beer grin
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by sucess001(m): 9:59am On Nov 06, 2012

so cos LASG tells u they got 9000 roads...u sef believe? where the 9000 roads na? na inside dem office e dey

govt firmer ko...farmer ni...expect more citizen disobedience if u dont tink of the citizens before comin out weit a policy

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by 5much(m): 10:03am On Nov 06, 2012
b bikers ar not finding things easy this period,hence d outburst nd fury.
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by mejai(m): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2012
9000 roads includes dat road from fashola's sitting-room to living room via kitchen bye-pass.
Dey should either make a special lane for them or enforce dem to obey traffic.
Now people r stranded @ d bus-stops , fuel scarcity not helpin d matters.
Until we start living above $1, but for now let dem be. lipsrsealed
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by buchibabe: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2012
Okada guys r not smilling.
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Odinaka00(m): 10:25am On Nov 06, 2012
Fashola is the best governor..........ACN is the best party

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by geeez: 10:38am On Nov 06, 2012
sucess001:

so cos LASG tells u they got 9000 roads...u sef believe? where the 9000 roads na? na inside dem office e dey

govt firmer ko...farmer ni...expect more citizen disobedience if u dont tink of the citizens before comin out weit a policy

Lagos remains the only state I can drive around using my navigation system in Nigeria. Its simple because all the roads are mapped and can be counted easily. Even when you look at the navigation map, you can count hundreds of roads on a wide screen of an LGA. If Lagos tells you it's got a million roads you can't doubt it because they have it all mapped. My navigation map even seems to show that there are over 9,000 roads in Lagos.
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 06, 2012
luvinhubby:
Ewu...ewu.....ewu Can-Beer grin
Ewu....ewu....ewu pure water ara agbapkala gi Otile ashewo
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by ogochukwunasa1: 10:44am On Nov 06, 2012
its nt by force to drive okada. fashola is savin lifes
Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Walexz02(m): 10:45am On Nov 06, 2012
I pity all ds LASMA abi wetin b there name?.....in d nxt few weeks nw some of them wil b resigning forcefuly... Mr. Fash did nt plan ds tin well b4 implementing it.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by Walexz02(m): 10:48am On Nov 06, 2012
ogochukwunasa1: its nt by force to drive okada. fashola is savin lifes

U better shutup there! What do u knw abt okada riding and okada men.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Beat-up LASTMA Officers by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:10am On Nov 06, 2012
lastma people don see a lot. haba smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Cannot Afford Another War With Tompolo And MEND / Saraki In Fresh Move Against CCB Trial / JUSUN Strike: Wike Threatens To Enforce No-Work-No-Pay Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.